Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Waterpls
xr

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by Waterpls » Sun, 19. Jul 20, 06:39

Hello.
I have a question about soundtrack. In some sectors music just incredible. Antigone Memorial, Bluish Snout. How can i find files with that music? Or names of tracks.
P.S. I am playing Mayhem 3, not sure if its relevant.

qg46
x4

Post by qg46 » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 10:27

I can't download this mod, please check base mod download link

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 00:18

qg46 wrote:
Sat, 1. Aug 20, 10:27
I can't download this mod, please check base mod download link
http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/index.php/Download

All downloaded normally.

aksonometrya
xr

Post by aksonometrya » Sun, 18. Oct 20, 20:19

Hello!

I have 1.7.2 LU + steam 3.3 X3AP + 3.3 nosteam exe without any mods.

Аfter three days in game I noticed that my ship's autosupply is free ( ships ignore reputation and pay no money for autobuing missiles and drones). Has anyone a similar problem ?

I will be grateful for your answers!

s17speedex
x3ap

Post by s17speedex » Sat, 24. Oct 20, 12:15

Annual X3LU playthrough:
No Universal Traders until Player Headquarters is acquired.

Step:1) cap ships and get set up ROF in Argon space to gain rep.

2)Buy/use FR miners (Sector CBSE) to slowly mine, sell manually. Collect more abandon ships.

3)Buy TL, as miner ships Home Base. Begin buying M5 miners from Seizwell.       Disclaimer: Until this playthrough, I had always built an M3 mining fleet using chimeras. For 150ish M3's with 5 lasers + dedicated TL =~ 1B credits per fleet. 4 lasers on the M5's + TL +~ .5B credits. I'm going cost-effective this round because I can build two fleets for the cost of one -20% efficiency.

4) As credits roll in from selling minerals buy two Argon trading stations. Use a courier from every TL back to the trading stations. Split crystals to drop to one and minerals/ore to the other. (dock agents will actually sell your black and white crystals this way   ). Collect more abandon ships.

4.5) buy an M7 with hanger space to transport new mining ships. Collect more abandon ships.

5) As the fleet grows drop ore and silicone off at PH instead of selling. At 5-7 fleets you will saturate the nividium market. Dump to a dedicated TL and add to a spare courier route to deliver to trading stations (otherwise, all the dock agents will fill with nividium that that has no market). Collect more abandon ships.

Tip- once the TL's mining ship special command "carrier" has been initiated there will be lag for a few seconds. Too big of fleets make's this get worse fast. I stick with < 200 miners and that lags for ~30 seconds. (AMD 1700X CPU)

Tip- once carrier fleet is initiated tell the TL to "follow" one of the miners. This keeps the fleet together and no (terrible) loss off of M5's flying back to unload half their life from spreading all over.

Tip-buying high shield mining M3/M4/M5's are not worth it..... they will all get wiped out if the sector is invaded. Have ROF and a battle fleet ready. More importantly, mine-in as safe of sectors as you see fit.

At this point, I'm 20 ships into my second fleet and two small ROF's I keep maintaining. 4 days, 22hrs w/ sata and with satellite monitor network mod. Credits are steady but capping M3's or better is still worth the time. After the second fleet is up and running I'll focus on PH and Ut's.
Last edited by s17speedex on Sat, 24. Oct 20, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
X3 LUV

s17speedex
x3ap

Post by s17speedex » Sat, 24. Oct 20, 12:26

aksonometrya
Are the costs being charged to the ship's home base?
X3 LUV

aksonometrya
xr

Post by aksonometrya » Sat, 24. Oct 20, 15:55

s17speedex wrote:
Sat, 24. Oct 20, 12:26
aksonometrya
Are the costs being charged to the ship's home base?
I have no bases. Even if I start a new game, the same thing happens during the first connection to the station (Argon equipment dock in Argon Prime)

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 13. Nov 20, 15:18

Does anyone know which script controls the CCDS Mk 1/2/3 chaff missle intercept chances?

According to LU wiki the defaults are roughly 77%/89%/100% with a slight randomness mixed in.

Edit: nevermind. Think i found it in script "Lib.Cmd.FireChaff.Check"

StarrySpelunker
x3ap

Post by StarrySpelunker » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 18:56

Okay made an account to ask this. Very odd bug. Never seen this before.

Version: UTD Litcube w/ Joubarbe's satellite monitoring script

Damyath advanced
time: about 1d 12h
Paranid rep: 4, 34%
system: Cardinal's domain

Despite having positive paranid rep, I am having difficulty claiming ships in this sector.

when I claim the [random assorted dead pirate fighters] the Paranid task force Zeus in the area immediately turns hostile and attacks me. None of its owned ships or any other ships turn hostile. just the Zeus.

I can say weapons fire was in error(there was no weapons fire?) Had not even started to repair said ship. but the Zeus rejects it. It then will proceed to track down and destroy the claimed ship.

It does not attack my personal ship(not claimed) which is strange.

After destroying the offending ship, the zeus turns white.

-------------------------------------------------

There is one hostile factory in-sector(Phanon--TandiTech) But I have not bothered attacking any Phanon ships or stations as of yet in this playthrough.

The only ship that has knowingly traveled through this sector is a single m5 running explorer software.

anyone know how to fix the bugged npc?(assuming this is a bug) OR has claiming somehow become illegal in JUST that sector.

:Nova
xr

Post by :Nova » Tue, 8. Dec 20, 18:31

StarrySpelunker wrote:
Wed, 25. Nov 20, 18:56
when I claim the [random assorted dead pirate fighters] the Paranid task force Zeus in the area immediately turns hostile and attacks me. None of its owned ships or any other ships turn hostile. just the Zeus.
Is it possible that the ship you've captured has illegal goods in its cargo bay (e.g. space fuel)? If it does that will explain why the Zeus turns hostile, and then goes back to friendly once the ship (and thus the illegal goods) is destroyed. Try capturing the ship and ejecting any illegal cargo straight away.

Crellion
x3tc

Post by Crellion » Wed, 9. Dec 20, 10:45

Hey friends! I played a few days whilst ommiting to delete the bonus package before installing. Have not seen any adverse effects in the Universe but from the olden days I fear I amy see sectors filled with mammoths before long so I would love to redo the install. The million dollar question is: will I be able to keep the save game (in principle, no guaranties asked)?

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Fri, 11. Dec 20, 00:44

At the very least you'll want to do an E/I.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Thu, 24. Dec 20, 19:58

Waterpls wrote:
Sun, 19. Jul 20, 06:39
Hello.
I have a question about soundtrack. In some sectors music just incredible. Antigone Memorial, Bluish Snout. How can i find files with that music? Or names of tracks.
P.S. I am playing Mayhem 3, not sure if its relevant.
The soundtrack folder in the game install folder follows the pattern "80{X - 1}0{Y - 1}" where X is the sector position on the horizontal axis and Y is the sector position on the vertical axis. For example "80000" = Kingdom End, "80100" = Rolk's Drift, "80200" = Queen's Space, "80001" = Three Worlds, "80101" = Power Circle.

With this data, you should be able to find any sector. So as an example, Antigone Memorial which you listed would be "80201" where it's the third sector to the right and the second second down.

OR you could download the star wars mod. It's a lot of data just for a list, but the music is labeled with the sector name in the soundtrack folder. That can be your reference for which file names go to which sectors. A very helpful list indeed.

EDIT: The numbers I've provided won't align to the same sector names in Mayhem 3 vs vanilla or LU because Mayhem 3 uses a randomly generated universe. So Kingdom End is most likely not "80000" for you. But the same pattern holds.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Thu, 24. Dec 20, 23:28

Hello,
I have question about ships in xsp format. I know that they are made for X3 Reunion but there is any way to edit it to work with X3 AP with LU? If i good remember they have wrong laser configuration but i think that can be ediuted in Plugin Manager Lite

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sun, 27. Dec 20, 10:44

Anyone?

a_neobum
x3ap

Dockware Manager can only source from Docks and SCH's?

Post by a_neobum » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 22:01

I posted this question as a stand-alone thread here and was promptly advised by user XenonArchitect7 that Litcube-related questions go in this thread.

My original question was:
Have I understood correctly that the Dockware Manager is only compatible with other Docks and Saturn Complex Hubs and not with normal Complex Hubs? In other words: can a normal Complex Hub be set as a Source of resources for - for example - the Player Headquarters, via its Dockware Manager?

If not, is it possible to re-label normal Complex Hubs (or any non-Dock-type stations) as Docks in order to get access to this functionality?
I realize it's somewhat ambiguous so I'll try to clarify:

Can a regular Factory be assigned as a ware Source in a Dock's Dockware Manager?

I understand the distinction between Docks and Factories; I am not asking whether factories can have Dockware Managers. I understand that they can not.
I am familiar with Couriers; I am asking this question specifically because I don't want to have to manually set up an inferior version of an automated system that Docks + Dockware Managers + Freighters already provide.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 08:11

Not 100% sure since i don't play LU anymore.

But my guess is that it's not possible. LU is balanced around much higher ship prices. That's the reason why Saturn Complex Hubs exist. These are essentially a tiny box you can cramp thousands of factories inside. You need this kind of industrial power to get anything done. Individual factories and traditional Complexes are basically useless because way too smol. So it doesn't make much sense to set them as a source.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 11:03

Szynszyl wrote:
Thu, 24. Dec 20, 23:28
Hello,
I have question about ships in xsp format. I know that they are made for X3 Reunion but there is any way to edit it to work with X3 AP with LU? If i good remember they have wrong laser configuration but i think that can be ediuted in Plugin Manager Lite
Can anyone answer me?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 01:12

Szynszyl wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 11:03
Szynszyl wrote:
Thu, 24. Dec 20, 23:28
Hello,
Can anyone answer me?
The answer is "possibly, but it's going to take a lot of work and the potential for screwups is definitely there."

Not 100% sure if the Plugin Manager and LU will play ball in this case, so to be on the safe side you will most likely have to port the ships manually. This means extracting the content of the xsp file, then make edits so the game can make sense of the ship, get cockpits sorted and allow it to use weapons (which can break the ship if you don't do it properly, and is hell to fix), before finally compiling the whole thing and hope it works as intended. Not to mention that you have to make a separate script to make the ship appear in shipyards, or spawn it via the script engine.

Another forum member made a ship porting guide way back in the day, but it's over 11 years old at this point and most likely at least partially outdated. If you still want to give it a shot regardless, here's a link.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

wsuwarrior080112
x3ap

Post by wsuwarrior080112 » Mon, 8. Mar 21, 01:23

Tried getting into this mod but the fire rate of the ships is too much to overcome. All the weapons fire as if they are out of energy modern pc's should be able to handle increased fire rates without issue. Interesting idea but a terrible execution of a core game mechanic.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”