[MOD] Terran Conflict plots 2.2a for Albion Prelude 3.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Sun, 17. Dec 17, 21:19

SirNukes wrote:Hm. There was at least one bug with the patch code; I realized this morning but didn't have the chance to update it until just now. I edited my post and you can try that again, but maybe something else is going wrong if neither this or my original fix is working in your case. I can take another look over the weekend if it is still bugging up for you.
Just to be clear when I make this xml file and place it into the addon/director folder it should auto fire when I load my game after gate has been placed?

Also for future reference if you extract certain xml files out of the Cat file into director folder. You would need to delete that file from Cat and put the correct one you want into the Director folder and not back into the Cat file director folder? or could you do either or? Thanks I'm still learning here Ha

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sun, 17. Dec 17, 22:59

Loose files in the folders, like addon/director, have priority over anything in the cat/dat files, so you don't need to do any edits of those.

Yes, the code I posted should fire a few seconds after loading a save with that file in the director folder. You can add some code like this, in the same do_all block with the gate creation, to verify the code was run and the gate was created in the new home sector:

Code: Select all

<warp_player> 
                <position x="0" y="0" z="-75km"/>
                <sector x="9" y="6"/>
            </warp_player>
That should put you a few km from the created gate. As long as there is a matching gate on the other side in sector 9,7 (which should get created when you select a sector name), it should connect up properly.

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Sun, 17. Dec 17, 23:54

It's not firing, I don't warp. I'm going to use GoG version (vs Steams) and reinstall and setup game, and see if that helps. Strange cause everything in the game works, this is first quirk in this play through. working on hub plot now, the beginning anyways

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 00:24

Well that worked (reinstalled game), changed the New Home xml file and loaded game before payment. New Sector is mine. I really appreciate your help, thank you.

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 09:36

Hi, is this mod compatible with Apricot Very Easy Hub script?

Skumleren
x3tc

Everything in sector explodes when i enter several terran sectors

Post by Skumleren » Sun, 2. Sep 18, 13:54

Hello everyone
This is the only mod i have installed, so i am quessing the problem is inhere somewhere.

Whenever I enter a Terran Sector such as Uranus or Mars, my ship, along with every station and ship explodes as soon as i exit the gate/jump beacon. I have access to Saturn/Heretics end/Asteroid belt and a number of others, and my reputation is Servant of Terra/Lunar Access. Have anyone had experience with this? It is pretty hard to do the ATF plot when my ships constantly explode. I did an Argon start.

Thanks a bunch

-Martin
Only an idiot creates order, a genius controls chaos.

elqatta
x4

Re: [MOD] Terran Conflict plots 2.2a for Albion Prelude 3.1

Post by elqatta » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 10:39

Hello!

I think I may have a problems with ANH plot.

Despite I met all requirements whenever i fly near Danna's Chance (at least 2 away) I never get a message from any ship.
I downloaded the Interactive Plot Manager to see if the plot is triggered or not, and when I open comms menu I see blue book icons next to PHQ, HUB, and Final Fury plots and nothing next to ANH and Treasure Hunt (screen here: http://prntscr.com/l15z5x ).
I also tried to Reset plots but nothing changed . I really dont know what to do!!!

These are the installed mods:

Terran Conflicts plots 2.2
Interactive Plot Manager
MARS
Smart Turret
X3 Resurrection

Thank you all.

RockPie
x3ap

Post by RockPie » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 06:34

Is there a list of the missions i have to complete before the war kicks off? Or is there a command to just start it? I mainly just wanted to do the Terran one to find out why we were fighting but nothing is happening afterwards.

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 00:33

elqatta wrote:
Tue, 2. Oct 18, 10:39
Hello!

I think I may have a problems with ANH plot.

Despite I met all requirements whenever i fly near Danna's Chance (at least 2 away) I never get a message from any ship.
I downloaded the Interactive Plot Manager to see if the plot is triggered or not, and when I open comms menu I see blue book icons next to PHQ, HUB, and Final Fury plots and nothing next to ANH and Treasure Hunt (screen here: http://prntscr.com/l15z5x ).
I also tried to Reset plots but nothing changed . I really dont know what to do!!!

These are the installed mods:

Terran Conflicts plots 2.2
Interactive Plot Manager
MARS
Smart Turret
X3 Resurrection

Thank you all.
For me, I was having issues with #cafe jumping out way too early, before objectives were completed, breaking the mission.

I resorted to updating the director script to recreate #cafe if needed whenever it was referenced. A crude hack, but it got me through the mission.

EDIT: oh, and I noticed you also have both Smart and MARS. I updated Smart to not conflict with MARS on AI ships, by making it that they both won't try to take over the same ship classes. Would you be interested in that fix? If so, I will post it in the Smart thread.

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 02:16

Please post this fix!

And can you please explain what you do EXACTLY in which Director -Script??

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 01:39

Ok, I posted the fix for Smart: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=304686&p=4797290#p4797290

Anyway, for the director script for the new home mission, what I did is to, every time #cafe is referenced, checked to see if its group was of size 0 (aka, it jumped out prematurely), and if so, replicated the block that created it initially and set it as the new #cafe the script looks for.

I could go over technical specifics, but that would be a bit painful. Instead, I will just post what I am using so far.

2.013 New Home.xml: (For TC plots in AP only, will probably break hideously under vanilla TC)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BDkp7 ... KMRgqpjISt

Copy this to the "director" directory.

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 03:04

Thanks !!!

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 02:03

Will using this mod mark my game as modded?
Thanks

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 12:06

Yes, it will.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 00:08

Thanks X2-Illuminatus

kruesae
x4

Post by kruesae » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 17:19

Hello everyone,

How do I Start the Terrans Plot ? Do I have to end war Plot, that Starts right after the beginning of my Argon Defender start?

I got the Message at the beginning of my Game, in which i could choose all or None Plots. But I cannot Start the plotmanager or do I have to Install it seperatly?

Happy New Year
http://world-of-dungeons.de/?link_wd_12081

Wer Lust kann sich für eine tolles Browsergame hier anmelden und auf Darakesh sich einer starken Truppe an schließen.

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 15:45

I am playing XRM and none of the plot missions start. :?
Any help is much welcome.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 19:17

Taylor2008 wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 15:45
I am playing XRM and none of the plot missions start. :?
Any help is much welcome.
The XRM starts disable some plots. Try a standard start instead.

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 20:59

I started with Humble Merchant...
Isn`t that a standart start?

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 00:04

Taylor2008 wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 20:59
I started with Humble Merchant...
Isn`t that a standart start?
Ya, plots should work for that. There might be an install order issue, or similar. As a test, the default TC Terran start should drop right into the Terran plot.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”