Anarkis Defense System - Real Wings Edition v1.16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 21. Nov 14, 17:24

rmazurek wrote:Yes, I thought about this issues myself.

Maybe another approach: make ADS versions of jump command and maybe some other? It would work this way that first dock fithers to carrier, next execute command. Would be complicated?
I already implemented that by allowing to define a patrol route for the autocarrier. You choose the sectors to patrol, along with some other options (illuminate the sector with advanced satellites).
It SHOULD now be able to jump from sector to sector, waiting for any fighters to dock first. I did not test this extensively, as well as the grid network. Check them out.....

EDIT
Regarding transfer of personell to a docked station.... it works, I just checked.
You got to call the Crew Duty Management, there you are able to transfer crew back and forth.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 15:24

Well maybe the simpliest thing is to put orders into queue untill the fighting in the carrier is done. So you avoid most of the issues, and simply forbid ADS on player ships which if i remember can't work on original ADS either.

The main issue with your approach is you can't use the carrier for anything except patrol. I used an old version of your script last year with which i could put my Aran in a main fleet as a supplier and carrier, and when the fleet jump somewhere to engage all work fine. The aran launched his 10 Hyperions and 10 Scirion while resuplying my M7/M2 when backing.

Another use was in UFJS i used the aran with 10 falcon miners while it was set on auto carrier with a sciron/m8 wing to protect while mining Nividium

Now all this can't work anymore and it's a few uses i had about it.

Anyway, on another issue, directly linked to what you had in the script and is awsome, i ran a bit with the station def and was a bit despointed.
I tryed to set one in manelaus paradise and actually it's pretty useless.

The fact is you can't use M8 OOS ... Cause they can't fire missiles. So having a bomber wing sitting there with your dock full of tomahawks and the base set on resupply don't help much. And you can't asign M7 or M2 for the script. (Same issue with the aran, you can't put a M7 or M2 on the large dock bay).
Why is it an issue? Cause in AP You have sh*t load of M7 patrolling everywhere, specially xenons. And the rest can be wiped by a couple of laser turrets. (Yeah put 5 laser towers with a satellite somewhere and anything smaller than a Q with is wing will be wiped and pack 30 of them even a J will be thorned). And it's really cheaper than buying a dock and puting a few M6 inside who will be destroyed engaging stupidely a J.

So allowing the script to manag M2 of M7 would be the simple way to do cause right now i can't find anyuse for my defense dock lol/

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 15:56

Checked patrol - it works. However still it would be good to be able to make jump to another sector that is not on patroll list. Keep forgeting to disable ADS first.

Marines transfer works too. However only from carrier to station. It's impossible to make transfer between station and TP.

One more question as I don't think it was mentioned. Does ADS use Mosquito Missiles Defence or something similar? Not sure if ADS fighters are protected against enemy missiles and it's rather important, specially with XRM. If I set it manually then I get a lot of messages about disabling it as fighters often use all the missiles (usually set 100% chance of using missiles).

The same about drones. Do they use drones in combat?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 23:03

rmazurek wrote:Marines transfer works too. However only from carrier to station. It's impossible to make transfer between station and TP.
No wonder, TP is not supposed to work with ADS, only: TM, TL, M7, M1, M2.

rmazurek wrote:One more question as I don't think it was mentioned. Does ADS use Mosquito Missiles Defence or something similar? Not sure if ADS fighters are protected against enemy missiles and it's rather important, specially with XRM. If I set it manually then I get a lot of messages about disabling it as fighters often use all the missiles (usually set 100% chance of using missiles).

The same about drones. Do they use drones in combat?
Yes, and yes. I used a slighly modified version of missile defense mosquito for all ADS fighters, if they have Fight Command Software MK1 & MK2 aboard and needed missiles (mosquitos or poltergeists)...hm, should comment this somewhere in the hangar menu or so...
Drones are used to intercept havier load missiles and as a decoy when a ship is demage too much and flees back to the carrier. You should idetyfy them, they are called either ADS - missile interceptor or ADS - distractor.
I just see there is also ADS - assault assistance. Don't recall what they are used for lol...I'm getting old. Will check this.

Midnightknight wrote:Well maybe the simpliest thing is to put orders into queue untill the fighting in the carrier is done. So you avoid most of the issues, and simply forbid ADS on player ships which if i remember can't work on original ADS either.

The main issue with your approach is you can't use the carrier for anything except patrol. I used an old version of your script last year with which i could put my Aran in a main fleet as a supplier and carrier, and when the fleet jump somewhere to engage all work fine. The aran launched his 10 Hyperions and 10 Scirion while resuplying my M7/M2 when backing.

Another use was in UFJS i used the aran with 10 falcon miners while it was set on auto carrier with a sciron/m8 wing to protect while mining Nividium

Now all this can't work anymore and it's a few uses i had about it.
Hmmm... ok ok, when I am able to work again on ADS, I will see what I can do about an option, where you are able to switch the autocarrier between completely autonomous, and allowing other actions when switched on....

Midnightknight wrote:Anyway, on another issue, directly linked to what you had in the script and is awsome, i ran a bit with the station def and was a bit despointed.
I tryed to set one in manelaus paradise and actually it's pretty useless.

The fact is you can't use M8 OOS ... Cause they can't fire missiles. So having a bomber wing sitting there with your dock full of tomahawks and the base set on resupply don't help much.
Will check this, although if I recall right I tested M8 OOS.... at least on TC, which I am playing. Although it might have something to do with turrent behaviour...

Midnightknight wrote:And you can't asign M7 or M2 for the script.
Huh, you mean ADS and its commands are not accessible on an M7 and M2??

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 23:55

Hum no they work fine on M7 and M2 but you can't allocate them to the hangar.
If you put 2 M7 on your dock you don't have the option to manage them through ads and then your dock will never send them in a defensive or attack wing.

When original ADS was realeased no ships could dock an M7 or M2 so it's a normal behaviour, but since AP you can have the Aran and now that you can run it on stations, your HQ or an eq dock can hold 1 2 or more cap ships. And the issue is the script don't manage them he only see M5-M3,TP/TM/TS/M8 and M6. You can trick the script to asign homebase of M7 by using the "apply to all docked ships" but you cannot add them in the hangar no matter what.

Edit: And for your drones ADS assault assitance i saw them thrown by a station in help of my M6 wing to attack a Q. So i guess it's the trick ^^
Are they using MK2 or keris too?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 14:00

Aha, you mean you want to dock a coupple of M7 to a dock, manage them via Hangar Management, so that ADS handles them as a fight wing?
I fear capitals will not perform very well as a fight wing. If you want them to work together as a strike team, why not assign them to the defense grid network?
It is designed to call in all assigned ships, once a reasonable enemy force has been detected. All ships will jump in (if configured correctly), and launch attack wings.
I do not intend to make fight wings consisting of M7, M2 and alike.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 16:23

I have a network too, but the main issue with the network (and it work really fine) it's that if you set M2 they are too slow even the mighty pteranodon and so they run after their prey and loose so much time cause they will go after anything they catch, you can't set the 4 wings separately. And while they are engaged running after something they won't catch, they can't defend elsewhere.

Here you can set your RRF (Yeah it's the idea to me) accurately for each dangerous sector. I use the satellite network to hunt M7 and all inferior with a bunch of tigers who are fast, and make strong defenses with my dock where there are real treats like brigantines or J coming out.

The second issue i have with the sattelite network is that you have to set the jump dirive correctly one by one on your ships and they don't really retreat, they jump a few km away and engage again, leading sometime in them dying.

With ADS on eq dock you can have a fleet responding to high treat and who will go back to base if they take too much damages, will ressuply missiles and everything and could have support of some M6 without loosing too much of them and get some drones too.
For me it's the perfect defense and maybe what should have been orbital platform in the game (and what they fail totaly).

Set up a few laser towers around and you have your perfect strong point to def and resupply ships around. maybe M2 like big argon ships or mega would perform poorly in wings, but i did one with a few astreus and caracks and it work pretty nice IS (in fact it's just insane with the PBC ...). OOS M2 works fine too ^^

slith
x3tc

Post by slith » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 22:22

Links to download the required libraries/resources are down/faulty..

Google'd them, tried navigating that website to find them - no success. Even on Anarkis website I cant find a working link to those Libraries/ECS.
Backup link here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=338497 didn't net any results, OneDrive lacking a search option :roll: , tried looking for it in every folder.. found nothing.

Help me please... I'm lost - out of ideas :?

albazeus
x3ap

Post by albazeus » Tue, 16. Dec 14, 20:52

Hi,
I think I finally screwed up my game. :cry:
I have installed this script once and it worked. Then I wanted to try the original ADS but I had problems with it.
So I re-installed ADS RWE. Or at least this is what I want to do. But I can't. So I'm here seeking for help.
The problems:
- The first time I start the game it takes ages (only the first time)
- I don't receive the "welcome" message.
- if I go in ADS: Carrier Setup --> Carrier Tactical Setup I see lots of options set to "null". I can change them, like setting "Retreat shield limit" to 10% but if I hit 'Apply settings to docked/active ships' they are not saved. Only the "null" ones though, the 'normal' options like "Missile file probability" are saved.
- In 'Controls'--> 'Interface' there are no ADS extensions. There were in the first install. And now if I want to set something to a key previously used with ADS I get this error: 'Conflicts: ReadText1903-11596'

If I start a new game everything works (message, options, key bindings).
I think it's something I did when un/re-installing this (or other) scripts. I can't understand what happened..

Any suggestion?

albazeus
x3ap

Post by albazeus » Wed, 17. Dec 14, 09:59

I loaded a previous saved game (one in which ADS RWE worked) and now everything is fine. But if I try to uninstall your script this issue persists. If you want me to debug it I'm willing to do it. Not that I want to remove your script...

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 14:21

Are there any working download links for the Anarkis libraries and ECS?

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 21. Jan 15, 16:58

FYI, I just found the OneDrive location that has both prerequesite packages for this:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=e72f8795 ... 3E%2119174

Linked to by Nicoman over here:

http://xdownloads.co.uk/index.php?optio ... 6&cid=1717

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 21. Jan 15, 17:35

Thank you! :)

HeartlesJosh
x3ap

Post by HeartlesJosh » Mon, 16. Feb 15, 05:27

So what files do I need to edit so that the autocarrier command does not override everything I do? One of the autocarrier.task files at a guess. ADS worked great for me. DCS2 supplied the fighters, ADS gave the fighters orders automatically, Bounce massively increased the survivability of the fighters and I could concentrate on flying the carrier myself. Once the fighting was over, just stop the carrier for a moment and let all the fighters teleport back inside while MARS goblins got to work on cleaning up the drops. It was pretty synergistic. However, I was having some issues with ADS causing a lock-up every now and then for reasons I could not figure out.
Then I stumble upon ADS Real Wing which improves stability, iterates on things and adds more functions. The ability to automatically resupply DCS2 "bombers" with missiles when they land is a great workaround for the DCS2 drones being supposedly unable to spawn with missiles. Uninstalled ADS, installed Real Wing, changed to an M2 as a flagship because Real Wing enabled using those with ADS and now suddenly my ship overrides orders I give it every couple seconds, instead content to autopilot with a pending order of "none". Not patrolling, not defending a sector, just inertly floating in space. Even some invading Xenon M2s, M7s, M8s and M6s entering the sector do not provoke a response out of the autopilot. If I wanted braindead ships, I could just leave them idling in system.

redagent

Post by redagent » Fri, 20. Feb 15, 08:03

Hi, Everybody. Writing this I feel to be blamed in necromancy, but yes - I confess - I am still playing X3:AP.
First of all I want to say, that I play in X-Universe from the time of X2 The threat. Since then I was active user of this forum using a lot of scrips in my X-games. Especially in X3-TC/AP games. And through all this years I never had a reason to write here anything, because I always could find all I need with search-and-read-only mode. Also my english is too bad to write something without confusing somebody. But this topic causes me to register on this site...

I am not a programmer at all. But I am an active user of additional scripts in X3AP. And most of them fill the gaps, which are absolutely unclear to me in the vanilla game . For example - why to make Real-Time-Strategy battle system and giving the ability to manage your units with the speed of Turn-Based Strategy??? Especially including the possibillity of RTS managment in the game core.

So, thanks a lot to those guys, who made the approptiate scripts for fast managment and hotkeys.

Untill now there was enogh Unsigned scripts and mods to X3, which are completely unsupported by Egosoft, to mange this game without a sand on my teeth. But eventually I reached the point where the big fleet of fighters and carriers appears in my hands. But without proper managment system it is like the picture on the wall - impressive, but useless.

I really need the fast and functional fleet managment system with hotkeys. Please help me with adwise - what scripts I could use for this. And I mean really tested scripts and possible to download. Because not every script is available to download today.

CODEA is too complicated for me. I read about it and I scare even to try this. It seems that it has a lot of needed functions but meanwhile a lot of dificults to organise it. Like recruitung pilots to each fighter.
ADS 2.65.1 is good, but not enough. Also I dont understand why I have to hire every mechanic manually. I dont need automated carrier, but very intersted in operated manually. Not enough hotkeys.
ANCC.Scramble.V0.7 - is good addon. And fighters sent by its command were most effective and survivsal. but still not enough hotkeys.
ADS.2.65.1-RWE.1.14 is the best one I could found. But it does not work as it is supposed to. especially in the hotkeys part.
Also there is a Wing Hotkeys by Cycrow - they are most useful thing for carrier. But there is not enough wing commands. And not enough keys for wings. No other functions. Like repair, return damaged fighters, etc.

I Play in X3:AP 3.1
And what I need is a working version of ADS-RWE or other script with the same functionality.
also I need more commands with hotkeys - attack enemy fighers, protect from enemy fighters. attack big ships, protect from big ships - it is like priority targed in ANCC.Scramble but with special features for dynamic changing the orders about the differnt targets or shipCLASSes for my fleet during the fight without returning them to the carrier. Amd all of this with a hotkeys.

As well I have found this script Wing Attack Commands "Attack Fighters" and "Attack Capships". THey are what I need to complement Cycrows Wing hotkeys, But I can not to do it myself.

Maybe CODEA is a dissision for me - as it is looks like from descriptions. But damn pilot headhunting issue... Tell me please who tested it and know it is.

I spent a lot of time for the testing fleet managment variants at this moment. And I am ready to give up using fleets of fighters, and going to use only m2/m7 in the battles. But the carriers in the last stage of the battle with suicidal vanilla orders to "attack all and land" and fleet-"defend sector". Then they will help to clear the small enemy trash after battles faster, than my slow M2/M7 could do.
Last edited by redagent on Sat, 21. Feb 15, 23:54, edited 3 times in total.

redagent

Post by redagent » Fri, 20. Feb 15, 18:18

My Feedback about BUGs and Issues in currently availible download of ADS-v2.65.1_real_wings_v1.14.

In few words - The idea of ADS-RWE is great - it is a logical evolution of the original ADS, improving the managment, providing more effective usability with so needed hotkeys and easy to setup; BUT developing of this idea is unfinished in the most important places of the carrier-fleet part.

Thus the Dock/HQ-based-fleet part is definetly good! and if you going to use this script only with ADS-Sector-Defence commands with station-based fleets with minimal investmens of your time - it is the best chois.

ISSUES/TROUBLES/BUGS?:

1. Hotkey "defend carrier" from the file anarkis.acc.hotkey.cmd.defend.xml still linked to the test.test.1 script. And tapping the key returns the window with "1: Raid TS 2:Patrol 3:Weaken 4:Invade 5:Kill Station" menu option.
As mentioned here
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 40#4398940
I have replaced code with this one:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 78#4398978
Just copy paste code with xml editor (I know it could be wrong method). It seems like a code from previous ver. of RWE - some values are different.
After that editing the Hotkey "ADS: Defend Carrier" began to work and does the same thing like a command "Carrier defend mode" - just without question about the quantity of the wings to send. multitapping also works properly - sends 3 wings when tripple tapped. Along with that fix the game began to catch lock ups (freezes) - from time to time - only IS when using ADS_RWE fighters in battle IS. And doing everything else for hours is stable. Suppose I need xml file(s) appropriate to the current RWE version. But there is only one instance of ADS-RWE download.

2. Some of the damaged fighters SLOWLY trying to retreat in the neighbor sector. (Why not to the healing mama?).
For example - when I was fighting In Sector Xenon 472, my damaged fighters flew to the BHS and stayed there with "none" commands.

3. ADS-RWE-managed wings do not receive reinforcements, until they return to base and reform in a new wing. While the ANCC wings are trully get continious reinforcements when scrambling in the same situation.

4. Wings that were sent by the "carrier-defend-mode" order (or by the fixed hotkey) to defend my own carrier behave like vanilla ordered to follow me.
- when reaching a critical distance (set response range in carrier setup menu), the threat will be IGNORED by the wing, until the enemy (xenon) shot somebody. When enemy have HIT the carrier, then all defenders will attempt to kill ONLY this one. And when enemy firing in one of the defenders - only this defender and his wingmate react. And when one of the defenders being killed (accidently) by the IBL-PPC barrage from Xenon-Q triyng to hit my carrier, then all defenders IGNORE this Xenon-Q until it will hit its current target. During that test at the moment I caught myself praying it was my well defended carrier, cause then all my defenders will wipe out this bad guy and I will survive for further tests w/o reloading.

It is funny to observe one Xenon-L pathfinding through the cloud of 40 M3:Venti formed in to 8 mama-defend-wings. This Xenon-L was trying to hit my carrier surrounded by the swarm of M3:obstacles, unless it could not because of the permament "avoiding collisions" action caused by his unbending intent not to do a scratch on the bodies of my furious trustworhty Guardians! And this was never happend while the carrier was moving on the maximum speed. (5min in SETA) Only after a complete stop of my carrier and waiting patiently for the end of that Labirinth-quest...
Actually in that way defend wings are really protect the carrier but in their own specific-greenpeace-pacifist style. Cause you know - the xenons are like animals - they do not realise what they do from humanistic point of view....

5. MAybe not a bug - ECS can not find and register ADS-RWE, but able to do it with Current ADS 2.65.1 version.
By the way the ECS libraries included in ADS.2.65 archive are not exactly the same to the standalone version presented on X3:downloads, which i installing with ADS-RWE. Few files are different by size and time.
Anyway ADS-RWE starts and all commands works, exept "defend carrier", but I am not shure about the correct behaviour of the script.

I use X3:AP 3.1 with the following modes/scrips for more than a 80 ingame days! (few years in RL):

Cicrow Plugin manager Advanced V1.47
(incl. Cicrow Hotkey manager, ware manager, community plugin configuration)
+bonuspack version 5.1.00
+X3TC_WingEquipLikeFixExt
+dock_lockup_fix
+mars-tc-ap_v5.26_RepackedForPluginManager__Vanilla_TC_AP3.0
+Advanced Patrol-V1.1.2-1.9.2012
+Bombardier-Full-1.979
+CheatCollectionPackageAP-V1.62-18.12.2011
+EnhancedBriefings
+EquipmentResearchandDevelopment-V1.00-03.06.2009
+ImprovedBoarding-V1.23.04c (Bullwinkle_Hack)-2013-06-23
+Shipkillednotifications-V1.0.3-16.11.2008
+tc.dockts.1.0
+Winghotkeys-V1.20-09.06.2009
+MK3_Opt_1.8.9.7_fixed
+safe_undocking_gz
+warp.to.target
+XaiCorp-FighterDrone-HK-X3TC-1.1

3 variants of installation were tested: ADS.2.65.1 and ADS-RWE-1.14, both with ANCC; and once ADS-RWE without ANCC. All was installed above my all other scripts in the different copies of "Script" and "T" folders. And every time I got the same resuls.

NO FILE REWRITES were found directly copying into game folder ADS/ADS-RWE/ANCC scripts (without using PM).
Last edited by redagent on Sun, 22. Feb 15, 13:21, edited 2 times in total.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 13:11

redagent wrote: Maybe CODEA is a dissision for me - as it is looks like from descriptions. But damn pilot headhunting issue... Tell me please who tested it and know it is.
CODEA is THE solution to operate a carrier and worked flawlessly in all my earlier plays (vanilla & XRM). No question about it. Nothing comes even close.
Once you get used to the somewhat complicated systems it's a really smooth sailing trip... (and yeah, pilot hunting, lol. Pro-tip: you dont need to. Dock the carrier at a military outpost and you can mass-recruit rookie pilots for your fighters, then let the carrier camp a gate with high pirate frequency, activate the CODEA "train pilots in combat" option and your pilots level fast and nicely).
I spent a lot of time for the testing fleet managment variants at this moment.
I hear you.
I started to play a little X again (this time LCU mod - awesome!) and I am desperately looking for a working carrier script set because unfortunately CODEA is incompatible here.
Real shame, all the other options I tried (pretty much the same ones you mentioned) either dont work correctly, or dont do everything I want or are just not compatible (enough) with LCU.
I so miss my CODEA... :cry:
I'm at a point now to give up on carriers in LCU for the time being.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 22. Feb 15, 23:59

Hi people.
Redagent, thanks for your detailed info and feedback you gave. I am aware of the issues you described. I never finished this script (as most of the works here).
Therefore, there are issues. Especially because I only have TC, and I think some problems remain when switching to AP.
LU changes so many things, that there WILL be even more issues. I never played LU yet, but doesnt it have an integrated carrier management?

For the time being, I will not modify ADS-RWE any further, mainly due to lack of time.
I used to do coding stuff at work, and then test it home.
My work situation changed in a way, that I do no longer have access to any PC where I could code something at work. So, I basicly quit coding.
There may be a probability that some day I'll be in a mood again, but I do not think it is very likely.
I do have a v1.15 in state of development on my HD, but if I recall right, there is only very little difference to v1.14.
If anyone is interrested, I could share.

I don't mind if anyone would like to change things or debug ADS-RWE....
If any help is needed in understanding the script structure or how things are ment to work, I'll help where I can.

cheers

redagent

Post by redagent » Mon, 23. Feb 15, 13:40

Nicoman35 wrote: I do have a v1.15 in state of development on my HD, but if I recall right, there is only very little difference to v1.14.
If anyone is interrested, I could share.
Yes offcourse! Please share this! So I suppose the hotkey bug is fixed there and maybe it could be useful somehow. Anyway - I will try this.

And thanks a lot for a promt reply, Nicoman35!
Sad but true - game is old, times changes and more important - you don't have to do anything about this script.
Anyway, I respect people who care about the fate of their children :)

Well, if you accidently will get the mood, I have an idea, how not to lose your efforts with a minimum time investment.
Remember I am not a programmer at all...well then:

What if you just delete from your script the things that unfinished and glitchy,
and save everything else?
How I see it after all the tests made - let it be your
- Setup and hangar managment menus
- Repair section (marines instead of mechanics!)
- Resupply Management
- Auto upgrade dockable ships automatically
- command 'defend carrier' with important defend-hotkey
- tactical settings for the commands 'defend carrier' and 'clear sector'

And let it be original ADS IS-battle behaviour of the fleet. Also there is ANNC script wich really provides adequate beahaviour, but does not have enough hotkeys and not improving anythig else. there is a good key for priority target, but no key to defend.

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Mon, 20. Nov 17, 23:56

Hi guys,when i install ADS,ADS-rwe and anarkys libraries,cant activate in menu of pirate guild ADS system to defend their bases.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”