Missile hull strength and Globals.pck

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Treelor
x4

Missile hull strength and Globals.pck

Post by Treelor » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 21:06

I'm not a big fan of making threads for small questions, but my google-fu must be weak and I don't see a recent thread here on the subject.

I need to change the hull strength of missiles. I know the value is supposedly in globals.pck. I know it starts something like SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE but those values are apparently missing from my globals.pck and I'd like to redefine them. Could anybody tell me what those values are, or where to look if I'm in the wrong place?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 21:32

It's been a while, but iirc the default values for missile hull points are not listed in the globals.txt file. They can be changed by adding the missile subtype and hull point value to the globals.txt file (in addon\types) though. That should look as follow:

Code: Select all

MAXHULL_TORPEDO;4000; // M7M Torpedos

Other keywords and default values are:

Code: Select all

MAXHULL_MISSILE = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE, 5); 
MAXHULL_MISSILE_AF = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_AF, MAXHULL_MISSILE); 
MAXHULL_MISSILE_KHAAK = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_KHAAK, 200); 
MAXHULL_MISSILE_DMBF = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_DMBF, MAXHULL_MISSILE); 
MAXHULL_MISSILE_BOMBER = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_BOMBER, 2700); 
MAXHULL_MISSILE_LIGHT = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_LIGHT, 50); 
MAXHULL_MISSILE_MEDIUM = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_MEDIUM, 90); 
MAXHULL_MISSILE_HEAVY = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_HEAVY, 2000); 
MAXHULL_TORPEDO = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_TORPEDO, 4000);
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: Missile hull strength and Globals.pck

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 7. Jan 21, 19:25

can someone confirm that this actually works? (also in Litcube's Universe?)

I want to make missles very resilient against laser fire, but none of those settings seem to have any effect in my game. Missles can still get killed mid-flight.
is there a max hull value?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 8. Jan 21, 20:32

as long as you are adding them to globals correctly they should work

did you also increase the item count at the top of the file?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 9. Jan 21, 09:27

thanks a lot Cycrow. I thought i did, but i must've made a mistake there. Got it working now.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”