X3 TC&AP Khan marines mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Hunt81

X3 TC&AP Khan marines mod

Post by Hunt81 » Sat, 5. Jul 14, 22:33

[ external image ]

Download link
https://yadi.sk/d/J7fTfqQBVzt3J

M.I. does the dying;
Fleet just does the flying.
© Rico 'Starship Troopers'

Kharn marines mod.

v.1.0.0

To slightly fix this way of things there are many scripts to make life of marines a little longer in X universe. The idea to assemble all good scripts in one place was accomplished in this mod. Well, at some point, you just tired to install them one by one from different locations, especially when game update or reinstall of any kind happens, so install-pack, that contains most fast and reliable scripts, was the best solution. And now marines is not an useless ballast in cargo bay, that ones in a lifetime boards an enemy ship, but a very effective force, that helps to conquer X universe almost every day.

To tell the truth, this is not just marines mod, but more like 'all what captain of rocket battleship needs', starting from fighter drones and ending by missile/antimissile hot-keys, but since the usual use of that kind of ships is boarding (because, sadly, it's the only type of ship that can use boarding pods) - marine scripts are a better half. Some scripts, commonly known, was not included, like 'station boarding' or 'mobile ship training' due some unfortunate factors, like errors and mess with gameplay (ability to board stations is overpowered at best), so, only rather lite and fast scripts allowed and they were undoubtedly useful during long games.

Besides them there are 'Intergalactic news service' included, some design solutions, that speeds up calculations, loadscreens and so forth, and rather small, but very effective haste program, that hastes ships, missiles and ammo flight. Unfortunately this program can be applied only to exact version of the game and may cause some bugs if used on later versions (or may not, that depends on changes in certain files of 'types' directory), besides this uninstallation will cause hull damage to all ships proportional to top speed decrease rate. But this 'space haste' definitely worth the risk in a very slow X3 universe. There is also a tool, that makes possible to adapt haste to any version of the game, and even to any mod, but it uses Exel scripts and someone without advanced knowledge in this program never can do an update. Also one of the effects of this haste script is a dramatical increase in missile aiming , to compensate almost twice faster ships movement. That's, by the way, one of the reasons to use teleportation tech - if in ordinary space standart methods are enough, in hasten space autopilot makes more small navigation mistakes and spend more time to get marines or wares on the ship.

Mod, most likely, is not compatible with any other global mod in full installation (with haste utility, without manual adaptation, Intergalactic news service and design), but some selected scripts could be compatible, if you willing to take a risk and there is no common resource in use. After uninstallation there will be not much damage to saves, except for useless keys in controls, but if you used haste utility, there will be approximately half damaged hulls at all ships.

Install:

To install mod simply select X3 Terran conflict catalogue and options.

Uninstall:

To uninstall run automatic uninstallation 'Uninstall X3 TC&AP Khan marines mod'. If you load last save now, all unused hotkeys will be removed, save again, and delete last file !setup.unregister.hk.xml from catalogue scripts.

Authors of scripts, used in mod creation:

Crazy Diamond (Dimoun), BORON FRIEND, ulfius, Rusa, Xai Corporation, Z_M_A, and many many others, their names unfortunately unknown due numerous remakes of original scripts and lost readme files. All rights to selected scripts or any other part of mod belongs to their authors, if any. Most of the information was collected on elite-games.ru , in ancient times, when moderators do not punish anyone for anything, and on x3tc.ru in exactly same times.

Mod authors:

Leader - Ghost
Design - Odai
Stuff/translate - Drake
Tester - Leon K.
Coder - Elven

© Ghost Team 2014
May the force be with... ME!

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 14:25

Um so what does it do?

Hunt81

Post by Hunt81 » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 14:44

It's a dozen of scripts that makes marines more usefull and ease some other points of gameplay, mostly by hotkeys assignment. Detailed scripts descriptions are in readme_all catalogue, but most of them are quite simple to understand by the name in installation process.
May the force be with... ME!

dmk
x4

Re: X3 TC&AP Khan marines mod

Post by dmk » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 15:18

i don't want to run some unknown exe,
where is sources, i.e. scripts itself?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 17:27

dmk wrote:
Wed, 22. Sep 21, 15:18
i don't want to run some unknown exe,
where is sources, i.e. scripts itself?
This is a mod installer in Russian and English.

Therefore, scripts alone will not help you.

Either download and install, or don't download. And there is no information for which version of the game the mod. Mod 2014, the version of the game may be ancient.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 19:41

that's why i asking for sources (of installer script if you wish)
inno setup compiler (exe made supposedly by it) don't want to disassemble it's compilation. (only can compile from source).
by reading all sources i can understand which part will run for x3fl without problem and how to install it.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 20:56

I checked. Unpacked, don't worry. All right.

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1qGjXeIS ... t=download

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”