[X3AP Bonus Plugin] Hephaistos Corp. - Station building service

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 20:09

To get the ball rolling again and to hopefully get the Bonuspack version of the Hephaistos Corp updated this century, following is a version to test:

Hephaistos Corp. BP Version 1.1 - BETA TEST:

Attention: This test version marks your savegame as *modified*. This cannot be reversed.

To test this version and to continue your normal (unmodified) savegame, please do as follows:
(Please note that the following explanation assumes that you have the Bonuspackage installed. The test version 1.1 requires a few script files (Hotkey Manager) from the Bonuspackage.)
  1. Backup your savegames. This FAQ article explains, where you find your savegames.
  2. In the X3: Albion Prelude directory backup your "scripts" and "t" folder (i.e. copy both folders to other places). This FAQ article describes, where you find your X3: Albion Prelude directory by default.
  3. Download the .zip-archive "HephCorp_BP_test_version1.1.01_modified.zip" here (mediafire.com) and extract it to your X3: Albion Prelude directory. Confirm the question, if files should be overwritten.
  4. Start a game and load a save.
What does this version do?

Bug Fixes:
  • - Fixed freeze, when only Terran rank for buying stations was sufficient
    - Fixed positioning of Solar Power Plants
    - Fixed problem with wrongly displayed delivery message
    - Fixed problem with money check on player and station accounts leading to not-enough-money message, although enough money was there
    - Fixed problem with Hephaistos Corp. 'building' stations in sector null

New features:
  • - orderable station amount was increased from 125 to 512
    - New station delivery method takes usage of jump beacons
    • -> In Version 1.0 the TLs jumped to the sector centre and flew to the building place afterwards. This worked good, if the building place was near the sector centre, but not so good if a lot of stations should be built far away from the ecliptic.
      Now, if there is a jumpgate or beacon in a radius of 20 km to the building place the TLs will simply jump to it and start to build the stations. If there isn't, an M4 class ship will jump to the nearest jumpgate or beacon, fly to the building place and drop a jump beacon, which all TLs will jump to. The jump beacon will be destroyed after the last station was built.

- automatic cancellation-function to end frozen order/delivery process
    • -> With X3AP version 1.1 the conditions for one of the jump-commands used in the Hephaistos Corp. scripts were changed. The result was that jumps to sectors without jumpgates or beacons won't happen anymore. Unfortunately, this led to a frozen/hanging script, if such a sector was selected as a building place. The new cancellation function will end the current order process and transfer the already paid money back to the player account. It will also handle the retransfer of money, if the HephCorp. wasn't able to deliver the Jump beacon.
Internal testing history
(Note that these version numbers (.xx) are nowhere displayed and just serve overiew purposes to show what was changed during testing. The final HephCorp version in the upcoming BP will be version 1.1.)
  • 9th January 2013 - Version 1.1.00

15th June 2013 - Version 1.1.01
    • - Added station sizes of Terran player stations, which were added with X3AP update 3.0
      - removed station alpha rotation values from t file
      - Jump beacon delivery will be abborted, when either the jump beacon deliverer or the jump beacon was destroyed 5 times
      - Destroying the jump beacon deliverer after delivering the jump beacon should no longer halt the script
      - Yaki stations can be ordered, when they are available for sale
      - Fixed not opening HephCorp menu, when trying to pay in installments
      - re-enabled storno script in main1 script
What should be tested?
  • - All things that are marked as fixed
    - The new delivery method
    - The new cancellation function. It should only activate, if you load a save with a hanging order process and press the HephCorp. hotkey or when the Jump beacon deliverer is destroyed 5 times in an order process. (Personally, I think this is the most important point!)
    - Check if you can obtain the jump beacons (shouldn't be possible), for example by capturing the jump beacon deliverer.
    - Try to capture/destroy the jump beacon deliverer (doing so 5 times should end the delivering/order process) and to board/destroy the station delivery TLs (Next TL should jump in after a short while) and report what happens. The script will pause for a short time, but shouldn't hang in these cases.
How can this version be uninstalled?

Delete the "scripts" and "t" folder and copy your backup folders back to the Albion Prelude directory. Same applies to the savegames.

Additional notes:

- Again please note that this is test version. It's not meant to be used with your proper savegames to play along and will mark your saves as *modified*.

- Please don't be surprised: One or two debug functions writing messages to the logbook are still active.

- The best test environment is a save with a few millions of Credits on your account, so that you can order stations already.

- The zip-archive contains an English and German text file.

- This version is uninteresting for people, whose game is set to *modified* already! The unsigned version of the Hephaistos Corp can be found here. It contains already all functions and features of the BP version 1.1. Those, who want to switch from the Bonus package to the unsigned version should carefully read the opening post of the linked topic. It contains instructions to properly uninstall the BP version.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Fri, 28. Jun 13, 18:33, edited 3 times in total.

IRGhost
x4

Post by IRGhost » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 21:49

Hi i've just tested the beta script and it doesn't fix my hanging script (tried to build in a terran sector before using the beta script and confirmed that nothing happens)

switching to beta script....

i do get a message saying the 1st ship in underway.

Clicking ok and waiting and then trying to call heph again does nothing...

No money seems to be transfered back either...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 16. Feb 13, 12:24

Thanks for testing the beta script. What you described shouldn't happen. Would you please send me your save from before trying the beta script? (Either upload your save somewhere and send it me via PM or if you don't want to upload your save somewhere, I can also tell you my email address via PM.)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

dzieciakowy
x4

Post by dzieciakowy » Sat, 23. Feb 13, 20:24

Hi. It does not work for me neither - i still have a frozen build order in terran space.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 23. Feb 13, 20:28

Would you please provide a savegame from before using the beta version, so I can have a look it?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

dzieciakowy
x4

Post by dzieciakowy » Sat, 23. Feb 13, 21:30

I sent you a PM with the download link.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 24. Feb 13, 09:06

Thanks, but I haven't received anything yet. Would you please check, if you entered the correct name in the PM address field?

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 24. Feb 13, 19:05

Are you still monitoring this thread? http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 29#4023129
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 24. Feb 13, 20:57

Yes, I do. I saw your post already, but haven't found the time to answer yet. Thank you for testing the beta version.

I currently don't have the time to work on the script or to organize any real testing, which is why I posted the beta version here. That way everyone can have a look at the beta script and post feedback. Posting in the L3 Script testing forum is okay too. Every constructive feedback is welcome.
When I have more time again, this will help me to hopefully fix any remaining bugs.

gmf1
x4

Post by gmf1 » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 06:42

Is 1.1 going to be released as a "non modified" version? Love the script other than the not being able to build in terran sectors with no gates/jump beacons. Thank you.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 09:12

Is 1.1 going to be released as a "non modified" version?
Yes, it will be released as part of the BP.

SmokinSoldier
x3tc

Post by SmokinSoldier » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 05:36

What are the chances of adding the yaki stations into the script?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 15:25

If they are buyable at the Yaki shipyard (what they are when you choose a certain side in the Shady Business plot), then the chances are good that you will be able to order them in the next version.

SmokinSoldier
x3tc

Post by SmokinSoldier » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 01:02

:D yay

SmokinSoldier
x3tc

Post by SmokinSoldier » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 01:43

So I'm having a problem with the current Bonus Pack build. A few of the factories are being built 1000km or so away from the main complex, it is a large 125 station complex. Ghoul Missile, Soyfarm L, Specter Missile, M/AM warhead, EMPC forge, Crystal fab L x4, there may be more but this is the second time I have tried to build it and a few of the factories keep getting placed way out there. First time I thought it might of been from me using SETA, this time I have not used seta and am still having problems.

edit: the 4 crystal fabs were overlapping one another but not damaging each other, if that tells you anything.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 18:13

That is most-likely a problem with the missing station sizes of the new Terran stations that were added with update 3.0. They aren't included in the T file yet. The new test version fixes this problem. The new stations are:

Code: Select all

Food Preparation Facility M 
Food Preparation Facility L 
Matter/Anti-matter Production Fab 
Hull Plating Production Facility 
Matter/Anti-Matter Mine Fab 
EMP Rifle Assembly Facility 
Spectre Missile Manufacturing Facility 
Ghoul Missile Manufacturing Plant 
Vita Kai Production Plant M 
Vita Kai Production Plant L 
Flavor Pack Production Facility M 
Flavor Pack Production Facilities L 
------------------------------

Hephaistos Corp. BP Version 1.1 - BETA TEST - Update

Changelog - Update (version 1.1.01)
  • - Added station sizes of Terran player stations, which were added with X3AP update 3.0
    - removed station alpha rotation values from t file
    - Jump beacon delivery will be abborted, when either the jump beacon deliverer or the jump beacon was destroyed 5 times
    - Destroying the jump beacon deliverer after delivering the jump beacon should no longer halt the script
    - Yaki stations can be ordered, when they are available for sale
    - Fixed not opening HephCorp menu, when trying to pay in installments
    - re-enabled storno script in main1 script
For Download and Test instructions please refer to this post.

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 22:32

I set the Hephaistos Corp. build service hot key to b. It shows up in the controls interface section as b. I am assuming that it does not have to be caps.

however, pressing it when in a sector nothing comes up. I am assuming that i am missing something but not sure what that might be. help, please.

edit: all 3 stations have 1,000,000 min and player has 8,000,000 min

I am using the 5.1.0.0 bonus pack version with x3ap, steam version. No other mods.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 10:25

Are you by any chance docked to a station? Hotkeys only work when being in space.

Edit: Another thing to try out would be to start a new game, assign the hotkey and try to press it. At least there should be message telling you that you don't have enough money. If that doesn't work, I would guess that the installation isn't complete. So please check, if all of the following files are placed in the X3 Terran Conflict\addon\scripts-folder:

Code: Select all

lib.gz.get.object.size
lib.X2I.HephCorp.findgate
lib.X2I.HephCorp.getbuildconstant
lib.X2I.HephCorp.getstatmoney
lib.X2I.HephCorp.installequip
lib.X2I.HephCorp.moneystring
lib.X2I.HephCorp.valid
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.build
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.createship
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.getpositions
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.getSPPposition
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.getstations
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.main1
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.main2
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.main3
setup.X2I.HephCorp.bp

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Mon, 22. Jul 13, 04:58

ty yes I was docked. that solved it. i am stupid. I also posted in wrong post a second time but saying sorryl did not help me. I will try to be more careful but it is confusing sometimes. anyway at least i did not get banned, yet. ty again. all good now as for bringing it up with hotkey. will try to figure it all out on my own so as not to bother you guys.

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Mon, 5. Aug 13, 00:15

when I finish the order and it asks me to select the position I can do the sector but when it wants a sector location I can not get it to accept my choice. I am clicking on the spot in sector that I want the first station to go but it does not seem to like me click. How do I select the sector location, please?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”