Anarkis Defense System - Real Wings Edition v1.16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lakz

Post by Lakz » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 05:28

Shame that the automated carrier function doesn't work well. I love the missile supply management offered by Real Wings.
Last edited by Lakz on Wed, 4. Dec 13, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 08:16

Lakz wrote:Same that the automated carrier function doesn't work well. I love the missile supply management offered by Real Wings.
Not only the automanted carrier, but everythning related to this defense grid is buggy as hell. Not only caused by my version, but also on account of old bugs. I think this part was the last SerialKicked was working on when he abandoned.
I am just working my way through this. I'll try to get autocarrier working for player and npc in v1.12.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 09:26

Nicoman35 wrote:
Lakz wrote:Same that the automated carrier function doesn't work well. I love the missile supply management offered by Real Wings.
Not only the automanted carrier, but everythning related to this defense grid is buggy as hell. Not only caused by my version, but also on account of old bugs. I think this part was the last SerialKicked was working on when he abandoned.
I am just working my way through this. I'll try to get autocarrier working for player and npc in v1.12.
Yeah defense grid was borked in SK's last version.
Hats off to you though to keep working on this :wink:
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 14:43

Mad_CatMk2 wrote:Yeah defense grid was borked in SK's last version.
Hats off to you though to keep working on this
:)
I am doing what I can. After all, I would like to see ADS RWE fully functional one day....I hope I'll achieve it.

Mesthione
x4

Post by Mesthione » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 14:57

Thanks for your work on this mod. I love the Defense Network and GUI of ADS more than CODEA and would greatly appreciate an update to the mod from someone as dedicated as yourself!

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 00:09

Released ADS - RWE v1.12
  • - Autocarrier now working! In contrast to the original, it is possible to order carriers to patrol the sector they are in, as well as multiple sectors. When fitted out with satellites (and ordered to), sectors will be reconned by placement of satellites.
    - Autocarrier uses MARS goblins to engage small threats such as freighters, M5 and M4
    - toggle renaming of wingships on/off
    - reworked long range combat with missiles
    - multi hotkey support: Various possiblities, read ingame descriptions by clicking the blue 'i' in the main menu.
    - bomber support: Possiblity to engage enemy capitals with bombers.
    - OOS, fighters will use drones to increase punch against enemies
    - reworked and replaced tactical setup
    - reworked almost every script for performance, stability and effectiveness
    - bugfixes, bugfixes, bugfixes
I made a cut here and released this version to not longer let you guys wait for the autocarrier feature. At the moment, it is only working for the player.
I constanly alter this mod, as well as I keep finding bugs :(, but if I wait untill everything is fixed, you and me die of old age. Well, report any inconvenience you may find....

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 09:07

woo new release!

psssst: i think we've stepped into a new year :lol: :wink:
I fly an OWP. What about you?

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 09:40

Does this work perfectly with DCS2?.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 10:50

@Mad_CatMk2
New year? Whats that? I don't know anything else anymore than :

Code: Select all

for each day in array past.60.days
    go to work
    work on ads at work
    working a bit
    go home
    eat
    work on ads
    tell the children I can't cuddle right now because I have to work
    work on ads
    sleep
end
Thanks for hint, that was an easy fix: turn 3 to 4 :)

gastovski wrote:Does this work perfectly with DCS2?.
I remember Dr. Bullwinkle said that they should work together, but having both active on the same carrier at the same time - NONO!
Though, you could try it and tell us the results.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 14:50

Nicoman35 wrote:I remember Dr. Bullwinkle said that they should work together, but having both active on the same carrier at the same time - NONO!
What?! Why not? That's the whole point of DCS2's compatibility mode. DCS2 builds the fighters and ADS or CODEA runs the AI.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 15:25

DrBullwinkle wrote:What?! Why not? That's the whole point of DCS2's compatibility mode. DCS2 builds the fighters and ADS or CODEA runs the AI.
I have not played for the last couple of months, so it was just a guess. But I am careful and so I told to rather not try. But if you say it's ok - well, then I join the opinion :D

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 15:29

Heh. :)

Well, I do not use either ADS or CODEA in my own game. I just made the compatibility mode for the benefit of players who do.

In compatibility mode (when "Engage Enemies" is Off), the two scripts should work well together. As you said, it is up to players to try it and let us know for sure.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 08:40

Guys, I am kinda stuck here.

I want to make the autocarrier feature available for NPCs.
I don't know how to do that. How do I tell a race to have their huge ships configured as ADS carriers?
And I asume I have to write some script to give those carriers all they need (fighters, weapons, missiles, drones, etc.)?
cheers

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 17:18

ADS can do that with Yaki Armada. You might take a look at Yaki Armada to see how it calls ADS.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 14:33

*Sigh*, ok, will have to work my way to another 200+ scripts (PG3 and YA2), to track down what I want to know. :cry:

Oh btw - guys, I NEED to know your issues with ADS. There are some for sure. Let them know me.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 22. Jan 14, 09:10

I got a question: I want to make passengers and marines available on stations. As stations can not contain marines or passengers, I have to replace them by variables.
But now I got a problem. While on training, I want in some menus to have dynamic displays.
A marine or mechanic (passenger) are handled as objects, which are easyer to handle than just variables.
While on training, a script is running on each member currently training. I want to do something similar for stations.
Running the task on the station is not an option, as I want this more flexible (user should be able to move members in training from station to ship back and forth)
Also, I want to avoid global tasks, as the handling seems very complicated to me. So, I have the idea, of creating an invincible object (e.g. astronaut) far away, and let the dynamic training timer run on this object.
Question: Do you guys know any smarter way of doing that? Maybe create the object in null?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 22. Jan 14, 09:13

Equipment Docks can hold marines. You will have to test to see whether you can do all that you want to do.

squshy7
x3ap

Post by squshy7 » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 18:53

hey guys,
ive searched allll over this thread and the original ADS thread and I cannot come up with an answer.

Are TM's incapable of hiring mechanics?
I have tried with one in both argon prime and the wall, it has the ADS manager working and a cargo life support system, but when I go into the ADS manager for the TM (this is a magnetar specifically), there is no "repair bay" option to hire mechanics. Or are mechanics hired in a different menu?

EDIT: ok so with a little experimentation with cheat menu, apparently TM class can't hire mechanics (M1 is working just fine so the script is working ok); i assume this is by design? Also, if I wanted to make TMs available to have repair bays, does anyone what xmls in ADS I would need to edit?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 20:10

squshy7 wrote:hey guys,
ive searched allll over this thread and the original ADS thread and I cannot come up with an answer.

Are TM's incapable of hiring mechanics?
I have tried with one in both argon prime and the wall, it has the ADS manager working and a cargo life support system, but when I go into the ADS manager for the TM (this is a magnetar specifically), there is no "repair bay" option to hire mechanics. Or are mechanics hired in a different menu?

EDIT: ok so with a little experimentation with cheat menu, apparently TM class can't hire mechanics (M1 is working just fine so the script is working ok); i assume this is by design? Also, if I wanted to make TMs available to have repair bays, does anyone what xmls in ADS I would need to edit?
Yup, I ignored TM's, as I thaught they are not big enough to hold repair sections / barracks and such.
v1.13 WILL have TM support, this means I will include TM's to not compromise the idea of a TM as a 'poor man carrier'.
This might take a while though :(

DevilishMoney
x3ap

Post by DevilishMoney » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 20:52

Will this work with Shimrod Smart turrets script as I see from the first post that it has options for Mars Turrets.

Thanks

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”