Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Litcube
xr

Litcube's Universe

Post by Litcube » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 10:57

Last edited by Litcube on Fri, 26. Jan 18, 13:30, edited 13 times in total.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 11:40

I've read through the wiki page and it's fantastic!

Since your goal is to make the game livelier (OCV and Phanon), is Shush's LIFE script compatible with the mod?

It sounds like a perfect addition to it.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 19:00

Looks great Litcube. Willing to give any hints about when the public download will be available? I am looking forward to seeing your vision of a complete Universe with an actual end game.

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 03:14

Man... i cry... :o

:D
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 04:01

Boringnick wrote:I've read through the wiki page and it's fantastic!

Since your goal is to make the game livelier (OCV and Phanon), is Shush's LIFE script compatible with the mod?

It sounds like a perfect addition to it.
I've never installed that package before, so I wouldn't know. That would be my default answer to any questions regarding compatibility. The other play testers (Bullwinkle, Sinnerman, etc.) might be able to tell you more.

Here's the thing: LU is very different from the vanilla system. The scripts and mods made in this forum assume that they're being installed on a vanilla system.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 04:02

zanzal wrote:Looks great Litcube. Willing to give any hints about when the public download will be available? I am looking forward to seeing your vision of a complete Universe with an actual end game.
It's coming within the month. Probably closer to three weeks.

KRJ
x2

Post by KRJ » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 05:00

:D
sounds awesome

PS took me forever to remember my username for this forum :?
I'm a long time user and player just want to say how much I appreciate the hard work you put into this and the other stuff you have done this series has been an old friend I keep going back to :)

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 12:47

Four new pages added to the wiki:

Jumpgate Quantifier

Quickshuttles

GUI

Hotkeys
Last edited by Litcube on Mon, 28. Apr 14, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 17:31

ah yes - looks like I checked back in with the x universe at the right time!

shualim
x3tc

Post by shualim » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 20:53

Good time to check back. looks interesting. waiting for rls.

ALien8ed
x4

Post by ALien8ed » Thu, 24. Apr 14, 07:51

The wiki sure has got me excited.

Sounds fantastic and am really looking forward to giving it a go... :D

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 24. Apr 14, 11:40

Added to wiki:

Pathfinding
Last edited by Litcube on Mon, 28. Apr 14, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Thu, 24. Apr 14, 14:55

Reading the wiki pages, it looks like the biggest update to X3 ever, bigger than Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude together.

And better than Rebirth by far.

This may sound far-fetched, but have you thought about contacting Egosoft? I can totally see that your mod may serve as the base for another X3 title.

Rebirth trashed their reputation, and no one of use wants to see Egosoft go away - bringing out another official X3 expansion could bring some trust back and fill up their bank account a little bit.

skoubi
x3tc

Post by skoubi » Thu, 24. Apr 14, 19:29

The anticipation is great. Please give me hope :)

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Thu, 24. Apr 14, 22:37

Boringnick wrote:Reading the wiki pages, it looks like the biggest update to X3 ever, bigger than Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude together.

And better than Rebirth by far.

This may sound far-fetched, but have you thought about contacting Egosoft? I can totally see that your mod may serve as the base for another X3 title.

Rebirth trashed their reputation, and no one of use wants to see Egosoft go away - bringing out another official X3 expansion could bring some trust back and fill up their bank account a little bit.
Well to be honest, it's not like our (read some of us) trust in EGOSOFT has been damaged for no reason. They should have known better from the start to not make X-R, but what's done is done.

I personally think EGOSOFT needs to support themselves by making and selling good software, and not rely on the hardwork of their fanbase to do their jobs for them, and as a matter of fact, better than the actual devs. I mean come on, there's a HUGE problem if a game company needs to rely on it's fanbase to make the game good, and an even bigger problem if they need to rely on their fanbase to make the game functional at all.

If all the pro modders in this community were to make their own space game and were given the budget and time (7 years full time paid labor) that EGOSOFT had I would bet money that it would blow X-R out of the water. Too bad they can't just open their own studio.
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 24. Apr 14, 23:55

bluenog143 wrote: Too bad they can't just open their own studio.
Working on it!.... painfully slowly.

God ive been working on the base technology for a X-Like simulation game casually for 3 years, technology that runs a simulation of hundreds of thousands of ships across as many CPU's as you have in your computer... i just wish i had the rest of the resources and manpower to actually build the game.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

curlsworth
x4

Post by curlsworth » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 00:30

Jack08 wrote:
bluenog143 wrote: Too bad they can't just open their own studio.
Working on it!.... painfully slowly.

God ive been working on the base technology for a X-Like simulation game casually for 3 years, technology that runs a simulation of hundreds of thousands of ships across as many CPU's as you have in your computer... i just wish i had the rest of the resources and manpower to actually build the game.
What would you need to get started? Because that sounds like a kickstarter campaign if I've ever heard one. And one I would support with what money I could / offer to be a part of the publicity team for. The talent and dedication shown by this community is incredible, and I bet you could gather a few of your compatriots to join you.

I know the rest of us would rally to support you. Just let us know what you need.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 00:46

curlsworth wrote:What would you need to get started? Because that sounds like a kickstarter campaign if I've ever heard one. And one I would support with what money I could / offer to be a part of the publicity team for. The talent and dedication shown by this community is incredible, and I bet you could gather a few of your compatriots to join you.

I know the rest of us would rally to support you. Just let us know what you need.
Not enough eye-candy for a kick-starter campaign unfortunately, however i think this pulled the thread slightly off topic, oops...!

Litcube's Universe FTW! - I can actually enjoy X again as a player, rather then modding it furiously for years. :D (must resist urge to mod further... mod... mod... MOD... *force closes X Studio 2*)
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

curlsworth
x4

Post by curlsworth » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 01:19

That's my bad Jack08. I didn't read carefully enough and though Litcube had posted that.

I'm super stoked to try Litcube's Universe. I'm a late-comer to this game, but I'm working my way through XRM right now. These total conversion mods are incredible and leave me in awe.

Either way, I would still support a Kickstarter by you and/or Litcube (and/or other modders) for an X style game. Eye-candy be damned.

Bring on the LU!

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 03:12

Working on it painfully slow? Still the best space sim news I've heard all day! Jack is Back. 8)

Like Curlsworth said, we'll gladly support your project. All you need at this point is a capable team that you are preferably acquainted with and who shares our enthusiasm, and then you guys can make the glam and glitter needed to generate enough media hype to advertise the kickstarter.

You guys will need to come up with a quantitative goal to reach, after taking costs and everything into consideration. I also second Curlsworth's idea of checking with other skilled modders that you know on this forum, or possibly elsewhere that could help out with more coding, modeling, textures, etc.

I'll also see what I can do on getting the word out on your project to as many eyeballs and gaming outlets as I can. Just give us the word when you're ready to go public.

Sorry for derailing you're thread Lit; I've already started on a fresh install so that when you're LU mod comes out I'm ready to give it a whirl.
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”