[MOD] [X3TC] Mod "New Horizons" for X3 TC 3.2 - NHTC v.2.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Thu, 14. May 15, 13:26

Geek wrote: Keep in mind it is a real lottery though, you have only a small chance to win.
The prize can be pretty decent, but can be very small too...

It is a genuine lottery! :D

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Thu, 14. May 15, 14:28

"genuine" should be translated by "according to the Teladi rules, the organizer is granted more money than the players" :P
Right on commander !

LightUrPath
x3tc

Post by LightUrPath » Sun, 17. May 15, 14:27

There is a problem with the "Hammer Torpedo Fabrication" facilities in that I can dock at them just fine, but either my ship or the facility explode when I try to undock from them. I have tried several different ones and same thing, BOOM! When I look closely at them, there is usually something that was placed in the way of the undock terminal (for example: a sign)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 17. May 15, 15:11

@ LightUrPath: A well-known and easy workaround for several M6 types with this (even vanilla) station collision issue: stay on the ship but tell the AI to undock it without collision detection by ordering it to idle, fly to, jump to, dock at, etc. Regain control when safely clear of the station by making any control input. Annoying if you are playing DiD, but the autosave on docking is a welcome safety net before this sort of thing happens.

This can also happen on just about any external dock if another wide-body M6 is parked on the arm next to yours!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

norwalker1955
x3tc

Post by norwalker1955 » Wed, 17. Jun 15, 19:29

I don't know what I doing wrong, but I cannot get a complete (578 MB) archive of NHTC. I've tried downloading it 9 different times using four different browsers (Firefox, I.E.,Chrome and Opera) with varying but never satisfying results (the DL'ed file sizes range from about 29MB to 184MB). I've used both 7zip and RAR knife (sorry NOT paying someone 30 bucks for the privelege of their interface, they who shall remain nameless but rhyme with BINDAR). No luck. I keep getting "Unexpected end of archive" errors .... not surprising I suppose considering.

I've tried downloading other large archives from this forum (ie Litcube's Universe, 874MB) and I didn't have any issues. Hadn't planned on playing it, I just wanted to see if there was some issue on my end. It doesn't appear so.

I'm really sorry, because from reading the posts on here it really sounds like fun. But, after so many time, I just have to figure something I can't control is causing an issue here, and I won't be able to get around it. Doesn't look like I'll be playing this mod. Oh, well ...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 17. Jun 15, 19:50

Is the transfer bitrate slow while it is working? If so, it could just be your system timing out and/or some regular online update/check interfering with the download.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

norwalker1955
x3tc

Post by norwalker1955 » Thu, 18. Jun 15, 04:54

Alan Phipps wrote:Is the transfer bitrate slow while it is working? If so, it could just be your system timing out and/or some regular online update/check interfering with the download.
Even though I said I wasn't, I'm trying it again. I'm getting a bit rate of 135-250 KB/s. Granted, not exactly FTL but even so shouldn't be slow enough to time out.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Thu, 18. Jun 15, 05:24

Depending on how the server is configured, the timeout is probably occurring on their end, and for a download of that size, even 250 KB/s is quite slow these days (except in rural areas.) I would bet that is your problem. A mirror to XDownloads or Nexusmods would be helpful, if the mod authors are amenable.

For the moment, if your download fails again, I could probably temporarily place a copy in my Mediashare folder and PM you a link to use. Will take a while, because my upload rate is molasses.

EDIT: You know, you should try installing a Download Manager utility that allows you resume halted downloads. That might allow to you complete the process properly. (My rate right now is much, much worse than you: ~20 KB/s).

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Thu, 18. Jun 15, 09:28

solarahawk wrote: EDIT: You know, you should try installing a Download Manager utility that allows you resume halted downloads. That might allow to you complete the process properly. (My rate right now is much, much worse than you: ~20 KB/s).
This is a very good suggestion indeed.

norwalker1955
x3tc

Thank you

Post by norwalker1955 » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 05:22

That's a very good idea. I'll give it a try.

*That did it. I installed Download them all on Firefox and viola, the file downloaded without a hitch, at about 3 times the previous speed. I guess the 12th time is the charm.... thanks again, guys, for all your good help.*

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 2. Jul 15, 00:29

Is this compatible with the Linux version of X3:TC? After installing this X3:TC wouldn't even load, terminal shows ELF incompatible files trying to be loaded.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Thu, 2. Jul 15, 16:29

We did not test it on Linux, but I would not be surprised if the mod does not work there (at least, with the native port).
Right on commander !

habeebafett
x3ap

workss with steam???

Post by habeebafett » Sat, 4. Jul 15, 14:49

Hey guys,

Downloaded and would love to play but having trouble starting the mod.
Unfortunately I have the STEAM version of X3TC and even though I have copied the mod files into the directory, the start menu does not give me the option to select mods. Its greyed out. Any ideas?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sat, 4. Jul 15, 20:53

It should work fine with the Steam version.
I guess the archive is not extracted correctly.
Can you check the content of the mods directory ?
Right on commander !

blackbow

Post by blackbow » Tue, 7. Jul 15, 05:54

I installed Download Accelerator Manager and it made all the difference. Half a dozen aborted downloads and plenty of frustration solved. Currently about 75% done and I expect it to finish.

I don't have much of an upload speed but if somebody wants a torrent file, I could arrange it, if the owners are okay with it.

blackbow
solarahawk wrote:Depending on how the server is configured, the timeout is probably occurring on their end, and for a download of that size, even 250 KB/s is quite slow these days (except in rural areas.) I would bet that is your problem. A mirror to XDownloads or Nexusmods would be helpful, if the mod authors are amenable.

For the moment, if your download fails again, I could probably temporarily place a copy in my Mediashare folder and PM you a link to use. Will take a while, because my upload rate is molasses.

EDIT: You know, you should try installing a Download Manager utility that allows you resume halted downloads. That might allow to you complete the process properly. (My rate right now is much, much worse than you: ~20 KB/s).

popeye2
x3tc

Post by popeye2 » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 13:16

Whats happened to download site

popeye2
x3tc

Post by popeye2 » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 13:21

Will this Mod be available again, If not my life will be incomplete

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 13:27

Xchange Guild is down after a viral attack.

Our friend Hatanis has uploaded the NHTC mod elsewhere, try it :
https://1fichier.com/?lvkgxc2dwc
Right on commander !

popeye2
x3tc

Post by popeye2 » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 09:16

Thankyou, downloaded Mod went in search of lost Boron, worked through supply missions, went to East Gate to check on enemy. As I approached gate game went to auto but nothing happens, can you advise,

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 09:54

Which mission / sector is that ?
Right on commander !

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”