Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alexalsp
x4

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 31. Aug 22, 12:07

Please make the link public.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Wed, 31. Aug 22, 13:55

alexalsp wrote:
Wed, 31. Aug 22, 12:07
Please make the link public.
Fixed.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

suyongbag783
x4

Post by suyongbag783 » Fri, 2. Sep 22, 14:46

Nice to meet you, litcubs.
I think there's a bug, but if you install LU original, the ship will move automatically, so why?
The ship I'm on doesn't stop.
It keeps moving at 39 to 40.
Where is the bug?

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 5. Sep 22, 22:47

Will there be installation instructions in a step-by-step format posted on the OP or in the link? How do we access and open the offline stuff?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 8. Sep 22, 13:37

Mirror
Effective 2022-09-27, the wiki domain will expire, and the site will be offline permanently.
https://github.com/alexalsp/LUWiki/releases/tag/luwiki

001.LitcubesUniverseV1.7.1
002.LitcubesUniversePatchV1.7.2.exe
003.LitcubesUniverseEIV2.2.6
004.LUSoundtrackV1.2.1.exe

mods_lu_guid_eng

LUWiki.rar

web.archive
https://web.archive.org/web/20220417203 ... /Main_Page

Posted on free hosting, but I don't think all the files are in the archive. It would be nice to get the full latest WIKI version from the author.

http://litcubeswiki.rf.gd/luwiki/wiki/i ... _Page.html

ChuckyRocketson
x3ap

Post by ChuckyRocketson » Mon, 24. Oct 22, 12:48

Hi I'm playing the LU mod and I was just curious if there's a way to automate fleets using like a fleet commander or something that would command shipyards to build specific ships and then command the ships to supply themselves from nearest stations and join the fleet, and replenish lost ships? I really don't want to micromanage literally everything it's making me want to quit the game. Like I don't even want to play anymore unless I can just make a fleet commander do something like this at a single click..thanks

ThomasCookAndroid
x3tc

Post by ThomasCookAndroid » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 18:54

I'm attempting to setup LU, I've followed the steps to the letter:

- Create clean install by downloading from steam, copying to new location, overwriting X3AP.exe with non steam version, create shortcut with -language44 at end of target
- Install 001.LitcubesUniverseV1.7.1
- Install 002.LitcubesUniversePatchV1.7.2
- Install 003.LitcubesUniverseEIV2.2.6
- Install 004.LUSoundtrackV1.2.1
- Install LUGUIV1.2.7

I then verify the install isn't broken by going to addons/scripts and making sure there are no .pck fiules in there.

When I boot the game up, using the shortcut from "Create a clean install" step, I see the install has succeeded and I can start a new game from LU starting scenarios.

However, when I come in to the game, all the gates have no meshes... as far as I can tell, everything else is working correctly, ship meshes are rendering and so on, but gates just appear as a floating blue circle with no "rim" mesh... this concerns me as I don't want to sink a load of hours in to the mod if I've not even done the install correctly.

I have not downloaded the AP bonus pack, so this is a vanilla, no DLC version of AP that I've installed LU on top of (as I hear the bonus pack is incompatible).

The only thing I can think is Egosoft have patched the steam version and LU hasn't been updated yet and there are some conflicts... however, when I look at the X3AP.exe from the steam install (i.e. the one which I copied to create the clean install) I see the version is 3.3.0.0 which is the same version as the "non steam exe" which Egosoft provide, so I think this idea of their having been an update which LU hasn't been patched to support yet is incorrect.

So, I'm at a loss..

Here is a screenshot of the graphical bug:

https://i.postimg.cc/761D9WJY/bug.png

In addition, I see frequent "Lightning" crackles in the middle of the blue gate circle, they look like textures, not artifacts, but it happens for seemingly no reason. Here is a screenshot of what they look like:

https://i.postimg.cc/HxvzqpyS/bug-2.png ... /bug-2.png

Is anyone else having this issue?
Last edited by Terre on Tue, 25. Oct 22, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 19:07

It's not a problem. This is such a kind of gate in Litcube.

ThomasCookAndroid
x3tc

Post by ThomasCookAndroid » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 19:11

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 25. Oct 22, 19:07
Oh really? That's weird... I saw on Youtube some people playing LU (or at least apparently...) and there gates had meshes.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 20:10

ThomasCookAndroid wrote:
Tue, 25. Oct 22, 19:11
alexalsp wrote:
Oh really? That's weird... I saw on Youtube some people playing LU (or at least apparently...) and there gates had meshes.
https://youtu.be/25LerZZNick?t=271

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Thu, 27. Oct 22, 01:51

ThomasCookAndroid wrote:
The only thing I know of is Alternate Ringless Gates - Repacked For LU. Although I don't know if it's compatible with the latest version of LU: the mod was uploaded in june 2015 while LU 1.7 came out almost one year later.
The ringless gates ensure your ship isn't going to crash on them. Trying to enter (or simply turn after jumping on) a gate using a dreadnought would, I suspect, be a quick game over.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 27. Oct 22, 05:27

ThomasCookAndroid wrote:
alexalsp wrote:
Depends on how old the video was. If I remember correctly the earlier versions of LU did have the vanilla jump gates, but they were later removed and replaced by the blue blobs.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 27. Oct 22, 13:59

Zaitsev wrote:
Thu, 27. Oct 22, 05:27
ThomasCookAndroid wrote:
alexalsp wrote:
Depends on how old the video was. If I remember correctly the earlier versions of LU did have the vanilla jump gates, but they were later removed and replaced by the blue blobs.
This bubble gate on version 1.7.2

Kyez
x4

Post by Kyez » Fri, 25. Nov 22, 20:38

Hey everyone. I've been trying to install LU and I follow the instructions but I always still see the .pck files in the scripts folder and wanted to know what I could be missing. I'm working from the steam version so I created a separate folder and I have the non steam exe for Albion prelude but beyond that I cant tell where I'm going wrong.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 3. Jan 23, 00:49

Kyez wrote:
Fri, 25. Nov 22, 20:38
Hey everyone. I've been trying to install LU and I follow the instructions but I always still see the .pck files in the scripts folder and wanted to know what I could be missing. I'm working from the steam version so I created a separate folder and I have the non steam exe for Albion prelude but beyond that I cant tell where I'm going wrong.
Post above viewtopic.php?p=5147067#p5147067

Specify the root directory of the game to install the mod.

suyongbag783
x4

Post by suyongbag783 » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 02:33

Is it possible to create a script that allows the player to have a certain amount of ships each time the player captures a sector?
I just hope that in occupying the sector, something will be added to the litcubes universe in the sense that it has more meaning.

Blackouto000
x3fl

Post by Blackouto000 » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 00:11

I have a question, is the LUGUI you download from the archived site good or not?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 00:35

Why does he have to be bad? :)

DerLiebeFrankie
x3fl

Post by DerLiebeFrankie » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 22:32

Newb here.

My question: Can the Litcube mod be installed without altering X3AP's UI? I really like the look/feel of the vanilla game (maybe I'm just used to it), and I think the mod's changes to the UI make it look worse and less polished. To be clear, I've installed all of these, in this order: LU + M3 + SWM3.

Is there a way to do a full install of the Litcube mod which leaves the UI alone? I just tried to do this by always unchecking the GUI checkbox for installing whatever UIs to try to leave everything alone, but it didn't work and I still see an altered UI.

Here's what the UI looks like in SWM3:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2968075180

Here's what the UI looks like in X3AP (un-modded):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2967121636

Thanks!

DerLiebeFrankie
x3fl

Post by DerLiebeFrankie » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 22:11

Here it is!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2968462331

Link to download that particular GUI mod:
https://xdownloads.co.uk/index.php?opti ... Itemid=116

Which won't work. Running it will fail. To understand how to work around that, read this:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=380200&start=15

Specifically, this post:
"Anyways the simple solution is create another copy of the no-steam exe, rename it x3ap_n.exe and place it into the directory you've installed the litcube universe stuff into. It doesn't have to be a copy of the original steam exe. Just make sure that the exe you run is the no steam version - and to be safe just make both of them no steam versions.

Anyways with both x3ap.exe and x3ap_n.exe in the directory the installer worked fine for me."

I just copied my X3AP.exe and renamed that copy to X3AP_n.exe (they are right next to each other in the same path), and then the installer worked. This UI looks much better now!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”