[SCR][TC+AP] Release Passengers (1.0.1) [Update: 28.06.13]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Tue, 15. May 12, 22:23

Nice idea. I'd love to see a "slim" chance for a (sometimes monetary) reward, like 10% of the time, ranging randomly from a few hundred credits into the hundred thousand category. After all, some people will be fully appreciative, but have little means to back that up, especially since they've just lost a ship, but others will have wealth and connections.

Rewards could randomly be:

Race Reputation points
Credits
Information (sector or asteroid data)
Sector or Universal Trader with experience
Mission offer
Quantity of free wares (value not extreme)

Obviously, the more variety, the harder the job, but the more entertaining when different results happen.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 16. May 12, 02:50

Honved wrote:Sector or Universal Trader with experience
I like the idea of them working for the player as a ST or UT depending on random experience.

I also had the funny notion pop in that this same pilot might be "vulnerable" to repeating mistakes, so experience wise isnt up to jumping away properly, or staying out of black spots, so tends to lose ships, bail, and send you messages to come save him again.

:lol:

If your silly enough to keep putting that same pilot back in ships, then your silly enough to keep losing ships. :D

I like the whole idea of creating real characters who have have personality and good and bad aspects. Such as this pilot could actually be 25% better than any other pilot at making money, but 50% more prone to losing his ship. In other words, great business person, but lousy pilot. Same pilot put as a station manager though, earns you good money, although might tend to send other piots into harms way.

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Wed, 16. May 12, 08:07

Another step further - how about a random 10% chance that when picked up the pilot can send you a message with a mission to deliver him to specified station of his race?
Another way - bounty on pirates. Those bastards tend to bail, so the best option for them would be a constant reward from the police with reputation. You were just doing a good deed after all.
Haste-whip TrixX!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 16. May 12, 21:47

TouchMyNipple wrote:Another step further...
A step too far I would say. ;) No really, one thing I always had in mind when writing this script was "keep it simple". There will be different rewards, but I won't start to do anything with missions or the like.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 17. May 12, 02:27

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
TouchMyNipple wrote:Another step further...
A step too far I would say. ;) No really, one thing I always had in mind when writing this script was "keep it simple". There will be different rewards, but I won't start to do anything with missions or the like.
Phase 2 perhaps ?

One thing the X universe lacks is "characters", and this idea is a perfect way to create them. I admit though that its a lot of work and would get quite complex.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 17. May 12, 17:13

Phase 2 perhaps ?
Maybe. Only time will tell. ;)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [SCR][TC+AP] Release Passengers (1.0)

Post by Nanook » Tue, 22. May 12, 23:21

X2-Illuminatus wrote:...
You won't gain any recognition, if you release passengers at Pirate, Yaki or Player stations.....
That's unfortunate. I like to roleplay a pirate sometimes, and it would be nice to be able to release a fellow pirate at a pirate station after I've stolen his ship. You know, "No hard feelings, OK?" :pirat: :mrgreen:

Would it be possible to make this an option?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 23. May 12, 04:57

If you could tag a passenger as having bailed from a pirate ship, then it would make sense to be able to return them to a pirate station.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 23. May 12, 10:09

Nanook wrote:Would it be possible to make this an option?
Sure. Releasing Pirate and Yaki pilots/passengers on Pirate/Yaki stations will increase the rank towards these races. I guess I wasn't expecting Pirates to be so nice to release other pilots instead of enslaving them. But that are probably just the usual prejudices. :P

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 23. May 12, 11:45

I really like the idea of increasing race reputation instead of cash rewards. (Or, randomly, intermixed with cash rewards.)

Nice.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 16:50

A small update to exclude passengers with local variables stored on them.

Changelog - Update (Version 1.0.1)
  • - Passengers that have local variables saved on them and therefore most likely belong to another script won't be sorted out before releasing them is possible

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 17:14

pretty neat idea, as I'm playing with npc bail addon, there are always many floating astronauts in my universe especially at the aftermath of battles :mrgreen:

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 17:26

Sorkvild wrote:Search and rescue of astronaut could be profitable as well! When releasing any astronauts on a station belonging to a race with police licence we could get some money for such rescues as well :)
nap_rz wrote:pretty neat idea, as I'm playing with npc bail addon, there are always many floating astronauts in my universe especially at the aftermath of battles :mrgreen:
Option to collect the astronauts in exchange for raising the reputation of the breed to which the astronaut, it has script SCS Suite by TECSG
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

milytar
x4

Re: [SCR][TC+AP] Release Passengers (1.0.1) [Update: 28.06.13]

Post by milytar » Mon, 17. May 21, 20:44

HI!Is it work on FL too and are installing is same like to AP?
And one day ... one day i will be there ...
And if not... then i will be here ...

Me

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 17. May 21, 21:36

Haven't tested it in X3FL yet, but don't know a reason why it wouldn't work. Scripts for X3FL have to be installed to the x3 terran conflict\addon2-folder.

Note that in vanilla X3FL you can aready release slaves at Goner stations.

milytar
x4

Post by milytar » Mon, 17. May 21, 21:44

"Note that in vanilla X3FL you can aready release slaves at Goner stations." ... Good to know!
I just attacked and forced bail a boron TM full of passangers like borons and argons and want them releace !Noticed that if you push to a boron then you can read info but not for argon.
And one day ... one day i will be there ...
And if not... then i will be here ...

Me

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”