[Index][LU] Scripts and Mods Library for Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

solarahawk
x4

[Index][LU] Scripts and Mods Library for Litcube's Universe

Post by solarahawk » Mon, 18. May 15, 00:33

Litcube's Universe - Community Scripts, Missions, and Mods Library

Latest Update: 2016-03-19

Only packages written for or verified to be fully compatible with LU are listed here. Many scripts may appear to run fine in LU but can cause non-obvious errors due to the changes in ware codes from new or changed game objects in LU as well as vanilla scripts no longer present or significantly rewritten in the game.

Artificial Life

[2016-02-28] Anarkis Defense System - LU Edition by solarahawk (orig: Serial Kicked)
[2016-03-19] Anarkis Defense System - Joubarbian Edition by Joubarbe (orig: Serial Kicked)

Gameplay Tweaks

[2015-06-04] Miscellaneous Tweaks for LU by JSDD
[2015-07-28] Mayhem by Joubarbe
[2015-07-06] Phanon Plus by Wanabe
[2015-07-26] Repair Laser Rate Pack by Joubarbe
[2015-09-14] Revelation Plus by Wanabe
[2014-11-08] Quick Wings by kaistern
[2015-01-16] Small Improvements and Fixes by memeics

Information Gathering
[2015-06-16] Galactic News Service - LU Edition by solarahawk (orig: X-Tended Team)
[2015-05-29] Ship Browser - In Game Ship Comparison Tool by zanzal
[2015-06-11] Satellites Monitoring by Joubarbe

Missions

[2015-03-22] Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition by solarahawk
[2014-11-12] X-Missions Overloaded by Joubarbe
[2014-06-23] X-Missions Reloaded by Joubarbe

Trade and Production Scripts

[2014-09-14] Mk3 Improvement Reloaded Reloaded by Raaaak
[2015-06-14] EasyConnect - Complex Connector by Joubarbe

Other/Miscellaneous

[2015-06-03] Alternate Ringless Gates - Repacked for LU by multiple authors (solarahawk)
[2016-01-11] Explosion screen-shaking for Litcube Universe by nekoexmachina
[2015-06-13] Space Dust Restored by Moonrat
[2015-06-02] Stolen Saturn: SCH Sold in Teladi Space by solarahawk
[2016-03-05] The Joubarbian Toolkit by Joubarbe

User Interface / HUD
[2014-08-25] Cockpit Mod for Litcube's Universe by Shasslar
[2015-05-18] Litcube's Universe Gold UI HUD by TrixX
[2015-06-05] Pure X HUD With Larger Font by Familiar

=============================

Others to consider

[2011-12-21] IEX - Sector Visual Enhancement (LU Patch Available) by Moonrat

IEX provides a different feel to sectors in the universe compared to the LU Vanilla experience. If considering using this mod, you may want to try some test plays with both LUV and IEX to compare and decide for yourself. You MUST start a new game--or perform an Export/Import if you want to keep your empire progress--after installing or removing IEX.

There is one quality issue with IEX to consider: the resolution of the fog effect was upgraded in LU and adjusted by Litcube to his taste for a different feel. IEX uses the original fog effects of vanilla X3 and is of a lower resolution. Moonrat is currently looking into the feasibility of upgrading the fog effects in IEX.
Last edited by solarahawk on Sun, 19. Feb 17, 03:17, edited 51 times in total.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Mon, 18. May 15, 00:35

Reserved

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 18. May 15, 04:22

Thanks, Solar.

OP in LU thread updated.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Mon, 18. May 15, 23:35

Thanks for the "free plug" ! :)
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Tue, 19. May 15, 03:20

Moonrat wrote:Thanks for the "free plug" ! :)
Well, I have certainly enjoyed your mod and its predecessors over the years, and even though I now prefer the LU vanilla sectors, it is fantastic that your addon is available as a choice. :thumb_up:

P.S. The LU Wiki has been updated with links to this thread.

Deveyus
x3ap

Post by Deveyus » Mon, 25. May 15, 21:53

I know we're not supposed to go near the LU install with the plugin manager, so when a mod asks us to install via plugin manager (Ship Browser, one of the best utility mods EVER) what should our approach be?

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Mon, 25. May 15, 23:30

Install it manually, like any other package. Its file contents go into the addon/ directory.

However, you just reminded me that I need to remove the Ship Browser from the list (or at least flag it with a caveat.) Although it won't break anything in LU, it actually doesn't fully function in LU, it won't display all the ship records it is supposed to. It uses a vanilla script not present in LU (replaced by a new MSCI script command.) I suppose when I get a chance I should update the package and forward it to the author.

For now, just recognize that it won't fully work for you.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 22:56

... i've done some little text improvements for my X3LU, if someone is interested: *download*

version: 1

changed X3LU files:
addon\director\0.22 Build Stations

changed vanilla files:
addon\director\2.136 Notoriety Hack

used text file:
7999-L044.xml

it includes:
--> mission rewards are formatted & yellow colored in the player logbook (e.g. 25.965.243 Credits instead of: 25965243 Credits)
--> in build missions briefings i've added the sector where to build the station (e.g.: Build: Argon Cahoona Factory in sector Omicron Lyrae)

--> a kind of "fix" for hacking mission offers:
(especially for X3LU 'caues there are enemy stations on which the player is allowed to dock!!!)
----> no payment anymore for hacking stations at which the player is already allowed to dock (e.g. enemy pirate bases)
----> you can see in the offer dialog which stations are meant: the station's location is displayed and its ID code
----> only known enemy stations can be hacked, that means you have to discover them first

... if someone has any suggestions to improve anything else, let me know ;)
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 23:20

Cool. If you continue to make tweaks or additions to this, you may want to create your own dev thread for it. For now, I will point the Library link to your post.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 03:06

solarahawk wrote:Cool. If you continue to make tweaks or additions to this, you may want to create your own dev thread for it. For now, I will point the Library link to your post.
... these are just little improvements, not really necessary to open a new thread 4 that ^^ ... here's another one:

background music changer (version 1)
*download*

what is it?
just a little md script which continuously changes the background music of the last sector you've visited

how to install?
extract the folder "addon" into your X3 game directory
=> when starting your game you'll get the message like "... bgmusic installed"

how to uninstall?
rename your current ship (not the player name) into "bgmusic.remove"
=> your ship will be automatically renamed back to the ship's type name
=> after your've changed the sector once more you'll get a message like "... bgmusic removed" ... that's it, delete the script, continue playing ... all vanilla background musics will be restored

used text file or other resources:
none

does it function in other mods?
yes. this script simply creates a list of music ids of every sector in the universe, every time you change your sector it will select a random sector music and set it as the background music of the previously visited sector
Last edited by JSDD on Tue, 2. Jun 15, 03:13, edited 1 time in total.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 03:12

JSDD, I started my thread (and even named it "small improvements and fixes", shows how creative I am!) with a few very small/simple fixes. Once you got 3 or more you should definitely open your thread, IMO, even if you almost never update them. I don't think an index thread of existing LU changes is the best place for it. But up to you.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 03:29

Yeah, my preference would be to keep this thread clear of actual download posts. Generally, as soon as I see new plugins & mods announced in the forum, I'll add them to the main directory listing. However, if those announcements are missed, it makes sense to create a post here to bring it to my attention.

Also, place all your tweaks in one post so one reference link takes the user to all your current downloads. Just edit your main post to update and add text and download links

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 18:06

Updated mod index. Placed IEX into its own category, "Available With Limitations." While compatible, potential consumers should probably be aware of the limitations of this venerable mod so they can make an informed decision on whether it is appropriate for their game.

Edit: Corrected "Issues" to "Limitations". My bad.
Last edited by solarahawk on Tue, 2. Jun 15, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 22:36

solarahawk wrote:Updated mod index. Placed IEX into its own category, "Available With Issues." While compatible, potential consumers should probably be aware of the limitations of this venerable mod so they can make an informed decision on whether it is appropriate for their game.
Although I muchly like the word "venerable" I'm not sure of the phrase ... "Available With Issues." ... What issues? If you tell me what they are I might just haul my venerable rodent @rse from out under the fridge and fix it ... :D

EDIT : I wonder if Litcube will permit me to "suck" the fog stuff permanently into IEX where possible... or I simply ensure that anything I have in IEX / LUVi doesn't over-write the higher res. fog?
[ external image ]

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 23:16

Sorry, that was a mis-wording on my part, I meant to say "...with Limitations". I added the new section as a general category for mods or plugins down the road that might deserve some extra notes.

Your mod is a great addon to the X3 universe, and for a quite long time, I considered it an essential baseline component to my games. It does give a very different feel to the game, given the NASA/ESA images it uses. I recently discovered some newcomers to the LU experience were assuming IEX was an uncontested upgrade to the game sectors, and I felt I needed to make clear the pros and cons with using it.

As far as including some of the upgrades that LU uses, I would have to defer that to Litcube, as I forget the various changes he mentioned making to the sector visuals. The fog stood out, but there were other changes that he also mentioned. I am not sure whether those upgrades are usable in the old vanilla game, or if they require some of the deeper game engine changes that Litcube et al. made.

Depending on those answers, it might be interesting to think about building a new standalone version of IEX for LU. Bring new space images into the LU system and create a new map using those sector backgrounds. To make it really worthy of LU, it would be great to dig up new space images to increase the diversity of backgrounds in the game, given that LUV has so many in its default stable. There are some cool new graphical tweaks available in LU, involving two classes of planets in LU, the traditional opaque and new transparent versions. Vukica has used this to great effect in the new sectors he designed for his X3 Remap mod.

Some great things are happening in the LU community. I am pretty excited to see what develops.

Edit: Maybe a more accurate wording is "with Caveats"? Hmm.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 22:17

IMO, it's IEX that is more fantasy-like because of the fog, the "moving particles" and some of the lights. I prefer the backgrounds of IEX ; some are really beautiful and made me stop and just look at them. That was never the case with LUV's.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Thu, 4. Jun 15, 17:35

... done ;) *here*

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 05:34

Moonrat wrote:I wonder if Litcube will permit me to "suck" the fog stuff permanently into IEX where possible... or I simply ensure that anything I have in IEX / LUVi doesn't over-write the higher res. fog?

Dude, of course you can!

Consider LU a community project. Take from it whatever you like and release parts of it however you want.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 10:31

Litcube wrote:Dude, of course you can!

Consider LU a community project. Take from it whatever you like and release parts of it however you want.
:thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :)
[ external image ]

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Fri, 12. Jun 15, 04:16

Added Joubarbe's Sat Monitoring plugin and reorganized the index categories. Started to have too many plugins in the "Other" category.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”