[X3LU] Automatic MLCC defense.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hegbork
x4

[X3LU] Automatic MLCC defense.

Post by Hegbork » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 23:30

This script automatically sends out your MLCC ships to defend sectors you own.

I got a bit tired of trying to balance ships between MLCC and ADS when playing Mayhem. Also, I really like how MLCC fits into the logistics of moving fuel and missiles into the docks and didn't like how ADS handled it. The solution to that is Maydef. The README on the github page contains instructions for how to use it and the download is here.

Yes, the name is terrible, I'm bad at naming things.

Short instructions: assign hotkey, push hotkey, push "START". Done, now your sectors should be defended by your MLCC ships if you have enough of them. The default configuration should be pretty reasonable, read the README if you want to configure things or understand why things behave the way they behave.

Changes:

1.1 - MLCC carrier fighter script fixes. Other misc bug fixes.
1.2 - MLCC carrier script fixes. Bug fixes. No longer runs on a dock.
Last edited by Hegbork on Sun, 28. Jan 18, 21:54, edited 2 times in total.

Bejla
x3ap

Post by Bejla » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 09:39

Very nice. Love it.
Much easier to handle as the ADS.

Would it be possible to add more MLCC docks to the list?

Hegbork
x4

Post by Hegbork » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 10:26

You don't need to add any more docks to the list. We treat all MLCC ships just like MLCC treats them, the dock doesn't matter. The only reason why you need to pick a dock in the first place is because I don't know how to run scripts that aren't attached to a dock or a ship. It's mentioned in the documentation.

And since you're the first to respond to this topic, I packaged version 1.1 just for you (it's in the updated OP). It contains a bunch of bug fixes, especially a fixed fighter script for MLCC carriers so that fighters and TSes don't make our carriers stuck.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 19:44

Hi Hegbork,

The script you fixed for carriers and Tses, was it one of Litcubes original scripts or one you added?
Still life in the old dog yet...

Hegbork
x4

Post by Hegbork » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 20:19

Vayde wrote: The script you fixed for carriers and Tses, was it one of Litcubes original scripts or one you added?
Litcubes original. But, I'd say it's not a huge deal with normal use of MLCC since you're supposed to control things manually in sector and if there's just TS/TM/TP/TL/drone enemies left you'll either just shoot them yourself or even have other ships in your fleet and won't notice that fighters got stuck. I'm not exactly using the scripts for what they were designed for.

And continuing testing this on my Mayhem empire today I dug up and fixed another problem in the original scripts, this time in the carrier code itself, not fighters. Carriers are supposed to get closer to targets that are out of intercept range, but if the intercept range was set too high the carrier just sat there and did nothing and fighters did nothing too because target was outside of intercept range. And it seems to be a problem with the game itself since "follow object .. 40000 m" immediately returned that the target was reached even though it was much further away than that.

In other news. I just had enough confidence in the script that I let it deal with an OCV invasion in Mayhem and it performed flawlessly.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 20:19

START [NULL]-> Lib.Cmd.ThisScript

^ Does not require dock.

Hegbork
x4

Post by Hegbork » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 20:32

Litcube wrote:START [NULL]-> Lib.Cmd.ThisScript

^ Does not require dock.
That simple? Has this always worked or is it a feature you added? I seem to recall that first time I tried scripting things (an eternity ago) this didn't work and you couldn't even set local variables on sectors (which I see is being done all the time now).

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 20:33

In LU only:

[NULL] is a word.
Variables can be set on sectors.

Hegbork
x4

Post by Hegbork » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 21:55

It was that simple. I kind of feel iffy that I haven't figured out how to make sure that we don't run more copies of the script, but things seem to work. 1.2 rolled and released.

(and while making the release my defense ships accidentally shot the owner of a sector I was helping defend and I've gone from 7 to -3 with Teladi)

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 22:05

Do you have friendly fire turned off?
Still life in the old dog yet...

Hegbork
x4

Post by Hegbork » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 22:25

Vayde wrote:Do you have friendly fire turned off?
Yeah, but it doesn't always help. I've had accidents like this before. Shit happens. Also, the problem is that normally you'll notice the friendly fire and react quickly and do some diplomacy to fix things. In this case, I didn't notice that what started as shooting a few pirates escalated to the script jumping in a pile of carriers and 180 fighters and slaughtered all Teladi in the sector.

One good way to kill relations with a friendly faction in LU is to set up a ring of fire on the south gate in Thuruk's Beard (yes, rings of fire and now this script - I like having the game play itself). Pretty much guaranteed to have the Split gunning for you after a few hours.

Ghost140
x4

Post by Ghost140 » Thu, 1. Feb 18, 22:42

With 2.3.0 now released is this ok to use? Looks interesting.

Hegbork
x4

Post by Hegbork » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 08:14

Ghost140 wrote:With 2.3.0 now released is this ok to use? Looks interesting.
I'll be installing 2.3.0 later today and will verify. But I don't see why not. As far as I could tell Mayhem never changed anything about MLCC, so things should just work.

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Sun, 13. May 18, 17:46

Does this script work with just the standard x3lu without mayham installed?

Thanks.

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 21:57

Any suggested Mandalay weapon setup for MLCC use?

Currently equipped

PPC x8
TBC x2
CIG x14

KTV
x4

Re: [X3LU] Automatic MLCC defense.

Post by KTV » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 11:03

Thanks! Will test tomorrow

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”