[X3LU] Small Improvements and Fixes

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

HateDread
x3ap

Post by HateDread » Fri, 7. Aug 15, 02:29

memeics wrote:Yes, that's how I developed them anyway (while doing my own playthrough I modified various scripts at various points through my playthrough as I found that I wanted some different things in LU). Of course, make a full backup of your savegames and game directory before installing, while my changes are installed with a Windows installer thingy, it doesn't know to uninstall by restoring the original files.

What version of LU do you have? The scripts were developed based on 1.4.7, this means a couple of things:
- the changes to long running order scripts (ex. OCV patrolling, Freighter, Dock Agent, etc) may not update on ships currently already running those orders if those scripts have been updated by LU beyond the version number from 1.4.7; this isn't a big deal, just restart the orders (for your ships, like Freighter/Dock Agent) or in time the game will automatically restart orders as ships get destroyed/new ships get created
- LU 1.4.8 and up fixed some problems with Freighter logic and since my changes are based on 1.4.7, by installing my changes to them (I think only the "Percentage calculation fix" changes that script, so if you worry about this don't enable that one) it will revert to the LU 1.4.7 version of the script that had those issues

I could update my scripts on top of latest 1.5.2 but I'm not playing anymore X3 these days so I'll need someone to sign up to test them heavily (in their playthrough) and report on any issues. Thanks for your interest!
Thanks for the reply! I'm actually not sure what version I'm running. What's the easiest way to check?

EDIT: Actually, is it possible to upgrade LU without breaking things? I presume that's the purpose of import/export of saves.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 7. Aug 15, 23:38

Export/Import is needed only when LU updates change the code base. Note that none of my changes are Save/Import enhanced, that means that state stored in LU by the scripts isn't restored across a E/I upgrade. But if you run something recent (like 1.5.2) you shouldn't worry as LU makes updates very rarely these days and even when updates are made they aren't making huge changes. When I played my game, I started with 1.4.7 and while playing LU was updated to 1.5.0 and I didn't feel the benefits of 1.5.0 were worth the hassle of doing the E/I. Similarly you could just stick with whatever version you have.

Some of the things that won't be saved by a E/I from my package:
- the blueprints that you archived using the Blueprint Manager, after a E/I the archive will be empty thus losing those blueprints, workaround is to just un-archive (using the Blueprint Manager) all the archived blueprints before doing the upgrade
- player corporation name (if set), will be reset to none after the upgrade; just need to set it again to the same value after the upgrade
- the saved "MLCC selection" will be lost, this is minimal, it just means that the first time you bring on the MLCC Assist Selection screen it will start with the default selection (all ships types are selected by default)
- make sure your ships aren't running any of the new command/orders added by my changes before you make an Export (like Collect Lasertowers)
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 07:37

So ... does this work with 1.5.2 LU or should i expect some problems?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 23:32

I haven't tested 1.5.2 since it was released after I made these scripts. 1.5.0 was working but certain changes I made were reverting some of the changes introduced by 1.5.0. Similarly for 1.5.2 some of my changes may revert some of the things that Litcube changed in LU between 1.4.7 and 1.5.2.

Like I said earlier I'm willing to update my scripts to be rebased on 1.5.2 but then I would need someone to fully test these updated scripts (ie install them and play a full game with them and report any problems) as I'm not playing X3 these days.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 00:03

memeics wrote:I haven't tested 1.5.2 since it was released after I made these scripts. 1.5.0 was working but certain changes I made were reverting some of the changes introduced by 1.5.0. Similarly for 1.5.2 some of my changes may revert some of the things that Litcube changed in LU between 1.4.7 and 1.5.2.

Like I said earlier I'm willing to update my scripts to be rebased on 1.5.2 but then I would need someone to fully test these updated scripts (ie install them and play a full game with them and report any problems) as I'm not playing X3 these days.
Yeah i dont think I can help you with that sadly ... nowdays my free time is limited ...

I would love to test things out but cant :(

Morgon
x4

Post by Morgon » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 01:10

naisha wrote:So ... does this work with 1.5.2 LU or should i expect some problems?
I've been using this with 1.5.2 and so far have encountered no real problems with any of these mods.
You always know what to put into a signature when you /don't/ have one.

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 01:27

Oh please please add ability to disable ingame sounds like the one that goes off every every time a missile is fired at you. :evil: You cant turn it down unless you turn all other effects down. I like to hear my guns fire but this thing is beyond annoying at this point in the game. :evil:

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sun, 16. Aug 15, 11:49

zanosg wrote:Oh please please add ability to disable ingame sounds like the one that goes off every every time a missile is fired at you. :evil: You cant turn it down unless you turn all other effects down. I like to hear my guns fire but this thing is beyond annoying at this point in the game. :evil:
if you mean that "alert sound":
s\923.wav
s\925.wav
... are the files for that, just create a folder named "s" in your installation directory an paste there 2 empty .wav files renamed to 923.wav & 925.wav

if you want betty not to say every time "alert: missile closing", just replace her text entry by an <<not-spoken empty text>> like that:

Code: Select all

<page id="13">
<t id="10">{13,0}</t>
</page>
paste those 3 lines in one of your text files located in \t folder
... you can do the same for "entering system ..." e.g.:

<page id="13">
<t id="1">{13,0}</t>
</page>
... or betty's "autopilot activated":

<page id="13">
<t id="1264">{13,0}</t>
</page>
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Sun, 16. Aug 15, 14:49

JSDD wrote:
zanosg wrote:Oh please please add ability to disable ingame sounds like the one that goes off every every time a missile is fired at you. :evil: You cant turn it down unless you turn all other effects down. I like to hear my guns fire but this thing is beyond annoying at this point in the game. :evil:
if you mean that "alert sound":
s\923.wav
s\925.wav
... are the files for that, just create a folder named "s" in your installation directory an paste there 2 empty .wav files renamed to 923.wav & 925.wav

if you want betty not to say every time "alert: missile closing", just replace her text entry by an <<not-spoken empty text>> like that:

<page id="13">
<t id="10">{13,0}</t>
</page>
paste those 3 lines in one of your text files located in \t folder
... you can do the same for "entering system ..." e.g.:

<page id="13">
<t id="1">{13,0}</t>
</page>
... or betty's "autopilot activated":

<page id="13">
<t id="1264">{13,0}</t>
</page>

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Yes I was talking about alert sound!

However I dont see those wave files anywhere. :?

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sun, 16. Aug 15, 15:17

you can only see those files if you take a look into the "cat/dat" files of X3 (using X3Editor2 from doubleshadow)
however, just create a folder "s" in your x3 directory (NOT in your addon-folder, even if you play X3AP) and place there empty .wav files named "923" & "925"

how you created such "empty" wav is your task, i would try to use the vlc media player & "cut" out a silent moment in any wav media file
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Sun, 16. Aug 15, 15:58

oh I see. Thank you!

Ill probably end up using Icarus 1 distress beacon sound...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b5ueiALdB0 :oops: :oops:

Cavespider
x4

Post by Cavespider » Sun, 23. Aug 15, 01:15

The retrieve laser towers is not showing up on the command menu and have installed everything i could on the TS still nothing so I assume its not working, as well as the fix for the docks/freighters integer breaks freighters, they will go to the Saturn hub but come back with zero cargo and keep looping that way.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 23. Aug 15, 02:52

Cavespider wrote:The retrieve laser towers is not showing up on the command menu and have installed everything i could on the TS still nothing so I assume its not working, as well as the fix for the docks/freighters integer breaks freighters, they will go to the Saturn hub but come back with zero cargo and keep looping that way.
For the first one you might wanna double check that you have the special command software and a transporter device installed, and then go to the special commands tab and see if the command is there. Not saying it can't be a bug, but I think I speak for just about everyone who has ever played with mods when I say that we've all done retarded stuff at one time or another. :p

The second one is a known bug, as the dock/freighter integer fix is based on older scripts from before Litcube corrected that particular issue. The only solution right now is to not install it.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Cavespider
x4

Post by Cavespider » Sun, 23. Aug 15, 03:29

Zaitsev wrote:
Cavespider wrote:The retrieve laser towers is not showing up on the command menu and have installed everything i could on the TS still nothing so I assume its not working, as well as the fix for the docks/freighters integer breaks freighters, they will go to the Saturn hub but come back with zero cargo and keep looping that way.
For the first one you might wanna double check that you have the special command software and a transporter device installed, and then go to the special commands tab and see if the command is there. Not saying it can't be a bug, but I think I speak for just about everyone who has ever played with mods when I say that we've all done retarded stuff at one time or another. :p

The second one is a known bug, as the dock/freighter integer fix is based on older scripts from before Litcube corrected that particular issue. The only solution right now is to not install it.

I did and still nothing is it just me?

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Sun, 23. Aug 15, 11:56

Cavespider wrote:
Zaitsev wrote:
Cavespider wrote:The retrieve laser towers is not showing up on the command menu and have installed everything i could on the TS still nothing so I assume its not working[..]

Yes. It is you --> http://i.imgur.com/wlUkUc4.png ;)
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

Cavespider
x4

Post by Cavespider » Mon, 24. Aug 15, 16:45

Idleking wrote:
Cavespider wrote:
Zaitsev wrote:
Cavespider wrote:The retrieve laser towers is not showing up on the command menu and have installed everything i could on the TS still nothing so I assume its not working[..]

Yes. It is you --> http://i.imgur.com/wlUkUc4.png ;)
You are right I was trying it on TS it works on TL my bad

Cavespider
x4

Post by Cavespider » Mon, 24. Aug 15, 17:13

As a few ideas as well a Minefield laying script would be cool to be added.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Mon, 24. Aug 15, 23:40

minefield script would be cool.

any way laser towers and mines you own can be hidden on the main map ?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 26. Aug 15, 23:43

Cavespider wrote:As a few ideas as well a Minefield laying script would be cool to be added.
... until you realize that it's only gonna work in sector, because mines rely on collision detection and that's disabled when the player is OOS. And with good reason, as ships tend to pile up at the gates and things would probably go to a very warm place if collision detection was enabled everywhere. Not to mention that it would probably bog the cpu down so much it would turn the game into a slide show, even with Litcube's improvements.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Thu, 27. Aug 15, 00:10

sounds like a scavengers dream though

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”