Anarkis Defense System - Real Wings Edition v1.16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 20:12

Midnightknight wrote:I used this script some time ago and it worked fine but now the links to download the prerequisite libraries are down so installing it lead to a game break down. :/
Ah yes, it's because of the awful new surface of Xdownload site. Before the update all worked well. I just wanted to wait before re upping untill the design is more favourable again. (And the danger of deleting my files once again has been reduced).
But if you really can't find the files on your PC, I'll reup them sooner. Just say the word.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 20:47

I found them with some search but seem your ads version still refuse to work properly. I got text error in all menus while i have no issues when i install the normal ADS. So i guess there still some troubles.

Maybe the files i got aren't up to date.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 23:27

Hey Nicoman,

Small issue with ADS Real Wings Edition - I wanted to try and setup a mostly Vanilla X3AP and I am having some trouble with the ADS RWE. Does this script only work with XRM?

Going one by one I installed mods:

1. Complex Cleaner AP
2. Advanced Complex Hub Mk2
3. Large no ring gate mod
4. Roguey-UFJD
5. X3-Immersive GUI & HUD 1.3

After installing each mod I test to see if I can start a new game. Unfortunately, after installing ADS Real Wing Edition on top of these and launching the NoSteam X3AP I get a lock up on new game start.

Any ideas? Uninstalling the MOD via the delete script did fix the lockup on new game start.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 05:47

You need two files for it to work listed in first page but link broken.

I'll post the links if i can find them again or if Nicoman35 can't host them again.

And by the way, my problem is solved uninstalling and reinstalling all 3 files put the languages files back in order.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 05:59

Thanks! Installing ECS and Anarkis Libraries fixed it. I was able to locate them on the X3Downloads site.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 18:59

zanzal wrote:Thanks! Installing ECS and Anarkis Libraries fixed it. I was able to locate them on the X3Downloads site.
Hey, thanks to your hint, I realized that they were not deleted, but only hidden well :). The download links are fixed now.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Thu, 30. Oct 14, 15:01

Well i use it from some time again now and i have issues with it.

When i put the automated carrier command into the extanded commands my carrier is just completely stuck. He do absolutely nothing and when i give him orders like "Go in this sector" he start to move then stop becoming inactive again.

When i remove the ADS automated carrier, all go back to normal.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 30. Oct 14, 23:38

Midnightknight wrote:Well i use it from some time again now and i have issues with it.

When i put the automated carrier command into the extanded commands my carrier is just completely stuck. He do absolutely nothing and when i give him orders like "Go in this sector" he start to move then stop becoming inactive again...
Thank you for the feedback, I will look into this, but it may take a while, as I do not play X3 at the moment. I also have only little time for PC due to RL, so do not wait for it. All I can "offer" at the moment is: Anyone willing to have a look at the code is welcome to do so and debug / alter.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Fri, 31. Oct 14, 10:37

Well not sure my understanding of X3 allow me to alter this script lol. Maybe start with something simplier.

Anyway knowing if it's only an issu i have could help a lot i guess cause i'm the only one reporting it looks like. And it was working fine before i reinstall everything so i don't know if it's cause of a new version or what.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Mon, 3. Nov 14, 13:24

Back on this, so i tried a few things around and what don't work in my game are.

When i put the automated carrier command in additionnal chips commands (the same place you put mosquito def) it simply wipe every order you give to the carrier. That make it stand where it is in inactive mod. I tried make it jump or follow me, the order is taken 2 sec before being cleared. I remove the command all work well again but no more auto launch of fighters. That worked well in my older game so is it broken with an update?

Secondly i put a group of M6 and M8 in my Aran to go wipe a terran sector.
I used then the clear sector command and it asked if i want fighters, bombers or both. I said both and the aran didn't send any bomber at all.
My 2 Otas Australs were still in the hangar, docked and waiting full of tomahawks. In the setup they are active and tagged as bomber but i can't make them be thrown into fight.

I'll try to figure what's wrong in the script if i can, but there are a lot of pages >.<

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Sat, 15. Nov 14, 01:21

Is it possible to hire mechanics for stations that are in sectors without friendly trade station or transfer mechanics from carriers?

EDIT: Just found workaround. Create trade station using cheat codes, hire mechanics and destroy trade station.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 09:20

It should be possible to remove the check for station when recruiting easily too.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 13:20

Midnightknight wrote:Secondly i put a group of M6 and M8 in my Aran to go wipe a terran sector.
I used then the clear sector command and it asked if i want fighters, bombers or both. I said both and the aran didn't send any bomber at all.
My 2 Otas Australs were still in the hangar, docked and waiting full of tomahawks. In the setup they are active and tagged as bomber but i can't make them be thrown into fight.

I'll try to figure what's wrong in the script if i can, but there are a lot of pages >.<
There is an option regaridng the bomber wing size. If I recall correctly, no bomber wings will be started, if there are less bombers than designated wing size....
rmazurek wrote:Is it possible to hire mechanics for stations that are in sectors without friendly trade station or transfer mechanics from carriers?

EDIT: Just found workaround. Create trade station using cheat codes, hire mechanics and destroy trade station.
I overtook this feature from the original script, kinda role playing feature :). But it should be possible to transfer personell from a carrier.
Or cheat, like you did.
A simple check remove will not work, as there has to be real personell to be transfered to the station. Anyway, a workaround should be easy enough. Tell me, if you need any more detailed info.

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 21:07

Just noticed that there is option to transfer mechanics from carrier to carrier, just as marines and other personel. Unfortunatelly there is no such option on stations. Actually why is it this way? It looks like kind of the same thing. Would it be complicated to make such feature in next version?

BTW Just discovered automatic renaming option. I spent hours for that previously. A HUGE timesaver :D

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 19. Nov 14, 23:41

rmazurek wrote:Just noticed that there is option to transfer mechanics from carrier to carrier, just as marines and other personel. Unfortunatelly there is no such option on stations. Actually why is it this way? It looks like kind of the same thing. Would it be complicated to make such feature in next version?
Hm, there SHOULD be an option on stations too. Sure, that you have a suitable carrier within transporter range from the station?
Or do you mean transfer from station to station?

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Thu, 20. Nov 14, 00:01

From carrier to station. Carrier is docked to station and use opotion "trade".

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 20. Nov 14, 12:39

Will check that, thanks for Feedback.You play AP, right?

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Thu, 20. Nov 14, 13:17

TC

BTW: Is it intended or a bug, that if is set autmated ADS then any other orders are ignored? Actually not ignored but disabled after several seconds.

For example: If I set ADS on carrier and order it to jump to another sector, it starts procedure ("jump device charging... 10%... 20%...) and order is disabled before it makes jump.

The same is for any other order I tried on carrier and for differend ships.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 20. Nov 14, 23:09

rmazurek wrote:TC

BTW: Is it intended or a bug, that if is set autmated ADS then any other orders are ignored? Actually not ignored but disabled after several seconds.

For example: If I set ADS on carrier and order it to jump to another sector, it starts procedure ("jump device charging... 10%... 20%...) and order is disabled before it makes jump.

The same is for any other order I tried on carrier and for differend ships.
PHEW, this is one of the most complicated things I stumbled upon when I did my autocarrier script.
Remember, that I tryed to keep wing fighter losses as low as possible when I did ADS-RWE.

In the original ADS, autocarrier runns on a higher task, while all tasks you order the carrier to do, will run on task 0 (the base task).
The autocarrier is executed no matter what you do with the carrier. When I played around with this variant, I found it difficult to handle. Why?
Imagine, you fly the carrier around in a sector, and a bunch of enemies comes into radar range. The carrier responds to the threat by sending his ships out to intercept the threat.
Meanwhile, you deceide to jump a coupple of sectors away to dock at some station to do some job.
The enemies in the original sector are wiped out. And now - what? Should the fighters capable of jumping jump directly back to the new sector where the carrier is in, or should they stick whith the ones that can not jump and fly back all the way back to the carrier? What, when some Xenon sector lies on the flight route?
This example is only one of many many possibilities that could occur, when player and autocarrier act independently. Or autocarrier with some other task, such as the regular patrol.
When I saw the results of the original ADS autocarrier, I was not pleased.
It would require a HUGE brain to overcome any thinkable situation to keep wing fighters at least reasonably safe.
I do not say it is impossible, but it would mean a shitload of work. Complicated work. I tried, but it was beyond me. I am simply not capable of doing such a 'brain' script.

Another problem is that parts of ADS-RWE I wrote earlyer would conflict with a player controlled autocarrier. At that time, I did not know that I would rework ADS almost completely. Llittle coding experience did the rest. Programming is a lot more complicated than it seems first....

So, I made another approach to the autocarrier. If it is called autocarrier, then why not let the carrier act completely autonomously with only few patrol options? Keep things simple.
So - basicly, if you set a carrier to autocarrier, you are not supposed to sit in that carrier. The carrier is supposed to be left alone and do it's job. It will basicly override any imputs you do.

And now I almost am no longer active coding for X3 due to lack of time. I might grab ADS-RWE when I will be in a mood, but not in the near future. :wink:

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Thu, 20. Nov 14, 23:27

Yes, I thought about this issues myself.

Maybe another approach: make ADS versions of jump command and maybe some other? It would work this way that first dock fithers to carrier, next execute command. Would be complicated?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”