Marine Repairs and Training [TC][AP][ALP]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 17:55

Apparently xdownloads was down for a short time. But it works again now.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

zerassar
x3ap

Post by zerassar » Sun, 13. Dec 15, 06:10

Looks like the hosting site has had a revamp and theres many broken links from the forums.

Managed to locate the correct link though.

http://xdownloads.co.uk/index.php?optio ... Itemid=116

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 13. Dec 15, 08:53

Updated the links on the first page. Thank you for the report, zerassar.

OneFourTwo
x3tc

Post by OneFourTwo » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 22:42

Does this work on NPC ships if the cost is set to zero? Assuming they have marines of course

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 23:44

Marine Repairs and Training works on player-owned ships, no matter how the costs are set. It does not work on ships that are not owned by the player.

If you want trained marines on ships that you do not own, then take a look at Improved Boarding or Improved Boarding (DrBullwinkle's Hacked Version). Both include an Artificial Life script that will place partially-trained marines on NPC ships.

OneFourTwo
x3tc

Post by OneFourTwo » Tue, 5. Jan 16, 02:21

Hey thanks for the detailed reply. It's for the repair section specifically.

I'm playing the XRM mod and Argon have a lot of shield bypass weaponry and tend to tickle the Terran capital ships to death on multiple small incursions of M6 groups whereas the same is not true for Terran small incursions.

I was looking for a repair mod that would allow terran to slowly repair the hull on M7+ craft without having to sacrifice this nice bit of faction diversity by changing the TBullets values to only hit shields.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 5. Jan 16, 02:37

Organic Boron Hulls is closer to what you are looking for. It could be modified to do what you want with X-Studio Script Editor.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 6. Jan 16, 00:28

Hi,

I've just gotten back into X3 - Albion Prelude + Litcubes mod to be exact.

Anyway, my old build had the original v1.02 Marine Repairs, but this no longer works with LU 1.5.2. So, I found this updated version which does work. Nice.

However, I'm having a few issues configuring this version to run as I desire. What I want is to make all repairs totally free, so no money used. For balance I will pick a ware to use for repairs, likely Teladianium, but for the moment I've disabled ALL ware use so I don't start losing stored wares before I'm totally familiar with the script.

I've set all ware consumptions to "no" in the 8501-L044.xml, plus I've also set "Repair cost per hull point" (id="304") to 0, yet I'm still getting charged 50k cr per "tick" with ten Marines of varied skill sat at a damaged M6 Marlin. Note I purposely bought marines with 40-50+ combined repair ability based on skills.

Note: I only have marines on this one ship while I'm testing.

Can you advise why my account is still draining? What have I missed? I notice you appear to have added options to this file since the original post was made, so possibly something has changed?

Anyway, thanks for continuing this script, it suits my salvage style of play very well, just need to get the Credit cost eliminated in favour of just resource costs - ideally I've have NO repairs take place without one of the needed wares being on board.

Edit: Ok, I think I figured it out. Even with a repair cost of zero, the Marines were being "Trained" on the job as they repaired it seems. As a result the Training Cost (id="303") was being taken into account!

So, setting both Repair cost per hull point and Training cost per point of training to zero, removed my constant credit drain.

Note: possibly I miss understood things initially, I assumed the Training cost was for actual training, not experience gained while actively repairing.

Cheers,

Scoob.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 04:34

Looks like you answered your own question, Scoob. Training costs are separate from repair costs.

The default values make training exactly the same cost as training at an Equipment Dock. The advantage of MRT is that marines train while they do useful work for you: On The Job training.

fritzonline
x3ap

Post by fritzonline » Tue, 26. Jan 16, 09:01

I was having an issue with getting Marine Repairs and Training in LU on a Mac, and realized that after unzipping the file, some of the file permissions were screwed up. After checking the scripts and t directory I found a few mod files that had bad permissions (eg Passenger to Marine), so my issues were resolved with a quick chmod 644.

Anyway, it might be specific to my setup, it might be Unarchiver, but if anyone is having issues with any Bullwinkle mods on a Mac, run chmod 644 * on your scripts and t directories.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 26. Jan 16, 09:06

Windows archives don't generally save permissions, so it is probably your setup. Not that there is anything wrong with your advice -- it may be a good tip for *nix users.

It just isn't a Windows thing.

fritzonline
x3ap

Post by fritzonline » Tue, 26. Jan 16, 11:34

Yup, I know us Linux and Mac players are not that common, and I've spent a fair amount of time trawling through the Unix-specific threads, but this was a problem I've only encountered with these particular zip files, so I thought I'd give the one other guy who might have this problem a heads-up. Penguin bros gotta look out for each other.

Thanks for the great mods. I'm forming a Bro army, and it helps to have some Bros onboard at all times.

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Sat, 6. Feb 16, 02:55

what are the pre req's for bootcamp to start? or how do i start it?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 6. Feb 16, 05:52

Hmmm... I may need to update the first post. Bootcamp happens automatically. It works on marines with less than two stars in all skills. The following is carefully hidden in the "History" section:

Bootcamp ... will never spend more than 5% of your bank account per hour. Bootcamp will not train at all until your bank account has at least $2 million credits in it. More money means faster Bootcamp training. Less money means slower training.

Marines are expensive. Full training for a marine costs about 2.5 million credits. Therefore, for most purposes, it does not make sense to turn on Marine Repairs and Training (MRT) until you have sufficient income from Universe Traders, miners, or some other enterprise.

The only scenario that I can think of that justifies using MRT early in your game is when you want to earn most of your early income from boarding operations. In that case you can steal a TP with an M3 (or maybe even an M4 if you are good), and invest whatever credits you have into hiring maybe six or eight marines. From there, you can slowly expand your empire.

Even so, 8 trained marines will cost you 20 million credits. So the bottom line is that you need credits. Lots of them.

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Sat, 6. Feb 16, 19:44

thanks for the reply i will have to check out the history section. and another silly question how do i equip them with firearms or feed them. i tried putting a few low yield sidearms space fuel and meatsteak cahoonas in the ship that was carrying them but no dice maybe i didnt have enough?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 7. Feb 16, 00:48

You probably have discovered the answer already: Wait a bit.

Placing the wares in cargo is the only thing you have to do. The marines will collect them when they are ready, which will be on the next training cycle.

You may have to wait as long as an hour, and you may have to have enough credits in your account for a training cycle to occur.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 08:50

How do I uninstall this mod if I did not use PluginManager to install it? (don't worry I like you mod but I just want to uninstall it because I'm testing out some stuff)

Will it mess up my game since it is a Artificial Life mod?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 08:59

Black_hole_suN wrote:How do I uninstall this mod?

Will it mess up my game since it is a Artificial Life mod?
Turn off MRT in the Artificial Life settings.

Wait one minute.

Remove the files (specifically: addon\scripts\al.plugin.Bw.MarineRepairsAndTraining.xml).

If turned off and removed, then MRT will no longer have any affect on your saved game.

Of course, for testing purposes, all you really need to do is to turn MRT off. No need to uninstall it.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 09:13

Thank you!

mercury46

Post by mercury46 » Fri, 15. Apr 16, 19:28

this might be unrelated.

where can i edit marine's number on a ship ?
i just cant find it on x editor

edit: other than changing its class

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”