[SCR][MD][TC][AP] LIFE-V0.95b (update: 06-May-2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

theknapps
xr

Re: [SCR][MD][TC][AP] LIFE-V0.95b (update: 06-May-2014)

Post by theknapps » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 18:24

Still playing - still using.

Just need more time!! :)

theknapps
xr

Post by theknapps » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 18:26

The link doesn't seem to be working..

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 12:59

The link to the corrected version does not work. Can someone post a corrected version. And the question is, does it all work in game version 3.4/3.3?

Thank you.

alexalsp
x4

Re: Re:

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 15:57

Spoiler
Show
Aldebaran_Prime wrote:
Sun, 3. Jan 21, 22:02
TechSY730 wrote:
Sun, 5. Aug 18, 21:15
Some further investigation yields the problem that in the script, plugin.LIFE.ship.signal.attacked, LIFE temporarily adds the ship to a special, hidden wing that it uses as a queue. That wing is used as a primary mechanism for communication between the scripting side and the mission director side (storing the list of ships that have been attacked and thus need to be processed).

After some finagling in the director script LIFE.Attacked.xml, it calls plugin.LIFE.mdcomms.queue on the ship, which removes the ship from the special queue wing and restores the previous wing membership. Unfortunately, removing a ship from a wing cancels its current order on task 0, the main task (engine bug maybe?).

Sadly, since that queue is pretty central to how the attacking signalling works in LIFE, I don't see a way to get around not having the wing.

So a workaround may be to not add non-race controlled ships to the queue in the first place. So, you can replace the line (around line 61) in plugin.LIFE.ship.signal.attacked.xml:

Code: Select all

$gAttacked-> temporarily remove from wing
add ship to flight wing: wing=$mdcommsQueue ship=$gAttacked
with

* TechSY730 fix: Don't do special handling for special mission ships, since removing the wing later on interferes with current commands
if $gAttacked-> can be controlled by race logic
end
This will make it so that ships that have been reserved for other purposes cannot get "co-opted". Race logic controlled ships are unchanged, as they have their main task restored by GOD periodically, so that is why it hasn't been an issue for those ships.

Sadly, this is a little overreaching and also turns off special LIFE handling for script spawned ships too that disable race logic, even if the script can handle it by having fallback "restart" logic. But I can't really see a way around that.

However, the above will also silence such mission ships from saying "I'm under attack". I'll provide a version that preserves as a follow up post, since it makes the code much longer.
A pilot of the EMC4AP Mod found out, that the X3 Khaak / Final Fury plot still has a problem in the scene, where the TL should place some mines. So I needed to add some other exceptions to the improvements of TechSY730:

$gAttackedMoves2Position = $gAttacked-> is script '!ship.cmd.moveto.std' on stack of task=0
$gAttackedMovePosition = $gAttacked-> is script '!ship.cmd.moveposition.std' on stack of task=0
$gAttackedRetreat = $gAttacked-> is script '!ship.cmd.retreat.std' on stack of task=0
$gAttackedProtect = $gAttacked-> is script '!ship.cmd.protect.std' on stack of task=0
$gAttackedStay = $gAttacked-> is script '!ship.cmd.stay.std' on stack of task=0

$gAttackedMayBeMissionShip = !$gAttackedRaceLogicEnabled OR $gAttackedIsFollowingShip OR $gAttackedIsDeliveringFactory OR $gAttackedMoves2Position OR $gAttackedMovePosition OR $gAttackedRetreat OR $gAttackedProtect OR $gAttackedStay OR ($gAttackedNoJob AND ($gAttackedIsDocking OR $gAttackedIsAttacking))

if !$gAttackedMayBeMissionShip
else
Eventually there are some other commands which need to be included in the exceptions, but for the moment this solves the TL position problem.

Bugfixed version can be found here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AleWkrAhnZL_g5hnKcf ... g?e=3YBQgi
Сan You re-upload the file, the link does not work .....

I would add it myself, but there are no lines where or instead of what to insert it.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 19:51

Aldebaran_Prime mentioned in the EMC4AP topic that they would include the fixed file in the main download file of his mod. I don't know if they actually did it, but there's a chance since the 'last changed' date says 2022 while the post mentioning the fix is from 2021. Note that the file is quite big though (~ 1.5 GB).

Apart from that, TechSY730's download links still work fine for me. I reuploaded them just in case:
LIFE_Fixes by TechSY730.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 8. Feb 23, 00:22

Apart from that, TechSY730's download links still work fine for me. I reuploaded them just in case:
Thank you, thank you, thank you very much... :)

I think it is necessary to clarify that the LIFE.Attacked.xml file should not be located in the scripts folder, but in the director folder.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 8. Feb 23, 02:01

Question. If turn off the mod in the settings - Turn off LIFE completely, how do you turn it back on? :gruebel:

Correction. The mod seems to work, but there are no hot buttons. How to get them back?

I found a way through the script editor, but is there a faster and easier way?

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 10:52

I can't believe you guys are still using this, that's pretty cool to be honest; I had some grand ideas for expansion and well life, (badda bing badda boom), just got in the way.

I have some free time on my hands, if there was a list of things people wanted fixed or changed, what would it look like?

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 13:54

Great to read, that you may give us an update of this mod.
I used yor LIFE also in my MOD-collection EMC4AP and many players used and loved it in the last couple of years

2 problems occur often:
1. Some plot ships stop following the plot targets, once a plot-ship was attacked and hit by enemy weapons. After attac ends or the enemy was destroyed, the plot-ship just stops and stays idle. Then the plot can not be finished
2. The news-engine sometimes crashes and justs "beeps". But after resetting LIFE, it can be used again - no glue, why.

Especially to point 1 see the last posts above. You may check your code and our try of bugfixes and integrate it to your code, if correct.

It may be great, if you can optimize LIFE! for x3FL, especially in combination with the new TC/AP Plot for FL from Cycrow.

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 15:24

Ok great, a nice simple short list so far, I'll start poking around tomorrow; I need to setup my original dev environment and see how LIFE runs on an updated X3.

I'll update here in this thread.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 11. May 23, 11:59

Ability to enable disabling the mod in the artificial life settings, if possible. :)

And if possible, put all the text from the scripts into a text file. It is not convenient to translate it in scripts. :)

meppo
x4

Post by meppo » Thu, 5. Oct 23, 05:32

do you have a mirror for this download anywhere? the dropbox link doesn't work at all

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 5. Oct 23, 13:12

meppo wrote:
Thu, 5. Oct 23, 05:32
do you have a mirror for this download anywhere? the dropbox link doesn't work at all
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IrAvxx ... sp=sharing

meppo
x4

Post by meppo » Thu, 5. Oct 23, 20:24

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 5. Oct 23, 13:12
meppo wrote:
Thu, 5. Oct 23, 05:32
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IrAvxx ... sp=sharing
thanks a bunch! played with this mod a bunch back in the day and glad to see someone still has it!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”