[SCR][MD][TC][AP] LIFE-V0.95b (update: 06-May-2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

LeonardDeVir
x4

Post by LeonardDeVir » Mon, 8. Sep 14, 21:38

Update: Works like a charm so far. No crashes, no weirdness, no corrupted text passages. NPCs banter, News Network fully functional. Ill test it thoroughly and report back when Im deep into my current game.

Notes: Im playing AP, and Im running Complex Cleaner, XRM, IEX, TC plots in AP (+ patches for it to work with XRM and IEX) as fake patches, bonus pack and a few famous mods from here as spk (Yaki Armada, Pirate guild, ADS, Menagerie, Mobile Mining, Marine Repairs, selected TRP mods,...)

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 20:19

hi, maybe someone can help me a bit?
I installed this mod and really like it so far, but I'm having 2 issues:

- everytime I load my game, the G.o.D. message mentioning LIFE appears
- disabling subtitles in the News options of LIFE only disables the names for npcs.., but subtitles still appear, even if I disable them in my audio settings

I'm running albion prelude with XRM, CODEA, MARS and complex cleaner.
When installing this, I had to use the manual installation (linux) and picked the conversaions_xrm.xml file and renamed it to conversations.xml.
Oh, and I installed this mod on my running game.

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 21:52

Utsuho Reiuji wrote:-snip-
ok, for some reason, disabling subtitles worked after loading my game, the G.o.D. message however still appears :(

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 04:25

The op seems to be busy for a long while, hope you, Shush, will be back with us soon, greetings Piotr, a.k.a. PDouma39, looking forward for some news concerning your wonderful mod
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

Grid
xr

Post by Grid » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 21:57

is this compatible with improved races

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 09:16

Hey guys,

My health deteriorated even more over the last six months, so I spent a lot of time on my back :/ I'm doing ok now, but I am still planning on taking it easy.

With respect to LIFE I plan on still updating it, (just not as frequently as I was), and I'll let you know what my plans are soon'ish.

I'll answer the rest of the questions that I have missed in this thread over the next few days.
Grid wrote:is this compatible with improved races
I am fairly certain it is, I seem to remember that more than one of LIFE's users had it running in conjunction with IR. If you are unable to find the information within this thread, then running the two together yourself should answer your question fairly quickly.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 12:53

Hello

I wish you good health (it's one of the most important things in our lives). I hope your idea about better flight performance didn't die in the meantime of your absence.

Good luck to you and take care (don't forget to eat healthy and taking exercises :D ).

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 12:21

Shush wrote:Hey guys,

My health deteriorated even more over the last six months, so I spent a lot of time on my back :/ I'm doing ok now, but I am still planning on taking it easy.

With respect to LIFE I plan on still updating it, (just not as frequently as I was), and I'll let you know what my plans are soon'ish.
:( Sorry to hear. Best wishes to you. I hope you fully resrore. No stress, just game a bit as you like to :).

My own back had to be cut open and repaired on the OP due to herniated disc..... I think I am sitting too much and make too less sports.... X3 is one of the reasons for too much sitting.

theknapps
xr

Post by theknapps » Tue, 16. Dec 14, 17:59

All the best to you Shush. Life continues to be the one consistant addon I keep in my different games of AP - so thanks for your hard word and perseverence with this mod. And if you decide to do more to Life then many of us will be waiting eagerly.

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Thu, 18. Dec 14, 10:52

Good to hear from you Shush, and take it easy m8. Also very nice to hear you keep updating Live. It is a great mod, and thanks for all the work.
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Thu, 8. Jan 15, 12:34

A question regarding some scripts:

plugin.LIFE.explosion.damage
plugin.LIFE.sort.numeric.array
plugin.LIFE.speaktext.bailed

in the new 0.95b they are not there anymore. So I assume they are gone and not needed anymore?

I'm using ToTT and I am now updating LIFE. So I found theses scripts missing in the zip-package.

CNR4806

Post by CNR4806 » Mon, 12. Jan 15, 12:11

Grid wrote:is this compatible with improved races
A bit late but I'd like to share my personal experiene.

Yes, they are compatible, if you don't mind the little detail where LIFE's news system, especially the war news, simply isn't equipped to track and deal with sector sovereignty changes.

For an example, if you attack an Argon sector and obliterating everything before claiming it for the Terran, and turns on LIFE's news after you do all that, it will report the battle and destruction as if the sector had been Terran all along.

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Tue, 13. Jan 15, 01:41

Hey Shush, well after being offline quite a bit I red your post from one month ago, sorry to hear, hope you're feeling better these days, hope you will continue with this wonderfull mod of yours whenever you will or can, greetings,

Piotr

Elsin

Post by Elsin » Fri, 13. Feb 15, 18:05

Hallo.
I have a few questions abaut this nice mod.

1-Can Life be installed mid game or new start is required?
2-Is normal i weit for news page 5-6 seconds? Game freazes for this time
2-It works with Codea IR 2.0 and XRM all together?

Thank you very much.

I wish you back to Health mate ,all the best/bows

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Sat, 14. Feb 15, 00:15

Elsin wrote:Hallo.

Thank you very much.

Hello,
1) I think you can install it in a mid game, but I am not 100% sure.
2) Yes, with my game takes also 5 a 6 sec.
3) I know for sure it works with Codea, and XRM, IR 2.0 I am not sure.
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

Elsin

Post by Elsin » Sun, 15. Feb 15, 00:17

Thank you very much Informer.

Regards

Pr0wler
x4

Post by Pr0wler » Wed, 18. Feb 15, 18:46

Elsin wrote:Hallo.

Thank you very much.

It does work with Codea and XRM. I haven't played with IR for a long time, so I can't help you with that.

Jaenis
x4

Post by Jaenis » Sat, 28. Feb 15, 00:19

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of the popup message from this mod everytime I reload a game or a save?

Thanks.

Jaenis

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sat, 28. Feb 15, 04:22

It is in the AL plugin settings menu. Forget off the top of my head how it is labeled, but basically you need to turn off the welcome message at game load. It is in the General Settings section.

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 06:06

Anyone else take a huge FPS hit with this mod installed? As X-3 is single threaded I can only use one core at 4.5 Ghz and that core is 100% maxed out and game runs very choppy with Life installed on top of XRM.

I turned off life under the config menu but when I look in the script editor it still shows many LIFE scripts being run. Now do I completely get them to stop running as I have been told just flat out deleting scripts can nuke a save game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”