Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

XenonArchitect7

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 21:51

srobbyroy wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 17:48
Is that where factories are purchased also?
Mayhem is an entirely different mod than LU. A lot of game mechanics are different. You need to go to the Mayhem forum thread and specify you are playing Mayhem 2. To answer your question, factories must be constructed at your sanctuaries.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 02:34

XenonArchitect7 wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 21:51
srobbyroy wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 17:48
Is that where factories are purchased also?
Mayhem is an entirely different mod than LU. A lot of game mechanics are different. You need to go to the Mayhem forum thread and specify you are playing Mayhem 2. To answer your question, factories must be constructed at your sanctuaries.
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=381503

srobbyroy
x4

Post by srobbyroy » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 21:20

Thanks everyone for your help

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 18:11

There's something messing with my save (which is fairly obvious when I end up with NPCs in terran stations trying to sell me an used mammoth).
I've been using only three mods on top of LU and, as far as know, all three should be safe: Mk3 Improvement Reloaded Reloaded, Satellites Monitoring and Marine Repairs and Training.
Is one of them known to cause issue?

While I haven't reached that point in my current playthrough I remember in the previous one some massive stutter while ships were undocking from my carrier (for a M2+ loaded with M6s it could take few minutes). Is there a way to activate some sort of logging? If I can spot the script that returns multiple errors per seconds when that happens I may very well find the culprit.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 20:14

Marine Repairs and Training is not safe.

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 21:36

Ah damn. Thank you Joubarbe.

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 21:18

I switched Marine Repairs and Training for the Repair Laser Rate Pack, made a new clean install, started a new playthrough, I didn't install the Plugin Manager nor the Bonus Pack and yet I ended up with an ATF Mapping Service Mammoth.
Any idea for a possible cause?

Rothank
x4

Post by Rothank » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 13:41

What are the chances LU will be compatible with X3: Farnham's Legacy?
Image Image

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 09:56

Rothank wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 13:41
What are the chances LU will be compatible with X3: Farnham's Legacy?
There are no plans at current to support it. The porting effort would likely be immense and if I understand the gameplay of the new product correctly; it may not even make sense to port.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 02:59

As I'm still trying to find what could be messing with my save I noticed ATF ships in Teladi space. Is that a LU thing or can I assume that's a side effect of whathever is the cause of my problems?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 00:19

Huillam wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 02:59
As I'm still trying to find what could be messing with my save I noticed ATF ships in Teladi space. Is that a LU thing or can I assume that's a side effect of whathever is the cause of my problems?
The ATF ships roaming around is an LU thing as far as I know.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

ChuckyRocketson
x3ap

Post by ChuckyRocketson » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 09:40

Man, this mod is awesome. I only played X3:TC for about a week before I found this. Now it's been another week.

I had to disable Phanon Corp and Revelation because things were a little too high pressure for me. I was still learning the game.
I've amassed a small fleet of around 10 offensive ships and wing'd them up all with jump drives. I try to keep anything under 25,000 Kj out of my wings because they'll just die as soon as a fight is engaged. I've got mainly M3's in my wings. I've got 13 UT's making their rounds and 5 stations up making profits. My main ship is an Albion Pride. Its being used mainly for collecting wares in sectors that have lots of enemy activity, like atreus' clouds and scale plate green.
I then ran into an abandoned Tyr in some eastern sector! I gleefully claimed it and spent 2+ hours repairing it with an object on my mouse button, after giving it a jump drive and making it sit still in Argon Prime. Some big ship did wind up colliding with something and exploding during this time, but oh well :p.

So I experimented a bit by doing combat missions with my Tyr in the sector along with my small fleet to success. Then I got a little ballsy and hit up a pirate sector, Veil of Delusion just to see what would happen. I could always load back my save and not continue that route ya know?

Anyways, I begin to destroy about 25 ships in the sector, I lose a few, and head straight for their shipyard to destroy it. It was interesting watching a bunch of ships undock from the station as it's under attack. Eventually they all die along with the shipyard. It was my first time ever attacking a station..intentionally.

Then I saw there was a pirate mining outpost and a rehab center in the sector and nothing else. So I made my way towards the nearest one, the mining outpost.
Oh boy! I did not know you get the loot the station was holding on to! Thousands of crystals and minerals to sell!
So now I have 130,000,000+ credits, which is way past anything I've had so far, although that Tyr I found I believe is worth over half a billion.. I dont plan on selling it for now unless I see a better opportunity.

I've had a minor mining operation going a couple sectors over in Thyn's Excavation. I manually scanned some roids until I found some Nividium (one roid showed 22 Yield! Been sucking on it for days now with 3 miners, 1200+ nividium from it so far)

Just wanted to leave some feedback of my experience so far. I'm loving it. Debating if I should turn phanon corp back on. I might be ready now.

https://i.imgur.com/ippmlEw.png

edit: I want to start utilizing MLCC. Instructions say to install this on a Dock. Does this mean an Equipment Dock station?
Last edited by Terre on Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 02:52

ChuckyRocketson wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 09:40
I want to start utilizing MLCC. Instructions say to install this on a Dock. Does this mean an Equipment Dock station?
MLCC is quite awesome, much more advanced than wings. You will need any "dock", which means a station that isn't a factory. Trade stations are good for starting out with a few M6, and equipment docks work too. Eventually you will need the OTAS Starliner dock, which docks 9 capitals each. You should also seek out a station that can hold infinite M6, such as the Boron Equipment Dock.

It doesn't really matter what station you use or how many you have in your MLCC network, but I strongly discourage you from putting MLCC on your player headquarters (PHQ). The reason is that MLCC will automatically override the dockware manager based on your ship resupply settings and players usually want their PHQ dockware manager to be set up for shipbuilding material imports.

ChuckyRocketson
x3ap

Post by ChuckyRocketson » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 06:16

Should I set up a PHQ before venturing into MLCC then, since what it sounds like is, I must have ship building materials in order for the MLCC software to generate ships?

Edit: Alright, so I've made a PHQ, a Trading Station and an Equipment Dock in sector. I figured out how to install MLCC onto the equipment dock. Do I now need a station agent for the equipment dock in order to unlock the features for automated ship building?

Here's what I'm working with: https://i.imgur.com/94fbFt2.png

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 21:50

It doesn't matter whether you build the PHQ or set up some MLCC ships first, LU is a sandbox. Shipbuilding at the PHQ isn't even needed. Since LU has so many ways to print endless money, I would even suggest just buying unequipped ships by the dozens from NPC shipyards and sending them all to your docks to be template outfitted and integrated into MLCC.

Not sure what you mean about automated shipbuilding. In LU you need to queue up all the ships in the PHQ build queue and then template outfit them once they are built. And since the LU player has infinite money, that is why I am saying you can also just skip this step and buy the ships instead. I do suggest having a SCH array that produces all your weapons and shields however.

ChuckyRocketson
x3ap

Post by ChuckyRocketson » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 02:20

...I've just discovered the player console and binding options... I did not know you had to bind a key to this feature (nor the others).. I must have missed on the website where it said that I need to bind keys for these features in the Controls menu or I'll never be able to use them

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 03:46

Zaitsev wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 00:19
The ATF ships roaming around is an LU thing as far as I know.
Damn it looks like I'm out of luck. Whathever may be messing with me it doesn't trigger at the beginning of the game.

Koumi
x3ap

Post by Koumi » Thu, 20. May 21, 19:19

Hello guys, is the cheat mod somewhat compatible with X3LU? I don't see it on the compatible mods for X3LU, and there's this terran station on Saturn 2's east door which kills me instantly everytime I enter the sector, and I don't want to **** my relationship with the terrans. There's also another station which bumps constantly with another one on Kuiper's belt, but that's not game breaking, just annoying. I've also lost a lot of ships I wanted to repair thanks to terran stations, and at the stage of the game I'm at (I don't have any SCH yet, just barely bought my HQ yesterday) it's somewhat ****** my progress

Also yes, I built those stations, I just built them on the beacons and I hadn't any problems till now

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 21. May 21, 16:50

Koumi wrote:
Thu, 20. May 21, 19:19
Hello guys, is the cheat mod somewhat compatible with X3LU? I don't see it on the compatible mods for X3LU, and there's this terran station on Saturn 2's east door which kills me instantly everytime I enter the sector, and I don't want to **** my relationship with the terrans. There's also another station which bumps constantly with another one on Kuiper's belt, but that's not game breaking, just annoying. I've also lost a lot of ships I wanted to repair thanks to terran stations, and at the stage of the game I'm at (I don't have any SCH yet, just barely bought my HQ yesterday) it's somewhat ****** my progress

Also yes, I built those stations, I just built them on the beacons and I hadn't any problems till now
From what I've seen the answer appears to be that the cheat package is partially compatible, but the part that deals with stations is broken/doesn't work and the risk of introducing potentially gamebreaking issues looks to be not zero.

A workaround would be to use the Quantum Jumpgate Extension and either jump to the center of Saturn 2, or send a scout in to drop a jump beacon and get in that way (you still need the Quantum Jumpgate Extension to use beacons btw). The scout will be safe as long as you stay out of the sector, as collisions are turned off everywhere except the sector the player is actually in. Other than that Terran stations are notorious ship killers due to their sheer size, and pretty much all you can do is suck it up and deal with it.

A veteran tip for later: Check the placement of stations before you drop them, to make sure they don't collide with other stations or block gates. The nav beacons tend to end up in positions that make me think the pilot went on a two week space fuel bender and then smoked himself into the 12th dimension on space weed, so I always double check to see if the placement works or if the pillock - pardon, pilot (well ... script, techically) who placed it had been bar hopping again. The mission will still complete even if you don't drop the station directly on the beacon, and at this point I'm fairly certain the game will give you your reward as long as you get the sector right. Personally I tend to drop the station near the beacon for roleplay reasons, but you got a lot of leeway regardless.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”