[MOD][AP] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v1.4 - Sa-15-Jun-2013]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 11:48

I hope I'm not necroing here, but I wonder if there's any news on AWRM? I like the idea of including an alternative to EES - would it be compatible with Cadius' Ship Pack?

Regarding the space shotgun - it sounds interesting but I'd be worried about freindly fire and possible performance issues.

Jingai

Post by Jingai » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 03:47

About the JCRA HQ, how do I start the Alpha and Beta projects? When I contact the salesmen at the JCRA HQ, there are only three available options; Where is shipyard, equipment dock and surrender. And what about JCRA's inventory, does it ever restock?

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 04:51

The author of this mod is a fairly regular poster over on the Rebirth forums. I'd PM him as I'm not sure I've seen him post in the X3 section lately.

Spider0804

Post by Spider0804 » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 04:29

Where do I buy the weapons? The spoiler is broke.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 13:58

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have not been checking this thread for a while, been busy with other stuff.

To answer some of the questions raised while I have been away from this thread:-
  1. Alpha/Beta projects should be available after construction of either the Commonwealth or the Terran (Vanilla) PHQs.
  2. Weapons are only formally available from specific stations - Normally this will be either Spirit Industries HQ in The Moon OR JCRA HQ in Grand Exchange.
  3. WRT Further development - if there are pressing issues then I will address them as patches but additional work is currently on hold and is likely to remain so for the foreseeable future (may change depending on available time but unlikely to).
I will try to keep tabs on this thread but please PM me if anything urgent crops up.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Barricade Prime
x4

Post by Barricade Prime » Sat, 13. Sep 14, 10:28

the beam lasers cant fire and the new missils are buggy they loocks like containers... anyone can help me? :/

use X3 AP version 3.1

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 13. Sep 14, 17:50

Just a guess, but do you have by any chance any other mod installed that adds new weapons (missiles and lasers)?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Barricade Prime
x4

Post by Barricade Prime » Sun, 14. Sep 14, 12:43

no ._.

Sk_2013
x3tc

Post by Sk_2013 » Thu, 25. Sep 14, 04:40

I'm having the same issue.

I can't think of anything that should be causing issues with the lasers, but here goes.

Mod list:
Cheat Collection
DAD Drones
Lucikes Script Collection
Mars-AP
TRP- Project Bitfrost
Community Plugin Manager
Hotkey Manager
Ware Manager
ADS- Real wings ediiton
Anarkis Libraries
AWRM_AP
Extended communications system
Menagerie Shipyard
Drone Carrier v2

RRF and LV libraries are installed but not activated. I'm running the TC plots to AP mod, which seems to have disabled RRF, so I'm using that in passive defense mode to counter.

I also have Cadius Xtra Shippack installed, and a cobbled together version of the Xtra Jobs script.

Anything here similar?

EDIT:

As I said, I shouldn't have anything here that is messing with the TLasers, and in my experience bugs like this are kind of odd (normally a bug in the types files causes either a crash or otherwise obvious problem when in game. For example, TShips errors will often cause ships with no hull or scene.)

EDIT: I've also noticed that firing the atomic nuclei cannon seems to crash the game. Need confirmation.
Peace through superior firepower.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 17:29

The most common cause of problems is using the mod manager to install the mod, in short don't because it does not install the mod properly.

This mod MUST be manually installed as per the instructions in the OP. That is assuming the mod manager has not been updated to handle loose model/texture files properly for X3:AP that is.
Installation Instructions
WARNING: The AP version of this mod is not suitable for installation using the Plug-in Manager. It is recommended that this mod be installed manually to a copy of the the game directory.
  1. Download the desired ZIP file(s)
  2. Ensure that you have the AWRM_AP.zip distribution as opposed to the AWRM.zip distribution (the later is for TC).
  3. Extract the ZIP file(s) to a single (temporary) directory independent of the game
  4. Locate the main game directory of the copy of Albion Prelude you wish to mod
  5. Copy the extracted files/directories as-is to the main game directory (i.e. when the executable sits).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

ShadowOfNone

Post by ShadowOfNone » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 06:57

This might be thread necromancy, but is this compatible with CMOD? I know the Terran Conflict version is, but is this one as well?

ShadowOfNone

Post by ShadowOfNone » Thu, 16. Jul 15, 22:27

ShadowOfNone wrote:This might be thread necromancy, but is this compatible with CMOD? I know the Terran Conflict version is, but is this one as well?
Did some testing, it seems that it's not compatible. This sucks because I can't live without CMOD but I can't live without AWRM either. If it's not too much trouble, could you make a patch? I'm sure tons of people would appreciate it.

yuany

Crash

Post by yuany » Tue, 13. Dec 16, 07:17

After installing your mod, my game would crashing randomly while getting the error Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000000000000c
Do you know why that happens? I have installed everything correctly, I also run improved races and MARs mod.
Thanks!

Letzt
xr

Some weapons

Post by Letzt » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 18:22

The Advanced laser you give all the xenon fighters is just too strong as a fighter weapon, has 4 km range its really strong and really accurate and it doesn't seem to deplete fast, not that you can survive that long to find out...
and although everyone and their cats wanted more Terran weapons that version of the weapon just doesn't have weaknesses and for an M3 there is just no reason to use anything else.

It was the first reason I uninstalled this mod previously but this is a good mod most of the weapons are solid, hopefully it will be easier to mod things and make them compatible with other mods/scripts in the new X4 so we can have awesome stuff like this.

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Fri, 7. Sep 18, 16:58

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”