Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides. NO 3D modeling required! (Bullwinkle) [Guide][TC][AP]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 13. Dec 14, 23:07

You could probably still use it. Like put your scenes in a .cat and copy the .cat to the mods folder after every change. it might be more trouble than it is worth.

Pity that the author is not still around. And that he did not publish the source code. It probably would not be difficult to update it for AP (IF we had the source).

Akrilloth
x3tc

Post by Akrilloth » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 02:06

Hmm, i will try that then.
On another matter, i just put some main (invisible weapon) guns on a M2+ i really like, and after correcting their XYZ, they appear to be working perfectly. Except that when there is no target, the beam/bullets go straight upwards in a 60 degree manner. Any idea on how to fix this?

Regards, Akrilloth.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 02:10

Sounds like you have them rotated 60 degrees up?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 8. Jan 15, 03:29

X3Editor Basics for simple TShips edits

A) How do I configure a profile in X3Editor2?

Pull down the Options menu, then select configuration.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

B) What is a simple way for me to edit a ship's performance stats or weapon compatibility?
  • (Do you want to mod TC or AP? For TC you will want the X3TC\types folder. For AP you will want the X3TC\addon\types folder. )

You won't have to worry about the addon folder if you always Open from VFS. VFS will always find the version of the file that the game will use (IF your profile is set to the correct game and path).

1) So Open from VFS types\TShips. (VFS will automatically look in "addon" for AP).

You can double-check that you have the correct file open by checking its path in the title bar.

2) Find the ship that you want and change the gun compatibility.

3) Save As...
By default, the Save As... dialog will point to the .cat file that holds the version of TShips that you are editing. It is OK to simply save and overwrite but, if you want to create a separate file, then click the button to "Switch to system dialog".

THEN navigate to your X3TC\addon\types folder and save the file as TShips.txt.
  • (If you have any .xsp ships installed, then you will also have to open and close the Plugin Manager before starting the game. If no .xsp's, then you can skip this step.)

4) Start the game and test your ship. For some kinds of edits you will need to create a new ship, but weapon compatibility and the Performance tab should work as soon as you load a saved game (or start a new game).

C) How to Increase Ship Maximum Speed
Ship speed works this way:

Max Speed = Base Speed + (Number of Speed extensions * 0.1 * Base Speed)

In other words, each speed extension adds 10 percent of the ship's base speed to the max speed.

You can change the number of allowed speed extensions on the Performance tab.

D) For More Information...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 2. Feb 15, 04:02

I installed some scripts with custom wares using the Plugin Manager (PM). How do I edit TWareT so that my changes "stick"?

The Plugin Manager (PM) merges your TWareT file with any custom scripts requiring EMP wares, then writes out TWareT.pck in your addon\types folder.

The .pck overrides all other TWareT files in your installation.

So proper usage with the PM is:

1) Close TWareT, X3Editor2, and the game.

2) Open the PM. (deletes TWareT.pck).

3) Open X3Editor (reads file structure, without TWareT.pck).

4) Open from VFS types\TWareT. (VFS will find the highest-precedent version of TWareT. You can check the path in the title bar.)

5) Edit and save your changes.

6) Close the PM (merges and writes TWareT.pck).

7) Start the game.

7a) Or, close and reopen X3Editor2 to re-read the file structure (which was changed by the PM). Now, if you Open TWareT from VFS, you will see the TWareT.pck that was generated by the PM, and it will contain the contents of your edits.)

• (The PM does similar tricks with other files if you use addon ships in .xsp format. Follow the same basic procedure to work with those files.)

Pylzy
x4

Post by Pylzy » Sun, 13. Nov 16, 08:32

Hello,

I just added main guns to my Kvasir using your guide but I found that one crucial element was missing: adding lasers to "Compatible guns" in TShips.txt. My list of compatible guns was empty of course. The game showed that Kvasir had indeed 8 main guns now but the "g menu" didn't show any available weapon slots for the main guns.

PS. Thanks for the guide! Now I can fly my oversized fighter :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”