[AL Plugin] Litcube's Phanon Corporation V1.21

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

richbroughan
x3ap

Post by richbroughan » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 11:57

Litcube wrote: Too bad too. I had implemented auto-upgrading corporations and added a few new tweaks.
Any word on that update master?
Also, would it be too difficult to add the Phanon subsidiaries into the corp stock exchanges? Like buy up shares early and cheap as a sort of 'investment' then sell them all before they are liquidated? :)

Pyas
x3tc

Post by Pyas » Sun, 9. Feb 14, 19:27

Thank you for the script and work on this, Litcube.

I do have a problem however; it seems that the Phanon do nothing but chill out in their home sector. I am on the third generation (Vashire, I think), and this problem has effected the two previous generations as well.

They start out fine, and I have seen their traders around, but inevitably they will attempt to trade with my complex in Asteroid Belt, and subsequently be destroyed by my ships guarding that station. After that, I won't see another Phanon trader anywhere in the universe, as they seem to just hang out at their HQ.

Then, they seem not to replace anything. I have even edited the t file to give them a bigger salary, but after leaving the game on overnight (which I have done for multiple generations), they still have the same amount of ships, and are sitting on 400 million in liquid assets.

Darth_Wayner

Post by Darth_Wayner » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 01:03

I've noticed the same...

They start out fine, but once I kill one of their ships, everything stops. Their freighters can be found floating motionless, presumably where they were when I killed the first ship.

One of the times that I tried running this, when it came time to attack their sector I was surprised to see their HQ sitting idle without a single ship defending it. I ordered a single frigate to attack and left the sector. A while later I got the swoosh.

Morthias

Post by Morthias » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 12:42

Just a quick question. In my game I have already amassed a sizable fleet and I am looking for ways to increase the difficulty a bit, so I came across this nice plugin. But I have the impression that this script is built for a new game start. Does it have any use to try it out now, or is it like shooting fish in a barrel?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 12:44

Phanon works fine at any point in the game.

agleave
x3tc

XRM Compatible?

Post by agleave » Sun, 23. Mar 14, 10:04

Does this script work with XRM???

Litcube
xr

Re: XRM Compatible?

Post by Litcube » Sun, 23. Mar 14, 10:26

agleave wrote:Does this script work with XRM???
That's my favourite question.

hourheroyes
x4

Post by hourheroyes » Tue, 25. Mar 14, 01:08

I also have issues with Phanon never leaving their home sector, never actually acquiring anything, and never growing. Seems like their liquid assets are high enough for them to procure whatever they want, but they never do...

agleave
x3tc

Broken ?

Post by agleave » Wed, 26. Mar 14, 03:41

hourheroyes wrote:I also have issues with Phanon never leaving their home sector, never actually acquiring anything, and never growing. Seems like their liquid assets are high enough for them to procure whatever they want, but they never do...
Litcube, is the fact that so many people seem to be having this issue with ships just doing nothing, is this a simple bug fix, or a major issue with the code itself? And are you still working on this as it sounds like an excellent add-on to X3.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 26. Mar 14, 10:22

No, I'm not. In reality, The Phanon Corporation has far exceeded the version you see on this thread.

Litcube's Universe (some mod I made) is going to be released soon. With that will come major updates to every script and mod I've submitted on this forum, along with a host of other stuff.

agleave
x3tc

Post by agleave » Wed, 26. Mar 14, 23:49

Litcube wrote:No, I'm not. In reality, The Phanon Corporation has far exceeded the version you see on this thread.

Litcube's Universe (some mod I made) is going to be released soon. With that will come major updates to every script and mod I've submitted on this forum, along with a host of other stuff.
Sounds very interesting. Will the 'new' Phanon Corp be released as a stand alone module at any stage, or just part of your new Universe mod?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 27. Mar 14, 00:06

agleave wrote:Sounds very interesting. Will the 'new' Phanon Corp be released as a stand alone module at any stage, or just part of your new Universe mod?
Funny you'd ask that!

There's an FAQ section on the Litcube's Universe wiki that answers that question specifically. A shorter answer is no.

Kual
x3ap

Post by Kual » Thu, 27. Mar 14, 07:50

Is the Litcube's Universe wiki online? I couldn't find it.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 23:39

There's be a post in this forum soon once it's open. That will be soon (a few weeks or so, maybe even less).

Kual
x3ap

Post by Kual » Mon, 31. Mar 14, 10:10

Thanks!

I am really looking forward to your mod.

Createse
x4

Post by Createse » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 02:54

Why wait.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 05:57

You're the man, Cre.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Fri, 4. Apr 14, 16:25

Hi! I'm playing AP

I sometimes notice that some phanon ts ships just stop dead in space. This ussually happens when their destination is a terran factory particularly terran factories in war sectors.. any idea why is this happening?

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Tue, 18. Nov 14, 16:20

Im Being a bit thick here, i have clicked on the link and i am redirected to http://xdownloads.co.uk/index.php/compo ... orporation

But there seems to be an issue, i can't find the script at all for this, seems its missing or im being thick and cant find it, has anyone a direct download of it?

Thanks
X3TC - Awesome
AP - Just started playing - Looks impressive
don't play Reunion - Too old
Rebirth - we all know the problems here

We're All dying from the moment we are Born.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Tue, 18. Nov 14, 23:23

Download Link: [ external image ]
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”