[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

erone01234

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.13d

Post by erone01234 » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 11:10

i didnt get that far (to the terraforming )
and theres a fleet of c + i + z working this way to me and i am not sure how to deal with them i only have 3 m6 :(
i tryd to use few teams of mercenaries to take down one of them but i only got the shield to like 60-70 % befor they killd me :) was sort of sad
so prob not gona make it to the terraforming part of the game
unless i get super lucky and they go south gate

i need few m7 really fast and i cant even build them :doh:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 13:04

erone01234 wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 11:10
and theres a fleet of c + i + z working this way to me and i am not sure how to deal with them i only have 3 m6 :(
i tryd to use few teams of mercenaries to take down one of them but i only got the shield to like 60-70 % befor they killd me :) was sort of sad

What is your play time?

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 14:48

erone01234 wrote:

In cases like these, it's better to give up some territory for a while to regain it back. Capital ships take a lot of assets to be dealt with. M5 Figther swarms backed up by the tankiest long range ships you have are always a good idea. M6s are only good against smaller ships, however the Boron Heavy Hydra is also ideal to hunt frigates due to the front profile.

erone01234

Post by erone01234 » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 17:58

Joubarbe wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 13:04
erone01234 wrote:

What is your play time?
https://ibb.co/hHwKhmR

is it bad?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 18:47

Nope. Everything's fine until you get annihilated :)

erone01234

Post by erone01234 » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 18:55

In cases like these, it's better to give up some territory for a while to regain it back. Capital ships take a lot of assets to be dealt with. M5 Figther swarms backed up by the tankiest long range ships you have are always a good idea. M6s are only good against smaller ships, however the Boron Heavy Hydra is also ideal to hunt frigates due to the front profile.
so should i get like alot of small ships like m3 or try to build up my m6 numbers
feels like am doing some thing very wrong here :(

Nope. Everything's fine until you get annihilated :)
hi come on i have 12 sectors and i kill 2 pirate stations
am doing great....
i think :gruebel:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 19:57

You're not doing anything wrong, you're playing the mod :)
Mayhem is unpredictable, but it's quite hard to really lose everything. I think it's impossible at your stage.

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 22:52

erone01234 wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 18:55
so should i get like alot of small ships like m3 or try to build up my m6 numbers
feels like am doing some thing very wrong here :(
M3s are expensive, M6s are only for crowd control against fighters. M6s are big and can not deal much damage against capitals due to short range and barely being able to dodge anything (except for the glorious Heavy Hydra).

If you are dealing with Xenon and OCV capital ships, a combination of M5s and M2s is the way to win, for the following reasons:

M5s are incredibly cheap. Particle Accelerator Cannons are incredibly cheap, too. Give one of your Outposts the "Dry Dock" perk and whenever you have the materials, just build M5s. Non-stop. 200 M5s on their own can destroy the most dangerous OCV capital ship, but they will have huge losses. However, since 200 M5s are still very cheap, that is acceptable. You don't need to give them shields, just PACs. They will die to any weapon instantly, so no need to waste resources on shields. They are very fast, though, and thus likely to dodge shots. Capital ships will use all turrets of one side to target the same ship, meaning a Capital ship with six turrets per side will waste six turret shots on an M5. Easy math: If a capital ship hits an M5 with 6 shots and destroys it, it's less of a loss for you than an M3 getting hit by 6 shots and destroyed. As such: M5s. They are smaller and faster, so the chances of evasion are higher than for M3s (although thin M3s are good, like the Falcon, the Perseus and the Split ones).

M2s are super expensive, but if you pair them with swarms of M5s, they work wonders. Use them only in long-range combat, meaning 8-10km distance with the respective guns. The Ocelote is an excellent offensive M2. Rather cheap, has 72 turrets and is manouverable enough to get in and out combat quickly. It's the first M2 Dreadnought you want to get yourself and it is a reliable player ship to command in battle. Later, when you have the economy, you can build the mighty Argon Excalibur, which is an extremely tanky M2 dreadnought and excellent for backing your M5s up.

When it comes to OCV and Xenon raiders, you want to build whatever gives you the cheapest-most-DPS. M5s are the damage dealers and dodgers, but if your economy can allow it, you can go for M3s. They are expensive but deal more damage in short time. They are less likely to dodge but more likely to survive one turret volley except for OCV turrets.

Again, M6s are mostly good in the early game, when you need to fight pirate M3s and other M6s. They don't stand a chance against M2s, though and can barely hold up against M7s, so don't use them against bigger ships.

erone01234

Post by erone01234 » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 23:28

il giv the m5s a shot thx for the tips

i have good news i killd that fleet of i z c

had to run around all over and pick up 20 teams of mercenaries got up to around 80 ships and that did it
cost all the money i have but one problem at a time :)

all so got the terraforming option now just for fun i try to use it on one sector with 0% and 4 plates
only 106 ships popt out and started to kill ever thing
:@

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 08:44

Keep in mind that having a lot of sectors will increase the difficulty, as many things in Mayhem scales with you. I'm thinking of scaling the OCV portals to the total ship strength of the player, but I'm not sure. Scaling everything to the player is generally something I don't like.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 10:00

Joubarbe wrote:
Fri, 2. Apr 21, 08:44
I'm thinking of scaling the OCV portals to the total ship strength of the player, but I'm not sure. Scaling everything to the player is generally something I don't like.
Since they only appear after the player makes a decision i don't think that would be necessary.

But sounds great for general scaling of pirates and Xenon. You could actually use a 50/50 approach (ship strength + sector count). That would alleviate some of the problems greedy players experience if they claim many sectors early. Instead of ship strength you could also go for total asset value. If the player is only hording resources but doesn't build military he should eventually get punished. Because his empire would be able to handle it, but it can't because he set wrong priorities.

erone01234

Post by erone01234 » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 20:27

i have an fps problem when using seta it drops to 1-3 fps
not sure when it started but
it may have started when i got to the terraforming part of the game

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

save and galaxy files

bradturner43
xr

Post by bradturner43 » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 20:40

Had something go wrong today that seems like a bug (or two).

1. Had one of my Trader workers hauling 16 units of Space Fuel even though it was blacklisted on the Trader list for their Outpost.
2? That Trader was then scanned by Split Police in one of the sectors I owned, two jumps away from the nearest Split sector. Seems odd that they can police my sectors and fine me?

I don't have a particularly useful savegame as I didn't notice until it caused a problem (big negative standing hit with Split) and reloaded my most recent save to fix it. Here's what I have anyway.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 00:22

bradturner43 wrote:
Mon, 5. Apr 21, 20:40
Had something go wrong today that seems like a bug (or two).

1. Had one of my Trader workers hauling 16 units of Space Fuel even though it was blacklisted on the Trader list for their Outpost.
2? That Trader was then scanned by Split Police in one of the sectors I owned, two jumps away from the nearest Split sector. Seems odd that they can police my sectors and fine me?

I don't have a particularly useful savegame as I didn't notice until it caused a problem (big negative standing hit with Split) and reloaded my most recent save to fix it. Here's what I have anyway.
For any bug report, please upload a savegame and tell me what to do to reproduce the bug. If I can't reproduce it, I won't be able to solve it.
Your galaxy folder is also necessary, in X3\mayhem_galaxies.
Make sure your Google Drive links are public, if you use this service.

ollobrains
x2

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.14

Post by ollobrains » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 14:00

so any plans to take advantage of the farhnems legend DLC that is coming ? or will it mostly be a non event for mayhem

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 20:40

erone01234 wrote:
Sun, 4. Apr 21, 20:27
i have an fps problem when using seta it drops to 1-3 fps
not sure when it started but
it may have started when i got to the terraforming part of the game

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

save and galaxy files
Thanks for that report by the way. I've managed to seriously improve performance because of it.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 03:36

I am downloading all things required for Mayhem, and was confused as to which Graphics package to install. There is one called "Mayhem Graphics v2" that was added Feb 19th 2021, which say it is for Mayhem 3.9 and later. Then there is another one called "Mayhem 3 Graphics" which was added on Feb 25th 2021, which says it is for Mayhem 3.8 and earlier. I am unsure as to which to install, since it appears to me that the very latest Mayhem is 3.14, which seem to me like it would be an earlier version than 3.9, but perhaps 3.9 is an earlier version than 3.14?

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 04:39

3.14 is the latest version, as such the Graphics v2 is the one you need. It means this is the 14th version of Mayhem 3.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”