[SCR] [X3:TC/AP] [v1.8.9.8] [11/16/2019] MK3 Improvement Reloaded

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 22:09

If you installed it in the correct directory (/terran conflict for TC; /addon for AP) and it is running the UT command, it should be working.

Other than that, it's relatively seamless compared to vanilla UTs (so not really obvious) and I thought vanilla UTs will upgrade anyway.

If you transferred the UT pilot from a different ship after they have leveled up a bit, maybe they don't retrospectively upgrade. If not, no idea.

Basically, if they are working as a UT and not flying through hostile space, the scripts are probably working. Vanilla UTs are pretty dumb.

Masterik

Post by Masterik » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 01:57

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:If you installed it in the correct directory (/terran conflict for TC; /addon for AP) and it is running the UT command, it should be working.

Other than that, it's relatively seamless compared to vanilla UTs (so not really obvious) and I thought vanilla UTs will upgrade anyway.

If you transferred the UT pilot from a different ship after they have leveled up a bit, maybe they don't retrospectively upgrade. If not, no idea.

Basically, if they are working as a UT and not flying through hostile space, the scripts are probably working. Vanilla UTs are pretty dumb.
I know its working now, all my UTs ships upgraded their shield, i guess i just had to wait.

Grammarye
x3tc

Post by Grammarye » Fri, 28. Nov 14, 20:39

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but if one has both AP & the bonus package, what's the right way to get these scripts to work, given that this is essentially an upgrade for an existing script?

As far as I can see, the provided files from the OP contain XML files. These share names with installed PCK files from the bonus (plugin.autotrade.* for example). I checked with the Script Editor and the new comment * Gnasirator, 05.03.2012 is not showing up.

As I understand it, PCK wins, so is it safe to delete the PCK files in favour of the XML, and if so, which ones (as there's not a precise 1-to-1 match)? All the plugin.autotrade entries?

Thanks for any pointers.
Looking at 3D graphics is fun. Programming 3D graphics is ok. Testing 3D graphics is frustration defined.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 00:30

It is safe to delete all plugin.autotrade.*.pck files and use the .xml ones instead.

In fact, the self-extracting .exe installer does exactly that.
Or, you can overwrite the .pck files with the ones from the archive. Then you'll have some unused, old .pck scripts left in your folder but the script should run flawlessly anyway.

The choice is up to you. But you have to install the improved MK3 on top of the rest (vanilla, bonus pack, mods, etc).

Grammarye
x3tc

Post by Grammarye » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 10:53

gnasirator wrote:It is safe to delete all plugin.autotrade.*.pck files and use the .xml ones instead.

In fact, the self-extracting .exe installer does exactly that.
Thanks very much for the swift response! Serves me right for trying to figure it all out instead of just blindly clicking on the EXE ;)
Looking at 3D graphics is fun. Programming 3D graphics is ok. Testing 3D graphics is frustration defined.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 15:07

Jeah, I know there's lots of mistrust in unknown .exe files and that is absolutely okay.
That's why I also put the .pck files into the archive.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 16:13

Hi

I have an idea for an optimisation often times I’ll user me UT Mistrals Super Freighters as salvage ships when I see cargo floating about in space or after I hijack a pirate/dukes cargo ship

one thing that always bugged me was that when I set the traders to go trading again after recovering cargo the trader goes straight to buying wares instead of looking at what it has in the cargo bay and selling that first

so how about adding a check so that your ST/UT will look at the cargo that is already in the ships hold and attempt to sell it before buying more wares if it can't find anywhere to sell it then it will simply resume it's normal operation and hold it in the cargo hold until it can find somewhere to sell it

if the hold is full blocking further operation it will request help by notifying the player there is a problem much the same way it does now when the ship gets attacked.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Thu, 22. Jan 15, 17:35

That would be real nice. All of the various trader scripts out there have always had that problem, including if you interrupt a trader before they have sold a current load in the hold.

For the loot collection, I usually end up buying a smaller, fast ship that can jump in to clear a sector and then jump back to an Equipment Dock to sell it off. It ends up being a bit more efficient than interruptting one of my traders.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 22. Jan 15, 18:07

@Cursed Ghost, solarahawk: Mk3 Improvement already has a "rest wares" routine built in, which will sell off junk wares over time. I don't know the specifics of how the trades are prioritized, but I have tried it in my own game and it seems to work most of the time.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 23:58

correct. but it must be worth the trip (fuel), so rather gather enough junk first and then start the trader. with enough experience, it'll sell the stuff.

Pylzy
x4

Post by Pylzy » Sat, 31. Jan 15, 10:33

Is it possible to install this mod to an existing game? If so are there any special steps that need to be taken :?

I would assume that I need to at least stop the existing MK3 traders and restart them after installing the mod.

Extra note: I'm using XRM & Mars if it matters

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 31. Jan 15, 10:38

This is not a mod, but a script (or package of scripts). All scripts can be run in an existing game. Just follow the installation instructions posted in the first post of this topic and you should be fine. Restarting your current Mk3 traders shouldn't be necessary, as the existing mk3 scripts are replaced.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Pylzy
x4

Post by Pylzy » Sat, 31. Jan 15, 13:53

X2-Illuminatus wrote:This is not a mod, but a script (or package of scripts). All scripts can be run in an existing game. Just follow the installation instructions posted in the first post of this topic and you should be fine. Restarting your current Mk3 traders shouldn't be necessary, as the existing mk3 scripts are replaced.
Thanks for a quick reply!

I got the SCRIPT :) installed and it's working ok. The main reason I started looking for this fix was that my traders didn't automatically buy drones and jumpdrives (energy cells they did buy normally).

Immediately after starting the UTs again they bought new drones and went on their merry way!

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Fri, 6. Feb 15, 16:01

Glad to see a happy customer :)

RayF

Post by RayF » Sun, 22. Feb 15, 21:37

is there a way to see what they traded? like a log /history?

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Mon, 23. Feb 15, 00:44

yes there is:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243204

Hope this helps.

Greetzzz
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

RayF

Post by RayF » Mon, 23. Feb 15, 10:02

Informer wrote:yes there is:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243204

Hope this helps.

Greetzzz
it does:) :!:

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 21:07

How are "OK traders" freighters compared to "MK3 Improvement Reloaded" freighters as universe traders? Where are strengths and weaknesses on both scripts?

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 08:53

Though I never tried OK traders, I can still tell that improved MK3 are focussed on "fire and forget" and to behave as similar as the vanilla MK3 traders as possible.

So if you're looking for a way to tweak every last bit, this might not be for you.
But I'd suggest to just try and compare yourself ...

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 09:44

Thanks, OK traders also have the fire-and-forget philosophy - so I will check both of them. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”