[AL Plugin] Litcube's Phanon Corporation V1.21

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Createse
x4

Post by Createse » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 02:54

Why wait.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 05:57

You're the man, Cre.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Fri, 4. Apr 14, 16:25

Hi! I'm playing AP

I sometimes notice that some phanon ts ships just stop dead in space. This ussually happens when their destination is a terran factory particularly terran factories in war sectors.. any idea why is this happening?

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Tue, 18. Nov 14, 16:20

Im Being a bit thick here, i have clicked on the link and i am redirected to http://xdownloads.co.uk/index.php/compo ... orporation

But there seems to be an issue, i can't find the script at all for this, seems its missing or im being thick and cant find it, has anyone a direct download of it?

Thanks
X3TC - Awesome
AP - Just started playing - Looks impressive
don't play Reunion - Too old
Rebirth - we all know the problems here

We're All dying from the moment we are Born.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Tue, 18. Nov 14, 23:23

Download Link: [ external image ]
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Wed, 19. Nov 14, 09:10

Thanks Jack :)
X3TC - Awesome
AP - Just started playing - Looks impressive
don't play Reunion - Too old
Rebirth - we all know the problems here

We're All dying from the moment we are Born.

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Thu, 25. Dec 14, 23:51

I hear this mod is good but broken, is it worth the download ? people have recommended L.U but I like the mods I have on. I'm torn whether or not to download this

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Fri, 26. Dec 14, 03:09

AFAIK the mod is not broken. It has issues, but its issues are probably more to do with broken Vanilla AP scripts.. That's my personal take on it as I've found several bugs in Vanilla scripts over the last few days that might explain some of the weird behavior I've seen in this and other AL scripts. The bugs that I've seen in Phanon I've also seen in the Pirates Guild 3 (stalled ships). Other than than the stalled ship issue it should be fine.

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Sat, 27. Dec 14, 00:26

zanzal wrote:AFAIK the mod is not broken. It has issues, but its issues are probably more to do with broken Vanilla AP scripts.. That's my personal take on it as I've found several bugs in Vanilla scripts over the last few days that might explain some of the weird behavior I've seen in this and other AL scripts. The bugs that I've seen in Phanon I've also seen in the Pirates Guild 3 (stalled ships). Other than than the stalled ship issue it should be fine.
That's strange I've never had any stalling problems with Pirate Guild 3.. In an older version of this mod I have though, that's why I am hesitant to download it again

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 01:43

I wonder if pirate guild and this mod have compatibility issues

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 13:31

-pault193- wrote:I wonder if pirate guild and this mod have compatibility issues
I used the two together for a while and I didn't notice any compatibility issues. If you are using XRM though there is an XRM patch that is not from Litcube (i don't remember who made the patch) to make it work right under XRM. If you are having issues with it then you can disable the mod any time just by turning the AL plugin off. After that it will not run any more until you turn it back on. You don't even need to uninstall it. Keep in mind Phanon starts off weak and if you don't kill them off they'll never get any stronger.

sittinSideways

Post by sittinSideways » Mon, 12. Jan 15, 19:14

Hehe, last time I posted in this topic was 4 years ago.

Anyhow, it seems the original download link is now dead, so I can't download this script for my version of AP. Does anyone have a mirror?

Bozz13
x3ap

Post by Bozz13 » Sun, 25. Jan 15, 21:55

Jack posted a link a few posts earlier, scroll up.

sorry for my english.

Lukespacewalker

Post by Lukespacewalker » Thu, 26. Jan 17, 21:26

main link is outdated please help!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 26. Jan 17, 21:36

Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 02:42

For those of you not using LU that still want to use PhanonCorp 1.21 in AP, you probably notice it doesn't quite work right. There are two main reasons for this, and it turns out they are both very easy to fix:

Problem 1: PhanonCorp ships sit and do nothing when trying to jump to a remote destination. Often that destination is in Terran space.

Fix: At first I thought this was the PhanonCorp ships trying to jump to ToAs and spazzing out. I ruled that out when I saw them moving just fine in the Albion systems. It turns out, the actual problem is that starting with AP, jumping to a beacon requires friendly relations with the owner of the beacon. In AP, there are few gates in Terran space, and even if you converted gates to ToAs, often the Terran beacons are closer to their stations than the ToAs, so PhanonCorp still got stuck. The fix is easy.

Adjust al.LitQB.PhanCorp.SetRelations to give "Friendly" reputation and positive notoriety (I just put in 500,000) between Race 1 and commonwealth races. This simple adjustment was made, and boom! PhanonCorp now operates in Terran space without problem. Rarely you'd see this problem in CW space too, if jumping to a CW beacon.

Problem 2: PhanonCorp pilots bail at the drop of a hat. If using a bailing mod, it's even worse, with their OOS ships also frequently bailing. Their home sector might be full of abandon ships if any hostile entities attack them.

Fix: When the ships are created, they have no morale. I saw someone post a suggested fix for XRM, and tried it in AP, and it worked great. PhanonCorp ships now fight on as they should.

Adjust al.LitQB.PhanCorp.MakeShip with the following changes:

365 $Morale = random value from 20 to 100 - 1
366 $Fightskill = random value from 20 to 100 - 1
367 $Aggression = random value from 20 to 100 - 1
368 $Ship -> set pilot morale: $Morale
369 $Ship -> set pilot fightskill: $Fightskill
370 $Ship -> set pilot aggression: $Aggression

And that's it.

Since this is Litcube's thing and he has moved on to LU, I won't post modified versions of the scripts without his permission, but you can make the adjustments yourself fairly easily if you wish. It's really only useful if you are using AP without XRM or LU.

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 08:18

Hi soulmata,

I just installed Phanon so thank you, your advice is timely.

In my game I'm using Improved Races 2 with 'True Relations' activated. This means I lose rep with the friends of a race if I kill that race's ships. If I make Phanon friends with the other races it's going to make space very interesting if I kill their ships. Is it possible for Phanon to use the jump beacons if I just increase Phanon's rep while leaving them neutral to the other races?

Also, just read not to bother with your changes if using XRM. Why? I'm using XRM for sure.

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 09:15

FriendlyFirePhoenix wrote:Hi soulmata,

I just installed Phanon so thank you, your advice is timely.

In my game I'm using Improved Races 2 with 'True Relations' activated. This means I lose rep with the friends of a race if I kill that race's ships. If I make Phanon friends with the other races it's going to make space very interesting if I kill their ships. Is it possible for Phanon to use the jump beacons if I just increase Phanon's rep while leaving them neutral to the other races?

Also, just read not to bother with your changes if using XRM. Why? I'm using XRM for sure.
Regarding IR2, what matters is the "Commonwealth/Terran" view of "Race 1", which is the PhanonCorp. Phanon's notoriety in the eyes of those races must be at least rank 3 in order to use beacons. Unless IR2 /explicitly/ adjusts Race 1 in such a fashion, it most likely will not fix it or have any impact.

You killing their ships will have no impact either way; Phanon already is permanently hostile to the player.

Regarding XRM, I do not know if the changes have already been fixed for XRM or not, and I do not understand much about how XRM handles bailing or whatnot compared to AP. I mention this as a disclaimer, because XRM changes a wide variety of things.

You can test it yourself pretty easy, though. As soon as you see a Phanon trader (first gen is TandiTech), go up and start blasting him. If his TS bails pretty much the instant his shields drop and his ship isn't shooting at you (he may still release drones), you've got the bug. For the second bug, if you ever see Phanon TS just idling in space at 0m/s, with their current command being a move command, you've got the bug.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Fri, 30. Jun 17, 18:05

Yeah those values are also missing from XRM. I quick correction though: The lines to be entered should read as below (just straight up copy/paste in line 446 of the XRM version of al.LitQB.PhanCorp.MakeShip.xlm):

$Morale = random value between 20 and 99
$Fightskill = random value between 20 and 99
$Aggression = random value between 20 and 99
$Ship -> set pilot morale: $Morale
$Ship -> set pilot fightskill to $Fightskill
$Ship -> set pilot aggression: $Aggression

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 22:26

Phanon XRM-AP (no need to download anything else): Improved starting funds and funds per tick; added all XRM Race ships as buyable by Phanon (except for Xenon, Kha'ak, Pirates and Yaki). Also includes Soulmata's fixes.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7y84xvc17 ... on_XRM.zip

Unzip in your addon folder.
Last edited by Mythrantar on Sun, 6. Aug 17, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”