Bullwinkle's List

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 05:39

DrBullwinkle:

I think I am the one who should apologise, my poor attempt at humour obviously failed.

Now having considered what you have said regarding the NSE. I must point out that after 12 hour of exhaustive testing... It is the problem.

I do not profess to understand why this is the case, I can assure you that without installing this (NSE) both your own and Gazz's MARS work as intended.

My thanks for your consideration.

Sabrina. :lol:
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

Sairaf
x3tc

Post by Sairaf » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 01:52

Anyone still here?

I'm back at playing TC, X-Tended, particularly. It lacks the built-in comm. range boost XRM has, and since XTC is REALLY PICKY with its compatible mods, I went in search of a list. Your list of scripts is said to be compatible, but I get the red version number when the game loads, indicating it broke the mod. I don't really see issues (except for betty not saying some ship names, sector names when I target the gates and the "entering system", but those were there when it was green), so I don't really care.

THE THING IS, I downloaded your Better Globals and it simply does not work. None of the ranges have been increased, and the .txt file is inside Types, so I don't know why this is happening.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 01:57

Is there a globals.pck in the Types folder? That would override the .txt file.

It is fairly easy to merge changes from one Types file into another. You only need a good text editor (such as Notepad++).

My globals file has comments for the lines that are changed from vanilla. You could copy and paste the lines that you want from my globals into the XTC globals file.

If the XTC globals file is not in the types folder, then it may be in a .cat file. In that case, you will need X3Editor2 to extract it.

Sairaf
x3tc

Post by Sairaf » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 02:34

Rats, that must be it. I thought folders in the same folder as the .exe overwrote the ones in the VCF. I'll edit the XTC globals and report back.
Last edited by Sairaf on Sun, 11. Oct 15, 03:16, edited 2 times in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 02:39

.pck files have higher precedence (meaning that they override) .txt files.

Files in the correct folders on disk override those in .cats.

See "A Word About File Precedence" in the Tools and Resources section of the Ship Tricks tutorials for the full story about file precedence.

Sairaf
x3tc

Post by Sairaf » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 03:16

It doesn't seem to be working. Even though I set the comm. range to 100 000, comms. won't activate with objects further than 50 kilometers. Either I'm doing something REALLY wrong, or the globals use a scale that isn't kilometers, even though it says it does.

Well, I guess I could work with a 50km range. I have no need to enhance transporter or docking range.

Edit: IT WORKED

I was copying your entire globals and overwriting everything in XTC's, while I should only be overwriting that section. I did this, and it worked.

The only issue that really bugs me is Betty. Vanilla Betty says her lines, but she won't work with XTC Betty. For instance, Vanilla Betty says "gate...", but XTC Betty doesn't say the sector name afterwards. Likewise, XTC Betty says the sector name I just got into, but Vanilla Betty doesn't say "entering system...". Not to mention neither of them say the new ships names, like the Argon Leviathan, Boron Whale... I've yet to see if they say new stations types, like Wharves. Vanilla Betty does say "dry dock", though.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 03:22

To test whether you are modifying the correct file, try making a 10x difference in range. Just add a zero.

Be sure that you are editing the actual range number (not the comment).

The most likely reasons for your edits to not work are either editing the wrong file, or editing incorrectly.

For questions about XTC, you will want to post in the XTC thread.

amuse
xr

Post by amuse » Sun, 1. Nov 15, 12:55

Hi.

Trying to download your updated Energy Cell Generator script, but the download link is down.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 1. Nov 15, 16:34

Reported to SS_T, owner of xdownloads.co.uk. AFAIK that is the only currently-operating hosting site for X3 scripts. By far the easiest solution is for him to fix the issue, if he can.

Let's give him a few days. If SS_T cannot sort out the issue, then we can consider alternatives, OK?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 1. Nov 15, 18:17

xdownloads has a backup of most (all ?) files in googledrive, which is still working. Always worth to check, if xdownloads is down: Link.

Direct download link for CSecG-V2.06-2013-11-27.spk
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Fenris321
x4

Re: Bullwinkle's List

Post by Fenris321 » Tue, 3. Nov 15, 20:10

DrBullwinkle wrote:Bullwinkle's List

*snip*
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Freight Drone Transfer (capital ships can buy/sell with drones)
Freight Drone Transfer
[ external image ]

Allows capital ships to buy and sell wares at stations that do not allow capital ship docking. The drones are turbo-charged and work much better than vanilla freight drones. Makes TL's useful for TRADE missions, and allows M1/M2/M7 to purchase energy directly from Solar Power Plants.

This update improves reliability and speed of freight drones substantially.

*snip*
Is that link correct? It takes me to OneDrive and a bunch of mods but I don't see that one. I'm not ruling out the possibility that I'm blind though.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 3. Nov 15, 22:17

The link is correct but is not functioning correctly at the moment, due to some lowlife who hacked the x1downloads web site. Here are a couple of mirrors:

Freight Drone Transfer (capital ships can buy/sell with drones)
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
[ external image ]

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Tue, 3. Nov 15, 22:22

Thanks, your awesome!

AP wouldn't be the same for me without your list :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 3. Nov 15, 22:26

Happy to help.

And thank you, Fenris.

Mirrors for the x1downloads site while it is temporarily offline:

Mirror 1
Mirror 2

fbjfischer
x3ap

Post by fbjfischer » Tue, 10. Nov 15, 21:32

Hi all!

I'm currently using "Improved Boarding 1.24a". The "Boarding Transporter Extension" is working fine, but when I look into the Split equipment docks or in my ships inventory, sometimes it reads "ZM_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM16_13" instead of "Boarding Transporter Extension" and sometimes everything is okay. The "Info" for the item is always correct. What is the reason for this? Does anyone know? :?

Thanks and best regards,
Frank 8)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 10. Nov 15, 21:56

Do you play in English?

I believe that the official answer is, "Nobody knows". At least, Cycrow has said that he does not know, and I do not know.

Names are determined by language files. The game should, theoretically, use the name listed in the highest-numbered language file for that name and language. The "ZM_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM16_13" should be in the lowest-numbered language file for that name and the English language, at least. Other languages may also be supported. That means that the correct name should always override the ZM_EMP name. Emphasis on "SHOULD".

See Language Files: How to modify for your language for more information about language files.

Sometimes, though, the game does not seem to read the correct name. This is that part that I have never seen explained. In my experience, the game will USUALLY find the correct name after a few seconds. However, this is not ALWAYS true.

If the name works correctly sometimes, then you probably have the script installed correctly, and your language is probably supported.

Another possible reason can be when one file of a multi-part script has not been re-compiled after a change in the name. However, Improved Boarding only uses the name in the setup script to install wares at certain equipment docks. So this is unlikely to be the cause of the issue that you report.

Bottom Line is that it happens sometimes. AFAIK, nobody knows why. Sorry!

firefightervf06
x3tc

Cargo Hunter

Post by firefightervf06 » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 01:50

Dr Bullwinkle, thanks so much for the fast reply. I had no idea that the game will only produce an IBL station if one is gone!! No wonder my Cargo Hunter hasn't found one since I installed it! I downloaded the Property Baron script by Nividium, if I buy the IBL stations already there will the game send out new ones or will it still detect them the same way? Thanks again!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Cargo Hunter

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 01:58

firefightervf06 wrote:Property Baron script by Nividium, if I buy the IBL stations already there will the game send out new ones or will it still detect them the same way?
I don't know about Property Baron. Sorry.

Stealing and/or buying IBL factories is fun if you like that. You do know that it is easy to buy IBLs from Pirates and Yaki, right?

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 02:28

No, I didn't. All Ive seen at the shipyard above Weaver's Tempest are ships. Don't tell me there's a shipyard somewhere that I can buy them at?? Ugh lol

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 02:35

firefightervf06 wrote:Don't tell me there's a shipyard somewhere that I can buy them at??
Don't panic. :)

You cannot buy IBL FACTORIES in the vanilla game. But you CAN buy IBLs themselves. You can also steal IBLs from a semi-secretive faction.

But if your goal is to manufacture a LOT of IBLs, then carry on with what you are doing.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”