[SCR] [X3:TC/AP] [v1.8.9.8] [11/16/2019] MK3 Improvement Reloaded

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 26. Jul 13, 19:27

kaylo7 wrote:Wasn't working. Like I said, I still blow up after about 10 seconds regardless of whether I do anything or not (though remember strafing wasn't a direction change and doesn't enable collision, which was the only movement I was attempting).
A) You did not actually say that.

2) Strafing is not "keeping your hands off of the controls".

C) Neither are relevant to uninstalling the script, which I also told you how to do.

kaylo7
x3tc

Post by kaylo7 » Fri, 26. Jul 13, 21:05

As far as A):
Yes and no - there is a what, 10 second timer? If I'm in something slow, especially if I don't have boost extension installed, then undocking from a military outpost or trading station may cause the script to launch me sideways into the structure, and no amount of strafing can get me out in time - even if I don't turn or enable autopilot.
So I still blow up.
Iterating that regardless of whether I allow the script to do it's thing and don't move the controls, I blow up.

Next quote:
I reread the OP, which states
60 seconds expire
so I assume I should have plenty of time. I don't though - 10 seconds or so, like I'd stated. I'm not sure if there is another script interfering with collision (maybe bounce?) but I'm still blowing up. So a way to uninstall safely would be nice.
Reiterates that I blow up in about 10 seconds.

As far as B):
Strafing is explicitly stated as allowed in the mod as it's not a direction change and doesn't re-enable collision.
Strafe (that is not a course change) or accelerate away.
As per previous reply in this post I attempted with and without strafing.

As far as C):
Your replies in order -
First:

In other words: Keep your hands off of the controls and there will be no "crash issue".

Try it... you will see that this script works great.
Second was a quote of the first:
Keep your hands off of the controls and there will be no "crash issue".

Try it.
Third:
Interesting about MARS. I will take a second look at the packages.
So I didn't see what you're referring to.

Regardless, it's a moot point now anyway considering the save is a bust.

Edit: And just to clarify my post was meant in good fun, though I'd assume the "sulking" portion made that obvious; however, if I've managed to irritate you somehow I'd of coarse dutifully assume the role of annoying neighbor that comes over and uses all your tools without giving them back. I'll continue to beam my marines over to frigates, send my drone carriers on patrols and scan TL's for stations. When you ask for them back I'll just say I'm getting around to it and offer you a case of beer instead, all while never intending to follow through.

And on a final note:
[ external image ]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 26. Jul 13, 22:54

I cannot help it if you cannot read, kaylo. Not only did I tell you how to uninstall the script, but Gazz also tells you on the first page.

* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DrBullwinkle wrote:
Gazz wrote:The easiest way [to uninstall] would be to edit the script and copy / paste a "return null" to the first line of the script.
* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now please stop filling up gnasirator's thread with nonsense. It is impolite.

kaylo7
x3tc

Post by kaylo7 » Fri, 26. Jul 13, 23:06

True enough. I'll move the reply over to the appropriate thread. No offense intended gnasirator.

Edit:

I was running the MK3 Imp script in TC with XTC installed and everything seems to be working fine except for the cargo bay blacklist manager. Adding any wares to the list doesn't seem to work as once I enter in the quantity of the ware I want to blacklist and hit enter, I return to the "add, remove, etc." window without any wares actually being added. I tried multiple types of wares and the list stays empty. Saving, loading or applying to all traders doesn't work either, as I'm saving/loading an empty list.
Are there compatibility issues with XTC that anyone is aware of? It's listed as compatible in the XTC 2.0 - Script Combatibility List - Reports from players post and I haven't found any other reports of issues.

plumon
x4

is permanent "standby" is normal ?

Post by plumon » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 21:29

hi .
first want to say :the idea of the script is grate !

now for the bugger.
i play X3AP
i recently installed the script using "x-universe Game launcher" jest imported the rar file.
in the game i see that the traders are using the script BUT all they do is scan the sectors and stay in standby . is it normal ?

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 23:40

Kaylo7: I'm sorry to read that. I myself develop using a vanilla X3AP game and also an XRM installation. So I can confirm, that those two are working.
The compatability with XTC is what has been reported to me by other players. I can't guarantee to you that it works.
But until now, I never had any complaints to be honest.

So, unfortunately, I can only ask you to make sure, your installation is correct and all files are where they need to be.

@plumon:
If you first set up a new trader, they start at experience level 1 and can only do in-sector trading. maybe that's the problem: their current sector offers no trading possibilites?

Just try a different sector for a start.

Mystic5hadow
x4

Post by Mystic5hadow » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 10:40

kaylo7 wrote:Well my problem was fixed for me by an unusable save. For some reason my game kept crashing in Weaver's Tempest while I was capping something, and I'd updated all three of the save slots I use for each stage of capping (I'm a pansy that way.)
So while I still have the saves (haven't restarted - switched to TC for now) the game always crashes after a set duration on each save (same in-game time for each save, likely from a periodic update of some kind that was corrupted or overburdened like my trade overview mile-long lists or something.)
So I'll likely never know, and it'll be a while before I try and wade into a restart, which are always intimidating after losing your whole trading empire.
Grr. And Augh.

On a happier side note, at least now I don't have to sulk about you not telling me how to uninstall the undocking script from my saves DrB. =)
Or scowl. Yea, scowl. More manly than sulking. Which I wasn't doing obviously.
I'm having the exact same problem and the only fix has been to remove this mod, which I really don't want to do :(

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 12:14

@Mystic5hadow

MK3 Improvement reloaded is not a mod. It's a script pack. I have used it with 3 Mods and never had any problems. I can confirm it works with XRM, XTC and DDTC. Also vanilla TC and AP.

I have it running with every game I play, as a precaution I always install it as the last set of scripts and T files to make sure it's not overwritten by any other scripts.

When using it with vanilla AP I always create a separate install and use the no steam exe to stop steam adjusting the file cache. Then again I use that method for all modded AP games.

Vayde
Still life in the old dog yet...

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 14:06

mystic so you say that you have a save where after a set ingame duration the game freezes?

If so, would you please upload the save somehwere? I will check it out then.
Did you try stopping all traders? Would that fx it? As uninstalling fixes it, maybe some ship is going into an infinite loop somehwere.

I have to say I've become curious about this :)

btw: good hint, vayde. Maybe steam really is messing with the files and causing problems here ...

Mystic5hadow
x4

Post by Mystic5hadow » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 06:03

So, I was just going to try the nosteam.exe and post up a save game with the issue, but I decided to double check and make sure my newest save was the one with the issue, and it was, though.. It seems to not be anymore.
I uninstalled the script last time I posted here and stopped playing X3 for a bit and now magically, with the script back on, it seems to be working. All my traders sent me messages saying they needed help, with "unhandled exception number 72755143 (or some other number)", so I set them all up as UT's again and all seems to be well so far. I don't understand what happened or what changed since then and now.

I can still post up a savegame if you'd like. I might check an earlier save and see if the issue pops up again just so I can at least give you something confirmed to have the problem that you can check out.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 17:42

with "unhandled exception number 72755143 (or some other number)"
This smells like a corrupt installation maybe caused by steam ...

Maybe I should post a hint on page #1 to use the nosteam .exe.

OR follow a very early suggestion of BullWinkle and change the script name to Galaxy Explorer and rename all the script files so they won't conflict anymore.
But then people will have two Autotraders ingame and I'd have to manage the coexistence .... naaah :roll:

shabitz
x4

Post by shabitz » Tue, 27. Aug 13, 16:02

After reading back a few pages I think I know what I need to do, install with the .exe. I didn't know it removed unneeded files from vanilla bonus.

I'm going to try that tonight when I get home but this is what I'm experiencing. I manually copied the files from scripts and t folders into the game directory for X3TC. I already had the bonus pack and many other scripts and mods installed. After installing this my UTs and now my CAGs no longer auto repair. I'm wondering if maybe there's some sort of file conflict which caused the auto repair function to stop? The UTs at least mail me and tell me they need assistance, need repair before they can continue. The CAGs however will now just sit in a shipyard on standby and not say anything. They must be sharing some sort of functionality to some extent. I just hope I can get this fixed cause it's annoying.

So far I love this script. Prior to using it I was loosing UT's left and right and the stupid part was I would go check on them they have pirates heading for them, they have jump fuel but refused to escape slow boating for a gate or station. Now they are smart enough to get out of dodge.

shabitz
x4

Post by shabitz » Wed, 28. Aug 13, 05:30

I'm 95% certain the re-install from .exe has fixed my problem UT's have been attacked several times and yet all are still running. CAGs I haven't had any stop at shipyard yet that I've noticed.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 15:24

great! Glad, all is working fine now :)

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Tue, 24. Sep 13, 14:17

Hey there gnasirator! Got a quick question here... wondering if anyone on X3AP version 3.0 can double-check...

The improved MK3 was working great before 3.0. I then took a long break from the game, and only recently updated and went back to it to check out the new contents (figured I would at least finish the added story missions before X Rebirth is released). After a while of gameplay, I noticed that my MK3's were accumulating leftover wares in their cargo hold (I manually cleared them several times, but they still build up). The problem isn't as severe as the stock MK3, but it still happens. I don't remember this being an issue back in 2.5.

I tried reinstalling the Improved MK3 - did it by the proper way:
-Cleared out the X3AP script folder. Had Steam re-download all the default scripts.
-Ran the .EXE from the Improved MK3 package.

Is there anything I am doing wrong? Did the 3.0 update affect this script in any way or?

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Tue, 24. Sep 13, 21:01

It should not ... your way of installing seems fine. Maybe try using the no_steam .exe for the game?

Else, please upload a save somewhere with some traders having leftover wares so that I can watch over their shoulders and figure out, why they're not selling their stuff.

Maybe 3.0 DOES affect the script, I might just have to test it ...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 24. Sep 13, 21:09

There weren't any changes made to the Mk3 trader scripts in X3AP version 3.0. See also the AP Steam patches Documentation thread for a list of added / changed files.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Wed, 25. Sep 13, 03:42

X2-Illuminatus wrote:There weren't any changes made to the Mk3 trader scripts in X3AP version 3.0. See also the AP Steam patches Documentation thread for a list of added / changed files.
Hmm, so technically I shouldn't have needed to reinstall the script at all right?

This is really strange...

@Gnasirator - Okay, I'll be sure to make a save next time this happens. I haven't played in a while again. :P

Hiper-Boy
x3ap

Post by Hiper-Boy » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 21:00

Getting a bit of a problem, I do not know if its because of this script or intended do to the game.
My ships would get to 80% hull and dock, I would receive a message saying that I need to go there and repair it.
I have about 10 ships doing UT in SATA throughout the night, when I came back 9/10 of them stoped doing anything waiting for me to repair them.

If anyone got insight on this please let me know.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 23:53

Could be simply a coincidence. You should be happy that the ships are still alive :)

In this script, the behaviour is still intended that damaged ships wait at a shipyard for repairing.

So I'd suggest to upgrade their shields and maybe restrict them as local traders to a safer area.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”