[MOD] [X3TC] Mod "New Horizons" for X3 TC 3.2 - NHTC v.2.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

[MOD] [X3TC] Mod "New Horizons" for X3 TC 3.2 - NHTC v.2.2

Post by Phlt » Wed, 24. Dec 14, 20:58

NHTC 2.2 - New Horizons for X3 Terran Conflict with or without Cockpits

[ external image ]

NHTC is a mod created by the french-speaking team XChange Guild.
We worked on this mod for years, and we will continue our developments to keep offering new features.

NHTC is not "just another mod". In addition to the sectors, ships and equipments that any major mod has to offer, NHTC includes a complete scenario and numerous innovations that could completely change the way you play X3TC.

NHTC 2.2 is available with cockpits for each ship! Different for every race or class of ship, equipped with functional displays, they will enhance your immersion into the X Universe!Your existing saves are fully compatible with this new feature, and if you don't like the cockpits you can disable them without losing the progress you achieved with them.

To use this new immersive environment, go back to the beginning of this discussion, re-download NHTC 2.2 and follow the installation instructions. No loss of progression, no obligation to retain cockpits if they don't suit you, why hesitate? Try this new approach to the X Universe!
You will have a preview lower down.

With nearly 13,000 downloads, we are proud that our mod is so successful in the french-speaking community. Now we finally propose the latest version 2.2, in French and English so that much more players can enjoy it.

XChange Guild

A short digression to introduce ourselves. We are a team of french-speaking players, fans of the X Universe. We started by translating the works of the international community for the French public, and some of us went to the development of scripts, creating ships, adding new sectors... Our skills have expanded over time.

Perhaps you already know us through our New Horizons mod version 1.2, the last we proposed in english before this one. What we offer now is much richer, and we still have many ideas for future creations!

Please, do not hesitate to give us your feedback at Xchange Guild Forum as well.

Compatibility

NHTC is designed for X3 Terran Conflict patched in version 3.2. No need to try to install it on another game or another version, it would not work.
Likewise, as a major mod, NHTC would conflict with other major mods altering the map, the ships, equipments...

In short, NHTC is INCOMPATIBLE with:
- X3 Reunion, X3 Albion Prelude, X Rebirth
- All other major mod (Transcend, Litcube's Universe, Time of the Truth...)
- Most ships / stations / individually downloaded objects or pack of objects

However, NHTC is COMPATIBLE with many scripts or mini-mods!
Here is a short selection that we highly recommend:
* MARS Fire Control by Gazz
* Marine Repairs and Training by DrBullwinkle
* NPC Bailing Addon and Salvage Commands & NPCs by ThisIsHarsch
* Salvage Claim Software by Cycrow
* Carrier Power Link System by Roger L.S. Griffiths
* Universe Explorers by 7ate9tin11s
* Improved Boarding by Cycrow

Independent scripts and mini-mods already included in NHTC

In addition to NHTC's compatibility with many creations of the community, we've already added these ones to our mod:
* Complex Cleaner by Gazz (simplifies complexes and improves performance)
* Anarkis Defense System by Serial Kicked (new commands for defense and fleet management)
* XChange Guild HUD by Odin83 (a more ergonomic interface)
* XChange Guild Portals by OPR (larger gates)
* Tow truck by Peroxyde (ship repairs)
* Kha’aks patrols by Serial Kicked (more conflicts in the universe)
* Station calls by Peroxyde (more life on stations and some surprises)
* Advanced Complex Hub by Saetan (larger complexes docking ports for more vessels, including capital ships)

Downloading and installing NHTC:

[ external image ] Download New Horizons for X3 Terran Conflict

* Backup your saves (just in case)
* Make a new clean installation of X3 Terran Conflict (it's better that way)
* If necessary, patch your X3TC up to 3.2
* Install the All-in-One Bonus Package 4.1.01 (it's easy to forget, but you can't do without)
* Unzip NHTC in your X3TC installation folder, overwrite existing files
* Start the game, go to "enable New Horizons"
* Select "NH TC" or "NH TC Cockpits" depending on whether you want to play with or without cockpits, then confirm (saves are compatible between the two options, you can change any time you wish by returning to this menu)
* Play!
* If you have saves from a previous version of NHTC, they are compatible despite the many additions of this new version!

Exclusives provided by NHTC

The list is long and we won't reveal everything to you! We just want to make you want to try our mod without spoiling the surprises! Let see only some of the most interesting features...

Universe

A dozen additional varied sectors, sometimes difficult to find but with a lot to offer! Some of them are only available under certain conditions ...
It might even be that you can become the owner of some of them!
These new sectors come with new music and new backgrounds. Confrontations are also an opportunity to hear new fighting music, to add rhythm.
This expanded universe opens up new trade routes, new possibilities of settlement and also ... new conflicts!

Ships

Many additional ships, variants of existing models and a dozen new classes, ranging from heavy carrier M0 to M5+ enhanced scout.
Among others, a supercarrier capable of docking eight capital ships without bumping into gates, repair ships, corvettes able to carry fighters, frigates and corvettes able to dock cargo ships... And a few improved cargos for autonomous trade and even some Terran ships capable to use standard weapons!

In addition, you will discover a new way to improve your fleet far beyond what was possible until now! We're geting to that, keep reading...

[ external image ]

Equipments

A few additions there as well. We had to equip all these new ships, after all! New lasers, new missiles and new shields, that will be developed and revealed throughout the plot. There is also an industrial repair laser that will make the space suits equipment looking like a poor bandage.

Game starts

In addition to the traditionals X3TC starts, we added no less than seven new starting situations, to offer a wide range of difficulty. All seven of them are in a slightly different universe in which the Aldrin sectors are already connected to the Commonwealth and to the Terran sectors at the begining. Therefore, for these new starts, the scenarios associated with the Terrans and Aldrans are disabled. All other scenarios are however accessible, including the one we created for New Horizons.

For those of you who wish to play the Terran and Aldran scenarios, the X3TC conventional starts remain unchanged, and all starts, standardor NHTC provide access to our scenario.

Please remind you: your saves from older versions of NHTC are perfectly compatible, and will give you access to all the news features of this new version, you don't have to start a new game in this case. (and in this case only, unfortunately, saves from X3TC alone or with other mods ARE NOT compatible with NHTC 2.2)

For future developments of our mod, we want to follow this principle: whatever version of NHTC you played with, you can continue your game in the following versions of NHTC.

The scenario

We don't want to have all our innovations in X3TC without finding them their rightful place in the X Universe. So we created a story that involves you, and over the course of which the new features of NHTC will be disclosed and made available. Some of these features will serve you only during the scenario, but most of them will still be accessible after, limited only by your imagination and your talent.

Initially a simple attempt to integrate new ideas in the X Universe, this scenario very quickly took a scale that we would not have imagined at the beginning of our work. It will give you many hours of additional gameplay, and we hope you will enjoy it as much as all those who have already played it.

Without revealing the plot, here are some of its highlights:
- an easy-to-trigger start, accessible to both novice and experienced pilots
- a game time equivalent to all the X3TC Vanilla scenarios put together (except the Hub)
- an eventful plot that will take you all over the X Universe
- a fearsome and ruthless new threat
- epic battles
- new allies
- new ways of fighting
- an historical context coherent with the whole X saga
- some charismatic and colorful characters
- an opportunity to meet some of the characters who made history in X2 and X3R, so far missing in X3TC
- a great freedom of action to progress in the scenario (there are often several ways to achieve a goal)
- some great rewards, if you are worthy of them
- a progressive availability of new technologies
- and yes, we're sure you noted, among these technologies, there is one that will allow your ships to greatly exceed their performance limits and usual capabilities

Support and evolutions

New Horizons for X3 Terran Conflict has been used and enjoyed by the french-speaking community for a while now. Therefore, it has already been revised as minor problems were reported. You will discover it now in version 2.2, in which all major problems have been noticed, reported and fixed.

However, no one is perfect (we least of all), and perhaps you will notice some issues; please let us know! We continue to work on NHTC, your feedback will be used to improve the next version!

Besides, we don't lack ideas and we will release new developments of NHTC! Don't let this stop you to enjoy this version 2.2, as we said any future version of NHTC will be fully compatible with your saves from previous versions of our mod.

As this is the first full english realese, some texts and dialogues may still need some work. Do not hesitate to tell us about them.

Credits and acknowledgments

Egosoft
for having created and maintained a fascinating and extensively modable game

Doubleshadow
for his essential development tools

Gazz, Serial Kicked, Saetan, Cadius
for allowing us to integrate their wonderful creations in our mod

Benido II, Brittany, Efguard, PaPaYa, Stonedsub
for their external assistance during the beta testing phases

Good flight, pilots!

The XChange Guild team
Phlt
Cpt-Killer
OPR
Absconce
Balleva
BenIsra
Geek
Hatanis
MahotiDjinn
Odin83
Peroxyde
PSCO1
QueenAkasha
Serial Kicked
Siky
Socros
Yipyop

Eye candy

http://www.3enfamille.net/Mod_NHTC.v.2.2/Mozaic.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
Last edited by Phlt on Sat, 11. Apr 15, 23:44, edited 10 times in total.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Change Log & Updates

Post by Phlt » Wed, 24. Dec 14, 21:01

Change Log and Updates

- April 2015 - NHTC v.2.2 with or without cockpits

- December 2014 - NHTC v.2.2

- March 2011 - NHTC v.1.2

Patch & DLC

- 12/30/2014 - Bug: E-cells emptied in Stations - Fixed. Adjusted Archive available in OP, as well as Hot-Fix below.
Last edited by Phlt on Fri, 10. Apr 15, 10:09, edited 3 times in total.

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Thu, 25. Dec 14, 11:40

This looks great! Time for another TC install I think! A couple of questions - you recommend using the Bonus Pack - isn't it better to find the individual versions of these scripts, as I believe the Bonus Pack versions are out of date? Also, you recommend MARS, but won't it need a custom laser data file?

Look forward to trying this!

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Thu, 25. Dec 14, 11:48

Individual script from the BP are likely to work , but this has been untested.

The latest versions of MARS should include the required file, thanks to Gazz.
Right on commander !

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Fri, 26. Dec 14, 03:04

What a nice christmas present, I had completely missed the earlier versions of this mod.

Is there a manual of some sort (French one is OK too)? I'd like to know how to use the ecliptic projector and the purpose of other types of new ship equipment.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 26. Dec 14, 11:22

There is no manual, sorry.
We took a lot of care to the game text descriptions and hopefully they should provide enough info, but you can always ask your questions here or at Xchange Guild forums.

Thee ecliptic projector was added for the sake of completion, but it does not work in TC.
Right on commander !

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Fri, 26. Dec 14, 12:33

I see. The "SETA Boost Extension" (for sale at a Goner temple, about 155,000 credits) does not have a text description, so I was wondering what it does.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 26. Dec 14, 13:15

Items without description are likely just eye candy.
Right on commander !

Mowen
x3tc

Post by Mowen » Sat, 27. Dec 14, 10:48

Now in English ! I have played this mod in French and it is a great mod for X3TC. The scenario is awesome.
J'ai du me pencher de trop près sur le chaos de l'univers, j'ai tout pris dans la tronche. :-)

OPR
x3

Post by OPR » Mon, 29. Dec 14, 21:31

Unfortunately, a bug has slipped into NHTC 2.2. About an hour after the start or the load of a save, e-cells and foodstuffs of all stations of the universe are emptied.

This error has been corrected and the version now available for download does not present this problem anymore. However, if you have already downloaded it before, you have two options:

- Either download again NHTC 2.2 and unzip it in your original installation, overwriting the existing files,
- Or download only the patch and unzip it to your installation folder, overwriting the existing file.

In both cases, it is advisable to load a save in which this problem has not yet triggered, where stocks stations are still normal.

However, for those who have well progressed and who would not want to go back in their progress, here is a tool that will fix all the e-cells stocks in all stations of the X Universe to 50%. This is not the best solution because this unbalances the trading for a while, but it allows the economy to restart without reloading a too old save, assuming that such a save exists.

Sorry for the inconvenience...
[ external image ]
Empereur-Aspirant de l'Empire du Renouveau Paranide

skywalker3000
x3tc

Post by skywalker3000 » Sat, 3. Jan 15, 13:43

Hi, i need a little Help here or a Hint for the Majas Shadow Mission.

I cant find anything in the SW Boron Sectors, have fly to every Boron Sector in the Area.

What should i find there ?

OPR
x3

Post by OPR » Sat, 3. Jan 15, 13:52

skywalker3000 wrote:Hi, i need a little Help here or a Hint for the Majas Shadow Mission.

I cant find anything in the SW Boron Sectors, have fly to every Boron Sector in the Area.

What should i find there ?
When entering the SW Boron Sectors, you should receive an SOS message, this is the plot's next step. Check your mission objectives.
[ external image ]

skywalker3000
x3tc

Post by skywalker3000 » Sun, 4. Jan 15, 12:55

The only Message i get as i entered a few time a boron sector was the start of the HUB Plot. But i am sure this has nothing to do with the NH Maja Plot.

This is the Mission:

[ external image ]

Do i need a higher Rank maybe to go on ? Boron Rank = 8

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 4. Jan 15, 16:22

skywalker3000 wrote: This is the Mission:

[ external image ]
You found one of NHTC mission. :)

skywalker3000
x3tc

Post by skywalker3000 » Sun, 4. Jan 15, 16:36

Yes i know thats a new mission, but what next ?

I cant find anything in the SW Boron Sectors, have checked all in the Area.

What must i do ?

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Sun, 4. Jan 15, 21:25

Spoiler
Show
The object you're looking for is in the unknown sector east of Mists of Elysium.

When you're within 3 sectors of it, you should get a notification (press shift+M to check your message log) that guides you towards it. In my game, I first got it when I entered Reservoir of Tranquillity.

If you cannot find the notification, try whether the plot continues when you enter the unkown sector.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Mon, 5. Jan 15, 00:34

:thumb_up: :)

skywalker3000
x3tc

Post by skywalker3000 » Mon, 5. Jan 15, 00:56

Still Nothing , i visit every sector 10x times, no message, the mission is still there and didnt continue at all, there is no mission pointer.

in the Unknown sector is nothing , only a few astroids, its complete empty.

i searched 200km in every direction - Nothing.

I give up, looks like its broken someway.

OPR
x3

Post by OPR » Mon, 5. Jan 15, 08:50

Maybe your installation has a problem... Could you check your /director folder ? It should have a file named *Prologue.xml . (not *PrologueGW.xml, this one seems working fine for you)

If this file is missing, the new missions line can't start... The Maja's shadow is just used to bring you to theses places for the real plot to begin... When it works, you have a new entry in your missions list...

To be sure, you could re-download NHTC 2.2 and unzip it again in your game folder.
[ external image ]

troffell

Post by troffell » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 11:06

[NHTC Plot] I am supposed to meet a Terracorp guy daughter at a Space Fuel Distillery.
Unfortunately, I am not allowed to dock... ??

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”