[SCR] Safe undocking / jumping (v1.00, 08.04.12)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Hammerit
x3tc

Post by Hammerit » Mon, 21. May 12, 16:26

Thanks for taking the time to fix issues Egosoft clearly never really bothered to address :).

Almost as infuriating as exploding while undocking manually is the fact that certain hired TLs sometimes go boom while undocking from certain stations (they actually headbutt the station :wall:).

Sure fire reproduction at least in my game (vanilla - latest version):
1. Hire the Orca in sector "Queen´s Retribution"
2. Command it to dock with the Shipyard
3. Wait till it's docked
4. Command it to fly to sector "Queen´s Harbour" (making it turn 180°)
-> Boom

Might be that the Boron are direct descendants from japanese bomber pilots, but it's not very nice of the game to have the player loose a few millions worth of stations in the cargohold of a TL that for no reason whatsoever steers right into a frickin Shipyard.

When this happened the first time I wondered where the Orca had gone as it never showed in "Queen´s Harbour". So I backtracked to the Shipyard only to find some loot floating below it. It was fully loaded with all the stations I wanted to plant in the neighboring sectors :(.

Would be cool if you could fix that too :).
Reading this point earned you +10 notoriety.

dracotonisamond
x4

Post by dracotonisamond » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 08:53

not sure if its a conflict between another script but after i installed this hoping it would fix my PHQ's hatred for my aran when ever i undock from my PHQ( not sure if it happens with other stations) my ships are set to full throttle and tunnel through what ever is in front of them.

is this intentional, bug, or conflict?

Edit: ive added a return null in the script, but my ship still goes wizzing forward when i undock...

can be quite harrowing trying to maneuver my kestral scout ship away from a ship docked right in front of me at the last second...

is there any way to cleanly uninstall this script without hanging it?

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 18:39

That's normal behaviour for the script dracotonisamond, collisions are turned off for 10 secs. For most ships this is enough to get them clear of the station superstructure however with the Aran being so slow and also a huge ship, 10 secs might not be enough.
Still life in the old dog yet...

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sun, 26. Aug 12, 03:20

I had to remove this script for various reasons, or rather I want to, but when I do the game hangs whenever I try to undock from stations. Freezes. If I remove it while I am in space game freezes next time I go through a gate.

Is there any way we could have an uninstall script as well? :wink:

EDIT: Seemed all I needed to do was this:

Code: Select all

global secondary signal map: remove signal={SIGNAL_CHANGESECTOR} race={Player} class={Moveable Ship} name='safe.undock'
return null
It works again now, I can play, but was that enough as removal goes?

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Wed, 26. Dec 12, 16:38

dracotonisamond wrote: is there any way to cleanly uninstall this script without hanging it?
Same question...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 26. Dec 12, 18:05

Ferenczy66 wrote:
dracotonisamond wrote: is there any way to cleanly uninstall this script without hanging it?
Add "return null" to the top of subroutine Undocking.Watcher.Script:. Around line 32 of setup.gz.safe.undocking.

Or you could write an uninstall script that removes the global secondary signal map.

Zalioth
x4

Post by Zalioth » Sun, 10. Feb 13, 23:11

I can't uninstall this script. How can I get rid of it?
Where do I have to put that code that you've been talking about?
Thanks a lot.

Nevermind, sometimes I really need to read...
DrBullwinkle wrote:
Ferenczy66 wrote:
Add "return null" to the top of subroutine Undocking.Watcher.Script:. Around line 32 of setup.gz.safe.undocking.

Or you could write an uninstall script that removes the global secondary signal map.

Zalioth
x4

Post by Zalioth » Sun, 10. Feb 13, 23:51

That didn't do the trick. Can anyone provide a clean uninstall script, or explain me how to do it?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 10. Feb 13, 23:56

Zalioth wrote:That didn't do the trick.
What did not work for you?

You don't delete the file after adding the Return null.

Or you could use the script that xiriod posted a few messages back.

Of course, use the in-game Script Editor to make your changes.

Zalioth
x4

Post by Zalioth » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 00:57

Ah damn, I was directly editing the xml file. So Thereshallbewings, then autopilot, then press S, then search for the script and edit it there. Did I get it right?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 01:13

If "autopilot" means "Shift-C while in space", then yes. Shift-c, s.

Zalioth
x4

Post by Zalioth » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 01:17

DrBullwinkle wrote:If "autopilot" means "Shift-C while in space", then yes. Shift-c, s.
Yes, sorry. That's what I meant ^^.
Actually the Scrip Editor opens while stationed too...

Anyway, I will test it and let you know.

Sorry for all these seemingly stupid questions, I have never modded X3 and I am not familiar with the proceedings. Thanks a lot for your help, it's much appreciated.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 01:24

It is always a pleasure to help people who make an effort (as you have). :)

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Wed, 20. Feb 13, 19:30

Hi there. Thx for the script. Its realy great solution for undock my Hyperion.

I would like to ask you if is flying trought enemy exactly how this script supposed to work or I have some problem here. Actualy looks that I can fly trought every objects in game. (I didnt tryed all of them ofc hehe)

Thx

Edit: After reload game OK.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 16:43

That you fly through objects (like your carrier's too-small launch bay doors) is the whole point.

The script basically has to make a judgement call on when to re-enable collisions. With lots of objects in the vicinity, the only accurate way of doing so would be to enable collisions and see if you blow up. So it's a bit more careful. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

kaylo7
x3tc

Post by kaylo7 » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 17:19

Sorry to resurrect this, but I was hoping someone could give a brief explanation of how you edit the script to stop it. I decided to uninstall as the acceleration + sliding in random directions kept getting me kill by running into the stations I was undocking from. Like others I ran into the crash issue while jumping/undocking after removing the script.

I see the posts above mine about adding a line to the script to disable it, but I don't see how to add "return null" in-game via the script manager. Insert adds a line, in which I presume to add "return null", but clicking on the blank line I created opens up a ton of potential script lists, and I have no idea which one to choose that actually has "return null" as an option. Can anyone help me out? 10 minutes or so of random clicking through the options netted zip.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: [SCR] Safe undocking / jumping (v1.00, 08.04.12)

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 18:56

Gazz wrote:What this script does:

If the playership manually undocks from anything or enters a new sector by any means, it's collision detection is disabled .

Collisions are reenabled if any of these conditions is true:
In other words: Keep your hands off of the controls and there will be no "crash issue".

Try it... you will see that this script works great.

kaylo7
x3tc

Post by kaylo7 » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 04:20

Yes and no - there is a what, 10 second timer? If I'm in something slow, especially if I don't have boost extension installed, then undocking from a military outpost or trading station may cause the script to launch me sideways into the structure, and no amount of strafing can get me out in time - even if I don't turn or enable autopilot.
So I still blow up.

Edit: Really I'd like the mod if it just didn't add random trajectories when undocking. The whole shooting sideways about 5 km the moment you undock is both disorienting and dangerous.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: [SCR] Safe undocking / jumping (v1.00, 08.04.12)

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 05:18

DrBullwinkle wrote:Keep your hands off of the controls and there will be no "crash issue".

Try it.

kaylo7
x3tc

Post by kaylo7 » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 08:45

Damn you and your quotes! Well, I reread the OP, which states
60 seconds expire
so I assume I should have plenty of time. I don't though - 10 seconds or so, like I'd stated. I'm not sure if there is another script interfering with collision (maybe bounce?) but I'm still blowing up. So a way to uninstall safely would be nice.

Oh and on a side note, just fyi, your edited repackaged Mars script you linked on that forum that excludes the repair goblins fake patch didn't work for me for some reason. It's the same size as the standard repackaged version less the fake patch, but only the normal version with the repair goblins fake patch worked for me. I was using it for XTM on my XTC install. To clarify:

mars-tc-ap_v5.26_RepackedForPluginManager_for.major.mods - Didn't work.

mars-tc-ap_v5.26_RepackedForPluginManager__Vanilla_TC_AP3.0 - Did work. After I removed the fake patch that is.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”