[SCRIPT] Phanon Corporation for X3AP+XRM 1.20

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lakz

Post by Lakz » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 03:41

Kadatherion wrote:Was there something scheduled to happen at that moment (as far as you can tell)? One of the periodic asset reports, for instance?
Not that I know of. As a matter of fact, I never received any of those asset report messages since I installed the script.
Last edited by Lakz on Sat, 7. Dec 13, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 03:48

Lakz wrote:
Kadatherion wrote:Was there something scheduled to happen at that moment (as far as you can tell)? One of the periodic asset reports, for instance?
Not that I know of. As a matter of fact, I never received any of those asset report messages since I install the script.
Then something is really, really not right.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 04:03

Eeeyup, maybe we did get ahead of ourselves and the issue is more banally a faulty installation/conflict?

If Phanon was working correctly, you should have received a message such as this every 4 hours (this screen was taken with Litcube's original version, but it still is mostly the same here too).

Lakz

Post by Lakz » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 16:52

I had the morning to do a bit more testing. I still run in the same issue.

- I turned the plugin off and remove the script altogether.
- I re-downloaded PhanonCorpV1.21.zip and Phanon_XRM_1.2
- Installed the original script in the AP directory, pasted the XRM version over it.
- Went back in game, turned the plugin on.

I get the initial message, they set base in some empty sector and I get progression reports in the message log. Their assets attack mine, I attack theirs. All good thus far, but after a few hours, the tasks will suddenly start to pileup again and turning the plugin off will crash the game.

I'm clueless.

Bejla
x3ap

Post by Bejla » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 21:21

Hello

Got a little Problem.
I run AP, XRM and IR2 and some other little scripts.
Everything works fine so far, only the Phanon Corp have problems with the start Money.

The Phanon have always some millions on the negative side.
Vashire start with something like this.
Credit worth: -19.587.263
Liquid assets: 786.652.712

Sure, after some hours they earn some money, but that take realy long.
Now after severals hours they have the rank bankrupt.
1 TS and still -1.5 millions.

Is there a way to increase the credit worth of the Phanon corp so they could expand faster?

Any help would be nice.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 22:32

Regarding Phanon Corps negative assets. I can't say for certain but I suspect it has something to do with the increased cost of ship upgrades in XRM. Since I've not used the mod in a non-XRM game so I can't be certain, But having watched them for some time, I am convinced that the only issue this is causing is for them to slow down producing. For example in my game I would get a message like:

"Credit worth: 2M, Liquid assets: 204M, Next purchase a TS class freighter. 0 traders, 4 fighters"

Well in XRM a TS class freighter fully kitted might be 3M-8M depending on upgrades purchased, cargo expansion, jump drive, docking computer, etc, so it is no surprise when the next balance statement comes in and they are negative so it reads like "credit work: -1.5M, Liquid assets: 204M, 1 trader, 4 fighters" or something to that effect.

Regarding the negative assets I take it to mean that they "borrowed from the parent corp" or more accurately a limitation of the script not taking into account XRMs higher prices. From all appearances it is working correctly, but because of XRMs inflated prices they may not be keeping enough assets on hand to do any actual trading. Its hard to say.. A small change to the purchasing logic to require significantly more funds before making a purchase could correct the flaw.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 22:39

zanzal wrote:A small change to the purchasing logic to require significantly more funds before making a purchase could correct the flaw.

Not that this is my version, but what's then flaw exactly? Increasing the threshold for purchase won't increase their progression.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 23:22

I am not sure it is a flaw. I just think that the term "Credit Worth" needs a definition. It is not a term that I have run into in my work with American banks and financial institutions, and Google does not have a definition for it (other than as being related to a Credit Score, which does not seem to fit the context for Phanon).

So maybe it is a Canadian term, or a Litcube term or something. Care to enlighten us, Litcube? What do you mean by "Credit Worth"? How do you calculate it?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 23:42

DrBullwinkle wrote:Care to enlighten us, Litcube?

By *us*, do you mean you? It's the amount of ducks the corporation has. Mallards. Mallard ducks. The corporation's total amount of mallard ducks.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 01:08

Litcube wrote:
zanzal wrote:A small change to the purchasing logic to require significantly more funds before making a purchase could correct the flaw.
Not that this is my version, but what's then flaw exactly? Increasing the threshold for purchase won't increase their progression.
I made the following assumptions:

1. Credits worth = balance on hand for all AI transactions = similar to the players credits
2. Negative credits worth would imply that the AI could not conduct trading since it has no money to buy a good so that it could in turn sell it.
3. This should only be an issue if it actually has a trading fleet. Assuming it doesn't use its fighters for trading.
4. Since the AI gets periodic cash funding from Phanom it should be able to trade during some cycles, but if it is constantly overspending then in many cases it could be in 'waiting for a positive balance' mode.

All these were assumptions, I'm hesistant to look at the code since I actually want to play against Phanon and knowing about how it works may spoil surprises.

Given that the root cause of negative balance would appear to be expensive ship purchases or upgrades (2.5mil XRM jumpdrives and 800k docking computers is my guess), the best course of action might be to adjust the purchasing logic by subtracting 4-8 mil from the actual cash on hand for use in calculating when to make a purchase. This would ensure that Phanon traders could deal in high end items like weapons and missiles which also generate the largest profit per trade run. If any of my assumptions are wrong though this may not be a good change to make.

I wouldn't know what script to modify to try and implement a cash buffer. Though I could do it, but it'd take me many hours just to find it.. no telling what i'd mess up in the process of *fixing* it ;)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 01:48

Litcube wrote:By *us*, do you mean you?
Yes. Me (and anyone else who might be confused).

Thanks for clearing it up. I would call that "Cash on Hand" which is a term I encounter often.

But I am still a bit confused, because I seem to recall the "Credit Worth" number being negative. Frequently. By a lot. And not in XRM.

So I expected you to say that "Credit Worth" was some combination of Cash on Hand and the balance owed to the bank. Like "Net Worth" - "Liquid Assets", or "Cash on Hand" - "Principal Owed to Bank" or some such thing.

Still puzzled...

B

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 18:58

The negative cashflow is why I implemented the hourly trade rank to show that Phanon was operating normally.
The financial report for Phanon Corp now displays hour-based trade rank.
In the event the trade rank is bankrupt, Phanon Corp is not successfully trading.
If it doesn't say bankrupt then it is fine regardless of negatives. It may not be operating perfectly however.

It's possible XRM's pricing has changed and the script is out of date; I haven't booted up X3 in almost a year now. I'm not sure I'm up to the task of updating it right now..

Lakz

Post by Lakz » Fri, 20. Dec 13, 21:22

Lakz wrote:After a few hours, the tasks will suddenly start to pileup again and turning the plugin off will crash the game.
I started a new game, problem solved. The script now works perfectly well. Something was probably conflicting with my old savegame.

As for the initial negative balance, I see this too. But they seem to be doing well nonetheless. The third generation made good progress and even built a station within the first 8 hours. The balance is in the green too.

Fantastic script.

dizzysoul

Post by dizzysoul » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 07:24

Is it possible to have more than one competing corporation active at a time? I'd love to play a Civilization-esque game where there's several opponents (maybe with different personalities) competing against me and each other. It would make the universe seem much more alive and challenging!

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Sat, 11. Jan 14, 18:56

Is this compatible with the latest XRM version?
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] Phanon Corporation for X3AP+XRM 1.20

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 17:34

Hi Teleth,

Thanks for your work on this for us.

Just to let you know, the link in the quote below from the 1st page is now broken.

I think you need this link:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3290168
Teleth wrote: The original Phanon Corporation thread is located here if you wish to know more about it.

markmid
x2

Post by markmid » Mon, 12. May 14, 17:55

dizzysoul wrote:Is it possible to have more than one competing corporation active at a time? I'd love to play a Civilization-esque game where there's several opponents (maybe with different personalities) competing against me and each other. It would make the universe seem much more alive and challenging!
I was working on this ten years ago :) we got someways into it, by alternating the races to opposing ones when conflict occurred so you could in theory run as many races as your performance could handle.

One snag that I remember happened was when 3 way battles needed to start.

Looking at it again i'd probably make small companies that are allied with a major faction but have their own mini faction battles going on, so they can fight each other but don't take part in the larger map fights very often. These companies could only possibly ever be at war with one other company at once. Even easier would just be to say that we can do two more companies and that's it. (Using the unknown race).

NightxxxLord

Re: [SCRIPT] Phanon Corporation for X3AP+XRM 1.20

Post by NightxxxLord » Tue, 16. Nov 21, 17:34

Hi. This script compatible to XRM 1.3b (Last version)?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”