Marine Repairs and Training [TC][AP][ALP]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 7. Feb 16, 00:48

You probably have discovered the answer already: Wait a bit.

Placing the wares in cargo is the only thing you have to do. The marines will collect them when they are ready, which will be on the next training cycle.

You may have to wait as long as an hour, and you may have to have enough credits in your account for a training cycle to occur.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 08:50

How do I uninstall this mod if I did not use PluginManager to install it? (don't worry I like you mod but I just want to uninstall it because I'm testing out some stuff)

Will it mess up my game since it is a Artificial Life mod?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 08:59

Black_hole_suN wrote:How do I uninstall this mod?

Will it mess up my game since it is a Artificial Life mod?
Turn off MRT in the Artificial Life settings.

Wait one minute.

Remove the files (specifically: addon\scripts\al.plugin.Bw.MarineRepairsAndTraining.xml).

If turned off and removed, then MRT will no longer have any affect on your saved game.

Of course, for testing purposes, all you really need to do is to turn MRT off. No need to uninstall it.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 09:13

Thank you!

mercury46

Post by mercury46 » Fri, 15. Apr 16, 19:28

this might be unrelated.

where can i edit marine's number on a ship ?
i just cant find it on x editor

edit: other than changing its class

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 15. Apr 16, 20:33

Ship class is the only way. Marine capacity is fixed by class.

You can, of course, change your Hyperion Vanguard into a TP, for example. That would change marine capacity from 8 to 40 (in AP).

TP's cannot be carriers. So, in our Hyperion example, you would give up the ability to dock two fighters.

Hope that helps.

mercury46

Post by mercury46 » Sat, 16. Apr 16, 13:53

uh.. but can i change a class's marine limit?
things like m6 to 10 marine

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 16. Apr 16, 14:31

No, you cannot do that.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Sat, 16. Apr 16, 21:54

Hey DrBullwinkle,

any idea whether this is compatible with anarkis defence systems as they both handle marine repairs?

I had a quick look with google but no obvious answers.

Cheers,

Tom
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

avilonrayne
x4

Post by avilonrayne » Mon, 20. Jun 16, 11:38

While I'm loving this mod, why did you choose to use an illegal ware as the placeholder? It makes the marines very difficult to use outside of pirate/unknown/xenon space. If I don't remember to eject the slaves immediately after they spawn, I risk getting scanned before the marines are done repairing something. I've even gotten shot a few times by having SETA on while sending out the marines!

Is there any way to change or remove the placeholder ware? Alternatively, is there a way to make slaves legal?

I'm using the mod in both LU and XRM (two different install folders!)

adriancos
x3tc

Post by adriancos » Tue, 28. Jun 16, 14:39

is there a possibility that instead of specifying repair cost per hull point in the xml file, to call in the script the following info: ship price (new from shipyard) divided by some amount?

i would like to adjust that a full repair to be around 90% of the new ship cost, but strictly in relation to the new ship cost

$repair.cost.per.hull.point = read text: page=$PageID id=304

does anyone know how can i call this in the script? if it is possible if course...

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sun, 3. Jul 16, 03:24

Loving the mod, but I ran into a bug with station repairs (specifically, that they don't work) after some Terrans got angry over my Goner booze complex.

I took a couple hours to go through the scripts and traced down the bug. In al.Bw.MarineRepairsAndTraining.station.xml at line 62, you have:

Code: Select all

$repair.cost = $mothership->call script 'al.Bw.MarineRepairsAndTraining.cost' : target=$mothership  target.hull.current=$mothership.hull.current  target.hull.set=$mothership.hull.set
However, mothership.hull.set is unitialized at this point (it is not written until line 75). In the .cost script, it checks this input and returns 0 if there is a problem:

if not $target.hull.set
  return 0
end
The .station script then checks the repair cost, sees that it is 0, and skips doing repairs. At a glance, the .docked.at.hub script (for repairing hub substations) has the same bug at line 71.

The quick fix I applied is to move up the hull.set variable writes to before the .cost script call, in the .station script and .docked.at.hub script respectively:

$mothership.hull.set = $mothership.hull.current + ( $effectiveness * $c.station.effectiveness.multiplier )
$repair.cost = $mothership->call script 'al.Bw.MarineRepairsAndTraining.cost' : target=$mothership  target.hull.current=$mothership.hull.current  target.hull.set=$mothership.hull.set

$station.hull.set = $station.hull.current + ( $effectiveness * $c.station.effectiveness.multiplier )
$repair.cost = $station->call script 'al.Bw.MarineRepairsAndTraining.cost' : target=$station  target.hull.current=$station.hull.current  target.hull.set=$station.hull.set

Malaras
x4

Post by Malaras » Tue, 16. Aug 16, 09:34

Hello, Haven't played x3ap for long while till recently, Was curious what ship(s) i could use that can dock any where to repair stations? I bought a ceberous(sp) but it cant seem to dock at solar plant. More marines the better that the ship can hold.

Thanks much.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 3. Oct 16, 04:03

Personnel transports (TP) work well, holding 40 marines each and having a built in cargo life support system. Corvettes (M6) can dock most of the same places as a TP, though they hold only 8 marines.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 4. Oct 16, 04:34

Apologies to several of you. Apparently the board stopped sending me notices of new posts in the thread. Hopefully just temporarily. Catching up...

TomRobinson wrote:any idea whether this is compatible with anarkis defence systems as they both handle marine repairs?
Sure, Tom. Many players use both.

avilonrayne wrote:While I'm loving this mod, why did you choose to use an illegal ware as the placeholder? ... Is there any way to change or remove the placeholder ware? Alternatively, is there a way to make slaves legal?

I never really thought of slaves as being illegal, although you are certainly correct that they are. Yes, you could change the ware with the script editor. There is no way to make slaves legal.

Another solution is to not use SETA while marines are on an op. The odds of you being scanned during a boarding op are tiny, and you will have more to worry about from the cops than contraband when you complete the op.

Likewise, the odds of your being scanned during a spacewalk repair seem small, as well.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your report and will fix it in the next version. Thank you.

adriancos wrote:is there a possibility that instead of specifying repair cost per hull point in the xml file, to call in the script the following info: ship price (new from shipyard) divided by some amount?

Yes, I have a similar change planned for the next version. Will be based on repair cost at a nearby station rather than ship cost, although the results should be similar.

Specifically, I intend to replace the cost system in the main code with the cost system from spacewalk repairs, which does a more accurate job of costing.

SirNukes wrote:Loving the mod, but I ran into a bug with station repairs (specifically, that they don't work)

Good catch, SirNukes. Thanks for tracking down the bug (and fixing it!). I will add your change in the next version, with thanks to you.

LordSekmeth
x3tc

Post by LordSekmeth » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 22:15

Anyone had any luck adapting this to Litcube's universe? I find it hard to do a game without this mod :( :)
If it ain't broken, fix it anyway

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Tue, 8. Nov 16, 00:35

I just add it without the mod manager and it works just fine with non changes needed

LordSekmeth
x3tc

Post by LordSekmeth » Tue, 8. Nov 16, 01:28

Jonzac wrote:I just add it without the mod manager and it works just fine with non changes needed
Have you used it long term? Still works fine late game?

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Tue, 8. Nov 16, 01:55

Yes in both LUband Mayhem. No issues I e seen

LordSekmeth
x3tc

Post by LordSekmeth » Tue, 8. Nov 16, 01:59

Jonzac wrote:Yes in both LUband Mayhem. No issues I e seen
Thank you :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”