[MOD] [XRM:AP] TC Plots in XRM:Albion Prelude

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Tue, 4. Jul 17, 12:07

Nice work, v3 installed. I assume unless explicitly stated that a new gamestart is not required.
one quest giver has the bug while the other one does not
This is probably a stupid question but did you wait for the old quests to expire before testing your new code?

Also found a small bug. The sector north of Argon Sector M148 is called Enduring Light. This should be Unknown Sector, as per Kha'ak plot. It appears to be empty of stations, as it should be in TC plots.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Tue, 4. Jul 17, 16:15

Yup, no need for a new start, unless you already have the UFJD. Even though, I think it should be ok anyway.

Yeah, they were showing up on a new gamestart - it was really weird. No matter, it's all taken care of.

I know why the Unknown Sector has a name; it was named in AP. To be honest, unless you have found that it interferes with the plot in some way, I may not bother with it, unless I find out how to force a sector name change via the MD.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Wed, 5. Jul 17, 04:40

So, while I was poking around to find a way to use the MD to change a sector name, I found a critical error with the New Home plot as was included in XRM-TCAP: It was pointing to the wrong sector coordinates for the player sector (x=19 y=10, instead of x=20 y=9). I have updated the "Updates XRM TCAP for AP 3.2" to version 4.0 to address the issue. As always, it should be savegame compatible unless you have started the plot.

Incidentally, I may have found a way to change sector names, so I am going to see if it's worth the effort and if I can make it so that "Enduring Light" is "Unknown" until the Kha'ak plot is completed.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Tue, 18. Jul 17, 10:11

I noticed an oddity while poking around the different text files when writing up some code to color sector names for me. File 7027-L044.xml on line 71 has a circular reference: <t id="1023801">{7,1023801}</t>. X3 Editor 2 was crashing on trying to load this file, which pointed me toward the problem. The error appears to be in the original TCAP/XRM merger patch, and is copied into the recent updated files.

The code line in XRM itself appears to be "<t id="1020619">{7,1023801}</t>". Elsewhere, the TCAP/XRM patch edits "<t id="1030619">" to be "<t id="1033801">". It seems Family Zyarth (0619) was renamed to Circle of Deceit (name assigned to 3801) by XRM, along with being given a new description. The TCAP/XRM patch appears to have swapped the new description over to 3801 (I assume where it would not get used, the intention just being to restore Family Zyarth), and restored the original name by swapping the name reference as well, generating the circular reference.

In short, I think the fix is just to comment out or remove line 71 in 7027-L044.xml. If left as-is, I don't know what the X3 engine would do in this case - maybe quietly ignore it, or maybe introduce some subtle bugs.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Wed, 19. Jul 17, 23:37

Thanks for the report. I am on vacation till the end of the month but will take a look at it once I come back!

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Mon, 31. Jul 17, 03:16

SirNukes wrote:I noticed an oddity while poking around the different text files when writing up some code to color sector names for me. File 7027-L044.xml on line 71 has a circular reference: <t id="1023801">{7,1023801}</t>. X3 Editor 2 was crashing on trying to load this file, which pointed me toward the problem. The error appears to be in the original TCAP/XRM merger patch, and is copied into the recent updated files.

The code line in XRM itself appears to be "<t id="1020619">{7,1023801}</t>". Elsewhere, the TCAP/XRM patch edits "<t id="1030619">" to be "<t id="1033801">". It seems Family Zyarth (0619) was renamed to Circle of Deceit (name assigned to 3801) by XRM, along with being given a new description. The TCAP/XRM patch appears to have swapped the new description over to 3801 (I assume where it would not get used, the intention just being to restore Family Zyarth), and restored the original name by swapping the name reference as well, generating the circular reference.

In short, I think the fix is just to comment out or remove line 71 in 7027-L044.xml. If left as-is, I don't know what the X3 engine would do in this case - maybe quietly ignore it, or maybe introduce some subtle bugs.
I reviewed the files and I agree with your assessment. I updated the XRM-TCAP patch with a new version of 7027-L044.xml that has the offending line commented out.

CoreX
x4

Post by CoreX » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 15:27

DL Link is down. Please reup. :D

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 16:32

CoreX wrote:DL Link is down. Please reup. :D
For which file do you mean? The main XRM-TCAP mod, or one of my patches/fixes?

Chokeslam
x3ap

Post by Chokeslam » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 23:17

Mythrantar, would you mind to post a load order for XRM, TCAP, and IEX? I'm confused as to where your patch goes and what, if anything, it replaces.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 00:23

Correct order is: IEX -> XRM -> TCAP -> XRM-TCAP -> XRM-TCAP patch for AP -> XRM-TCAP patch for IEX

Chokeslam
x3ap

Post by Chokeslam » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 02:16

Mythrantar wrote:Correct order is: IEX -> XRM -> TCAP -> XRM-TCAP -> XRM-TCAP patch for AP -> XRM-TCAP patch for IEX
Awesome, thank you! So there's no need for the XRMi-TCAP file mentioned in the IEX thread?

Killer199
x4

Post by Killer199 » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 03:31

The Download Link for the TC plots in AP XRM compability patch is broken.

Chokeslam
x3ap

Post by Chokeslam » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 02:25

Mythrantar wrote:Grab it form here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c6n2x4c7v ... _Final.rar
I was just getting all the files setup in anticipation of installing AP tomorrow, and I noticed that the file you've linked here(which I assume is the one meant to go between the asterisks here: IEX -> XRM -> TCAP -> *XRM-TCAP* -> XRM-TCAP patch for AP -> XRM-TCAP patch for IEX) is not in .cat/.dat form. Will it work if I put the files straight into the addon directory, or should I use the X3 editor to put them into a .cat file so I can control the load order?

I hope my language made sense there.

onslow77

Post by onslow77 » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 21:20

Hello!

Please clarify the installation instructions. In the OP:s first post the instructions is to NOT unpack the contents in .../Terran Conflict/addon/ folder.
However, the latest version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c6n2x4c7v ... _Final.rar contains an "addon" and a"objects" folder.

Where in .../Terran Conflict/... shall I put the contents from those folders?

Regards
Martin

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Wed, 1. Nov 17, 08:20

You shouldn't be modifying the folder layout of the files in the archive in any way. If the instruction is to extract the files to a certain directory (in this case .../Terran Conflict/), then you extract the entire thing into that folder, maintaining the folder structure that is present in the archive. In this case that means you merge the addon/ directory that's present in the archive with the .../Terran Conflict/addon/ directory, and you merge the objects/ directory in the archive with the .../Terran Conflict/objects/ directory.

The instruction *not* to unpack the contents into .../Terran Conflict/addon/ was because you don't want to wind up with a .../Terran Conflict/addon/addon/ directory structure; the addon/ directory in the archive is intended to be merged over top of the .../Terran Conflict/addon/ directory, not to be added inside of it.

I hope that helps.

Also: Thanks for updating this when I couldn't, Mythrantar!

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sat, 20. Jan 18, 15:37

Hey man probably this topic is dead by now but im wondering if this patch is compatible with 1.30d of xrm

ztd74
x3

Post by ztd74 » Fri, 26. Jan 18, 01:48

Hi. First of all: THANKS to everyone that has put effort on this. This is HOW X3:AP should have been from the very beginning. My deepest respect to all. Now to the point: can someone if possible clearly states the installation order to get a full working X3:AP+IEX+XRM+LostColony+TCplotinAP setup? I went through hundreds of posts and sometimes informations are contraddictory, mainly related to the .cat/.dat order . I try to summarize what I was able to understand by now:

1 - install x3:Albion Prelude (eheh obviously...)
2 - install IE (mandatory for IEX)
3 - install IEX
4 - install XRM
4b - install XRMI (for compatibility with IEX)?
5 - install Bonus Pack 5.1.0.0?
6 - install TC plot in AP for XRM with patches
7 - install LoCo with patches.

So some questions:
a - XRMI has to be installed too? If so which version (XRMi or XRMi-TCAP)?
b - Bonus pack is worth to be installed?
c - which patches are needed for step 6 and in which order?
d - which patches are needed for step 7 and in which order?

on page 8 of this post Mythrantar explaines the order to use his patches, but I cannot figure out what files must to be installed.

Again: many thanks to all involved in this project. I'm sorry for bothering, but It's been two months now I've read all the posts I could to figure out how to make things working and I still cannot understand because informations are scattered. So please I beg for help into summarize and clarify every step.
Sorry for my english.

-XeNoN-
x4

Re: [MOD] [XRM:AP] TC Plots in XRM:Albion Prelude

Post by -XeNoN- » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 13:31

Found some bugs with updated TC/AP plots in XRM:

If you started AP plot and entered sectors Althes/Aldrin/Segaris/Megnir your Terran/ATF ranks will go up to positive ranks, if you kill Terran/ATF ships the rank will go down but will automatically go back to positive rank 7 for both ATF/Terran
Also ATF Outpost plot intereferes with XRM station placement in Segaris meaning there are two stations one Military Outpoust from ATF Outpoust plot and XRM/AP Orbital Defence station

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”