[SCR][TC+AP] Customlog – editable player logbook (v1.0.2) [Update: 29th January 2021]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

[SCR][TC+AP] Customlog – editable player logbook (v1.0.2) [Update: 29th January 2021]

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 19:02

Das deutsche Thema findet sich hier.

Customlog – editable player logbook (v1.0.2)

The Customlog – editable player logbook adds a new player logbook to the game that allows the player to write, delete and manage messages in certain categories. It also provide a means for other scripters to write messages from their scripts to the Customlog.

Index
Information for players: installation, function, compatibility
Download and Changelog
Information for scripters

1. The installation

Download the script archive and extract it to your game directory.

For X3: Terran Conflict, by default this will be either
C:\Program Files\Egosoft\X3 Terran Conflict or
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict

For X3: Albion Prelude, by default this will be
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon

Afterwards all files of the archive - they are listed below - should be placed in their respective folders in the X3TC directory or its "addon"-folder.

Note: Just to be on the safe side you should also make a backup of your savegames before installing the script. The standard directory for the saves is
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\save for X3TC or
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Egosoft\X3AP\save for X3AP
(C: is the letter for your OS partition.)

2. The function

You can open the Customlog over the command console of any ship or station by selecting the Customlog entry from the Additional Ship Commands section. If you do so, the Customlog main menu will be opened.

Customlog main menu

The main menu displays all of the available categories in your Customlog as well as options to manage these.

(Click to enlarge.)
  1. Add new message
    Selecting this option, you are asked to enter a message into a text field. Afterwards you have to select a category from the available categories, which your message will be added to. If you want to add the message to a new category press 'Esc' in the menu to select a category and you're asked for a new name.
  2. Add new category
    Selecting this option, you are asked to enter a name for your new category. If a category with the same name already exists, you are asked, whether you still want to use that name. If so, the category is created. A new category will always be added to the end of the category list.
  3. Change Position of category
    With this option you can change the position of the category in the category list. Select this option and you're first asked to select the category you want to move and secondly for its new position within the category list.
  4. Delete category
    Selecting this option, you are asked to select a category from the category list, which will then be deleted. Before the deletion is executed, you will be asked for confirmation again. Please note that deleting a category will delete all messages in it too.
  5. Options
    Here you can set certain options, which are then applied to the main menu and the different sub menus. Simply click on one option to trigger the input fields or, in case of Yes/No-fields, to switch to the other available option.

(Click to enlarge.)

(Please Note: A detailed explanation of the different options can be found in the Customlog_Readme.pdf file, which is located in the Documents folder.)
  6. Close
    This closes the Customlog. (The same is achieved by pressing 'Esc'.)
Below these options, the actual categories your Customlog contains are displayed. By default this will only be the All category. More categories can be added using the Add a new category option. When you click on one category, the Category menu will be displayed.

Category menu

The category menu displays all of the messages of the selected category and provides options to manage a number of these messages.

(Click to enlarge.)
  1. Add new message
    Selecting this option, you are asked to enter a message into a text field. This message will be added to the currently selected category then.
  2. Change category
    This allows you to easily switch to another category without going back to the main menu.
  3. Rename category
    Selecting this option, you are asked to enter a new name for your category. If there is already a category with this name, your asked whether you still want to use it.
  4. Write all messages to logfile
    This will write all messages of the current category to the logfile with the id specified in the Main menu options. Before this command is executed, you will be asked whether you want to append the messages to the existing file. If you click ‘Yes’, and a logfile wih the respective id already exists, the messages will be added to the existing messages in the file. If you click ‘No’, all messages that are already in the logfile will be deleted and replaced with the messages from the current category. In both cases if a file with the respective id doesn’t exist already, it will be created. You will also be asked, whether you want to delete all messages from the Customlog category, once they have been written to the logfile.

The logfile can then be found under
    C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC or
    C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Egosoft\X3AP
    (C: is the letter of your OS partition.)
  5. Delete all messages from this category
    This will delete all messages from the current category. Before this command is executed, you will be asked for a confirmation.
  6. Delete <amount> of newest messages
    This will delete the stated amount of newest messages (i.e. those that were added recently to the category). The amount can be changed in the Main menu options. Before this command is executed, you will be asked for a confirmation.
  7. Delete <amount> of oldest messages
    This will delete the stated amount of oldest messages (i.e. those that were added at first to the category). The amount can be changed in the Main menu options. Before this command is executed, you will be asked for a confirmation.
  8. Back to Main menu
    This brings you back to the Main menu. (The same is achieved by pressing ‘Esc’.)
Below these options the actual messages stored in this category will be displayed starting with the newest. Whereby the category menu only displays the amount of messages specified in the Main menu options. If more messages are stored in this category, there will be a ‘Show more messages’-option be displayed at the end of the message list.
In the message list each message is displayed together with the time it was written to the logbook infront. If the message is too long to be fully displayed in one line, only the first part of it will be displayed. You can read the whole message in the Message menu, which you reach when clicking on the message entry.

Message menu

The message menu displays the whole message and provides options referring to it.

(Click to enlarge.)
  1. Edit message
    This will open the Edit message menu, which lets you edit the message.

(Click to enlarge.)

First select the line from the original message you want to edit. Afterwards you can enter the changed line. Meanwhile, the original message is displayed as a subtitle. If you’re happy with your changes, select the ‘Apply changes’ option to save your changes and return to the Message menu.

Please note: Due to the size limitation of custom menus, long messages will be separated into several lines. You cannot edit those long messages as a whole, but enter the changes per line instead. There’s also no possiblity to have the text already entered in the text input field, so you basically have to retype the whole line, even if you just want to correct a typo or the like.
  2. Move message to other category
    This lets you move the message to another category. Therefore you will have to select the destination category from the list of available categories. If you press ‘Esc’ or select the current category the message is stored in, the message will stay where it is.
  3. 3.Write message to logfile
    This will write the message to the logfile with the id specified in the Main menu options. Before this command is executed, you will be asked, whether you want to append the messages to the existing file. If you click ‘Yes’, and a logfile wih the respective id already exists, the message will be added to the existing messages in the file. If you click ‘No’, all messages that are already in the logfile will be deleted and replaced with the current message. In both cases if a file with the respective id doesn’t exist already, it will be created. The logfile can then be found under
    C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC or
    C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Egosoft\X3AP
    (C: is the letter of your OS partition.)
  4. Delete message
    This will delete the message. Before this command is executed, you are asked for a confirmation.
  5. Back to category menu.
    This brings you back to the Category menu. (The same is achieved by pressing ‘Esc’.)
Below these options the complete message will be displayed with the date/time it was added to the Customlog as a headline above.

Further Information

Coloring Texts
When adding or editing messages single words or even the whole message can be coloured. Therefore there are a number of tags available, which are similar to HTML or BB-Code tags. The color tags consists of an opening and a closing color tag and a color code: <c=F></c>. The following color codes and colors are supported:

(Click to enlarge.)

The color tags can be used on different ways:

1. Coloring a single word
The word, which should be colored, is placed between the opening and the closing color tag.

(Click to enlarge.)

(Click to enlarge.)

2. Coloring several words or a whole line.
All words between the opening color tag and the next closing or opening tag or the end of the line will be colored in the specificed color.

(Click to enlarge.)

(Click to enlarge.)

(Click to enlarge.)

(Click to enlarge.)

3. (In)compatibilies and Limits

This script is compatible to all X3: Terran Conflict versions equal or greater than 2.5 and to all X3: Albion Prelude versions equal or greater than 1.0. It is also compatible to all scripts and mods that do not use the same command slot (COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_53) and the same text file / page id (7330).

Since the Customlog uses custom menus to provide its functions, there are several limitations – especially with regards to the display and input of text. I will try to improve the functions, where possible. However there are also some things, like the input of text, which are simply limited by the script engine and cannot be further improved. Apart from that, I tried to keep the amount of menus – and this way also the amount of clicks to reach a certain function – relative low, while still providing more functions than the normal logbook.

What this script won’t do is redirecting all messages that are written to the normal player logbook to the Customlog. Only messages from scripts that support the Customlog and of course your own messages that you add over the Customlog interface will be written to the Customlog.

I know that there is a (driver related) bug with AMD graphics cards, which causes slow downs in menus with lots of entries. Since I do not have a current AMD graphics card, I cannot test, in which way this bug also applies to this script. If you experience slow downs, I suggest to reduce the number of displayed messages in a menu. (Please see the Customlog main menu options section for more info about this.)

4. Known bugs
  • - None at this point (v1.0)
5. ToDo list
  • - Add function to move all messages from one category to another
    - Add function to sort messages
    - Improve display of messages
    - Improve edit message function
    - Clean-up work
6. The uninstallation

Open the language specific text file of the Customlog for the language you are playing 7330-L0xx.xml (xx is representing the specific language code, 49 = German, 44 = English) with any text or xml editor. The file can be found in the t folder of your game directory.

For X3: Terran Conflict, by default this will be either
C:\Program Files\Egosoft\X3 Terran Conflict\t or
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\t

For X3: Albion Prelude, by default this will be
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon\t

Change the ‘uninstallation variable’ from 0 to 1 and save the file. Afterwards start/load the game.

The script will ask you, whether you really want to uninstall the Customlog. You’re also asked, whether you want to backup the messages from the Customlog or not (i.e. write them into the specified logfile). Afterwards the Customlog will be deleted and you receive an incoming message about it.

Now go to the scripts.uninstall folder in your X3TC directory or its addon folder (for X3AP) and double click on the uninstall.X2I.customlog.bat. This will remove all Customlog files from the folders Documents, scripts and t. Now you can delete the uninstall.X2I.customlog.bat and if it is the only file in the scripts.uninstall folder, you can delete this folder too.

7. Credits
  • EGOSOFT for the X-Series and the Script Editor
    SS_T for a reliable hosting place on xdownloads

Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Fri, 13. Jun 14, 23:26, edited 6 times in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Download and Changelog

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 20:21

8. Download

The Customlog script package can be downloaded from a number of places, which are listed below. If one of the download links doesn’t work, please check one of the others. If none of them work, please make a post about it here in the topic or write me a Private message (PM).

V1.0.2

Mediafire.com
[ external image ]

V1.0.1

XDownloads
[ external image ]

mydrive.ch
(No direct link available)
  • 1. Open http://www.mydrive.ch in your browser
    2. Login using the username Gast@Illuminatus and the password Gast01.
    3. In the folder "Customlog" click on the "Customlog_v1.0.1.zip" file.
Please note: The script package contains a detailed Readme file (in the Documents folder), which provides explanations for all functions of the Customlog.

9. Changelog
  • 2nd June 2014 – Release (v1.0)
  • 13th June 2014 – Updated version (v1.0.1)
    • - Removed unnecessary "write to player logbook" command from .delamount script
      - Fixed wrong line break text id in .formatmessage script
      - Page id is now read in from global variable in .formatmessage script
      - Category menu now waits until message has been added to current category before it is re-opened
      - Fixed mistake in English text file
      - Added Text coloring of own messages
  • 29th June 2021 – Updated version (v1.0.2)
    • - Changed command slot (from COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_26 to COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_53) to resolve compatibility issue with Lucike’s Ship Tools

Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 29. Nov 15, 18:32, edited 3 times in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Information for scripters

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 20:23

10. Information for scripters

Write messages to the Customlog

To find out whether the Customlog is installed in a player’s game, you can check, whether the global variable 'globvar.X2I.Customlog.main' exists. If so, the script is installed.

You (your scripts) can write messages to the Customlog by calling the script plugin.X2I.write.to.Customlog, which awaits four arguments:
  • • 1: message , Var/String , 'text'
    • 2: identifier , Var/String , 'category identifier'
    • 3: category.name , Var/String , 'category name'
    • 4: notification , Var/Boolean , 'audio notification'
1. A variable containing the actual message as a string.

2. A variable containing a unique identifier as a string.
  • - All messages that are written to the Customlog, will be stored in a specific category.
    - This identifier will be used to identify your category. Whenever someone wants to write a message to this category, this identifier needs to be provided too. (This is unless, the player decides to use this category as its default category. Then also all messages without identifier will be written to it.)
    - The identifier has to be a unique string. To check which categories already exist, you can call the script lib.X2I.Customlog.getcategories. It returns an array containing two other arrays. The first one contains the category names, the second their respective identifiers. (The first element of both arrays always refers to the default category.)
    - If you do supply a specific category identifier for the first time, a new category will be created and added to the end of the all.categories.arr. In this case it’s important to add a category name too!
    - If you do not supply a category identifier ( $identifier = null ), the message will be written to the default category of the Customlog.
    - If you do not supply an identifier, you also do not have to supply a category name.
3. A variable containing a name for your category as a string.
  • - This name is only really needed, when you use your category identifier for the very first time, i.e. when creating your category.
    - The category name will be displayed in the Customlog main menu within the other available categories.
    - The category name does not have to be unique, but it should represent your script. So that the player knows, which script the messages in this category belong to.
    - You cannot change the category name via this script. Only the player can do this!

4. A variable containing a boolean True or False value.
  • - This determines, whether an audio notification is played when the message is written to the Customlog. [TRUE] enables the audio notification. [FALSE] disables it.
    - The player can turn off the audio notifications completely. In this case, no audio notification will be played.
    - This option should only be used for important messages or when there is no other obvious indication for the player that a message has been written to the Customlog.
Examples:

First of all you may want to inform the player that your script supports the Customlog now. Therefore you could add the following lines to your setup script:

Code: Select all

026   * First check, if the customlog is installed
027   ifget global variable: name='globvar.X2I.customlog.main'
028   * Then check, if my.category is already setup
029   |if notget global variable: name='my.globvar.to.check.if.my.category.exists'
030   * If not, write the welcome text to the customlog and provide a category
031   * identifier and a category name
032   ||send incoming message 'My.Script supports the Customlog now!' to player: display it=[TRUE]
033 @ ||START[THIS] -> call script 'plugin.X2I.write.to.customlog' :  text='My.Script supports the Customlog now!'  category identifier='My.category.identifier'  category name='My category'  audio notification=[FALSE]
034   ||set global variable: name='my.globvar.to.check.if.my.category.exists' value='My.category.identifier'
035   |end
036   end
The above code checks whether the Customlog is already installed and whether your own category was already created. If that is not the case, it will add your text to the Customlog. Since you also provide a category identifier and a category name for the first time, it will create said category and add your initial text to it.

Please note: The example above assumes that your category identifier is unique and hasn’t be added to the Customlog before.

Now when you want to write a text to the Customlog, you can do the following:

Code: Select all

026   ifget global variable: name='globvar.X2I.customlog.main'
027 @ |START[THIS] -> call script 'plugin.X2I.write.to.customlog' :  text=$text  category identifier='my.category.identifier'  category name=null  audio notification=[FALSE]
028   else
029   |write to player logbook $text
030   end
If the Customlog is installed, the text will be written to it and to your category. If not, the text will be added to the normal logbook.

General structure of Customlog arrays

The messages in the Customlog are stored in a number of arrays that are visualised in the following image.

(Zum Vergrößern bitte klicken.)

The main.arr is stored within the global variable globvar.X2I.Customlog.main and just contains the all.categories.arr.

The all.categories.arr contains the different category arrays (category.arr). Each category has its own category.arr. Whereby the default category is always the first one and new ones are added to the end of the all.categories.arr. The amount of categories is limited to 2 billion.

The first three entries of each category.arr are the category name, the category identifier and the position of the last (current) message.arr. After that the message arrays are appended to the category.arr, whereby the last message.arr contains the newest messages. The amount of message arrays per category.arr is limited to 2 billion.

Each message.arr can hold up to 2 billion single message arrays (single.message.arr), which contain the messages. When one message.arr is full, a new one will be created and appended to the category.arr. The position of the current message.arr in the category.arr will then be adjusted too.

Each single.message.arr consists of three values: the time.arr containing the playing time in seconds and the game time as a string, when the message was written to the logbook, the actual text message as a string and the line.message.arr, which contains the message seperated in single strings that fit into the menus. For every new message a new single.message.arr is created and appended to the current message.arr.

With this setup it’s possible to store up to 8 Octillion or 8,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 or 8 ∙ 10^27 messages.

Other script specific information

List of Files

Documents
  • Customlog_LiesMich.pdf
    Customlog_ReadMe.pdf
scripts
  • !init.X2I.Customlog.modified.pck
    lib.X2I.Customlog.formatcolor
    lib.X2I.Customlog.formatmessage
    lib.X2I.Customlog.gametime
    lib.X2I.Customlog.getcategories
    lib.X2I.Customlog.getmessagenum
    lib.X2I.Customlog.reformatlines
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.addcategory
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.addmessage
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.category
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.delamount
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.delcategory
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.delmessage
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.dismessage
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.displaysub
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.editmessage
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.main
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.movemessage
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.options
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.startlog
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.uninstall
    plugin.X2I.Customlog.writetologf
    plugin.X2I.write.to.Customlog
    setup.X2I.Customlog
scripts.uninstall
  • uninstall.X2I.Customlog.bat
t
  • 7330-L044.xml (English)
    7330-L049.xml (German)
Used ressourced
Command slot: Command_Type_Ship_26
Logfile id / Text file / Page id: 7330

Global and local variables
Global variables start with the string globvar.X2I.Customlog.
Local variables are not used.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Fri, 13. Jun 14, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 09:00

Sweet.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 09:39

... looks very useful ;) // asking myself if 10^27 messages are enough :roll: (:D)
... the more scripters will use this custom log the better !!

ps: ... deutsches topic existiert nicht wirklich ^^ bzw. falsch verlinkt
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 09:47

Good job, thanks !

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 22:11

ps: ... deutsches topic existiert nicht wirklich ^^ bzw. falsch verlinkt
Thanks for the hint. :) Fixed it, together with some other small mistakes.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 4. Jun 14, 10:38

Wow, wish my publications were that complete *sigh*. Nice work. Will try that out as soon as I begin a new game (want to do that for 6 months now, but not managing it due to lack of time and modding :( )

Deniskos
x4

Post by Deniskos » Wed, 11. Jun 14, 19:05

Greetings!
Excellent script and idea.
Has found a small error here lib.X2I.customlog.formatmessage.xml
[ external image ]
Plus is some errors during repeated change of the message is when instead of change the main menu opens.
It would be desirable continuation :)

osirragkingXD
x3tc

Post by osirragkingXD » Wed, 11. Jun 14, 19:14

this looks awesome :thumb_up:
just got one question: I know that when the normal message log get fuller my game takes longer to load the save will this have the same effect or has it not been tested on that? not that it really matters as it is awesome
"I feel a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in Joy, as a new modder was born."

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Update 1.0.1

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 13. Jun 14, 23:25

Nicoman35 wrote:Wow, wish my publications were that complete *sigh*. Nice work.
Thanks. As for completeness, to be fair it took me long enough to finally release this script.
Deniskos wrote:Has found a small error here lib.X2I.customlog.formatmessage.xml
Thanks for the hint. I corrected the mistake in today's update.
Deniskos wrote:Plus is some errors during repeated change of the message is when instead of change the main menu opens.
It would be desirable continuation
I noticed this already as well. It probably has something to do with how I call and close the different menu scripts. I will have a proper look at this bug, once I find some time.
osirragkingXD wrote:I know that when the normal message log get fuller my game takes longer to load the save will this have the same effect or has it not been tested on that?
It will most-likely have the same effect, since the messages are also stored in the savegame. I cannot say though, if the effect will be worse or not.

And there it is already: The first update. :) Fixing some bugs and adding an option to color your own messages.

Update - Version 1.0.1
  • - Removed unnecessary "write to player logbook" command from .delamount script
    - Fixed wrong line break text id in .formatmessage script
    - Page id is now read in from global variable in .formatmessage script
    - Category menu now waits until message has been added to current category before it is re-opened
    - Fixed mistake in English text file
    - Added Text coloring of own messages

Coloring Texts
When adding or editing messages single words or even the whole message can be coloured. Therefore there are a number of tags available, which are similar to HTML or BB-Code tags. The color tags consists of an opening and a closing color tag and a color code: <c=F></c>. The following color codes and colors are supported:

(Click to enlarge.)

The color tags can be used on different ways:

1. Coloring a single word
The word, which should be colored, is placed between the opening and the closing color tag.

(Click to enlarge.)

(Click to enlarge.)

2. Coloring several words or a whole line.
All words between the opening color tag and the next closing or opening color tag or the end of the line will be colored in the specificed color.

(Click to enlarge.)

(Click to enlarge.)

(Click to enlarge.)

(Click to enlarge.)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

panacea

Post by panacea » Sat, 16. Aug 14, 07:06

This looks brilliant! Does anyone know how to get the CAG/CLS/MK3 to write to this instead of the text file in the save game folder ?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 18:57

Glad that you like it. To let these scripts write their messages to the Customlog you will have to edit them and replace every "write to logbook" command with a call of the script "plugin.X2I.write.to.customlog". Please see the Information for scripters section for a detailed explanation.

Brinnie
x3tc

Re: [SCR][TC+AP] Customlog – editable player logbook (v1.0.1) [Update: 13th June 2014]

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 29. Jan 21, 17:35

Hi Illuminatus.

I see this thread has been dormant for a while but I know you are still around. I like the idea of this script so I have installed it but although I ve got the message that it has been installed, I have no command for it in the additional commands section.

As I am in the middle of a complex building and trying to figure out how to use a bunch of Lucike scripts, I have uninstalled "Customlog" so I wouldn't lose progress done in my complex construction in case I couldn't run your script with my current setup, but I would like to get it to run if possible. So to the point:

- Is it compatible with AP (current version) ?
- Is the command not showing because it conflicts with something else? If so how do I find out with what and can it be fixed?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [SCR][TC+AP] Customlog – editable player logbook (v1.0.1) [Update: 13th June 2014]

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 29. Jan 21, 18:23

I justed tested it in X3AP v3.3, and it works fine.
If it's not showing up, then the used command slot "Command_Type_Ship_26" is most-likely used by another script you already have installed. I couldn't find anything about Lucike's scripts using this slot, though. Which scripts and mods do you have installed?

Edit: I updated all the image links in the posts above.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 29. Jan 21, 19:12

Hi.

Here is the list from the plugin manager, it's a bit messy.
Community Plugin Configuration :: Cycrow :: 1.51 :: 03/01/2012 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Hotkey Manager :: Cycrow :: 1.21 :: 03/01/2012 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Plugin Manager Library Scripts AP :: PluginManager :: 1.1 :: 27/12/2011 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Ware Manager :: Cycrow :: 1.10 :: 28/8/2011 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Necessary Libraries :: Lucike :: 3.8.05 :: 28/6/2018 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Intelligent Targeting System :: Winds of Boreas :: 1.50 :: 3/10/2012 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Missile Defence Mosquito :: Lucike :: 3.3.02 :: 2/7/2018 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Turret-On-Off_BW_Missiles_Only :: Gazz :: 4 :: 18/7/2018 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Weapon Select Extension 10 Guns :: WindsOfBoreas :: 2.xx :: 31/8/2009 :: Other :: Yes :: No
Improved Collect Flying Wares :: Binesi (fixed by Bergi9) :: 0.2 Fixed :: 17/7/2018 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
ADAMS - AAH :: Jeff :: 1 :: 3/11/2011 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Ship Browser :: Zanzal :: 1.2.1 for AP :: 25/6/2018 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Trade Overview :: ScRaT_GER :: 2.053 :: 10/7/2018 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Missile Data Display :: Gazz :: 1.03 - 22.01.12 :: 21/10/2012 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
E.S.T. :: Lucike :: 3.4.07 :: 28/6/2018 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Remove Rocks from Universe :: Graxster :: x :: 11/11/2012 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Bounce :: Litcube :: 1.7 :: 2/10/2012 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator :: alex2069 :: 2.51 :: 30/12/2009 :: Other :: Yes :: No
Wing hotkeys :: Cycrow :: 1.20 :: 09/06/2009 :: Ship Command :: Yes :: No
Wing Manager Plus v1.21[13-12-2010] :: Zypherg + vukica :: 1.21 :: 24/6/2018 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Rename Ships with Expression :: Medevel :: 3.4.1 :: 11/1/2015 :: Other :: Yes :: No
Ship Function Keys :: Lucike :: 3.4.02 :: 10/12/2020 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Automatic Target Recognition V3200 :: Lucike :: 3.2.00 :: 10/12/2020 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Equipment Manager :: Lucike :: 3.2.06 :: 11/12/2020 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Global Administration :: Lucike :: 3.1.06 :: 12/12/2020 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Add Station :: X2-Illuminatus :: 1.0 :: 17/12/2020 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Ship Services :: Terodil :: 1.0 :: 20/12/2020 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Dockware Manager :: Lucike :: 3.1.08 :: 30/12/2020 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Commodities Logistic :: Lucike :: 3.4.08 :: 4/1/2021 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Blueprint Manager :: Lucike :: 3.2.01 :: 9/1/2021 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Ship Tools :: Lucike :: 3.3.00 :: 9/1/2021 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Complex Planner :: Lucike :: 3.1.00 :: 9/1/2021 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Hot Sectors :: Lucike :: 3.1.04 :: 9/1/2021 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Docking Aid :: Lucike :: 3.alpha.04 :: 9/1/2021 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Military Transport :: Lucike :: 3.4.03 :: 18/1/2021 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
MEFOS :: Lucike :: 3.3.02 :: 18/1/2021 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Basic Salary :: Lucike :: 3.1.04 :: 18/1/2021 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Personnel Transporter :: Lucike :: 3.4.01 :: 19/1/2021 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
CODEA :: Lucike :: 3.4.00 :: 18/1/2021 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
Hangar Manager :: Lucike :: 3.1.02 :: 21/1/2021 :: Custom :: Yes :: No
I try to keep everything on PM but I am not sure if one sneaked in and is not on the list. Is there a way to generate a list directly from my game that shows which command slots are used and which are free?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [SCR][TC+AP] Customlog – editable player logbook (v1.0.2) [Update: 29th January 2021]

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 29. Jan 21, 21:42

According to Lucike's Command slot list his Ship Tools script uses Command_Type_Ship_26. That's a pity, but not the end of the world. I'll try to see what other command slot I can use and update my script in the next few days.

Edit: COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_53 still seems to be free.

Edit2: A super small update to make the above mentioned change of the Command slot. The script should be compatible with Ship Tools by Lucike now.

Mediafire.com link
Download v1.0.2

Brinnie
x3tc

Re: [SCR][TC+AP] Customlog – editable player logbook (v1.0.2) [Update: 29th January 2021]

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 30. Jan 21, 12:38

Thanks, I have installed the latest release and now the command shows up as it should.

You worked in SETA mode, I noticed you have even updated the list for the available commands on the forum.

Is there a way to see what slots are free in my game,that way (if it is not too complicated) I can check it before adding new scripts?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 1. Feb 21, 16:54

Thank you for comfirming that it works.

I don't think there's an easy way to check which command slots are still free. Looking into setup scripts and/or text files is probably the easiest to get an overview over which ones are used.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 1. Feb 21, 17:55

You are welcome, I have only gone as far as checking the command and looking through the menus. When I get to use the script's features, like setting other scripts to redirect their messages to it, I'll let you know if I run into issues.

I am guessing it is only the scripts that use commands slots that could cause conflicts, if that is the case it would make the task of checking through the directories somewhat easier.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”