[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Betelgeuse97
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.14d

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 05:58

4square425 wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 04:59
You can't directly take control of ships with hacking, but you can force them to abandon ship so you can claim it.
Yeah in that case I'll just replay, as it seems like a lot has changed with hacking and terraforming perks fixed (also can't cheese Xenon anymore by leaving them with 1 sector).

donnieant
x4

Post by donnieant » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 07:50

tell me why in Mayhem 3.14d I accept a mission, but it is not displayed in the mission list?

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 08:00

Windows Defender detected (and removed) an adware application called "Contebrew.A!ml" inside Mayhem_3.14d.zip when downloading the .zip from moddb. Specifically it's something with the Mayhem Galaxy Generator, as I've tried downloading the .zip twice and that file is the only one flagged by my antivirus. Unfortunately I'm also not able to open up "Mayhem Galaxy Generator.exe" afterwards.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 11:17

Remove the antivirus or add the file to exceptions.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/6fc ... /detection

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 15:55

The virus automatically uninstalls X4.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 19:07

Thank you for your work!
Some typos :
"...reports confirming the lost of Xenon station signals..." should be "loss"
"...we are not sure if the Xenons are not hiding in deep space." The second "not" should be removed as double negatives can't not be unconfusing in English.

A bug - not sure if it was fixed in the last updates as all the races got mad at me so I haven't taken any quests for awhile: I was frequently getting offered the same mission twice when docking at a station. The problem isn't in the quests, just that they're being triggered twice. If both were accepted, the second mission was entered as an 'update' to the first mission and things get glitchy.
For 'fetch artifact', two artifacts appeared and I think either one could be retrieved to complete, but the remaining artifact was forever floating around the game. For 'claim miner', two miners appear and I think the mission could not be completed. It hangs in the "destroy all Khak stage", can not be canceled, and remains in the Personal Journal forever. Etc.

Again, thank you for your work (in creating a virus to uninstall X4, that is :mrgreen: )

Edit: Another issue; maybe it's intentional? I think it happens when there are no active trading partners in a Corporate Station's range. The station's freighters park at home and clog the station's docking port making it impossible for the player to trade with them.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 11:43

I'm noticing that looters aren't picking up waste. Is this intended?

EDIT: Two strange bugs.
1. Unknown object occasionally appearing when starting a "police" mission. (Unfortunately I've aborted it.)

2. TBC seems to have OP DPS.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 18:53

Is waste on the blacklist in your personal console? I think it's added there by default, probably because it tends to fill up your looter's cargo bay and is very low value.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Couple questions

Post by Hairless-Ape » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 05:40

I'm having 2 issues I need help with.

1. I'm flying around in a carrier, with fighters docked that are in the carrier's fleet, as well as being homebased at that carrier. If I order my ship to, for example, attack some ship, fighters undock and attack etc.. all good. However, I still have been unable to find any command to tell my fighters (all of them) to dock back up. Once they finish killing something, they sit there in space and respond as support ships, but if I want to get out of the system and tell them to dock up NOW, there's no way to do it.

2. I keep getting an in-game notification that reads like this : "From Terracorp Harmony department. legal notification.. It has been reported that one of your ships has taken part in the destruction of an asset legally protected by treaty.. bla bla.. " then they fine me 1 MILLION credits..

Does this mean I have to actually declare war with another faction before I can attack their stations?
Or is there some sort of Claim system I have to use before attacking a system like the NPC's appear to be doing? I don't see any claim system type of screen..
It would be nice if at least the penalty message said what I'm doing wrong, or give a clue how to fix it. legal notice?

Thanks.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Re: Couple questions

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 07:44

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 05:40

1. I'm flying around in a carrier, with fighters docked that are in the carrier's fleet, as well as being homebased at that carrier. If I order my ship to, for example, attack some ship, fighters undock and attack etc.. all good. However, I still have been unable to find any command to tell my fighters (all of them) to dock back up. Once they finish killing something, they sit there in space and respond as support ships, but if I want to get out of the system and tell them to dock up NOW, there's no way to do it.

2. I keep getting an in-game notification that reads like this : "From Terracorp Harmony department. legal notification.. It has been reported that one of your ships has taken part in the destruction of an asset legally protected by treaty.. bla bla.. " then they fine me 1 MILLION credits..

Does this mean I have to actually declare war with another faction before I can attack their stations?
Or is there some sort of Claim system I have to use before attacking a system like the NPC's appear to be doing? I don't see any claim system type of screen..
It would be nice if at least the penalty message said what I'm doing wrong, or give a clue how to fix it. legal notice?

Thanks.
1. Support ships will automatically dock back at the carrier when the carrier does not have any more targets.

2. Looks like your ships destroyed a station in a protectorate. When a sector is conquered (not to be confused with claim, as conquer and claim refer to two different actions), it is a protectorate for 6 hours; killing any station in that sector will result in a penalty of 1 million credits. Killing ships in a protectorate is fine.

You do NOT have to officially declare permanent war to destroy their stations; however, doing so will give you 1 perk slot. You can attack their stations any time you want, but make sure you can recover the reputation if you intend to be at war with them temporarily. The claim system is simplified such that you claim a sector when you destroy a station in a regular sector (i.e. it is not claimed by another faction or not a protectorate). NPCs, on the other hand, start the claim before razing the sector.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 13:03

It looks like I've found either a bug in that the coalition check occurred against ME (when coalitions I last read were for AI vs AI only) or I've encountered a rare feature. Is this supposed to happen?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 14:03

where did you read that coalitions are AI vs. AI only?

Hairless-Ape
xr

Re: Couple questions

Post by Hairless-Ape » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 16:17

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 07:44
Hairless-Ape wrote:
Thanks.
1. Support ships will automatically dock back at the carrier when the carrier does not have any more targets.

Betelgeuse97, This 'may' be true if you are not actually piloting the ship.. I don't know. However, they are absolutely NOT automatically docking back at my carrier when I'm in it.
I bring up my command console, tell my ship to "attack" some enemy, and when they are done with that 1 command, they sit there indefinitely and I am forced to order them one by one to return home.
There used to be "carrier" commands but they are gone in mayhem. Anyway, seems like a bug or an oversight.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 19:10

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 14:03
where did you read that coalitions are AI vs. AI only?
It was under your suggestion before it was implemented.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 19:26

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 19:10
Oh :D
Afaik Joubarbe implemented an additional timed coalition check. This might get problematic if your empire is big, because it can put you hostile against a faction which you never attacked even once.

But for the standart coalition check which comes after conquering a sector it seems fair that the player can also be targeted. Because you'd need to conquer sectors from both factions to even get any risk. If you focus on just 1 faction you're safe.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 21:05

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 19:26
Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 19:10
Oh :D
Afaik Joubarbe implemented an additional timed coalition check. This might get problematic if your empire is big, because it can put you hostile against a faction which you never attacked even once.

But for the standart coalition check which comes after conquering a sector it seems fair that the player can also be targeted. Because you'd need to conquer sectors from both factions to even get any risk. If you focus on just 1 faction you're safe.
That's what I thought, but I have NEVER attacked the Split (I was even at +6 rank with them!), yet the Paranid decided to pair with the Split for a coalition against me. My strategy is to focus on one empire at a time to minimize the number of enemies I have to face at once.
Hairless-Ape wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 16:17
Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 07:44
Hairless-Ape wrote:
Thanks.

Betelgeuse97, This 'may' be true if you are not actually piloting the ship.. I don't know. However, they are absolutely NOT automatically docking back at my carrier when I'm in it.
I bring up my command console, tell my ship to "attack" some enemy, and when they are done with that 1 command, they sit there indefinitely and I am forced to order them one by one to return home.
There used to be "carrier" commands but they are gone in mayhem. Anyway, seems like a bug or an oversight.
The carrier commands are indeed removed from Mayhem; that part is intended. When you fly a ship, by default it has no commands issued to it. Support ships will follow their carrier's commands, but since you're flying the carrier, you have to issue the carrier a fleet command and have it fly using autopilot. For example, normally if the carrier has an attack command running, its support ships will attack the same target.

Notable when using carriers and/or large fleets: I don't suggest using attack commands as a fleet (i.e. telling fleet leader to do "fleet: attack all enemies" and leaving followers to follow fleet leader) as fleets tend to focus on one target at a time. That is not optimal for large fleets against fighter swarms. In that case, I would use the fleet commands only to group my fleet and then broadcast to all fleet ships to "attack all enemies" so that multiple enemies are killed at once. This allows your fighters to continue attacking rather than doing nothing after a fight, wandering around, or returning to their carrier (when doing so would be suboptimal).

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 22:34

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 21:05
Notable when using carriers and/or large fleets: I don't suggest using attack commands as a fleet (i.e. telling fleet leader to do "fleet: attack all enemies" and leaving followers to follow fleet leader) as fleets tend to focus on one target at a time. That is not optimal for large fleets against fighter swarms. In that case, I would use the fleet commands only to group my fleet and then broadcast to all fleet ships to "attack all enemies" so that multiple enemies are killed at once. This allows your fighters to continue attacking rather than doing nothing after a fight, wandering around, or returning to their carrier (when doing so would be suboptimal).
In either case, getting the fighters to attack something isn't the problem. The problem is getting them ALL to dock back up. If you issue an "attack all enemies" type of command, they have a persistent order and I expect them to stay in space. However, if you issue a command to attack 1 particular ship, when they are done, as support ships they should dock back up and they are not.

I believe I've come to the conclusion that given the fighters are home-based at the carrier AND they are also in a fleet with the carrier being the fleet commander, that this is somehow interfering with them docking back up.
Once I disbanded the fleet, I believe they are now properly docking back up automatically.

The problem is, that I LIKE the Automatic Reinforcement capability when using a Fleet, which is why I had them fleeted up.
Easiest thing would be to have some command, (perhaps in the Fleet screen) to force the fighters to dock back up.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 00:59

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 22:34
I believe I've come to the conclusion that given the fighters are home-based at the carrier AND they are also in a fleet with the carrier being the fleet commander, that this is somehow interfering with them docking back up.
Once I disbanded the fleet, I believe they are now properly docking back up automatically.
I completely forgot about that! I habitually didn't allow my carriers to be leaders for one reason, and you got me to remember why!

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 08:58

Support ships once had the problem of docking mid-battle when switching their targets, which made the very vulnerable. This got changed and they stay in space longer to prevent this. But i'm not 100% sure how this works now.

As a rule of thumb avoid carriers as fleet leaders. Support fighters undock and attack what their carrier attacks (or gets attacked from). Carriers work better as fleet followers. This gives you the scanning range to define what and when your carrier and his fighters attack.

Example:
If your fleet is currently 100km away and you tell your fleet to attack.

1) carrier fleet leader will launch his fighters immediately. Scanning range setting will get ignored. Fighters will rush to the enemy, kill him and if there are other enemies in the sector they attack them afterwards. You got no control over your fighters.

2) carrier follower will still follow the leader on his attack run and only switch to attack when the enemy is inside the customizable scanning range. That's when he launches fighters, for example 10km away. Once the enemy nearby is dead the fighters are docking back on their carrier, even if another enemy is in the same sector but 50km away from the fleet leader.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 10:31

Hector0x wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 08:58
Support ships once had the problem of docking mid-battle when switching their targets, which made the very vulnerable. This got changed and they stay in space longer to prevent this. But i'm not 100% sure how this works now.

As a rule of thumb avoid carriers as fleet leaders. Support fighters undock and attack what their carrier attacks (or gets attacked from). Carriers work better as fleet followers. This gives you the scanning range to define what and when your carrier and his fighters attack.

Example:
If your fleet is currently 100km away and you tell your fleet to attack.

1) carrier fleet leader will launch his fighters immediately. Scanning range setting will get ignored. Fighters will rush to the enemy, kill him and if there are other enemies in the sector they attack them afterwards. You got no control over your fighters.

2) carrier follower will still follow the leader on his attack run and only switch to attack when the enemy is inside the customizable scanning range. That's when he launches fighters, for example 10km away. Once the enemy nearby is dead the fighters are docking back on their carrier, even if another enemy is in the same sector but 50km away from the fleet leader.
This is why I don't like using the M2+ ships that have a hangar (e.g. forseti, cyclops, excalibur). I'd rather use something like a Tyr (which is well armed for an M2, comparable to some M2+) and have 3 carriers following it than to have 1 M2+ as leader and 3 carriers following it even though the former setup is weaker.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”