Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

XenonArchitect7

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 21:50

It doesn't matter whether you build the PHQ or set up some MLCC ships first, LU is a sandbox. Shipbuilding at the PHQ isn't even needed. Since LU has so many ways to print endless money, I would even suggest just buying unequipped ships by the dozens from NPC shipyards and sending them all to your docks to be template outfitted and integrated into MLCC.

Not sure what you mean about automated shipbuilding. In LU you need to queue up all the ships in the PHQ build queue and then template outfit them once they are built. And since the LU player has infinite money, that is why I am saying you can also just skip this step and buy the ships instead. I do suggest having a SCH array that produces all your weapons and shields however.

ChuckyRocketson
x3ap

Post by ChuckyRocketson » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 02:20

...I've just discovered the player console and binding options... I did not know you had to bind a key to this feature (nor the others).. I must have missed on the website where it said that I need to bind keys for these features in the Controls menu or I'll never be able to use them

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 03:46

Zaitsev wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 00:19
The ATF ships roaming around is an LU thing as far as I know.
Damn it looks like I'm out of luck. Whathever may be messing with me it doesn't trigger at the beginning of the game.

Koumi
x3ap

Post by Koumi » Thu, 20. May 21, 19:19

Hello guys, is the cheat mod somewhat compatible with X3LU? I don't see it on the compatible mods for X3LU, and there's this terran station on Saturn 2's east door which kills me instantly everytime I enter the sector, and I don't want to **** my relationship with the terrans. There's also another station which bumps constantly with another one on Kuiper's belt, but that's not game breaking, just annoying. I've also lost a lot of ships I wanted to repair thanks to terran stations, and at the stage of the game I'm at (I don't have any SCH yet, just barely bought my HQ yesterday) it's somewhat ****** my progress

Also yes, I built those stations, I just built them on the beacons and I hadn't any problems till now

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 21. May 21, 16:50

Koumi wrote:
Thu, 20. May 21, 19:19
Hello guys, is the cheat mod somewhat compatible with X3LU? I don't see it on the compatible mods for X3LU, and there's this terran station on Saturn 2's east door which kills me instantly everytime I enter the sector, and I don't want to **** my relationship with the terrans. There's also another station which bumps constantly with another one on Kuiper's belt, but that's not game breaking, just annoying. I've also lost a lot of ships I wanted to repair thanks to terran stations, and at the stage of the game I'm at (I don't have any SCH yet, just barely bought my HQ yesterday) it's somewhat ****** my progress

Also yes, I built those stations, I just built them on the beacons and I hadn't any problems till now
From what I've seen the answer appears to be that the cheat package is partially compatible, but the part that deals with stations is broken/doesn't work and the risk of introducing potentially gamebreaking issues looks to be not zero.

A workaround would be to use the Quantum Jumpgate Extension and either jump to the center of Saturn 2, or send a scout in to drop a jump beacon and get in that way (you still need the Quantum Jumpgate Extension to use beacons btw). The scout will be safe as long as you stay out of the sector, as collisions are turned off everywhere except the sector the player is actually in. Other than that Terran stations are notorious ship killers due to their sheer size, and pretty much all you can do is suck it up and deal with it.

A veteran tip for later: Check the placement of stations before you drop them, to make sure they don't collide with other stations or block gates. The nav beacons tend to end up in positions that make me think the pilot went on a two week space fuel bender and then smoked himself into the 12th dimension on space weed, so I always double check to see if the placement works or if the pillock - pardon, pilot (well ... script, techically) who placed it had been bar hopping again. The mission will still complete even if you don't drop the station directly on the beacon, and at this point I'm fairly certain the game will give you your reward as long as you get the sector right. Personally I tend to drop the station near the beacon for roleplay reasons, but you got a lot of leeway regardless.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Koumi
x3ap

Post by Koumi » Mon, 24. May 21, 19:13

Zaitsev wrote:
Fri, 21. May 21, 16:50
The nav beacons tend to end up in positions that make me think the pilot went on a two week space fuel bender and then smoked himself into the 12th dimension on space weed
This made me chuckle, thanks for that

Using a jump beacon seems like a great workaround, I don't know why I didn't thought of this before, maybe I'm the one who''s into space weed

The good news for me is that one of the stations that is ****** me seems to be receiving damage from the gate (I guess the game considers the gate as an infinite hp station?) so I was planning on sitting on that sector until the station is destroyed once I'm done with getting money for this SCH

Thanks for the help, and I guess I will be more careful

Heagl
xr

Post by Heagl » Sat, 3. Jul 21, 09:45

Hello there,
Sooo after some time playing around with the normal litcube's universe i decided to play around with some scripts and the cockpit mod. Since the installation of either Anarkis Defence System or the Mk3 Improvement Scripts i somehow can't get any of my ships to auto jump.... Anybody here knows a way of how to fix this?

KTV
x4

Post by KTV » Tue, 6. Jul 21, 23:10

First, thanks for a wonderful mod.

Then a few question:
- is there a point in equiping the fighters in a carrier with a jumpdrive?

Also, When do you use Snotras? Is it worth it:
- as UT
- as courrier?
- as freighter?
- as agent?

Can you take sectors? Like pirate ones for example? Is there a point?

Thanks

K

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 14:23

KTV wrote:
Tue, 6. Jul 21, 23:10
First, thanks for a wonderful mod.

Then a few question:
- is there a point in equiping the fighters in a carrier with a jumpdrive?

Also, When do you use Snotras? Is it worth it:
- as UT
- as courrier?
- as freighter?
- as agent?

Can you take sectors? Like pirate ones for example? Is there a point?

Thanks

K
I would say there's not really any point in equipping carrier fighters with a jump drive. It's extra cost and extra logistics for very little gain.

Personally I use a Snotra as a reaper shuttle, as they are the second fastest and most heavily shielded TS. This means they can get in, scoop up loot in a hurry and get out, and has a beter chance of surviving the odd Xenon or Pirate patrol if they run into one. For UTs they're probably a bit of a waste, as cargo space isn't that important and you're giving the job to a 35 million heavy TS when a ~10 million Vulture Advanced can do the same job just as well. Generally, if you need something big moved in a hurry, and the extra shielding might be a plus, go for it. If not there's probably an option that can do the same job for less money.

As for claiming sectors - Nope. No can do. Mayhem, which is a total conversion LU mod, is the way to go if you want to conquer the galaxy. Mayhem 2 keeps most of the LU mechanics, but also introduce things like resource management and having to fight wars to stay alive and grow your empire. Mayhem 3 is a completely different beast, and introduce a randomly generated galaxy as well as simplifying the economy and introducing a lot more strategic elements. Personally I feel it deviates too much from the core game, but I do know a lot of other people enjoy it.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

KTV
x4

Post by KTV » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 17:35

Zaitsev wrote:
Wed, 7. Jul 21, 14:23

I would say there's not really any point in equipping carrier fighters with a jump drive. It's extra cost and extra logistics for very little gain.

Personally I use a Snotra as a reaper shuttle, as they are the second fastest and most heavily shielded TS. This means they can get in, scoop up loot in a hurry and get out, and has a beter chance of surviving the odd Xenon or Pirate patrol if they run into one. For UTs they're probably a bit of a waste, as cargo space isn't that important and you're giving the job to a 35 million heavy TS when a ~10 million Vulture Advanced can do the same job just as well. Generally, if you need something big moved in a hurry, and the extra shielding might be a plus, go for it. If not there's probably an option that can do the same job for less money.

As for claiming sectors - Nope. No can do. Mayhem, which is a total conversion LU mod, is the way to go if you want to conquer the galaxy. Mayhem 2 keeps most of the LU mechanics, but also introduce things like resource management and having to fight wars to stay alive and grow your empire. Mayhem 3 is a completely different beast, and introduce a randomly generated galaxy as well as simplifying the economy and introducing a lot more strategic elements. Personally I feel it deviates too much from the core game, but I do know a lot of other people enjoy it.
Thanks for your answer, I gave Mayehm a short try then decided to learn litcube well before moving there =)

KTV
x4

Post by KTV » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 18:01

i was wrong

X-Fighter
x4

Post by X-Fighter » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 02:10

Quick question:

Is Litcube (the person) still around?

I found a series of smaller bugs in the LU code and fixed them for me locally but would like to contribute my fixes back to the project. However he has not responded to forum messages/emails in a week so I'm wondering whether he just stopped interacting with the community.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 04:48

You can post your fixes in the topic here with a description. No one forbids this. He's been gone for a long time ...
Others will thank you for the corrections. :)

X-Fighter
x4

Post by X-Fighter » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 10:32

alexalsp wrote:
Mon, 12. Jul 21, 04:48
You can post your fixes in the topic here with a description. No one forbids this. He's been gone for a long time ...
Others will thank you for the corrections.
That's a good suggestion.
All my fixes so far are here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... lFor-CZ5uc

What was fixed:

Dock & Station Agent
The DockAgent and StationAgent would never properly flee during an attack and after docking at a safe station resume their work. The code for that was just not there/half-written and then forgotten.

I fixed it by using the same behavior the Phanon trading ships use.

ColourShipNames
Also the utility script to color ship names had a subtle bug where the “*h” name replacement pattern for the homebase never worked. This did not affect normal use but for other scripts that tried to use this, it did not work.

lilchan1
x4

Post by lilchan1 » Fri, 27. Aug 21, 14:34

TY so much for this mod, Been enjoying the content!

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 19:40

Is there anyway to find out which sectors are rich in Nividium debris? I've already used the tractor system to condense every asteroid in the universe into a single debris field and I think I'm close to having mined it dry.

edit: yup, it's gone. No more nividium. I guess 400 pirate falcon miners was excessive? Moved on to ice.

Also check out the results of building a 360 ring of fire on black hole suns north gate

https://i.imgur.com/Mq7WNo4.png

dfermaut
x3fl

Post by dfermaut » Mon, 15. Nov 21, 12:20

Hello
Sorry if the question have already been ask but I don't have find anything about !
On a base of X3 AP unpatch from steam(bought some weeks ago),
I've install
X3AP_3.3_nonsteam
LitcubesUniverseV1.7.1.exe
LitcubesUniversePatchV1.7.2.exe

The game could be launch but evrywhere in the laucher screen it's written =Text|DNotFound=
The message also are like that !

So it start from that and so SWLU doesn'y work properly

Is there a solution ?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 15. Nov 21, 14:22

http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... stallation

http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/index.php/Download

Base Install
Read and follow the installation guide carefully.

Litcube's Universe V1.7.1

Change log
Patch

Litcube's Universe Patch V1.7.2

Change log
Export/Import Package

Litcube's Universe Export/Import Package V2.2.6

Change log
Soundtrack
Litcube's Universe Soundtrack V1.2.1
GUI Installer
This is an optional package that changes your GUI, if you'd like to try a different one.

Includes Litcube's GUIs and TrixX's LU GUIs.

GUI Installer V1.2.7

After that, install SWLU

If you have no text, then the mod was installed incorrectly.

The language of the game must be English.

dfermaut
x3fl

Post by dfermaut » Mon, 15. Nov 21, 15:01

Thanks for the answer !
The game was in French ! I check where to change that tonight and try another time !
BR

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 15. Nov 21, 18:31

dfermaut wrote:
Mon, 15. Nov 21, 15:01
Thanks for the answer !
The game was in French ! I check where to change that tonight and try another time !
BR
addon\lang.dat

Open the file and write 44 instead of 33

Or, alternatively, translate LU and LUSW into French.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”