[PROGRAM] X-Studio 2 Script Editor [Beta III : 30th Mar 14]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mr.bear
x2

Post by mr.bear » Tue, 10. Jun 14, 17:17

it would be like in C/C++ where any apostrophe within a string requires a preceeding backslash.

eg. 'the quick brown fox\'s blue paintbrush'

mr.bear
Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your bear...

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 11. Jun 14, 17:45

mr.bear wrote:it would be like in C/C++ where any apostrophe within a string requires a preceeding backslash.
That'd be workable.

I program, so know most specifically how to make things work. Others might take a time or two to figure it out. (Mostly the 'I don't RTFM' group) :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 11:36

mr.bear wrote:UPDATE: Nicoman35/AldeberanPrime - I've fixed the issues you were having, they'll be included in the next update
Hi. Did you ever release that update? I did allow beta 3 to update when it first ran.

I am having a similar issue: http://imgur.com/yOkleRC

However, I do not have a 0003* in my addon\t folder, and there is no 0123* file on my disk.

EDIT: From Console.rtf, I see:
Enumerating English language files
Reading language file: I:\X3AP-APCP\addon\t\0001-L044.pck...Success
Reading language file: I:\X3AP-APCP\addon\t\0002.pck...Success
Reading language file: I:\X3AP-APCP\addon\t\0003-L044.pck...Success
Reading language file: I:\X3AP-APCP\addon\t\0010-L044.pck...Success
Reading language file: I:\X3AP-APCP\addon\t\0123-L044.pck...Success
Reading language file: I:\X3AP-APCP\addon\t\0901-L044.pck...

So it appears that XS2 succeeded in reading files that do not exist ;), but it choked on the same 0901 reported previously by Nicoman.
  • (Win8.1 x64)

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 01:02

DrBullwinkle wrote:Did you ever release that update? I did allow beta 3 to update when it first ran.
No, it was not released. And guess what - it's winter soon... ZZzzz..

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 10:51

Hello
DrBullwinkle wrote:(...)
However, I do not have a 0003* in my addon\t folder, and there is no 0123* file on my disk.
(...)]
Sorry Dr but you are wrong, 0123* and 0003* tfiles are hidden in 01.dat.
0003* - contains dialog lines for exporting game stats.
0123* - contains dialog lines for DiD mode and are connected with Steam connection.

Q: 0901* - I read somewhere that is connected with plugin manager (I'm not using it because it erase my saves few times) - can I get it somewhere to look what text lines (page ID and text ID) it has :?: I search for missing lines from pageID=35 (got few readtexts in my game).

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 10:55

Viliae wrote:0123* and 0003* tfiles are hidden in 01.dat.
Derp. :roll:

Thanks.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 08:48

Yeah I have the same problem with loading those .pck files although in my case it doesn't crash but reports a nice error and I can't use the program to load any script, etc:

Code: Select all

Enumerating type definition files
Reading type file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\types\TDocks.pck...Success
Reading type file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\types\TFactories.pck...Success
Reading type file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\types\TLaser.pck...Success
Reading type file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\types\TMissiles.pck...Success
Reading type file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\types\TShields.pck...Success
Reading type file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\types\TShips.pck...Success
Reading type file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\types\TWareB.pck...Success
Reading type file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\types\TWareE.pck...Success
Reading type file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\types\TWareF.pck...Success
Reading type file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\types\TWareM.pck...Success
Reading type file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\types\TWareN.pck...Success
Reading type file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\types\TWareT.pck...Failed: Error in zlib library: incorrect header check

EXCEPTION: Error in zlib library: incorrect header check...  Source: Logic::Threads::GameDataWorker::ThreadMain() on line 95
SOURCE: Logic::IO::GZipStream::Read() on line 240

Failed to load game data : Error in zlib library: incorrect header check

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 19:40

mr. bear,

Any chance of awaking from hibernation? We eagerly await the next version! :)

I emailed you a patch for some issues compiling X-Studio 2 that I encountered, but did not receive a response. Figured you are just busy or that the changes weren't wanted/needed. Let me know if I can help, I'd be glad to assist in tracking down and fixing bugs in the UI portion of the program.

mr.bear
x2

Post by mr.bear » Thu, 25. Dec 14, 11:28

merry christmas everybody!

Unfortunately I've been consumed by RL & my day job for the last six months. I don't know when, or even if, I'll have spare time to work on X-Studio or X-Studio II from now on, especially since I may move over to Elite Dangerous if the game is popular.

sorry guys, but X-Studio 1 was an especially huge sink on my time, which I just don't have anymore.

mr.bear
Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your bear...

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 25. Dec 14, 11:53

Omg, he speaks it's a Christmas miracle.
I hope you had a good day and a good new year.

As for work on the program, don't worry about it, it's great already.

Oh and on a semi related side note, I am starting to properly learn to code in C and I have to say it is a pain in the ass. How you mangaged to make this and remain (somewhat) sane is beyond me. But you did it, a feat unto itself.

But once again merry Christmas and have a great holiday.

EDIT: these snow flakes on the forum lag my phone to no end. It's so frustrating to type on.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Thu, 25. Dec 14, 12:07

That is totally understandable. X-Studio 1.07 has been the best release for me so far. I've had no issues with it at all. Thank you so much for putting that effort into making it. I really appreciate it!

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 29. Dec 14, 21:20

zanzal, can you run X-Studio 1 without giving it admin privileges?

jack775544: let me know if you have any C/C++ questions, I may be able to help

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Thu, 8. Jan 15, 01:12

memeics wrote:zanzal, can you run X-Studio 1 without giving it admin privileges?
Yes, just extract each manifest from each file that has one (check *.dll;*.exe) using CFF Explorer. Then edit each manifest to "asInvoker" instead of "requireAdministrator" - finally, replace the manifest in each file with the modified one.

Gqqnbig

Post by Gqqnbig » Tue, 22. Sep 15, 06:26

A common problem here, it doesn't show international characters correctly, at least not Chinese.

The old X-Stduio doesn't have this problem.

I assume if you use standard TextBox control, you will not have this problem.

Irrehaare
x3ap

Post by Irrehaare » Sat, 26. Mar 16, 21:16

I'm really sorry for this thread necromancy, but I think it's a good place to ask:

Could something be done with download link? Or could someone contact me on prive and send it on my email?
“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.”

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 26. Mar 16, 22:08

I'm not sure if it's such a good idea to go with X-Studio 2. Maybe stick with X-Studio 1. IIRC, some stuff are going wrong with that new beta version. 1 is not a beta.

EDIT: damn, the link is broken as well, here is a Mediafire link.

ForcesOfOdin
x4

A late comer thanks you!

Post by ForcesOfOdin » Thu, 22. Sep 16, 00:32

I am a late comer to X3 scripting. At first I was panicking with all the broken links. I even considered compiling the beta from the google code archive but I knew that would be messy for me. Thanks. I hear this is much more usable than the ridiculous in game script editor (which is cool, but so impractically cumbersome for someone used to some actual coding).

Hairless-Ape
xr

Re: [PROGRAM] X-Studio 2 Script Editor [Beta III : 30th Mar 14]

Post by Hairless-Ape » Mon, 12. Aug 19, 15:02

None of the 2.0 download links work. Not even the source code link.

Using the "X-Studio v1.08 + AP v3.3 Syntax" posted release, but get quite a few "Unrecognised Commands" when I load up some scripts to edit.
Anyone got a workable release, or maybe a "Custom.Syntax.txt" file that is up to date ?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 12. Aug 19, 19:21

You did something wrong. "Unrecognized commands" don't come from X-Studio (and version 2 won't solve them). I never had a single one (make sure you install LU custom syntax in the right folder, which is X-Studio root).

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Mon, 12. Aug 19, 20:48

Thanks.. I finally managed to find it with my master's help (mr google). http://litcube.xtimelines.net/download. ... V1.3.5.zip
I thought it existed, but just didn't know what exactly to search for.
Thanks again. That worked.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”