[PROGRAM] XSEY EDITOR (Map editor)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Re: [PROGRAM] XSEY EDITOR (Map editor)

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 00:48

I debugged the behavior a little further and like to share my results with anybody who may be interested.
My first thought was wrong: Missing text-ids don't crash the editor, it causes just readtext-errors, similar to X-ingame behavior
Also the new gate-subtype "25" for the Hyperspeed access point does not cause any problems.
Also the new attributes of the sector-definitions, introduced with FL,

Code: Select all

planets="1" moons="2" nameid="1023900" descid="1033900
does not cause problems
BUT the missing attributes of the sector-definitions for the different station-jobs:

Code: Select all

qtrade="100" qfight="100" qbuild="100" qthink="100"
crashed the editor.

I added this attributes to some test-sectors and created an x3_universe.xml just with this modified sectors - combined it with the original 00749.bod from X3FL and the 0001-L0xxx.XML and it works!

Now I have 2 things to fix left:
1. how/ with which tool or script language can I seach for the pattern of the sector header and add the missing attribues automatically quickly?
2. the 0001-L0xxx.XML does not contain the sector names for the FL x3_universe map in the right format like <t id="1020102">Rolk's Drift</t> - in which text-file the sector names of the FL-Map are defined?

any help is appreciated

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”