[MOD] Terran Conflict plots 2.2a for Albion Prelude 3.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 01:56

Mythrantar: A HUGE thumbs up to you for making a patch for this mod!

IMO, this modset is an absolute must-have for AP, and I was getting really tired of having to manually clean my saves up dumping blank missions files in every now and then, so I was really happy then 3.2 came out.

br83taylor: your best best is to buy a spacefly collector and instead collect them yourself. you could also try building an ED somewhere, adding Spaceflies to them with the ware manager, and setting your buy price to the max. If there are any NPCs anywhere that know how to find spaceflies, they'd eventually sell them to you.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Wed, 28. Jun 17, 23:00

I have updated the TCAP patch for AP3.2 to Version 2.0: It restores the most recent official (unmodded) EGOSOFT versions of "0.27 Destroy Convoy" and "2.127 Generic Destroy Convoy" MD files, which seems to resolve an issue with certain (but not all!) instances of these generic missions. This is save-game compatible.

If you are already using these files (e.g. by manually extracting 0.27 from X3TC 13.CAT and 2.127 from AP 04.CAT) you don't need to download and install the new version.

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Thu, 29. Jun 17, 04:10

FWIW your patch, at least in my game, renders the mission text for destroy colony to be replaced with just "???".

You can take the mission, but you have no idea what the mission is in advance.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Thu, 29. Jun 17, 04:33

It shouldn't - that's exactly what the new version is supposed to fix. Did you download V2?

Nuit
x3tc

Post by Nuit » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 00:39

Could not find any case like mine in all the post before, but maybe I have overseen it.

I am currently facing a very strange behavior within the war sectors:
Whenever I enter such a sector the stations within the sector seem to get kinda recalculated, which usually ends up in getting a duplicate of almost every single station within the sector.
Only stations that have been newly added (have not been there during my last visit at all) do not receive a duplicate.

The TCAP-Mod is the only Mod I am running, so no other mods running and interfeering.
Running the latest Game version (Steam) having updated to the latest version of the mod including the fix V2.

Example of Omicron Lyrae:
View before jumping into the sector and after reaching it
(my game language is German, I already tried switching to English, but the problem persists):

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/6741/zhC5xF.jpg

Cheers,
Nuit

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
Hitman - In Space

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 19:05

I had the same problem in my playthrough, though never tested a fix. The problem may partially have been that the x3_universe_war and x3_universe_NOwar files in the maps folder both define many of the same factories in the war sectors. The XRM variation on this mod ( http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353528 ) cleans out those files and moves the factories to the main x3_universe file, and includes a note on fixing this bug. I'm not sure what would happen if you make a similar change to the vanilla mod for an existing game with doubled factories; they might just sit around until getting killed and then not respawn.

Nuit
x3tc

Post by Nuit » Mon, 6. Nov 17, 22:58

I already thought it might have something to do with the war status. I made a Screenshot of every war sector before entering it, so I knew which where the "extra Stations".
I pretty soon recognised, that one part of the stations (the ones that where added to the already existing ones) never generated any missions.

So I just left them (after realizing they were respawning anyways pretty quick, as long as the war continued) until the war was over and then removed all doubles via ScriptEditor.
Hitman - In Space

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Tue, 28. Nov 17, 20:49

Hi,

Have lot of troubles on my last game with 3.2 and this mod, many plots are impossible to end in the normal way, forcing me to use the plot manager to end them.

Anyway, i reached the point i can't manage plots anymore cause i'm at the end of balance of power and need to do the last missions in order to start AP plots and i can't. The mission is stucked to "speak to Evans in darkspace". When i accept it, nothing happen and i'm asked to take again the same mission.

So if i update with the fix, will it solve my issues and is it safe to install with plugin manager?

PS : The other mission that was borken was Albion 2.0, i was asked to go through a gate in Albion 2 that did not exist, so i was stuck.

Aldaris5
x3tc

Post by Aldaris5 » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 16:20

First thanks very much dillpickle, for creating this mod! Enjoy it immensely!
Second it works well so far: terran plot activated and rolls on, and the goner plot goes as well.
I am not sure it was mentioned or not before, (sorry did not read through 42 pages of posts) but the Terran Conflict derelict ships are all in their original place. So far picked up 6 and counting. At the same time the random stuff is there too! Picked up 3! Two Khaak scout and a Harrier.
Is this intentional or just a happy coincidence? Not that I am complaining, but my big pain was lack of cash at first.

This question is optional to answer: is it possible to extend the mod (or create another one) to integrate Reunion plots as well? God forbid X2 or X BTF? I would seriously support a project like this!

Thanks again for your awesome mod!

Nuit
x3tc

Post by Nuit » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 22:06

Hey there everyone,

new patch (Update 3.3 for X3:AP) hit the shelf last thursday.
Does anyone know if there are any issues with the mod and if an update is needed ?

Cheers,
Nuit
Hitman - In Space

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 02:51

Nuit wrote:Hey there everyone,

new patch (Update 3.3 for X3:AP) hit the shelf last thursday.
Does anyone know if there are any issues with the mod and if an update is needed ?

Cheers,
Nuit
not sure I had a game from 3.2 and used it in 3.3. A new home plot sector gate doesn't work. I can warp to it but not go through it. not sure why. only issue I've had at all. Just to be clear all I needed was the funds to buy it when I used it in 3.3. So I don't know if it was broken before in other 3.2 version

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 04:01

The New Home gate problem is a bug in dillpickle's files. It looks like Mythrantar's patch doesn't include a fix for it for normal AP, unfortunately. I wrote out some notes on the problem and how to fix it, back in May 2016, if you want to dig back through the thread a little bit.

The fix will only work if you have a save from before the late plot step which was supposed to connect the gate. Otherwise, I think you could fix it by dropping the gate setup code snippet into a 1-shot director shell script. Here is a quick stab at the code, though I don't have a save game to test it on, so this code might need some debug. Copy it into an xml file and put it in the addon/director folder. This doesn't have any plot state checks, so only add this to a game that has reached the bugged step, so that the cue doesn't fire too early.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="director.xsl" type="text/xsl" ?>
<director name="template" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="director.xsd">
    <documentation>
    <author name="SirNukes" alias="..." contact="..." />
    <content reference="TC Plots for AP New Home Patch" name="TC Plots for AP New Home Patch" description="Creates and connects the gate at the end of the New Home plot, which was not connected due to a bug in the TC Plots for AP mod, for addition at the late plot step after sector type selection." />
    <version number="0.0" date="today" status="testing" />
    </documentation>
    <cues>
    <cue name="X3_Customizer_Patch_New_Home_Gate" check="cancel">
        <condition>
        <check_value value="{player.age}" min="10s"/>
        </condition>
        <timing>
        <time exact="1s"/>
        </timing>
        <action>
        <do_all>
            <create_gate name="this.CSVSouthgateinPS" gate="south" typename="SS_WG_SOUTH" race="argon">
                <position x="0" y="0" z="-80km"/>
                <sector x="9" y="6"/>
                <destination gate="north" x="9" y="7"/>
            </create_gate> 
        </do_all>
        </action>
    </cue>
    </cues>
</director>
Last edited by SirNukes on Sat, 16. Dec 17, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 04:05

yes I have a save from right before I pay the funds. Thanks so much

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 23:33

SirNukes wrote:The New Home gate problem is a bug in dillpickle's files. It looks like Mythrantar's patch doesn't include a fix for it for normal AP, unfortunately. I wrote out some notes on the problem and how to fix it, back in May 2016, if you want to dig back through the thread a little bit.

The fix will only work if you have a save from before the late plot step which was supposed to connect the gate. Otherwise, I think you could fix it by dropping the gate setup code snippet into a 1-shot director shell script. Here is a quick stab at the code, though I don't have a save game to test it on, so this code might need some debug. Copy it into an xml file and put it in the addon/director folder. This doesn't have any plot state checks, so only add this to a game that has reached the bugged step, so that the cue doesn't fire too early.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="director.xsl" type="text/xsl" ?>
<director name="template" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="director.xsd">
    <documentation>
    <author name="SirNukes" alias="..." contact="..." />
    <content reference="TC Plots for AP New Home Patch" name="TC Plots for AP New Home Patch" description="Creates and connects the gate at the end of the New Home plot, which was not connected due to a bug in the TC Plots for AP mod, for addition at the late plot step after sector type selection." />
    <version number="0.0" date="today" status="testing" />
    </documentation>
    <cues>
    <cue name="X3_Customizer_Patch_New_Home_Gate" check="cancel">
        <condition>
        <check_value value="{player.age}" min="10s"/>
        </condition>
        <timing>
        <time exact="1s"/>
        </timing>
        <action>
        <do_all>
            <create_gate name="this.CSVSouthgateinPS" gate="south" typename="SS_WG_SOUTH" race="argon">
                <position x="0" y="0" z="-80km"/>
                <sector sector="CSV_toplevel.CSV_playersector"/>
                <destination gate="north" x="9" y="7"/>
            </create_gate> 
        </do_all>
        </action>
    </cue>
    </cues>
</director>
I changed the New Home.xml like you posted back in this thread, moved the --> up but it didn't work for me, my save file is at the point of paying the 56mill in freedoms reach. I also tried your code above with another save file after selecting sector. That didn't work either.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 08:20

Hm. There was at least one bug with the patch code; I realized this morning but didn't have the chance to update it until just now. I edited my post and you can try that again, but maybe something else is going wrong if neither this or my original fix is working in your case. I can take another look over the weekend if it is still bugging up for you.

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Sun, 17. Dec 17, 21:19

SirNukes wrote:Hm. There was at least one bug with the patch code; I realized this morning but didn't have the chance to update it until just now. I edited my post and you can try that again, but maybe something else is going wrong if neither this or my original fix is working in your case. I can take another look over the weekend if it is still bugging up for you.
Just to be clear when I make this xml file and place it into the addon/director folder it should auto fire when I load my game after gate has been placed?

Also for future reference if you extract certain xml files out of the Cat file into director folder. You would need to delete that file from Cat and put the correct one you want into the Director folder and not back into the Cat file director folder? or could you do either or? Thanks I'm still learning here Ha

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sun, 17. Dec 17, 22:59

Loose files in the folders, like addon/director, have priority over anything in the cat/dat files, so you don't need to do any edits of those.

Yes, the code I posted should fire a few seconds after loading a save with that file in the director folder. You can add some code like this, in the same do_all block with the gate creation, to verify the code was run and the gate was created in the new home sector:

<warp_player> 
                <position x="0" y="0" z="-75km"/>
                <sector x="9" y="6"/>
            </warp_player>
That should put you a few km from the created gate. As long as there is a matching gate on the other side in sector 9,7 (which should get created when you select a sector name), it should connect up properly.

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Sun, 17. Dec 17, 23:54

It's not firing, I don't warp. I'm going to use GoG version (vs Steams) and reinstall and setup game, and see if that helps. Strange cause everything in the game works, this is first quirk in this play through. working on hub plot now, the beginning anyways

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 00:24

Well that worked (reinstalled game), changed the New Home xml file and loaded game before payment. New Sector is mine. I really appreciate your help, thank you.

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 09:36

Hi, is this mod compatible with Apricot Very Easy Hub script?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”