[MOD] [XRM:AP] TC Plots in XRM:Albion Prelude

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

MutantDwarf
x4

[MOD] [XRM:AP] TC Plots in XRM:Albion Prelude

Post by MutantDwarf » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 23:51

This is a compatibility patch to make DillPickle's TC Plots in AP mod compatible with Paul Wheeler's X3 Rebalance Mod.

Download

You can download the file from here.

Installation

First install XRM and the TC Plots in AP mod normally. Then, install this compatibility patch on top of them. Just extract it into your base Terran Conflict directory (not the Albion Prelude 'addon' directory).

You must start a new game for this to work. If you installed it correctly, when you start a new game you should get two messages - one saying XRM is installed, the other saying this mod has been installed.

Compatibility

This mod is compatible with XRM 1.30c and TC Plots in AP 2.1. It is incompatible with other versions and should not be used with them.

This mod is incompatible with Immersive Environments (IEx) and the XRM Advanced Universe mods.

Features

This mod applies the TC plots in AP features to XRM, which includes making the Albion Prelude Argon plot missions compatible with the XRM war. Further, there are several bug fixes from the base TC Plots in AP mod, including eliminating extra jump gates in the A New Home plot and the elimination of the 'doubled stations' bug after halting the AP war. A bug with the Argon Secret Service missions was also fixed.

I also significantly revised the XRM map to add a few sectors and, perhaps most strikingly, move all the Terran sectors, including Albion, into one section of the galaxy. Further, all the Player-owned sectors, including the HUB, are next to one another.

While I was at it, I also fixed a vanilla bug in the TC plot that made it so the first ship you're given with marines has a mixture of Commonwealth race marines even though they were given by the Terrans.

This mod has been tested up to about halfway through the AP missions to ensure everything altered works.

If you encounter any bugs, let me know and I'll do my best to fix them.
Last edited by MutantDwarf on Tue, 7. Apr 15, 10:54, edited 3 times in total.

snarfies
x3

Post by snarfies » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 02:28

Well, I like the TC plots in AP with XRM, that's awesome. And bugfixes are nice too.

I'm not interested at all in the other changes though. I already have all the new sectors I want from XRM, and I REALLY REALLY don't like the idea of the Terran sectors being re-arranged like you've described. I like having my owned sectors spread out.

So... any chance for a "lite" version? Please?

vtecem
x4

Post by vtecem » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 02:41

YAY, TC plots + AP + XRM = awesome!

Seriously, thank you for your effort in bringing TC plots up to date.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 03:01

snarfies wrote:Well, I like the TC plots in AP with XRM, that's awesome. And bugfixes are nice too.

I'm not interested at all in the other changes though. I already have all the new sectors I want from XRM, and I REALLY REALLY don't like the idea of the Terran sectors being re-arranged like you've described. I like having my owned sectors spread out.

So... any chance for a "lite" version? Please?
No, sorry. Moving the sectors (only on the map, not in where they're actually placed) was necessary to make the map even halfway usable; if you don't rearrange them, then you've got Terran sectors interspersed all over the place with non-Terran sectors and gate links on the map don't actually show places that are connected together. I could have left the Aldrin and Albion sectors alone, but they look horrible like that on the flat map, which is why the base game's map didn't do that for them and instead 'lifted' them out using its 3D placement.

You can view what the map now looks like here and decide whether you hate it enough or not.

The only 'new sectors' that are in this mod are the ones added by the TC Plots in AP mod, which adds a few sectors connecting the A New Home plot reward sector and the Breaking Grounds plot reward sector. The fact that they're connected isn't a change; the only change there was that I moved the Xenon Hub sector into its own location rather than being right next to Argon Sector M148.

snarfies
x3

Post by snarfies » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 03:11

You can view what the map now looks like here and decide whether you hate it enough or not.
Ah, NOW I see what you mean... I interpreted what you first wrote as you completely re-arranged the sectors - like, reconnected them all in a different way, and that's totally not what you did, you just placed them on the map differently.

Yeah, looks good! I'm going to try it on a brand new game right about... now. Thanks the the mod and the clarification.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 03:38

Nice job MutantDwarf!

A few questions:

I assume this requires a new game?

Am I reading your description right? Do the AP plots exist alongside the TC plots?

Welingen
x4

Post by Welingen » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 10:10

Thank you very much for your script, this is what i'm looking for a long time .

I just want to check the load order :

... AP cat/dat 01 to 04
... AP TC plot 05 cat/dat
... your compatibily patch 06
... XRM main cat/dat 07 08
... XRM addon 0X

Or

... AP Cat/dat
... AP TC plot cat/dat
... XRM Main Cat/dat
... XRM Addon cat/dat
... Your XRM patch cat/dat

An other question , is it compatible with IE 5a ? because load order is specifique with IE + XRM + IE5a patch for AP plot.

And at last, is it possible to put war ON, after completed all terrien TC plot ? l

Thanks again for your work

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 15:57

Welingen wrote:Thank you very much for your script, this is what i'm looking for a long time .

I just want to check the load order :

... AP cat/dat 01 to 04
... AP TC plot 05 cat/dat
... your compatibily patch 06
... XRM main cat/dat 07 08
... XRM addon 0X

Or

... AP Cat/dat
... AP TC plot cat/dat
... XRM Main Cat/dat
... XRM Addon cat/dat
... Your XRM patch cat/dat

An other question , is it compatible with IE 5a ? because load order is specifique with IE + XRM + IE5a patch for AP plot.

And at last, is it possible to put war ON, after completed all terrien TC plot ? l

Thanks again for your work
The compatibility patch needs to be loaded last, after XRM, else XRM will override it (which is bad).

it isn't compatible with IE; an IE specific version may come in the future, but if so it's unlikely to be for a month or so (I'm moving next week and won't have access to my gaming computer for about a month).

The war turning on works the same exact way as it does in the TC Plots in AP mod - that is, after you finish all the TC plots you can choose to activate the war or not via talking to the Goner leader.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 15:59

joelR wrote:Nice job MutantDwarf!

A few questions:

I assume this requires a new game?

Am I reading your description right? Do the AP plots exist alongside the TC plots?
Yes and yes. The AP plots work entirely the same way as they do in the TC Plots in AP mod; you need to finish the TC plots before the AP plots become available.

Taro8
x3tc

Post by Taro8 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 19:51

Im a bit confused: XRM already brings plots from TC into AP. So, it didnt bring in all of them or what?

What plots this mod enables exactly.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 20:04

Taro8 wrote:Im a bit confused: XRM already brings plots from TC into AP. So, it didnt bring in all of them or what?

What plots this mod enables exactly.
XRM only brought a very, very few plots into AP. It didn't bring any of the major plots at all; if I remember right, it only brought the corporate plots (which aren't really plots) and the treasure hunt plot.

This is a compatibility patch for the TC Plots in AP mod, meaning all the plots that that mod enables now work with XRM.

The ones XRM didn't include that are included here:

Terran Conflict
Operation Final Fury
A New Home
New Goner Temple
Aldrin Missions
Argon Secret Service missions
The HUB plot
PHQ plot
(ATF Outpost plot - this is a mod-added plot included in the TC Plots in AP mod)

Further, this includes the Albion Prelude Argon missions, which are disabled in XRM.

Combat Wombat
x4

Post by Combat Wombat » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 09:31

Truly this comes at the perfect time. Thank you so much. I too look forward to adding IE compatibility. Would make a wicked trifecta of mods.

Edit: I start a game and many objects and items have names that start with readtext17... I assume this means I made some kind of mistake in my installation?
You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

AcidWeb
x4

Post by AcidWeb » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 10:51

Also waiting for IEX integration.

XRM:AP + IEX + TCAP would be godlike.

Taro8
x3tc

Post by Taro8 » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 12:55

Further, this includes the Albion Prelude Argon missions, which are disabled in XRM.
Does this breaks the dynamic war in XRM?

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 16:57

Taro8 wrote:
Does this breaks the dynamic war in XRM?
Nope.
Edit: I start a game and many objects and items have names that start with readtext17... I assume this means I made some kind of mistake in my installation?
That's awful weird. Yeah, indicates something probably went wrong with installation. Sounds like a problem with installing XRM, not this mod, though, as I didn't alter the names of many objects or items. Can you make sure you installed TC Plots in AP first, then XRM, then this patch? If that still gives ReadText errors, can you try and describe one of the objects that has those errors along witht he full 'name' it gives?

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 17:19

I'm not sure what the devil happened, but it looks like when packing it for distribution something didn't work right.

As such, I'm releasing a version that isn't using .cat/.dat files until I can figure out why the .cat/.dats aren't working. Anyways, use this package instead. You'll probably need to start a new game for that to work.

No idea why just sticking those files (aside from the scripts directory) into a .cat/.dat would make it not work, but it seems to have done so. Bah.

Sorry about that:/

Welingen
x4

Post by Welingen » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 19:23

hi,
Hum,I started a new game with a clean install of XRM-AP with alot of script and several addon XRM, and I have no problems readtext objects anywhere until now .

the package with Cat/dat works properly at this time. I think rather to improper installation of XRM or an pb with addware script from pluging manager that must be used for adding all news item from XRM or many script.

may be that this script has nothing to do with your readtext problem, an others script may be.
I'm not sure what the devil happened, but it looks like when packing it for distribution something didn't work right.
I have no problem with your packing.
my load order Cat/Dat if it could help:

- 01 to 04 : main ap cat/dat
- 05 : complex cleaner 4.10 cat/dat
- 06 : xrm main core
- 07 : xrm main core
- 08 : xrm background addon
- 09 : xrm hull pack addon
- 10 : xrm codea waresize addon
- 11 : TC AP plot main core
- 12 : your XRM-AP TC plot patch

Script i'm using :

- Adams ITT
- Advenced navigation software
- Anarkis defence system
- Carrier power link system
- Dock lockup fix
- drome carrier software 2
- Galaxy explorer
- Improved boarding
- logain industrie CSecG
- Marine repairs and Training
- Missile data display
- Missile Safety
- Mk3 improvement reloaded
- Mobile Mining Mk2
- Npc bailing Addon
- Pirate Guild 3
- Rename ships with expression
- Salvage command suite
- Smart Turrets
- Yaki Armada 2
- Khaa'k improvement
- Khaa'k invasion 2

Combat Wombat
x4

Post by Combat Wombat » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 01:29

So I did a total reinstall in case I had something else in there that I forgot I installed. It is alittle better but now instead of having readtext17 as their names alot of terran stations look like they have coordinates as their names.
You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Welingen
x4

Post by Welingen » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 06:55

I haven't look over all sector, maybe I've missed something.

I'll install cheat script for looking terran sector, I'm trying to make IE AP plot working with this patch and don't test all sector a this time, maybe i have same pb as you with terran station, i'll check them.

I'm using FR version of X3 and many script have no language T file for this, i must make my proper T file for it, may be you'r in the same case ,using a specific language text that had not good T file in some script, that's for readtext pb.

Are you using the first package of the AP-TC ( with cat/dat) patch or second pack without cat/dat ?

EDIT : i have checked many terran sector, and no problem detected, good name station, good name object , could you tell us where are your name station problem in terran sector ?

do you use a script that alter/ color sector name or script that add terran station ?

Combat Wombat
x4

Post by Combat Wombat » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 10:27

Using the Advanced Start I took these screenshots. These aren't the only occurrences. I believe I even saw a station named like this in commonwealth space.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =198044539
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =198045137

I am not using anything besides TCAP and XRM.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”