[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

seularts
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.14d

Post by seularts » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 13:43

djmidex wrote:
Fri, 10. Sep 21, 08:58
seularts wrote:
Thu, 9. Sep 21, 22:21
https://i.postimg.cc/2jFB2c9T/x3screen00001.jpg

Is this normal for some stations to spawn debris so close to the landing ports? Also, the game says that I should look for a TL to build an outpost in an empty sector. I haven't seen any flying in the game so far.
did you check your "property list"? You should get your TL for free as missions starts
Ah I see, I had to finish my ascension to reach that part!

seularts
xr

Post by seularts » Sat, 11. Sep 21, 07:52

I found a bug in the mission "Bait". I got the mission from a Split sector, and I went to do it in the other split sector that the mission directed me to. In the process I lost the Miner that I captured, to the Kha, so I decided to retreat my ships (I was not in the sector while doing this mission) and let the Kha get killed by the NPC Split ships. But I did not look in my journal to see if the mission failed and I got distracted with building my economy. After some many hours I noticed that in my journal the mission was still active but I could not remember which sector I did the mission in since the second part of the missions simply says: "Kill the incoming Kha" without specifying the destination sector. I looked through my message log and eventually found the original mission, but now the Split sectors where I got the mission and the other one where I had to kill the kha were both taken over by the Paranid. So, now I am stuck with the mission as both the original station I took the mission, and the kha ship from the mission destination sector are not present there anymore. I am not sure what made the mission hang up on its objectives or what happened to the kha ships.

My suggestion is that you give the player the ability to cancel the missions also from the console rather than only going back to the original station. And the second part of the mission should also include the name of the sector where the kha have to be killed to avoid any confusion.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by seularts on Tue, 14. Sep 21, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

BigBadBill_87
x4

Post by BigBadBill_87 » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 18:57

I'm pondering a quick sector grab against the xeno-scum Boron next to me, but i can't figure out how to peace out once I'm done attacking. What are the options please? Seems you need to get rep up - but how?

seularts
xr

Post by seularts » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 12:29

I just noticed another problem with the Bait mission. The Kha ships are chasing me and I simply dock at a station to avoid their attacks when I am low oh HP. The problem is that they just freeze on their spot when I do that and they stop fighting back and my wing ship just picks them one by one without taking any damage. I think the scripting is a bit messed up for this mission. It is the only mission that gives me problems so far.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 16:06

BigBadBill_87 wrote:
Mon, 13. Sep 21, 18:57
I'm pondering a quick sector grab against the xeno-scum Boron next to me, but i can't figure out how to peace out once I'm done attacking. What are the options please? Seems you need to get rep up - but how?
You get a question with the option to reset your rep back to neutral after the Borons conquer 1 of your sectors. Doesn't matter how much they already hate you or how many sectors they already lost to you. So you can present them a single cheap factory to destroy and get the sector. Then you can be friends again.

The only other common way is to destroy a large fleet of their current enemies in their sectors. This must be Xenon if you don't want to anger any other faction.

seularts
xr

Post by seularts » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 16:49

Found a Recycle bug. When I go from Maintenance and select rebuild after recycle with on click from outpost options, and I select the first Miner I built from 4, 2 things happen:

1. Since this is the first Ship I built I set up the Template after it, but when the auto-recycle command happens this ship does not receive the Lodout from the Template unless it was built using the said Template. All the other Ships that were built from the Template will equip the drills and shields automatically.
2. The job of the Miner is not assigned back to it and it just stays parked in the outpost. This happens to any type of worker as well.

I do not have auto-replace for workers set on either!

Maybe I do not understand the correct description from the Maintenance window, but it says: A ship with the same template and job, if any, will be rebuild after recycle.

What does this part: "with the same" mean? Do they have to have the same naming of the job in the template? It's a bit ambiguous.

seularts
xr

Post by seularts » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 10:47

Ok, I seem to have figured out what needed to be done for the Auto-Recycle to work. You have to set from the Outpost in Administration that your Miners are auto replaced and auto assigned, and that way they go on about their business. But this does not solve my other point where the first ship that the template was originally created from does not recycle back with the template.

A new small issue I found is for Couriers. There is no option to set up a task to get the Jumpdrive Cores. It does not exist in the Common list.

Also, the Encyclopedia could use an update on how to create the Jumpdrive Cores as they require now the Mobile Factory to be created.

seularts
xr

Post by seularts » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 17:45

I really hope the Architect of this Mod is reading the comments here.

I found a new issue: My M8 (Claymore) do not fire their rockets at the Kha Queen ship. I have no issue nuking other ships such as Pirate M6 when they are in Fleet formation. Yes, the Missile Fire Probability is set to 100%, so I don't know what is wrong with them.

I also have 2 suggestions:

1. The Reinforcement option in the Fleet manager should have a quality option. Some of my fleets last longer than others depending on their tasks, so I would like to set them to Impeccable to have a lower maintenance cost over a longer period of time.

2. I believe that Jump Beacons should have its own factory as producing it on a ship could be problematic if you accidentally move it and forget you have stuff in production. Maybe remove the Satellite factory only for the player since Satellites are easy to buy from NPC factories and be produced on your TL with energy cells in abundance. Maybe even sell them in the barter menu as well to make it easily obtainable. Plus, satellites are destroyed at a lower rate than jump beacons, making them rather easy to stock pile early in the game and just replace them when needed, while Beacons are more expensive and time consuming to produce and replace.

Edit: I did a test without fleet formation and just commanded all the M8 in the sector to attack and they shot their missiles once and then they started running away. I believe a piece of the code for the fleet command still impacts them somehow as they still have the old names that were assigned by fleet, so I am not sure. But yeah, it's very fiddly and 10 M8s are no where near enough to even put a dent in the Queen Ship, even with the EMP weapon triggered in the sector. Also, the EMP should knock down shields for a longer time, because they start regenerating almost right after they were knocked off. Maybe a 30-60 seconds duration would be more adequate.
Last edited by seularts on Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:13

seularts wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 17:45

I found a new issue: My M8 (Claymore) do not fire their rockets at the Kha Queen ship. I have no issue nuking other ships such as Pirate M6 when they are in Fleet formation. Yes, the Missile Fire Probability is set to 100%, so I don't know what is wrong with them.
It's the M8's missle turrets. 100% missle fire probability only affects the ship itself firing 1 missle in 8 second intervals or so. At its current targets. The missle turrets are independent and can select their own targets. You need to give them an appropriate command. What i usually do is going into gameplay options and tweak turret settings. For example removing the target selection priorities no. 1 and 2 from the command 'attack capitals'. This can prevent M7M from ever firing missles against any smaller ship classes. Here you can also create 3 entirely new custom turret settings if you like.

For me satellites are always destroyed at a higher rate than jump beacons. During a playthrough i loose maybe 5 beacons, but probably 300 satellites.

seularts
xr

Post by seularts » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:23

Hector0x wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:13
seularts wrote:

It's the M8's missle turrets. 100% missle fire probability only affects the ship itself firing 1 missle in 8 second intervals or so. At its current targets. The missle turrets are independent and can select their own targets. You need to give them an appropriate command. What i usually do is going into gameplay options and tweak turret settings. For example removing the target selection priorities no. 1 and 2 from the command 'attack capitals'. This can prevent M7M from ever firing missles against any smaller ship classes. Here you can also create 3 entirely new custom turret settings if you like.

For me satellites are always destroyed at a higher rate than jump beacons. During a playthrough i loose maybe 5 beacons, but probably 300 satellites.
Damn, yeah... you are probably right with Beacons and Satellites being more situational, still having its own factory would not hurt and keeping the options available for the TL as well as backup. I did do an update to my previous comment. There is only the Queen Ship in that sector so the turrets do not target anything else. I will play with the turrets commands, but yeah it's kind of strange what is happening with the M8s. Still, my strategy is a flop as they do not fire their rockets from the maximum distance and they keep going into turret range. Maybe I should remove the laser turrets all together...

seularts
xr

Post by seularts » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:31

Hector0x wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:13
seularts wrote:

Ok, so the good news is this: I removed their lasers and set their turrets on attack all enemy instead of missile defense and it worked, they spammed all their missiles (although I probably need lots of missiles to even scare that Queen ship). The bad news is that they don't know how to keep their distance from the queen ship to be out of the lasers reach, but I suppose this is the default game behavior. Thanks for the tips!

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:36

seularts wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:23
Still, my strategy is a flop as they do not fire their rockets from the maximum distance and they keep going into turret range. Maybe I should remove the laser turrets all together...
that actually works quite well. If you install a rear laser they try to hug the enemy and get close to fire. If unarmed they stay away. I also use this to make my TS always flee from enemies. Just don't give them weapons.

But missles are still tricky and problematic. Ships don't check their maximum range. That makes especially Fox 2 missles often very bad. I almost never use them. Also don't like M8 much because they die so easily.
What i do is getting some missle defense on all ships. Thats actually more important than having your own missles. Missles are not deadly like in LU. They are effectively just some additional damage. Its a bad idea to not have missle defense because then most enemy missles will hit. Even only having CCDS Mk1 on all M6 and bigger helps greatly. It's like having 20% armor or so because almost all enemies will use missles against you.

Enemies often got good chaff missle defense, so you won't deal lots of damage. I still like missles, but i only use them sparingly. Its just not economical. They do wonders if you keep 1-3 missles on all your ships and save them up for important battles. Set missle fire % to 0 so they never get wasted. Then you can ramp the enitre fleet's missle fire % up to 80% or higher. This gives a good damage boost for this battle. I'd guess you deal maybe ~20% more damage than usual. So it's really only worth it in a pinch.

M7M are a different story though. They allow you to deal damage from afar, before receiving any yourself.

seularts
xr

Post by seularts » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:56

Hector0x wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:36
seularts wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:23
Still, my strategy is a flop as they do not fire their rockets from the maximum distance and they keep going into turret range. Maybe I should remove the laser turrets all together...
that actually works quite well. If you install a rear laser they try to hug the enemy and get close to fire. If unarmed they stay away. I also use this to make my TS always flee from enemies. Just don't give them weapons.

But missles are still tricky and problematic. Ships don't check their maximum range. That makes especially Fox 2 missles often very bad. I almost never use them. Also don't like M8 much because they die so easily.
What i do is getting some missle defense on all ships. Thats actually more important than having your own missles. Missles are not deadly like in LU. They are effectively just some additional damage. Its a bad idea to not have missle defense because then most enemy missles will hit. Even only having CCDS Mk1 on all M6 and bigger helps greatly. It's like having 20% armor or so because almost all enemies will use missles against you.

Enemies often got good chaff missle defense, so you won't deal lots of damage. I still like missles, but i only use them sparingly. Its just not economical. They do wonders if you keep 1-3 missles on all your ships and save them up for important battles. Set missle fire % to 0 so they never get wasted. Then you can ramp the enitre fleet's missle fire % up to 80% or higher. This gives a good damage boost for this battle. I'd guess you deal maybe ~20% more damage than usual. So it's really only worth it in a pinch.

M7M are a different story though. They allow you to deal damage from afar, before receiving any yourself.
Hehe, I am still far from M7Ms production for now.

Ok, I take it back about what the M8s can do to a Queen Ship... when used right. I just obliterated one and only had one loss out of 10 ships, all carrying 20 Specter missiles each. The Tricks is this: set attack radar radius to 0, set attack what leader attacks to No, use a nice EMP and then let the leader take all the heat from the Queen's lasers (also, make sure you are in the system so that everything works right, otherwise the odds are against you if you let the AI make the auto-calculation off screen). He will also be shielded by some of the missiles as the Queen tries to destroy those first and also tries to go after the TL if it is close by. After 20+ different tactical combination I nailed it :P

seularts
xr

Post by seularts » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:18

Of course, you are right about using missiles in standard situations. I just wanted to farm some Favor Points by killing only lone Queen Ships with a fast and deadly surgical strike team, and I am not even mid game yet. So economically this is more of a cheaper tradeoff than buying points directly with credits.

BigBadBill_87
x4

Post by BigBadBill_87 » Sat, 2. Oct 21, 20:44

Ok - how damn strong are the zenon capital ships!?

I have launched an EMP in a sector wiping the shields out, and jumped in with 3 Argon atlas and a collosus with a near full compliment of Argon Nova.

They have two cap ships - with no shields.

I lose this engagement. 4 cap ships to 2 and a bunch of novas to boot!

How tf are they so tough, it's insane??? Moan aside what weapons work against Zenon ships? Should i put cap ships in a certain formation to do best damage? It seems i may as well give up now :(

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 3. Oct 21, 08:28

BigBadBill_87 wrote:
Sat, 2. Oct 21, 20:44
these xenon probably had the point singularity projector :D

you basically have to micro your positioning to try and pick these Z or I off one by one with your entire force at once. They are super strong and there is little room for error. You just can't send a fleet to attack them and must always carfully manage these battles by splitting your fleets to trick collision detection, wait and gather them first, make sure to attack just one side of the xenon turrets and such.

All this only makes it a slog because Mayhem 3 ramps up xenon strength over time. And it goes completely overboard in the final OCV waves :P You basically need to grind for days before you can stand any chance. The NPCs can't help at all. It's only you who is slowly constructing standart ships one by one with resource investment vs. the Xenon who are quickly spawning waves of powerful ships for free. If you don't construct massive fleets ahead they simply overrun the galaxy.

The truth is that most playthroughs never reach the OCV. I mean who really terraforms 10 planets? You get maybe 4 planet boni which are really good, so you get these. The rest is useless and you got no reason to advance further because you know that the OCV taking over all these NPC sectors would make it a huge grind. You need to conquer the entire galaxy first so that you can extinguish any OCV wave in its infancy. So you want to do that first, but it gets boring and then you start a new run.

For slightly more reasonable Xenon you can try M3R.

And soon there should also be a Star Wars M3 where i tried to fix all these pacing issues. It has been made especially for Mayhem newcomers. The Xenon there are MUCH weaker and don't scale up over time. The OCV stage gets triggered earlier, but is also weaker and the factions should survive.

BigBadBill_87
x4

Post by BigBadBill_87 » Sun, 3. Oct 21, 14:18

Hector0x wrote:
Sun, 3. Oct 21, 08:28
BigBadBill_87 wrote:
Sat, 2. Oct 21, 20:44
these xenon probably had the point singularity projector :D

you basically have to micro your positioning to try and pick these Z or I off one by one with your entire force at once. They are super strong and there is little room for error. You just can't send a fleet to attack them and must always carfully manage these battles by splitting your fleets to trick collision detection, wait and gather them first, make sure to attack just one side of the xenon turrets and such.

All this only makes it a slog because Mayhem 3 ramps up xenon strength over time. And it goes completely overboard in the final OCV waves :P You basically need to grind for days before you can stand any chance. The NPCs can't help at all. It's only you who is slowly constructing standart ships one by one with resource investment vs. the Xenon who are quickly spawning waves of powerful ships for free. If you don't construct massive fleets ahead they simply overrun the galaxy.

The truth is that most playthroughs never reach the OCV. I mean who really terraforms 10 planets? You get maybe 4 planet boni which are really good, so you get these. The rest is useless and you got no reason to advance further because you know that the OCV taking over all these NPC sectors would make it a huge grind. You need to conquer the entire galaxy first so that you can extinguish any OCV wave in its infancy. So you want to do that first, but it gets boring and then you start a new run.

For slightly more reasonable Xenon you can try M3R.

And soon there should also be a Star Wars M3 where i tried to fix all these pacing issues. It has been made especially for Mayhem newcomers. The Xenon there are MUCH weaker and don't scale up over time. The OCV stage gets triggered earlier, but is also weaker and the factions should survive.
Perhaps i'll try with the X3R mod next. This was my second playthrough, the first being a few versions ago. I had the game on easy the first time and the Xenon did basically nothing. This time I've tried on medium to see if it made a differance and JFC they are insane. Literally insane! I'd love to hear of anyone managing to complete the game on hard :?

Before i give up is there a decent weapon loadout for capships agains them? A certain laser perhaps? I read swarms of M5 /M4 with no shield to try and overrun the guns laser energy a little and perhaps draw some fire away. a Sort of dogetank cloud distraction, but I feel like i'm missing a decent anti cap ship gun for the M2s

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 3. Oct 21, 17:34

the swarming tactic has become pretty nerfed after rates of fire got increased for all large lasers. The best you can do is try to attack just 1 xenon ship from from just 1 side and as concentrated as you can. Get everything as close as possible before engaging and prevent that your fast ships like novas launch too early and fly ahead.

BigBadBill_87
x4

Post by BigBadBill_87 » Mon, 4. Oct 21, 08:32

Hector0x wrote:
Sun, 3. Oct 21, 17:34
the swarming tactic has become pretty nerfed after rates of fire got increased for all large lasers. The best you can do is try to attack just 1 xenon ship from from just 1 side and as concentrated as you can. Get everything as close as possible before engaging and prevent that your fast ships like novas launch too early and fly ahead.
I'll bear that in mind then, thank you. I've started an X3R run now so it'll take some time to get back to huntin' Xenon again, but i'm looking forward to some of the changes you have made. Any chance of adding the Terrans in as an NPC faction or are they still out?

dunderhead327
x3ap

Post by dunderhead327 » Mon, 4. Oct 21, 13:59

I very much doubt we'll ever see a Terran faction in Mayhem 3. It would break the back story, and would also remove the justification for having the player terraform planets for Terracorp.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”