[SCR][MD][TC][AP] LIFE-V0.95b (update: 06-May-2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Elsin

Post by Elsin » Sun, 15. Feb 15, 00:17

Thank you very much Informer.

Regards

Pr0wler
x4

Post by Pr0wler » Wed, 18. Feb 15, 18:46

Elsin wrote:Hallo.
I have a few questions abaut this nice mod.

1-Can Life be installed mid game or new start is required?
2-Is normal i weit for news page 5-6 seconds? Game freazes for this time
2-It works with Codea IR 2.0 and XRM all together?

Thank you very much.

I wish you back to Health mate ,all the best/bows

It does work with Codea and XRM. I haven't played with IR for a long time, so I can't help you with that.

Jaenis
x4

Post by Jaenis » Sat, 28. Feb 15, 00:19

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of the popup message from this mod everytime I reload a game or a save?

Thanks.

Jaenis

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sat, 28. Feb 15, 04:22

It is in the AL plugin settings menu. Forget off the top of my head how it is labeled, but basically you need to turn off the welcome message at game load. It is in the General Settings section.

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 06:06

Anyone else take a huge FPS hit with this mod installed? As X-3 is single threaded I can only use one core at 4.5 Ghz and that core is 100% maxed out and game runs very choppy with Life installed on top of XRM.

I turned off life under the config menu but when I look in the script editor it still shows many LIFE scripts being run. Now do I completely get them to stop running as I have been told just flat out deleting scripts can nuke a save game.

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

German translation?

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Wed, 20. May 15, 07:57

Hi together, I like to use this great mod in combination with my "Enhanced Mod Collection for AP" - EMC
Because EMC ist fully translated to German, I need a "real" German textfile for Live, too.
I just found a German version of the orginal GNS textfile, but not for Live yet.

Does anybody already working on a translation? If not, I would start with it.

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Tue, 26. May 15, 14:44

Shush wrote:Hey guys,

My health deteriorated even more over the last six months, so I spent a lot of time on my back :/ I'm doing ok now, but I am still planning on taking it easy.
Hey Shush, how are you doing? I hope you feeling a little better.
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 22:22

Eidolan wrote:Anyone else take a huge FPS hit with this mod installed? As X-3 is single threaded I can only use one core at 4.5 Ghz and that core is 100% maxed out and game runs very choppy with Life installed on top of XRM.

I turned off life under the config menu but when I look in the script editor it still shows many LIFE scripts being run. Now do I completely get them to stop running as I have been told just flat out deleting scripts can nuke a save game.
yes, I have also huge FPS reduction, if I use this plugin within my AP mod. I'm really frustrated, because the complexity of this mod makes it impossible for me to debug it myself and shush is not reachable any more :(

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Sun, 6. Sep 15, 01:37

It seems shush is still not well, i hope he gets better. In the meantime can someone please make this mod compatible with LU or release a new update because many people waiting for this, i know it. Those explosion stagger and damage effects are very immersive and looks fanstastic.

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Mon, 7. Sep 15, 04:05

I agree, this mod made the universe so alive. I hope shush is doing better.
Would be nice to see this mod updated again, because some players have some problems with it.

Hope you get better shush. Take care.
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

drowningfly
x4

Post by drowningfly » Wed, 23. Sep 15, 19:11

I don't know if this has been reported already or if the mod is still being worked on, but there is a problem with the Final Fury plot and this mod. During the mission where you have to defend the TL while it places mines in the unknown sector, if any enemy damages the TL's shields at all, it will forget what it is doing and ether stop or just fly aimlessly around the sector permanently, leaving you to never be able to complete the mission. Disabling LIFE via the menu for the duration of the mission will allow you to do the mission properly.

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Thu, 24. Sep 15, 02:24

Which game are you playing with what mods? I did test this part too, in TC and in AP with the TC for AP mod, but I have to admit that I allmost never let the enemy come close to the TL and have it attacked.

I did however experienced this once but in my game then the TL went on and did what it was supposed to do, so this might indeed be a new problem.

I did found out a while ago, I did not play X for a while, that whenever some party is attacked it will or can stop doing what it is supposed to do in vanilla quests, but I also found out that in some cases it would continue.

Either cases can happen, so as a general rule and for most, I guess, it is general knowledge, that you have to save(and back up) before using mods and or temporarily disable them while doing (vanilla) quests.

Thank you for reporting, and I too do not know if this mod is worked on at the moment.
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Wed, 30. Dec 15, 21:39

Is it possible to extract explosion stagger/damage effect from the mod and implement to any others?.

Mav/
x3tc

Post by Mav/ » Mon, 25. Jan 16, 17:45

Hello. This mod is really great :) .

Sadly, I got a problem with it:
It sort of still works, but it seems to have killed my Galactic News System (only a beep when I press the appropriate hotkey[s]).
Since it worked for quite a while and I am also using MBRR, I guess the GNS just got overloaded of sorts...

I'm still using 0.82 or so; from what I read you by now moved to separate instance of the news service.

So, my question is: Will updating to the current version solve my problem (at least concerning LIFE), or are there additional recommended steps I should take ?
AEC: If you go where no known being has gone before, make sure to take along sufficient backup.
[ external image ]
GoD@TerranSectors: FreeMarket@work ...
"Man kann ein Problem nicht mit der Denkweise lösen, durch die es verursacht wurde." - Albert Einstein

Gregory_Rainsborough
x4

Improved Races 2.0 compatibility

Post by Gregory_Rainsborough » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 19:06

I've got the feeling that this isn't compatible with Improved Races 2.0?

Is there a way to turn off just the relations aspect of LIFE?

I've got a game running at the moment and the relations are quite unlike what happened in my last game when I was running just IR 2.0.

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 21:07

drowningfly wrote:I don't know if this has been reported already or if the mod is still being worked on, but there is a problem with the Final Fury plot and this mod. During the mission where you have to defend the TL while it places mines in the unknown sector, if any enemy damages the TL's shields at all, it will forget what it is doing and ether stop or just fly aimlessly around the sector permanently, leaving you to never be able to complete the mission. Disabling LIFE via the menu for the duration of the mission will allow you to do the mission properly.
I have the same problem with the 0.95b version of Life, but not only in the FF missions, but in any "protect convoy" mission, too!

Maybe, there is an other experienced scripter who may help us, to solve this issue? I have a savegame for my MOD-Collection with which this bug can be debugged.

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Sat, 16. Apr 16, 14:38

Aldebaran_Prime wrote:
drowningfly wrote:I don't know if this has been reported already or if the mod is still being worked on, but there is a problem with the Final Fury plot and this mod. During the mission where you have to defend the TL while it places mines in the unknown sector, if any enemy damages the TL's shields at all, it will forget what it is doing and ether stop or just fly aimlessly around the sector permanently, leaving you to never be able to complete the mission. Disabling LIFE via the menu for the duration of the mission will allow you to do the mission properly.
I have the same problem with the 0.95b version of Life, but not only in the FF missions, but in any "protect convoy" mission, too!

Maybe, there is an other experienced scripter who may help us, to solve this issue? I have a savegame for my MOD-Collection with which this bug can be debugged.
Hi all, mybe I found the problem. It is not MSCI-script-, but MD-script caused. In the MD script "LIFE.Attacked.xml" there are some cues, which set an explicit ship command, when a ship is attcked. As it seems, this overwrites former ship commands like "fly to sector".

Open this script with any editor and search for "Fight or flight" the first occurence will be somewhere around line 382. Exclude alle this section by comment signs "<!--" at start and "-->" at end of the whole block.

Code: Select all

<!-- Fight or flight -->
                          <!-- Aldebaran: Conflict found with MD Plot Commands - try to disable this
                          <do_choose>
                            <do_when value="{object.class@this.attackedShip}" list="{lookup.class@m1}|{lookup.class@m2}|{lookup.class@m3}|{lookup.class@m4}|{lookup.class@m5}|{lookup.class@m6}|{lookup.class@m7}|{lookup.class@m8}">
                              <set_command object="this.attackedShip" command="attack" commandobject="this.attackerShip"/>                              
                            </do_when>
                            <do_otherwise>
                              <set_command object="this.attackedShip" command="home"/>
                            </do_otherwise>
                          </do_choose> 
                          END Aldebaran --> 
Because this MD cue is a global cue, which is active the whole game, the changes seem not to be active until you start a new game or you manually kill the old instance of the cue.

This may be done with a other cue like this:

Code: Select all

<cue name="LIFE.Attacked.destroy">

<condition>
        <check_value value="{player.notoriety.neutral}" exact="668"/>
      </condition>

<action>
        <do_all>
        	<destroy_cue cue="LIFE.Attacked"/>
        	<destroy_cue cue="LIFE.Attacked.ShipHandler"/>
 				</do_all>
      </action>
  	</cue> 
eventually there are better MD programmers then me, which my give some addtional comments to my analysis and workaround, because I'm not sure, why the parts i commented our where in the MD script. For me they make no sense, because the game engine automatically starts to fight against the attacker, also without the explicit command.

At the moment it seems, that the workaround above will solve the problems with Live in combination with protect ship tasks. I implemend this in this way in my EMC4AP mod collection 2.x.

additional feedback is welcome!

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Wed, 18. May 16, 08:56

There are 7 derelict M5 ships (one of each faction) a thousand Km east in Kingdom End, they are called "LIFE: Boron MD Queue: 0.95b", no equipement, no guns. What are those ships? I tried salvaging one but I had to cheat to do it, then it appeared on my list of ships but I can't select it in space. But I can control it via my property, I sent it to the boron shipyard, it will take days before it gets there...

So is this a bug? Or they have some kind of function?

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Thu, 19. May 16, 22:10

The ships all have functions for holding/storing variables and other coding gubbins.

Messing with them will really spoil your day.

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Thu, 19. May 16, 22:56

Good to know, thanks.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”