[X3LU] X-Missions Reloaded (XM-R) v1.59b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

TheJournier
x3ap

Post by TheJournier » Mon, 23. May 16, 10:28

So you have to trade etc. to raise reputation to begin with?
The only way X-series could get better, is if they allow planetary landing as well! When do you think that'll happen?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 23. May 16, 12:02

TheJournier wrote:So you have to trade etc. to raise reputation to begin with?
Or kill some pirates, or xenon
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

evildog112
x4

Post by evildog112 » Fri, 17. Jun 16, 02:10

So a quick question about the broke hacker start, where can you get a hacking console from? Do you need to get it from the workshop is is it available for purchase elsewhere? It seems kinda silly to me that you don't at least start out with one on your ship.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 17. Jun 16, 09:28

@ evildog112: That start comes with owning a Data Relay special station which will allow you the one-time choice to go down the (harder) station hacking path rather than doing ship hacking with it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

evildog112
x4

Post by evildog112 » Fri, 17. Jun 16, 22:25

Alan Phipps wrote:@ evildog112: That start comes with owning a Data Relay special station which will allow you the one-time choice to go down the (harder) station hacking path rather than doing ship hacking with it.
Yes but you still need a hacking console to do anything with it.

quin441
xr

Post by quin441 » Thu, 18. Aug 16, 19:16

I cant see missions to buy ships from NPC's is that normal?

gradash
x4

Post by gradash » Fri, 19. Aug 16, 20:18

I have a little problem, I have get a mission to bring 5 lasers to a station, I have the lasers in my cargo and have dock in station, but nothing happen! What I'm making wrong?

Edit: I solve it! I need to open PDA in station using aditional ship commands :)

zlobsic
x3tc

Post by zlobsic » Thu, 1. Sep 16, 19:10

Mod seems nice, tho...where are all combat missions? I played for an hour, i found only 3 combat missions, while lvling to average difficulty. Im tempted to uninstall to vanilla:(

x3tc

Post by AvatarOfWar » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 00:12

evildog112 wrote:
Alan Phipps wrote:@ evildog112: That start comes with owning a Data Relay special station which will allow you the one-time choice to go down the (harder) station hacking path rather than doing ship hacking with it.
Yes but you still need a hacking console to do anything with it.
I ran into this same problem. You need to unlock the Workshop to get the Hacking Console (and Arena to unlock that), which makes this game start not so good.

----

A problem I am having is getting the Yaki plot to start. I was asked to dock at the shipyard, but nothing happens when I do. The only idea that comes to mind is if I can only have one XM-R plot at a time (?), because I'm currently running the plot for a workshop.

*Edit: That seems to have been the problem. Once my workshop was built, I went back to the yaki shipyard and opened the mission assistant, and a new option was there to start the plot.

Shuraalex
xr

Post by Shuraalex » Sat, 10. Dec 16, 05:13

Hello there, first of all let me say that I absolutely love the mod, the missions really give some diversity to the game and I especially liked the "The Bridge" mission.
But it seems to have bugged out for me.

Me and the Argon fleets finally made our way to Hatikvah's Faith system and went bannanas on the Pirates. After we cleared out the stations nothings seems to happen. There are no enemies left at all and there are three full Argon Fleets in the system but the plot won't end, the Argon Firebase does not spawn as it should and the clock is still ticking to bring new fleets which are useless.

Also I'm fairly certain that its a bug as well but the defending fleets or the fleets that have occupied the systems along side the Defence Platforms don't do anything OOS. They don't have their commands set to "attack all enemies" or patrol and such. They simly sit there doing nothing getting bombarded by pirates when I'm not in the system. Soon as I jump in the automatic turrets make short work of the pirates.
Same with Orbital Platforms, they don't attack pirates OOS and only when I'm around in the system.

Any suggestions?
TL;DR = "The Bridge" won't end and Hatikvah's Faith won't convert to Argon;
Spawned Orbital Platforms and Defending fleets don't actually attack/patrol pirates OOS. And defending/occupying fleets don't move/attack at all.
"I don't know what a Xenon is. From what I hear tell they're kinda like toasters with
attitudes only bigger and and with plenty more attitude" - Scion Drakhar Tue, 23. Nov 10

Catroz
x3ap

Post by Catroz » Fri, 30. Dec 16, 01:16

Joubarbe wrote:I have no idea why it would freeze. I don't plan to update this mod.
:( It's such a good mod! :(

superstylin
xr

Post by superstylin » Mon, 16. Jan 17, 04:13

Hello everyone! Back to X3AP after a long break and having a blast with X3LU and this expanded mission pack, XM-R!

I'm usually a tinkerer with mods and have been playing around with a few settings available in XM-R t file, etc...

Question:

When I start increasing reward multipliers to high levels, for example, station reputation bonus reward at 200%, the reward amounts become negative! At lower percentages it seems to work fine, but higher percentages most if not all rewards become negative.

I'm completely clueless as to why they would become negative...

Thoughts?

Thanks and appreciate it!

Omniwrath
x3ap

Post by Omniwrath » Mon, 23. Jan 17, 01:20

Is there a version of this mod that doesn't require LU? I don't really care for LU because it guts all of the quest/story line from the game. I'd really like to use this mod with vanilla if possible.

Phirmware
x4

Post by Phirmware » Sat, 4. Feb 17, 02:04

After installation I am unable to enable the mod.

The selection is there, clicking on it though, does nothing. It does not allow me to turn the mod on.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance, and hopefully someone smarter than me still reads this thread.

Kitarn
x3tc

Post by Kitarn » Tue, 14. Feb 17, 21:57

Does this still work with LU 1.7.2. If not what was the last version it does work with?

zoommooz11
x3tc

Post by zoommooz11 » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 14:00

Couple of questions.

1. Start x-missions about 3 days into a game, and at the time I had a -3 relationship with the yaki. As I cannot get missions is the only way to gain rep (so I can actually dock at their stations--tune missions) to kill in thier sectors? Becasue the amount of trafic is very minimal, and I have only seen 1 ship from another race, even though I check their sectors quite regularly.

2, I unlocked the perk that allows investiment in stations, but I have not seen this mission come up. Is there somthing that I have to do, or have I just been a bit unlucky to have not seen it yet? (or perhasp its station level friendliness dependant).

Really loving it so far, and some help with these would be great.

Cheers

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 15:54

Try and get a build station mission in a nearby sector which asks you to build in the yaki sector. Or hire a transporter captain and tell him to head to yaki space and then blow him up when he arrives.

In the first instance they will destroy the station but several race cargo haulers will try to dock first and drop off there stuff. Simply blow these up and your rep will start too increase.

In the vanilla game, many, many years ago, I used to put an SPP in one of their sectors and set the price for energy to 12.

The yaki would blow up everything that entered leaving me to collect the drops. It can still be done in LU but no way near as effectively as the drop rates seem to be a lot lower. However on the upside the number of ship to ship bails is higher :)

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sun, 26. Feb 17, 23:23

Thank you for this mod, really enjoying it so far, and it works well with the latest LU version. Too bad you don't maintain it anymore, since its a good alternative to Mayhem if you want the LU factions and IEX.

By the way, can you reupload the change log? It doesn't work on the current link anymore.

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Thu, 4. May 17, 14:18

I took 2 "Wanted" missions and its not seeming to end. Does it take a very long time?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 4. May 17, 17:33

About 4 or 5 ambushes.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”