[AL Plugin] Litcube's Phanon Corporation V1.21

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 02:42

For those of you not using LU that still want to use PhanonCorp 1.21 in AP, you probably notice it doesn't quite work right. There are two main reasons for this, and it turns out they are both very easy to fix:

Problem 1: PhanonCorp ships sit and do nothing when trying to jump to a remote destination. Often that destination is in Terran space.

Fix: At first I thought this was the PhanonCorp ships trying to jump to ToAs and spazzing out. I ruled that out when I saw them moving just fine in the Albion systems. It turns out, the actual problem is that starting with AP, jumping to a beacon requires friendly relations with the owner of the beacon. In AP, there are few gates in Terran space, and even if you converted gates to ToAs, often the Terran beacons are closer to their stations than the ToAs, so PhanonCorp still got stuck. The fix is easy.

Adjust al.LitQB.PhanCorp.SetRelations to give "Friendly" reputation and positive notoriety (I just put in 500,000) between Race 1 and commonwealth races. This simple adjustment was made, and boom! PhanonCorp now operates in Terran space without problem. Rarely you'd see this problem in CW space too, if jumping to a CW beacon.

Problem 2: PhanonCorp pilots bail at the drop of a hat. If using a bailing mod, it's even worse, with their OOS ships also frequently bailing. Their home sector might be full of abandon ships if any hostile entities attack them.

Fix: When the ships are created, they have no morale. I saw someone post a suggested fix for XRM, and tried it in AP, and it worked great. PhanonCorp ships now fight on as they should.

Adjust al.LitQB.PhanCorp.MakeShip with the following changes:

365 $Morale = random value from 20 to 100 - 1
366 $Fightskill = random value from 20 to 100 - 1
367 $Aggression = random value from 20 to 100 - 1
368 $Ship -> set pilot morale: $Morale
369 $Ship -> set pilot fightskill: $Fightskill
370 $Ship -> set pilot aggression: $Aggression

And that's it.

Since this is Litcube's thing and he has moved on to LU, I won't post modified versions of the scripts without his permission, but you can make the adjustments yourself fairly easily if you wish. It's really only useful if you are using AP without XRM or LU.

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 08:18

Hi soulmata,

I just installed Phanon so thank you, your advice is timely.

In my game I'm using Improved Races 2 with 'True Relations' activated. This means I lose rep with the friends of a race if I kill that race's ships. If I make Phanon friends with the other races it's going to make space very interesting if I kill their ships. Is it possible for Phanon to use the jump beacons if I just increase Phanon's rep while leaving them neutral to the other races?

Also, just read not to bother with your changes if using XRM. Why? I'm using XRM for sure.

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 09:15

FriendlyFirePhoenix wrote:Hi soulmata,

I just installed Phanon so thank you, your advice is timely.

In my game I'm using Improved Races 2 with 'True Relations' activated. This means I lose rep with the friends of a race if I kill that race's ships. If I make Phanon friends with the other races it's going to make space very interesting if I kill their ships. Is it possible for Phanon to use the jump beacons if I just increase Phanon's rep while leaving them neutral to the other races?

Also, just read not to bother with your changes if using XRM. Why? I'm using XRM for sure.
Regarding IR2, what matters is the "Commonwealth/Terran" view of "Race 1", which is the PhanonCorp. Phanon's notoriety in the eyes of those races must be at least rank 3 in order to use beacons. Unless IR2 /explicitly/ adjusts Race 1 in such a fashion, it most likely will not fix it or have any impact.

You killing their ships will have no impact either way; Phanon already is permanently hostile to the player.

Regarding XRM, I do not know if the changes have already been fixed for XRM or not, and I do not understand much about how XRM handles bailing or whatnot compared to AP. I mention this as a disclaimer, because XRM changes a wide variety of things.

You can test it yourself pretty easy, though. As soon as you see a Phanon trader (first gen is TandiTech), go up and start blasting him. If his TS bails pretty much the instant his shields drop and his ship isn't shooting at you (he may still release drones), you've got the bug. For the second bug, if you ever see Phanon TS just idling in space at 0m/s, with their current command being a move command, you've got the bug.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Fri, 30. Jun 17, 18:05

Yeah those values are also missing from XRM. I quick correction though: The lines to be entered should read as below (just straight up copy/paste in line 446 of the XRM version of al.LitQB.PhanCorp.MakeShip.xlm):

$Morale = random value between 20 and 99
$Fightskill = random value between 20 and 99
$Aggression = random value between 20 and 99
$Ship -> set pilot morale: $Morale
$Ship -> set pilot fightskill to $Fightskill
$Ship -> set pilot aggression: $Aggression

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 22:26

Phanon XRM-AP (no need to download anything else): Improved starting funds and funds per tick; added all XRM Race ships as buyable by Phanon (except for Xenon, Kha'ak, Pirates and Yaki). Also includes Soulmata's fixes.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7y84xvc17 ... on_XRM.zip

Unzip in your addon folder.
Last edited by Mythrantar on Sun, 6. Aug 17, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 12:04

Also includes Soulmata's fixes.
Mythrantar, I downloaded your Phanon and al.LitQB.PhanCorp.SetRelations still has relation of all races to Race 1 set to 0. One of Soulmata's fixes was to raise relations so Phanon would use jump beacons. Am I missing something here?

Personally I set rep to 1000 and left them neutral. This gets them past the rep needed to use the beacons, but doesn't leave me losing rep with every race when I kill Phanon ships while utilising Improved Races 2.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 17:42

You are absolutely right; I had updated the file in my own personal installation and then forgot to update the zip file. Apologies for this; the link above now points to the updated version.

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 06:59

No worries. Thanks for the fix.

Also in al.LitQB.PhanCorp.MakeShip the lines for setting morale are still:

$Morale = random value from 20 to 100 - 1
$Fightskill = random value from 20 to 100 - 1
$Aggression = random value from 20 to 100 - 1
$Ship -> set pilot fightskill: $Fightskill

As per Soulmata's fix. You stated they should be:

$Morale = random value between 20 and 99
$Fightskill = random value between 20 and 99
$Aggression = random value between 20 and 99
$Ship -> set pilot fightskill to $Fightskill

You may want to change your file to reflect this.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 00:24

That's so strange; thankfully it doesn't matter as "99" = "100 - 1" fpr the script. The important correction was in the last line, which went through.

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Wed, 23. Aug 17, 08:36

So Soulmata's rep fix has fixed one problem and introduced another problem (though less serious). Now killing Phanon traders in main race sectors leads to rep loss with that race. Not quite synonymous with cutthroat corporate warfare. This is *not* being caused by Improved Races True Relations. This is vanilla behaviour.

I tried taking the rep between Phanon and main races down from 1000 to 100, which should still allow Phanon to use jump beacons, but there is still a rep loss. It has to be 0 to not cause a rep loss. Anyone got a clever solution to that problem?

Perahoky
x4

Post by Perahoky » Wed, 23. Aug 17, 21:26

Hallo,

the fix to set xenon and Kha'ak to enemies isn't available yet. Could someone provide me a new link to download this change, please, or tell me what to change in the script on my own? :)

Thanks!
"Hope is the last force i have"
"This is how liberty dies, with thounderous applause"
***Modified***

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Wed, 30. Aug 17, 14:04

@Perahoky Download the file from https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asr7k76nk3PVorIORpRRpCEPDLsv_Q. It is a modified al.LitQB.PhanCorp.SetRelations.xml. After Phanon is installed drop it into your game folder/addon/scripts and overwrite the previous file. If you're running a game with Phanon already activated and flying around you'll need to deactivate Phanon and restart ot for the relations to take effect.

In it I set Xenon and Kha'ak to enemies. It also has the fix suggested by Soulmata above. This makes Phanon able to use the main race's jump beacons . Unfortunately it has the annoying side effect of penalising your reputation every time you attack a Phanon ship in main race space as they are now buddies and not just neutral.

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Thu, 1. Mar 18, 23:06

FriendlyFirePhoenix wrote:@Perahoky Download the file from https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asr7k76nk3PVorIORpRRpCEPDLsv_Q. It is a modified al.LitQB.PhanCorp.SetRelations.xml. After Phanon is installed drop it into your game folder/addon/scripts and overwrite the previous file. If you're running a game with Phanon already activated and flying around you'll need to deactivate Phanon and restart ot for the relations to take effect.

In it I set Xenon and Kha'ak to enemies. It also has the fix suggested by Soulmata above. This makes Phanon able to use the main race's jump beacons . Unfortunately it has the annoying side effect of penalising your reputation every time you attack a Phanon ship in main race space as they are now buddies and not just neutral.
Is there anyway to get around the issue of loosing reputation ? Anyway I would like to thank you for this! Great work.

Cormyr
x3tc

Post by Cormyr » Sun, 8. Apr 18, 17:57

Is it normal for the Phanon Corp to not build any stations?

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Sat, 8. Sep 18, 13:07

Hello there,

I have an issue with the Phanon Corporation in the LxXRM mod suite.
I did post my issue on the LxXRM thread but I haven't get any answer to my problems.

It is the reputation of the phanon corporation with the other races : it appears that it is not neutral anymore : shooting their ships decreases my reputation with the race that belongs the sectors where I kill the phanon ships. I know that it's not the expected behavior.

While it's only TS I kill, I can handle the low reputation loss, but when I'll assault their stations, it'll become unplayable.

How can I reset the reputation of the phanon with other races to neutral?

Otherwise, it can also be a XRM or LU scripts that changes the behavior of how the reputation is managed, especially against neutral race?

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Sat, 8. Sep 18, 16:27

Its Soulmeta's relation fix that causing that to happen. Which gives Phanon enough rep to use jump beacons that other races own in XRM. Original Phanon has all rep set to 0.

Don't think there is a real fix for it.

Only thing you can do is either set their main spawn sectors up in unknown sectors and fight them in there with no rep loss (you can do so by editing the t file with Notepad++ or X2 editor you just need to know sector coordinates).

--OR--

Edit the al.LitQB.PhanCorp.SetRelations XML file with X-studio and set all relation except yours to 0. Its just changing numbers its easy.

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Sun, 9. Sep 18, 14:46

ThanksCloneSargaent,

I don't care that Phanon ship use the jump beacon.
So I've replaced the reputation values in the scripts, but should I need to restart a new game or reinitialize the phanon plugin in my game?
Or the changes will be directly taken into account?

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Sun, 9. Sep 18, 16:49

Just kill your current subsidiary of phanon(destroy their HQ) and the next one will use the new version of scripts.

Ostheim
x3ap

Re: [AL Plugin] Litcube's Phanon Corporation V1.21

Post by Ostheim » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 18:37

Link in the main post and in the most recent pages did not work... here's the correct one.

https://xdownloads.co.uk/index.php?opti ... Itemid=116

Goldfinch
x3tc

Re: [AL Plugin] Litcube's Phanon Corporation V1.21

Post by Goldfinch » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 00:36

Is it possible to play with a non-hostile Phanon, or are there any similar mods?

i.e. a neutral corporation that expands and builds using similar rules, but will also trade with the player and not attack unless provoked.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”