[SCR][TC+AP] Release Passengers (1.0.1) [Update: 28.06.13]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

[SCR][TC+AP] Release Passengers (1.0.1) [Update: 28.06.13]

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 5. May 12, 10:18

Das deutsche Thema findet sich hier.

Release Passengers
(Version 1.0.1)

It's a known and by most members of the different races accepted fact that the universe is a dangerous place. But in addition to the usual dangers a barbarization seems to go on recently. Pilots are no longer only thrown out of their ships, but have to fight for their lives more often, just to end as slaves anyhow. Even respectable traders are not afraid anymore to sell caught pilots as slaves to the most horrible pirates. The formerly accepted code of honour, to take a ship and its freight, but to let the pilot escape, is not worth a single Credit anymore.
The Goners, who always have been an easy target for Pirates, have been trying to counteract this development for a long time. In collaboration with the initiatives "A good deed a day!", "Even slaves are living beings!" and "Which unholy creature is suitable for work anyhow?" the Goners were able to convince the main races of a new approach of dealing with caught pilots.
As a first step the release of caught pilots will be simplified. In previous days you had to fill out dozens of forms and despite your good intentions, in the worst case, you had to deal with the police. Now you can release caught pilots at all stations in the whole universe. Special trained personal will then take care of these people. Although you won't get any money for this, the races will surely be grateful for releasing their pilots.

>> The Installation

For X3: Terran Conflict:
Download the script archive and extract it to your X3:TC directory.

For X3: Albion Prelude:
Download the script archive and extract it to the "addon"-folder in your X3:TC directory.

Afterwards all files of the archive, they are listed below, should be in their respective folders in the X3:TC directory or its "addon"-folder. Just to be on the safe side you should also make a backup of your savegames before installing the script. The standard directory for the saves is "C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\My Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\save" or "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\save". For X3AP the paths are the same, you just have to replace X3TC with X3AP.

>> The brief instruction

1. Dock one of your ships with passengers aboard at a station.
2. In that ship's command console under "Additional Ship Commands" select the command "Release Passengers".

>> The function

With this script passengers that are aboard of your ships can be released at stations. Therefore you must have a ship with passengers docked to a station. Over the ship's command console -> "Additional Ship Commands" -> "Release Passengers" two different options to release passengers are available:
  • 1. Release single Passengers: A list with all passengers aboard the ship is displayed. By clicking on one, you can release him.
    2. Release all passengers: All passengers are released at once.
Passengers that are bound to a plot (passenger is invincible) or bound to a transport mission (passengers want to be transported from A to B) or that have local variables saved on them cannot be released. These will be sorted out right from the start and won't be shown in the "Release Single Passengers"-list.

For each released passenger your rank towards the passenger's race will slightly increase. How much recognition you gain depends on the owner of the station, where you release the passenger. If the owner of the station and the passenger belong to the same race, you will gain 10 "recognition points". If the station belongs to another race, you will only gain 5 points towards the passenger's race. If the owner of the station belong to the Goner, then in addition to the recognition increase towards the passenger's race you will also gain 10 points towards the Goner.

You won't gain any recognition, if you release passengers at Pirate, Yaki or Player stations.

>> Known problems

Version 1.0.1:
- Currently, there are no known problems. I've tested this script with a few, but not all plots in X3TC and X3AP. The release (destruction) of a plot character will certainly cause the plot to hang. So when you are in doubt and you have the suspicion that one of the displayed passengers is a plot character, do not (!) try to release him.

>> (In)Compatibilities

The script is compatible to all X3TC version equal or great than version 2.5 and to all X3AP versions greater than version 1.0. It is also compatible to all scripts and mods that do not use the same text and page id (7335) and the same command slot (COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_61).

>> The uninstallation

Quit the game and run the 'uninstall.X2I.releasepassengers.bat', which can be found in the 'scripts.uninstall'-folder in the X3TC main directory (or its addon-folder). If there are no other files in the 'scripts.uninstall'-folder, it can be deleted afterwards.

>> Credits

EGOSOFT for the X-Series and the Script Editor
SS_T for providing a reliable hosting place on xdownloads.co.uk

>> Download

xdownloads:
[ external image ]

mediafire.com:
[ external image ]

>> Files in the archive
  • Documents
    • - LiesMich_Passagiere_freilassen.txt
      - Readme_Release_passengers.txt
    scripts
    • - !init.X2I.releasepassengers.modified.pck
      - lib.X2I.releasepassengers.getrace.xml
      - plugin.X2I.releasepassengers.exclude.xml
      - plugin.X2I.releasepassengers.main.xml
      - plugin.X2I.releasepassengers.release.xml
      - setup.X2I.releasepassengers.xml
    scripts.uninstall
    • - uninstall.X2I.releasepassengers.bat
    t
    • - 7335-L044.xml (Englisch)
      - 7335-L049.xml (Deutsch)
>> Version history
  • 05th May 2012 - Release (Version 1.0)

28th June 2013 - Update (Version 1.0.1)
    • - Passengers that have local variables saved on them and therefore most likely belong to another script will be sorted out before releasing them is possible

Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Mon, 1. Aug 16, 11:23, edited 13 times in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 5. May 12, 11:26

*reserved*
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 5. May 12, 12:21

Very nice script. I was looking forward to seeing such extension.

You could actually improve this script by adding - release slaves option. Now there is no option to remove them in a humane way. You either sell them or dump them in a container into space.

Search and rescue of astronaut could be profitable as well! When releasing any astronauts on a station belonging to a race with police licence we could get some money for such rescues as well :)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 5. May 12, 12:24

Is there any reason why the first post is blank ?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 5. May 12, 12:37

Should be okay now. The first post was not blank per se. But there seems to be a forum-wide problem with using img-tags in a certain way (not sure, what the exact problem is) and having the "Show images - images in posts"-option in your profile deactived. I removed a few images at the top of the post for now.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 5. May 12, 13:17

Thats better.

I like the idea. I routinely beam aboard stray pilots, so end up with hundreds of them.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 5. May 12, 14:14

Sorkvild wrote:You could actually improve this script by adding - release slaves option.
Not sure about this. After all you only get slaves, when you buy them or when you turned passengers into slaves before, right? So when you have slaves you already have taken the path to the dark side. :fg:
Sorkvild wrote:When releasing any astronauts on a station belonging to a race with police licence we could get some money for such rescues as well
That sounds definitely interesting. :) I might add this to an upcoming version.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 5. May 12, 16:14

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sorkvild wrote:You could actually improve this script by adding - release slaves option.
Not sure about this. After all you only get slaves, when you buy them or when you turned passengers into slaves before, right? So when you have slaves you already have taken the path to the dark side. :fg:
Sorkvild wrote:When releasing any astronauts on a station belonging to a race with police licence we could get some money for such rescues as well
Sometimes the slaves are floating in a container around might be found onboard captured ship ;) One script from bonus pack for X3R had this option of slave release or something.

Can't wait for the new version, to do some combat search and rescue and get some good cash for it ;)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 5. May 12, 17:31

Hmm, okay. Will think about adding a function to release slaves then as well.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 5. May 12, 22:01

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
So who would pay more for one of your "passengers"? Pirate slave traders? Or the loved ones of those that you "rescued"?

It seems like an excellent opportunity to increase the value of passengers; by ransoming them back to their families. :twisted:

Personally, I think the pricing on slaves is too low by 50x. It is more cost-effective to Convert Passenger to Marine. Now you have an opportunity to "fix" that.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 5. May 12, 23:01

DrBullwinkle wrote:
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
So who would pay more for one of your "passengers"? Pirate slave traders? Or the loved ones of those that you "rescued"?

It seems like an excellent opportunity to increase the value of passengers; by ransoming them back to their families. :twisted:

Personally, I think the pricing on slaves is too low by 50x. It is more cost-effective to Convert Passenger to Marine. Now you have an opportunity to "fix" that.
It's all about rules and rpg feeling. Dirty characters should head to pirate base ;) Yes I agree, price on slaves is some kind of joke. They price equals a few chunks of argnu beef.
I'm going to adjust the ware file in my age to make slaves more pricey.

Convert Passenger to Marine - nice script , but marines created by this script are worthless and they come with almost zero skill.
We want the Boron back!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 5. May 12, 23:15

Sorkvild wrote:It's all about rules and rpg feeling.

Sorry, did I say "ransom"? I am sure that I meant "reward". Would not the families of your passengers be willing to generously reward you for rescuing their loved ones? ;)
Convert Passenger to Marine - nice script , but marines created by this script are worthless and they come with almost zero skill.
In plugin.pel.conv.pass.marine.do, change "train passenger to marine" to "create marine from passenger: fighting=50 hacking=50 mechanical=50 engineering=50". (Or whatever numbers you prefer.)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 6. May 12, 15:09

DrBullwinkle wrote:Sorry, did I say "ransom"? I am sure that I meant "reward". Would not the families of your passengers be willing to generously reward you for rescuing their loved ones?
But that implies that the families do have the money to reward you. After all there are many traders or ship owners out there, who just have their ship and the freight it carries. So no ship means no money for them. Also not every one has a family at all. There are many lonely souls out there.
Nevertheless, I don't want to exclude the possibility that there will be the richer pilots that will be a bit more generous about their release. ;)

Apart from that, the different races and their governments (unfortunately) do not have the money to make the release of pilots more profitable than the dealing with slaves. However, they still expect to see more and more people releasing caught pilots and passengers due to the high availability of this service.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 6. May 12, 15:18

X2-Illuminatus wrote:that implies that the families do have the money to reward you...

Nevertheless, I don't want to exclude the possibility that there will be the richer pilots that will be a bit more generous about their release. ;)
Perfect. You have the beginnings of something great here, X2.

A primary cause of addiction is "inconsistent reinforcement". It is a major part of the appeal of gambling, extreme sports, and games. Selling slaves is consistent but boring. Releasing prisoners -- while not knowing whether it will be a freebie or whether there will be a reward -- could be very engaging.

Especially if there is the rare possibility of a *huge* reward... it could be a bit like playing the lottery.

(PS: The reward does not always have to be credits. A used M3 would be a very nice reward, as well.)

(PPS: Or the rare but occasional freighter full of Nividium.) :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 7. May 12, 05:06

You could take this a step further.

A bailed pilot actually sends you a message offering a reward to pick him up and release safely. (Especially once you gain a reputation for releasing picked up pilots.)

A bailed pilot released, becomes your employer for a while and gets you doing rewarding missions.

Similar, but the bailed pilots father offers to employ you.

I like the random reward idea as well. So dropping off 200 pilots could net you nothing or several million.

Pilots could also offer to work for you. So you put them in a ship and they become a Mk3 trader for example, with a random rank in the UT range.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Tue, 15. May 12, 22:23

Nice idea. I'd love to see a "slim" chance for a (sometimes monetary) reward, like 10% of the time, ranging randomly from a few hundred credits into the hundred thousand category. After all, some people will be fully appreciative, but have little means to back that up, especially since they've just lost a ship, but others will have wealth and connections.

Rewards could randomly be:

Race Reputation points
Credits
Information (sector or asteroid data)
Sector or Universal Trader with experience
Mission offer
Quantity of free wares (value not extreme)

Obviously, the more variety, the harder the job, but the more entertaining when different results happen.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 16. May 12, 02:50

Honved wrote:Sector or Universal Trader with experience
I like the idea of them working for the player as a ST or UT depending on random experience.

I also had the funny notion pop in that this same pilot might be "vulnerable" to repeating mistakes, so experience wise isnt up to jumping away properly, or staying out of black spots, so tends to lose ships, bail, and send you messages to come save him again.

:lol:

If your silly enough to keep putting that same pilot back in ships, then your silly enough to keep losing ships. :D

I like the whole idea of creating real characters who have have personality and good and bad aspects. Such as this pilot could actually be 25% better than any other pilot at making money, but 50% more prone to losing his ship. In other words, great business person, but lousy pilot. Same pilot put as a station manager though, earns you good money, although might tend to send other piots into harms way.

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Wed, 16. May 12, 08:07

Another step further - how about a random 10% chance that when picked up the pilot can send you a message with a mission to deliver him to specified station of his race?
Another way - bounty on pirates. Those bastards tend to bail, so the best option for them would be a constant reward from the police with reputation. You were just doing a good deed after all.
Haste-whip TrixX!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 16. May 12, 21:47

TouchMyNipple wrote:Another step further...
A step too far I would say. ;) No really, one thing I always had in mind when writing this script was "keep it simple". There will be different rewards, but I won't start to do anything with missions or the like.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 17. May 12, 02:27

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
TouchMyNipple wrote:Another step further...
A step too far I would say. ;) No really, one thing I always had in mind when writing this script was "keep it simple". There will be different rewards, but I won't start to do anything with missions or the like.
Phase 2 perhaps ?

One thing the X universe lacks is "characters", and this idea is a perfect way to create them. I admit though that its a lot of work and would get quite complex.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”