Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

a_neobum
x3ap

Dockware Manager can only source from Docks and SCH's?

Post by a_neobum » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 22:01

I posted this question as a stand-alone thread here and was promptly advised by user XenonArchitect7 that Litcube-related questions go in this thread.

My original question was:
Have I understood correctly that the Dockware Manager is only compatible with other Docks and Saturn Complex Hubs and not with normal Complex Hubs? In other words: can a normal Complex Hub be set as a Source of resources for - for example - the Player Headquarters, via its Dockware Manager?

If not, is it possible to re-label normal Complex Hubs (or any non-Dock-type stations) as Docks in order to get access to this functionality?
I realize it's somewhat ambiguous so I'll try to clarify:

Can a regular Factory be assigned as a ware Source in a Dock's Dockware Manager?

I understand the distinction between Docks and Factories; I am not asking whether factories can have Dockware Managers. I understand that they can not.
I am familiar with Couriers; I am asking this question specifically because I don't want to have to manually set up an inferior version of an automated system that Docks + Dockware Managers + Freighters already provide.

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 08:11

Not 100% sure since i don't play LU anymore.

But my guess is that it's not possible. LU is balanced around much higher ship prices. That's the reason why Saturn Complex Hubs exist. These are essentially a tiny box you can cramp thousands of factories inside. You need this kind of industrial power to get anything done. Individual factories and traditional Complexes are basically useless because way too smol. So it doesn't make much sense to set them as a source.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 11:03

Szynszyl wrote:
Thu, 24. Dec 20, 23:28
Hello,
I have question about ships in xsp format. I know that they are made for X3 Reunion but there is any way to edit it to work with X3 AP with LU? If i good remember they have wrong laser configuration but i think that can be ediuted in Plugin Manager Lite
Can anyone answer me?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 01:12

Szynszyl wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 11:03
Szynszyl wrote:
Thu, 24. Dec 20, 23:28
Hello,
I have question about ships in xsp format. I know that they are made for X3 Reunion but there is any way to edit it to work with X3 AP with LU? If i good remember they have wrong laser configuration but i think that can be ediuted in Plugin Manager Lite
Can anyone answer me?
The answer is "possibly, but it's going to take a lot of work and the potential for screwups is definitely there."

Not 100% sure if the Plugin Manager and LU will play ball in this case, so to be on the safe side you will most likely have to port the ships manually. This means extracting the content of the xsp file, then make edits so the game can make sense of the ship, get cockpits sorted and allow it to use weapons (which can break the ship if you don't do it properly, and is hell to fix), before finally compiling the whole thing and hope it works as intended. Not to mention that you have to make a separate script to make the ship appear in shipyards, or spawn it via the script engine.

Another forum member made a ship porting guide way back in the day, but it's over 11 years old at this point and most likely at least partially outdated. If you still want to give it a shot regardless, here's a link.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

wsuwarrior080112
x3ap

Post by wsuwarrior080112 » Mon, 8. Mar 21, 01:23

Tried getting into this mod but the fire rate of the ships is too much to overcome. All the weapons fire as if they are out of energy modern pc's should be able to handle increased fire rates without issue. Interesting idea but a terrible execution of a core game mechanic.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 01:02

Yep, the weapon balance makes Litcube terrible for dogfighting and flying your own ship. Sure, we have modern PCs, but X3 is not a modern game :mrgreen: . If you are able to migrate from the single-ship focus of X3AP to the fleet-based focus of LU, you will find that the massive fleet battles that LU has simply can't be replicated by vanilla. Vanilla might be lucky to have a dozen ships in combat at once versus LU's literal hundreds. It's a tradeoff that you as a player need to make.

If you are playing the SWLU mod, there is a "vanilla combat balance" patch available on that mod's Discord that does exactly what it says. However because LU combat always involves lots of ships, it makes the game lag out and generally unplayable.

Dogfighting is also NOT a core mechanic in LU.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 11:20

Also remember the game cant access all of the modern hardware available. Most of the cpu power in modern computers comes in the form of multiple cores, which the game cant use. Nor can it use more than 4GB RAM

Hnaaki
x4

Post by Hnaaki » Wed, 10. Mar 21, 11:54

Cycrow, when you and the other awesome modders of X3 gunna work your magic on X4?? Needs some love bad.

Have you tried it is the base game too simple to bother with (less features than X3 etc.)??

Love how you guys still supporting some of your mods after all this time.

ollobrains
x2

Post by ollobrains » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 00:13

id like to see egosoft open source x3 eventually that would really allow some serious changes and then modding

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 11:18

ollobrains wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 00:13
id like to see egosoft open source x3 eventually that would really allow some serious changes and then modding
I dont think they will do that, even though they could for the older games. I guess even those let them earn some €.
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

ollobrains
x2

Post by ollobrains » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 15:48

Retrox wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 11:18
ollobrains wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 00:13
I dont think they will do that, even though they could for the older games. I guess even those let them earn some €.
or at least if its selling well do an update to allow it to use GPU at least and maybe more than 4gb of memory

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 18:03

Using GPU is not just a flag you turn on and off, it requires some heavy work, and IMHO, Egosoft is better at focusing on X4. More memory, in the current state of the game, is useless. That's not the problem.
And about the open source, only companies that bankrupt do that; X3 still sells, and is still a great game. It would make no sense to open source a game that is no longer modded today. The only game they could open source without risking too much is X1. But they were not indie at this time and THQ probably have all the rights (just an assumption), and absolutely no one would be interested, other than developers, for educational purpose.
Open source is never the magic perfect solution.

srobbyroy
x4

Post by srobbyroy » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 16:58

Started a new game using Litcubes Uni. along with Mayhem 2**. Not sure if I missed something on the install or not. Everything works fine except the shipyards has no ships or factories for sale and there isn't anything in the trade stations. All other factories are normal. Any help is appreciated.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 17:31

If I remember correctly, all ships are sold and manufactured only in sanctuaris.

Mayhem 2

srobbyroy
x4

Post by srobbyroy » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 17:48

Is that where factories are purchased also?

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 21:51

srobbyroy wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 17:48
Mayhem is an entirely different mod than LU. A lot of game mechanics are different. You need to go to the Mayhem forum thread and specify you are playing Mayhem 2. To answer your question, factories must be constructed at your sanctuaries.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 02:34

XenonArchitect7 wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 21:51
srobbyroy wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 17:48
Mayhem is an entirely different mod than LU. A lot of game mechanics are different. You need to go to the Mayhem forum thread and specify you are playing Mayhem 2. To answer your question, factories must be constructed at your sanctuaries.
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=381503

srobbyroy
x4

Post by srobbyroy » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 21:20

Thanks everyone for your help

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 18:11

There's something messing with my save (which is fairly obvious when I end up with NPCs in terran stations trying to sell me an used mammoth).
I've been using only three mods on top of LU and, as far as know, all three should be safe: Mk3 Improvement Reloaded Reloaded, Satellites Monitoring and Marine Repairs and Training.
Is one of them known to cause issue?

While I haven't reached that point in my current playthrough I remember in the previous one some massive stutter while ships were undocking from my carrier (for a M2+ loaded with M6s it could take few minutes). Is there a way to activate some sort of logging? If I can spot the script that returns multiple errors per seconds when that happens I may very well find the culprit.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 20:14

Marine Repairs and Training is not safe.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”