[AL Plugin] Litcube's Phanon Corporation V1.21

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 15:28

There seams to be a bug in X3AP with this AIplugin when using !move.jumptostation by one of the Phanonship if the nearest "Gate" is a jumpbeacon, the script frezzes completly at this point.
Other race ships normaly needs relation friend to the owner of the beacon to use it, you may need to white your own jumptostation.
a renamed copy of all needed vanilla X3TC jump scripts should be enough, these scripts should be:
!move.jump.xml
!jumptogate.nearest.xml
!move.jumptostation.xml
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 22:46

1.22 - No restart req:
- Massive increase in performance with two scripts. All main tick cycles now last no longer than 2 sec (even at 1000 Phanon Corp ships).
- Rewrote some of the asset notification message.

PromX
x4

Post by PromX » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 23:24

I guess that this new version is not going to give those update benefits to XRM with Phanon compatibility patch?

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 16:08

I updated inbetween generations, so that might be the cause, but I just noticed something strange as soon as the new one popped out:

[ external image ]

The initial fund grant turns out as a null value. However it looks like they settle in fine anyway, as they did indeed spawn with what seems an adequate number of cap ships and bombers - for the current level - in their home sector.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 16:11

Uh oh. What generation were you on?

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 16:19

It's the Megax, so I was between the fifth and the sixth generation. I had already beaten the previous one (Omicron Ltd) a few hours before updating to the new version.

I'll edit the T file to make the generations respawn much faster and cheat through them a bit to confirm if the problem is there even at other levels and/or after resetting the plugin from the beginning.

EDIT: The issue does indeed represents itself on further generations, and even by resetting the AL plugin so that the Phanon restarts from the beginning. The asset reports turn out bugged as well, as you can see here (the report from the Megax in my current game)

[ external image ]

and here (after restarting the plugin)

[ external image ]

What's been shown is my actual game clock.
Last edited by Kadatherion on Sun, 15. Dec 13, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 16:34

Or just run al.LitQB.PhanCorp.SpyReport. Click the Money line.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 16:42

Manually running the spy report script gives me this (taken with the Megax generation just after it being spawn), and clicking on the money line adds ~5 million credits per click.

Interesting enough, the TL row shows the sector where the Phanon spawns rather than the actual number of TLs they have.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 16:44

Yup, that's all expected. It's a debug tool.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 17:47

Not sure if it might help or save you some time, but here is a screen of the debug report taken in the same conditions (right after the spawning of the Megax generation), with the old 1.21 scripts (and the t file reverted to its defaults for the timers).

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 17:49

Yeah, something's $^$#'d.

I'll do a repack and an update today

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 20:25

Yeah, I figured it out. In my zeal, I had inadvertently used a few of my new script commands which are obviously not compatible with your installation.

This has been back rolled.

Too bad too. I had implemented auto-upgrading corporations and added a few new tweaks.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 21:22

Heh, no big deal: we are all like vultures anyway, just waiting to throw ourselves at your full universe mod. :P

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 22:47

Is there a quick cheat way of finding out where they various stage corporations are based? I like to have them running but some of the early stages are too weak and so it would be nice to edit the delay between respawns and zip in and wipe out the early versions.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 23:13

Feygan, both the sectors where they settle in and the delay between respawn is customizable via the included t file.

By default they'd always spawn into Quiet Tides (former Unknown Sector in TC), so you might want to at least change that value to point to one (or more) completely empty sector(s) if you are on AP.

Refer to the notes at the end of the opening post for further details.

richbroughan
x3ap

Post by richbroughan » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 11:57

Litcube wrote: Too bad too. I had implemented auto-upgrading corporations and added a few new tweaks.
Any word on that update master?
Also, would it be too difficult to add the Phanon subsidiaries into the corp stock exchanges? Like buy up shares early and cheap as a sort of 'investment' then sell them all before they are liquidated? :)

Pyas
x3tc

Post by Pyas » Sun, 9. Feb 14, 19:27

Thank you for the script and work on this, Litcube.

I do have a problem however; it seems that the Phanon do nothing but chill out in their home sector. I am on the third generation (Vashire, I think), and this problem has effected the two previous generations as well.

They start out fine, and I have seen their traders around, but inevitably they will attempt to trade with my complex in Asteroid Belt, and subsequently be destroyed by my ships guarding that station. After that, I won't see another Phanon trader anywhere in the universe, as they seem to just hang out at their HQ.

Then, they seem not to replace anything. I have even edited the t file to give them a bigger salary, but after leaving the game on overnight (which I have done for multiple generations), they still have the same amount of ships, and are sitting on 400 million in liquid assets.

Darth_Wayner

Post by Darth_Wayner » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 01:03

I've noticed the same...

They start out fine, but once I kill one of their ships, everything stops. Their freighters can be found floating motionless, presumably where they were when I killed the first ship.

One of the times that I tried running this, when it came time to attack their sector I was surprised to see their HQ sitting idle without a single ship defending it. I ordered a single frigate to attack and left the sector. A while later I got the swoosh.

Morthias

Post by Morthias » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 12:42

Just a quick question. In my game I have already amassed a sizable fleet and I am looking for ways to increase the difficulty a bit, so I came across this nice plugin. But I have the impression that this script is built for a new game start. Does it have any use to try it out now, or is it like shooting fish in a barrel?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 12:44

Phanon works fine at any point in the game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”