[X3AP Bonus Plugin] Trade MK3 Blacklist Manager

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 11:29

i have had 1 instance of the blacklist not working, ST came into Jupiter to sell remaining Ore

however i only have one UT which is a recent addition and my other ST's do not have the trade range to go near the terran war sectors so its still an indication that i may not work properly

Pruvmerong
x4

Post by Pruvmerong » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 11:59

It's not just refueling/etc that causes UT's to enter blacklist sectors. I sat there and watched one of my UT's enter Omicron Lyrae and sell a load of ore at one of the stations. I had that sector and most of the individual stations within blacklisted. I've also had numerous UT's try to sell stuff in Spaceweed Grove, and try to fly through Asteroid Belt (I have all Pirate/Terran sectors blacklisted). Luckily, I've only actually lost one UT so far.

Nick Northern
x3tc

Post by Nick Northern » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 23:35

I am running this from the bonus pack inside AP.

In about 20 hours game time running UT's with blacklist running and about 15 sectors on the list, I have had my ships go into blacklisted sectors about a dozen times. Every single time it was either Omicron Lyrae or the pirate sector to the right of PTNI Headquarters. They have never run into any other blacklisted sector. All the times they did this, they were trying to sell food. Meatsteaks in Omicron Lyrae and Rastar Oil in the pirate sector east of PTNI Headquarters (sorry forget its name in AP).

I'm not annoyed by this as Blacklist still works better than not using one at all, but hopefully this info will be informative to someone.
Enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker.
Frank Herbert

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 06:07

I agree with you Nick, it is usually Omicron Lyrae that they go to with a natural product. I havent had them go to pirate sectors yet.
I know that the script at least kind of works. I had been attacked in Empire's Edge so that sector went on the temp blacklist and I tried to sart a new sector trader there, i got a message from the pilot saying he can't work in this sector because there is no place to land.

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 10:18

oddgit wrote:I agree with you Nick, it is usually Omicron Lyrae that they go to with a natural product. I havent had them go to pirate sectors yet.
I know that the script at least kind of works. I had been attacked in Empire's Edge so that sector went on the temp blacklist and I tried to sart a new sector trader there, i got a message from the pilot saying he can't work in this sector because there is no place to land.
the temporary blacklisting is already built-in to the UT code, even without the blacklist manager, and appears to work perfectly (if you watch the entries, you can see that it's how your UTs avoid taking the same deal from the same station - the first UT to "see" a bargain temporarily blacklists the station, so none of the other traders will land there); the blacklist manager is supposed to let you add permanent exceptions to the list, but the UTs don't seem to properly check them. that's why I think it's actually a bug in the UT code, rather than in the blacklist manager itself.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 10:37

it is a bug in the UT code, and it will be fixed.
the blacklist manager is just the UI for it and doesn't actually control the blacklisting.

the problem is that the blacklisting is only used when searching for the intial deal. So once it has bought the wares, and the station to sell at no longer has the best deal, it'll search for a new station.

this search ignores the blacklist so the ship can end up selling anywhere

ChristensenCT
x4

MK3 Blacklist Manager

Post by ChristensenCT » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 06:48

I wasn't sure if the Blacklist Manager was an official part of the game so I didn't post a bug report.

Anyway, due to the lack of jump beacons in Terran space, ST/UTs will ignore sector blacklists if there are no closer routes to a target.

For example, most players will add Asteroid Belt to the blacklist, as it's a war sector. However, ST/UTs will still jump to Asteroid Belt if they are attempting to reach a target in Mars/Jupiter2/Jupiter3. The sector blacklist DOES NOT prevent pathing through a sector if no other route is available.

For traditional Common Wealth sectors this would never have been an issue because ALL sectors have their own jump gate to bypass a blacklisted sector. However, Terran space does enjoy this luxury so the blacklist is having difficulty coping.

Warped
x4

Post by Warped » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 02:31

the problem is that the blacklisting is only used when searching for the intial deal. So once it has bought the wares, and the station to sell at no longer has the best deal, it'll search for a new station.
Q1. Does the blacklist manually configured prevent the trader from entering the sector when buying or selling?

I have applied the latest x3tc/ap patch(1.1) which states this is fixed, but I still cannot trade using the script(BLM) supplied by the bonus pack 5.1.

I had to re apply the bonus pack after the 1.1 upgrade due to readtext string errors showing up in the UI.

And I have another problem, my traders will not trade since applying the bonus pack (ST). I have set the sectors I do not want to buy or sell(refer Q1), however all the sectors I do want to trade appear in the automatic blacklist for some reason. I do not know why.

Q2. Is the auto blacklist also considered when buying/selling?

Q3. Can the auto blacklist be configured to be ignored.

Q4. Can I just uninstall the bonus pack from the PC to not use th BLM, and if not, how do I remove it totally.

Cheers

Zzyn
x3

Post by Zzyn » Tue, 30. Jul 13, 23:58

infy dev wrote: it'd be nice if you could restrict the UTs to sectors you have a satellite in (as with CAGs), and also (unrelated) if it didn't occasionally reset the emergency jump parameters.

I guess it's STs with a jump range of 10 all round. that's almost as good as a UT, right?

right?
I had written a script for X2 that adjusted UTs to only go to sectors where I had placed a nav satilite with the name Trade, or something like that. I believe I also updated the script for refueling to follow the same rules.

It seemed successful to me and the others that use it, but it's probably lost to the ether. It was on this board at some point, but I have no clue what may have happened to it, and I haven't scripted in a long time. I know that doesn't help much, but your idea worked well in X3 when I actually had time to implement something of the sort!

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 14:36

hi

there seems to be an issue with the black list in so much as ships ignore it and still enter blacklisted sectors whats going on ? because just now i had one of my UT springblossoms fly into asteroid belt despite the fact that i have put asteroid belt and all the other war sectors on the banned list

i though the whole idea of the black list was to prevent your MK3 traders from entering sectors where they are likely to get blown to bits like for example the war sectors

whats going on is there a bug in there script ? or have i just miss understood what the black list is supposed to do ? if it is a case of miss understanding what the black list is supposed to do how then do i configure the black list to keep my traders out of Terran space ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 15:31

The blacklist will only prevent the UT for searching those sectors for its destination.

however due to the lack of jump games in Terran sectors, the UT ends up jumping to Asteroid belt as its the closest jump gate it can reach, then flys the rest of the way.

so you also need to blacklist sectors that you cant reach without traveling through war sectors, these will include Jupiter 2 and 3.

possibly others depending on where you have jump beacons (assuming your rank is high enough to actually use the beacons).

you may need to include Saturn and Mars too (if they dont have jump beacons available)

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 12:30

possibly others depending on where you have jump beacons (assuming your rank is high enough to actually use the beacons).

you may need to include Saturn and Mars too (if they dont have jump beacons available)
jump beacons ? where do you get those because as far as I can tell there is no such thing at least not for the player

I know the NPCs have a few doted around various places because I blew up a bunch in terran space hoping that it would stop the RFF ships escaping when I'm trying to take them over since I cant follow if they use one of them beckons as a jump point

which is odd I would have though jump beacons would be jump beacons no matter who owns em and I would have though I'd be able to use em to as long as I know there locations and can select them as a target odd thing though I can use the jump beacons in commonwealth space weird

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 13:59

You can use the race owned jump beacons. But only if you are not enemies with the race.

so if you are friendly with Terrans, you can use their jump beacons, meaning you can jump to most terran sectors. Of course, this doesn't help if you have destroyed them.

to get your own, you need to find RRF ships that have them and board them. You will gain access to the jump beacon in their cargo and can deploy them whereever.

If there are no more beacons in terran space, then you will also need to blacklist, Saturn, Titan, Saturn 2, Saturn 3, Mars, Venus and Mercury (also earth, but theres no stations there so it doesn't matter).

Also, destroying jump beacons wont prevent ships jumping out. Jump beacons are to jump to, not to jump from, but they are mainly used by the player

joeobrien22

Re: [X3AP Bonus Plugin] Trade MK3 Blacklist Manager

Post by joeobrien22 » Sun, 22. Mar 20, 18:15

does anyone have this plugin for download anymore?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 22. Mar 20, 18:22

It's included in the official Bonus Package, which can be downloaded here. (Also linked and mentioned in the opening post. ;) )
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

joeobrien22

Post by joeobrien22 » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 01:23

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 22. Mar 20, 18:22
It's included in the official Bonus Package, which can be downloaded here. (Also linked and mentioned in the opening post. ;) )
Thank you! Working now, time to get back into it!

joeobrien22

Post by joeobrien22 » Tue, 24. Mar 20, 01:33

Not sure if this is a problem from the bonus pack or not but...
One of my pilots is cycling through: "but wares at best price" before going to standby... All the other traders were working normally so I tried the usual selling and ejecting cargo.. Yet I went into manual nav and found that every station in every sector I went into was red. I have high standing with all said sectors and no other pilots show this... Any suggestions?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 28. Mar 20, 09:11

Check the friend/foe settings of your trader ship.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sadiq
x4

Post by Sadiq » Wed, 11. Aug 21, 21:41

So I dusted off the old game, because I heard there was a new add-on, and started working with the BLM. I was wondering if there was a way to copy the list from one game to another? I I usually play a Commonweath startup, and so black list all terran, pirate, yaki, unknown, warzone, etc (you see where this is going) sectors. The list is quite extensive, and a PITA to remake from game to game. I know it's been years, but if anyone is still paying attention and knows I'd really appreciate it. TIA

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”