[MOD][AP] Lost Colony Expansion v2.02 25/08/2013 - vanilla & XRM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

stephen12345
x3ap

Post by stephen12345 » Sat, 18. Jan 14, 13:20

Vukica,

You had some comments earlier about spelling and grammar. I hope you don't mind but I have taken the liberty of editing the t file to try to fix them (I figured it was easier than try to list them all here). My edits can be found at:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jyuji ... 3-L044.xml

I've done nothing but edit the sector descriptions (and I fixed quite a bit more than was listed in the earlier post). Let me know if you want me to remove the link.

stephen12345
x3ap

Post by stephen12345 » Sun, 19. Jan 14, 00:44

If anyone is interested, I've generated a new sector map of for AP + XRM + Lost Colony. It is based on output from Scorp's X3 map generator, but I've then moved the sectors around so they appear more similar to their appearance on the galaxy map. I've also tried to make it very clear what sectors link to one another.

Map is available at: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qmfdo ... ny+Map.png

Akatash20
x3tc

Post by Akatash20 » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 12:03

Very nice mod. Thx :-)

@Stephen12345: Thx too for the great map
"Es ist Krieg" rief der Tod, warf die Sense weg und sprang auf den Mähdrescher.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Mon, 5. May 14, 15:19

so Vukica i take it you havent updated this for latest XRM? that mean i still hve to download the vanilla one? :(

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 20. May 14, 14:01

Nick 031287 wrote:so Vukica i take it you havent updated this for latest XRM? that mean i still hve to download the vanilla one? :(
it is updated... 1.29 and 1.30 are the same thing, there have been no jobs changes.

sorry for responding so late, for some reason i didn't receive notification for it.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 14:30

I'm just curious has this mod reached its limitations for vanilla ?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 14:33

-pault193- wrote:I'm just curious has this mod reached its limitations for vanilla ?
What do you mean limitations?

Will I be adding more sectors?

No.

Why not?
LU is new vanilla, hence this.
and if i may say so, it's working great.

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 14:45

Ahh I see, I ment if they will be any more versions, thanks for the clarification :mrgreen: this is one of my must have installed mods, ill have to give LU a try

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 15:05

-pault193- wrote:Ahh I see, I ment if they will be any more versions, thanks for the clarification :mrgreen: this is one of my must have installed mods, ill have to give LU a try
no, unless there's a bug i don't know/have forgot about?

Founder1975
x3tc

Post by Founder1975 » Thu, 24. Jul 14, 17:23

Hello.

One small question:

can I use an old savegeme from XRM or have I to start a new game.

Would be nice to expand my empire in new regions and not to start from the beginning.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 24. Jul 14, 18:42

Founder1975 wrote:Hello.

One small question:

can I use an old savegeme from XRM or have I to start a new game.

Would be nice to expand my empire in new regions and not to start from the beginning.
you can use old savegame ;)
just make sure your XRM is 1.29 or above (that includes the latest version)

have fun!

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 13:09

Also a small question:

is this mod compatible with "Revelation"?

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=282659

Relevation adds (in AP-version) 7 new sectors around Cathedral of Xaar - with a S-gate beginning at Ceo's Wellspring (i think).

After a quick look at both maps there should be no overlapping ...

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 13:50

Reisser wrote:Also a small question:

is this mod compatible with "Revelation"?

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=282659

Relevation adds (in AP-version) 7 new sectors around Cathedral of Xaar - with a S-gate beginning at Ceo's Wellspring (i think).

After a quick look at both maps there should be no overlapping ...
map should work, but sectors won't show on galaxy map.

use this http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=306821

00749.bod goes to GAME_ROOT/objects/cut/

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 14:30

Thanks! I think Full Flat Map is already included in Relevation - and now I know why :D

Bozz13
x3ap

Post by Bozz13 » Sun, 30. Nov 14, 11:59

Hi, sorry for asking this but I did not find any info, I just installed XRM and everything was work and then I installed lost colony and when I use cheat to reveal all sectors I see that they are more than 10 empty sectors with 1 khaak station in every sector and nothing else, just en empty sector with 1 station... and these sectors have no name... did I do anything wrong ? or is that intended

And another issue is that a lot of sectors have no gate systeme instead of that they use beacons, ships can fly through when I'm not in sector but I can't use them to travel... is that intended or is something wrong with my install.

I'm playin Albion prelude + XRM and recomanded mods like mars, MBRR etc...

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 30. Nov 14, 12:01

Bozz13 wrote:Hi, sorry for asking this but I did not find any info, I just installed XRM and everything was work and then I installed lost colony and when I use cheat to reveal all sectors I see that they are more than 10 empty sectors with 1 khaak station in every sector and nothing else, just en empty sector with 1 station... and these sectors have no name... did I do anything wrong ? or is that intended

And another issue is that a lot of sectors have no gate systeme instead of that they use beacons, ships can fly through when I'm not in sector but I can't use them to travel... is that intended or is something wrong with my install.

I'm playin Albion prelude + XRM and recomanded mods like mars, MBRR etc...
idk, do you have any other map changing mod (revelation?). which version of loco did you install?
what's your installation order? loco shouldn't be able to cause such a frak up.

Bozz13
x3ap

Post by Bozz13 » Mon, 1. Dec 14, 23:54

Hi Vukica I'm croatian too lol thank you for your concern but I managed to resolve the probleme sounds like it was related to the advanced universe addon from XRM I was using, it is the only mod I did not install in my fresh reinstall of the game ,now everything is working well so I will start a new big game in X3 AP.

Pozdrav iz francuske ;)

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 02:02

Hello, I'd just like to say this is one of my favriote mods to add to x3ap. But i have a request... I would like to know how you added a sector to the game (with betty voices) because I know that you dont want to do anymore to this mod due to LU so I would like to add a couple of hostile sectors around the ones you've added also a nice plane black sector to start my empire in.. I would obviously not re-release such a thing... its just for personal use. Did you achieve all of this with everything listed in the first comment or do you have to root around the x3AP files. I still use this because I don't really want a major change like XRM or LU

Again I would just like to say that this is one truly awesome mod, it gave me so many hours to fight and build in and I was sad to hear that it is no longer been continued theres so much potential! also with a xtra ship station pack with the potental of a release I thought I could do this in the spear time (with your permission).

If for any reason you reject my idea and decide to pick this mod back up and dust the jacket, I was thinking of a few more heavy fortifed Xeoen sectors dotted close to the unclaimed sectors (just so I can be more on alert when my stations are under attack). If I really could understand how everything was achieved i would have added a nice suitable sector out of the way that had a nice plain (spacy back drop like LooManckStrat's Legacy)

Anyways thank you for all that you have developed here, I look forward to your reply!!

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 02:48

-pault193- wrote:Hello, I'd just like to say this is one of my favriote mods to add to x3ap. But i have a request... I would like to know how you added a sector to the game (with betty voices) because I know that you dont want to do anymore to this mod due to LU so I would like to add a couple of hostile sectors around the ones you've added also a nice plane black sector to start my empire in.. I would obviously not re-release such a thing... its just for personal use. Did you achieve all of this with everything listed in the first comment or do you have to root around the x3AP files. I still use this because I don't really want a major change like XRM or LU

Again I would just like to say that this is one truly awesome mod, it gave me so many hours to fight and build in and I was sad to hear that it is no longer been continued theres so much potential! also with a xtra ship station pack with the potental of a release I thought I could do this in the spear time (with your permission).

If for any reason you reject my idea and decide to pick this mod back up and dust the jacket, I was thinking of a few more heavy fortifed Xeoen sectors dotted close to the unclaimed sectors (just so I can be more on alert when my stations are under attack). If I really could understand how everything was achieved i would have added a nice suitable sector out of the way that had a nice plain (spacy back drop like LooManckStrat's Legacy)

Anyways thank you for all that you have developed here, I look forward to your reply!!
for most of the stuff i used ingame galaxy editor. for some minor stuff i used notepad++ (change gate into transorbitals and such stuff).
it took a little practice and getting used to the editor. sometimes the editor is stupid and won't show sectors you've added. so you have to save the map, and reload.
the editor also allows you to create a patch file instead of just overwriting the original game files. that's why my sectors never needed a new game start :)

with a patch file you need an md file to load the map.

useful links:

(manual map editing) http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 35#2677135
(md) http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 48#3173048

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 1. Jan 15, 14:54

I'm not sure if my installation is correct thus I'm kindly asking to check my load order

starting from the lowest numbers
-IE
- IEX http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=312645
- XRM 1
- XRM 2
- XRMi (v1.30 from IEX thread linked above)
- hull pack
- LoCo
( - not sure?) IEX patch version 1.03 from Loco thread https://cylon33.googlecode.com/files/Lo ... Xpatch.zip - Do I khave to add this one as well?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”