Emergency Jump [TC][AP][Script]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 29. May 13, 17:02

Yes, it is a chronic problem which has led to hundreds of stale links on this forum.

I believe that github has the same problem as Google Code (they have closed their download section).

x1tp.com is (currently) the closest thing to an X download site.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Tue, 3. Dec 13, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Thu, 30. May 13, 20:16

Could it be that the ship tries to jump to Ocracokes Storm because it was "liberated" from the Yaki. Yaki do hate me and i do give em equal love back and have built myself a VERY efficant frigate-pack from ships liberated from em.

Nowdays i use a PHQ as a homebase so they should jump there automaticly(?) but when no home was set they jumped allways to O-storm no matter where they were. They jumped there even if they were allready there... Cant remember if they re-jumped if attacked in O-storm.

If you want to re-create it, cap a Kariudo, arm it and send it somewhere to get hurt OR just cheat a yaki-one and turn the ownership over to you... Mine were legit captures.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 30. May 13, 20:25

If "liberated" means that you used a script to change the ownership of Oracoke's Storm, then that might explain why ships think it is an OK place to jump. Why they always jump there is more mysterious.

Are you saying that all ships that jump to Oracoke's Storm have a homebase set? Where is the homebase?

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Thu, 30. May 13, 20:29

O-storm is still Yaki sector. The ships were stolen in there. Maybe something lingers in the ships...

They jumped there when the DID NOT have a home-base set. Gotta test how they function now when the DO have home set. Only the Kariudos jump to O-storm, rest jump elsewhere as normal.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 30. May 13, 20:32

swatti wrote: Only the Kariudos jump to O-storm, rest jump elsewhere as normal.
Aha.

Try Super Script Killer (SSK) (for captured/boarded ships) on them and let me know if that fixes the problem.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Thu, 30. May 13, 21:36

My shipyard bought Artemis M7 jumped FROM O-storm into Weavers Tempest...

EDIT: no home set for the arty.

EDIT2: Kariudo "liberated" from the Yaki jumped to PHQ-sector(where its home is) from O-storm. Seems to work

EDIT3: Small request if its not too complex to make. When home is set, jump there, as its now doing, clear ALL orders and dock home, if possible... As in go back to "resupply" since you got owned.

im on a poor connection so i set the forum not to display pictures, i cant seem to find the SSK dl-link. Direct link pls.

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 00:55

I found this mod which you uploaded to xdownloads a while back, xdownloads failed to publish it at that time. Edited the download entry and here it is if you want it.

[ external image ]
Last edited by SS_T on Thu, 26. Nov 15, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
New XDownloads: http://xdownloads.co.uk

littleliliput
x3ap

Post by littleliliput » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 12:05

Would it be possible to make this script compatible with Codea? Right now ships running Emergency Jump and Codea at the same time are going crazy: they jump to the center of the sector they were attacked in, and if I try to set a homebase then they'll fly to it and stop reacting to orders. It's a wonderful script and I'd really like to use it in my game.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 04:40

littleliliput wrote:ships running Emergency Jump and Codea at the same time ... jump to the center of the sector they were attacked in, and if I try to set a homebase then they'll fly to it and stop reacting to orders.
I am afraid that I do not know exactly what CODEA is doing that interferes with Emergency Jump. I do know that several of Lucike's scripts have an option to jump to the center of sectors rather than jumping to a specific gate. I think that he does this in order to avoid traffic jams at gates, which can be a problem for fleet movements. I believe that the feature is adjustable in an optional language file.

However, I do not know why Emergency Jump would not jump to a different sector. Emergency Jump will only jump to the same sector if it cannot find any other safe sector nearby.
  • Did you install CODEA after Emergency Jump? If so, then try reinstalling Emergency Jump. Just guessing here, but If both scripts modify the same vanilla script, then you might have better luck with Emergency Jump's version. Of course, that will probably mean some loss of CODEA functionality. If that is what is going on, then you will have an "either/or" choice to make.

When you say that ships with homebases "fly to it then stop reacting to orders", can you give me an example? Do the ships *dock* at their homebase? Can you jump the ships somewhere else after they arrive at homebase? What do you mean by "stop reacting to orders"?

littleliliput
x3ap

Post by littleliliput » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 10:34

Thank you for your answer, I'll try to look for this options in CODEA configuration.

I've installed Emergency Jump after CODEA and tried to reinstall it several times later. Still no luck.

As for the homebase thing: I add my destroyers to blue wing, set Xenon Hub as their homebase and they immediately jump to it and start docking. After they do, they ignore orders (idle, jump to, attack, any order really) and remain docked.

The script runs just fine unless I try to use it on CODEA ships.
Thank you for helping me it's a great piece of work.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 10:44

Try the homebase thing on a ship that is not assigned to a wing. An active wing command may override individual commands that you give to a ship. That is not related to either CODEA or Emergency Jump -- it is just the way that wings work.
  • To get the wing to do something, give the wing a command (rather than trying to command individual ships).

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Wed, 26. Mar 14, 20:17

There seems to be glitch here. Emergency jump works well enough. But it prefers some rather odd destinations. For example, my Centaur jumped from Ocracoke's Storm to lost order which is hostile and rather far away. On top of that, it got attacked in Lost order and proceeded to jump to .. Lost order.

And did that again before being blown up finally.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 26. Mar 14, 23:46

That is an interesting report, Barleyman.

Somebody else reported similar behavior.

It is no surprise that Emergency Jump favors the same sector, if that sector is chosen intelligently. The only reason that Emergency Jump should ever jump to a dangerous sector is if no safe sectors are nearby.

So maybe there is something wrong with the search for a safe sector.

I will put it on the list to try to reproduce and fix for a future version. It may take a while, though.

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Thu, 27. Mar 14, 00:10

It seems different ships have their own "favourite sectors" where they tend to end up in. This particular centaur usually seems to hit lost order. Other ships pick other destinations but I had a springblossom also jump into another pirate sector, can't remember which one, thought.

it's almost as if 2nd hand ships are going home ie where they originally got capped..

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 27. Mar 14, 01:28

Yep. That was it.

Thank you for the report, Barleyman!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 27. Mar 14, 02:38

Bug Fix

Emergency Jump

4 (2014-03-26)
* Will not jump to homesector (which can be incorrectly set on stolen or captured ships). (Barleyman)

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Sat, 5. Apr 14, 01:05

Xdownloads link doesn't actually work, it's offering the old version. I thought I'm just going crazy with corvette hankering for it's old home but nah, 2013 version is offered..

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 5. Apr 14, 01:11

Wow, thanks for the report, Barleyman!

Fixed.

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Sat, 5. Apr 14, 01:25

Hey, that took all of five minutes. And they say customer service is dead! :wink:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 5. Apr 14, 01:32

Customer Service is not dead yet. It is run by Helen Wayte.

If you have a problem, go to Helen Wayte. ;)
  • (just kidding) ... I never would have known without your report.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”