[SCR] [X3:TC/AP] [v1.8.9.8] [11/16/2019] MK3 Improvement Reloaded

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 14:09

Barleyman wrote:I thought [Signal_Targeted] is for giving heads up in advance when red ships pick yours as a target and start closing in. "target" apparently means when the target computer starts tracking selected ship just out of range.

Both sentences mean the same thing. Yes, that is what Signal_Targeted does. The standalone script also automatically initiates an emergency jump.

Both Mk3 Improvement and OK Traders implement a variation of Signal_Targeted. So you do not need the standalone script with them. Those are the only two scripts that I am aware of that implement some variant of Signal_Targeted. Yes, the standalone script is appropriate for CAG, CLS, and other traders.

I will let gnasirator answer the question about sector traders. However, you should be training sector traders in safe sectors anyway, so there should be no need for them to do emergency jumps.

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 15:16

DrBullwinkle wrote:I will let gnasirator answer the question about sector traders. However, you should be training sector traders in safe sectors anyway, so there should be no need for them to do emergency jumps.
Safe sectors do not exist in XRM :wink:

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 16:18

Hello again Barleyman :)

XRM is definitely a dangerous universe, but there are lots of places I'd consider relatively "safe" for training of future UT's.

Some good examples I've found so far are...

Empire's Edge
Profit Share
Venus
Shore of Infinity
Queen's Space
Preacher's Void

... in roughly that order in "training speed." The key as always is to look for sectors with many stations that depend on each other (the smaller the better, for quicker profit generation and levelling). Very often this means a sector with lots of Energy Cell production -- but that is not always the case.

Yes there are some attacks, but with this script your traders are smart enough to get away, especially if they have a well shielded and relatively quick ship. I (again) recommend the Truelight Seeker for this purpose in spite of its upfront expense. It will make that amount back many times over. Good luck!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 17:49

Yeah, this bugfix and the blacklist has done a good job of protecting my Universe Traders in XRM with the medium hull pack (not the reason I picked it but in retrospect, it probably helps traders that take some damage to survive).

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Sat, 1. Mar 14, 21:37

Oops. It looks like the improved mk3 script was not functioning at all. I found out quickly after disabling the signal targeted. I think I misunderstood the instructions..

Well, now after the self-extracting file doing it's job, it's all working. Certainly does explain some things I observed like disappointing performance, occasional craziness or just the inability to get rid of pre-existing cargo.

I predict my UT profits will go through the roof now :roll:

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 20:53

Have fun watching :)

And yes, improved mk3 traders do emergency jump from lvl 1, if they have enough ecells and a jump drive.

Alvarohur

Post by Alvarohur » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 01:57

Hi, I have installed this, and my ships trade very good now, but I have a problem. The level of the ships dont upgrade, I have 5 ships trading and the level is the same since an hour. Do you know whats happening?
Thank you!

gal@cticfear
x3tc

Post by gal@cticfear » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 02:38

Alvarohur wrote:Hi, I have installed this, and my ships trade very good now, but I have a problem. The level of the ships dont upgrade, I have 5 ships trading and the level is the same since an hour. Do you know whats happening?
Thank you!
They reached their max level, 25? or did you leave them as sector traders rather than command them to become universe traders?

Alvarohur

Post by Alvarohur » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 02:53

gal@cticfear wrote:
They reached their max level, 25? or did you leave them as sector traders rather than command them to become universe traders?
Thanks for reply.
All of my ships are level 10+ and with the command universe traders, so they should upgrade but they dont

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 08:07

What other scripts/mods are you using? Perhaps there is a clash.

Personally, I never had this problem when I used this script alongside XRM and a selection of other stuff.

As mentioned, have you manually changed them from Sector Traders to Universe Traders? Do they have all the required equipment?

Maybe you have just been unlucky if they are setup correctly and they will level soon.

Alvarohur

Post by Alvarohur » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 13:53

I am using only that script, and i did all you said. I will try to reinstall the game
Thanks for all

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 00:40

it may take a while for them to level up as it depends on their earned money.
I'd recommend Scrat's Trade Overview to get a quick impression of your traders' success.

Masterik

Post by Masterik » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 02:30

i have a lvl 17 universal trade and he dont upgrade his shield, in fact, he is flying without shields, there are also other ships with just 1000 shield, is this normal?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 09:12

Sound's a bit odd. If they had sheilds at the start, maybe they got sold somehow by mistake. If they didn't, perhaps chosing whether to upgrade is chance-based.

Either way, I'd just manually upgrade the shields and restart the UT command and see how it goes.

Masterik

Post by Masterik » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 21:24

I got the ship without shields from a npc, either way how i know if the script is working?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 22:09

If you installed it in the correct directory (/terran conflict for TC; /addon for AP) and it is running the UT command, it should be working.

Other than that, it's relatively seamless compared to vanilla UTs (so not really obvious) and I thought vanilla UTs will upgrade anyway.

If you transferred the UT pilot from a different ship after they have leveled up a bit, maybe they don't retrospectively upgrade. If not, no idea.

Basically, if they are working as a UT and not flying through hostile space, the scripts are probably working. Vanilla UTs are pretty dumb.

Masterik

Post by Masterik » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 01:57

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:If you installed it in the correct directory (/terran conflict for TC; /addon for AP) and it is running the UT command, it should be working.

Other than that, it's relatively seamless compared to vanilla UTs (so not really obvious) and I thought vanilla UTs will upgrade anyway.

If you transferred the UT pilot from a different ship after they have leveled up a bit, maybe they don't retrospectively upgrade. If not, no idea.

Basically, if they are working as a UT and not flying through hostile space, the scripts are probably working. Vanilla UTs are pretty dumb.
I know its working now, all my UTs ships upgraded their shield, i guess i just had to wait.

Grammarye
x3tc

Post by Grammarye » Fri, 28. Nov 14, 20:39

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but if one has both AP & the bonus package, what's the right way to get these scripts to work, given that this is essentially an upgrade for an existing script?

As far as I can see, the provided files from the OP contain XML files. These share names with installed PCK files from the bonus (plugin.autotrade.* for example). I checked with the Script Editor and the new comment * Gnasirator, 05.03.2012 is not showing up.

As I understand it, PCK wins, so is it safe to delete the PCK files in favour of the XML, and if so, which ones (as there's not a precise 1-to-1 match)? All the plugin.autotrade entries?

Thanks for any pointers.
Looking at 3D graphics is fun. Programming 3D graphics is ok. Testing 3D graphics is frustration defined.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 00:30

It is safe to delete all plugin.autotrade.*.pck files and use the .xml ones instead.

In fact, the self-extracting .exe installer does exactly that.
Or, you can overwrite the .pck files with the ones from the archive. Then you'll have some unused, old .pck scripts left in your folder but the script should run flawlessly anyway.

The choice is up to you. But you have to install the improved MK3 on top of the rest (vanilla, bonus pack, mods, etc).

Grammarye
x3tc

Post by Grammarye » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 10:53

gnasirator wrote:It is safe to delete all plugin.autotrade.*.pck files and use the .xml ones instead.

In fact, the self-extracting .exe installer does exactly that.
Thanks very much for the swift response! Serves me right for trying to figure it all out instead of just blindly clicking on the EXE ;)
Looking at 3D graphics is fun. Programming 3D graphics is ok. Testing 3D graphics is frustration defined.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”